SK Vard Haugesund - Give the Youth a Chance - FM12 Version - Take 2

Dune297

I don't know how many people remember my threads some months ago, but I'm looking to try it again after taking a long break from Vard. If you have a chance, go back to the previous threads to see what I have done in both the 2011 and 2012 version. The highlight of my career was when we reached the second round of the Euro Cup with help from fair play after back to back promotions. Sadly, only a few years later, I was sacked after a board takeover. I'm still looking to repeat that success, and hopefully go even further.

Rules:

- I can not purchase players.

- After my original players retire, I can only use the youth that the club produces.

Save Description

Patch

Database

Custom

Computer Performance

5 stars - Specs below

Leagues Loaded

Norway (Second Division, third level of Norway)

View Only

All leagues, all nations. Please ask if you have any curiosity regarding clubs/standings in ANY league around the world.

Start Date

January 2012

Youtube Channel

This will be used for goals and highlights.

Club Description

SK_Vard_Haugesund-logo-78EB4F9FAC-seeklogo.com.gif

Club Name

SK Vard Haugesund

Media Prediction

6th

Expectations

Top-Half Finish

Stadium

Haugesund Stadium (Capacity: 8800, Seated 5000)

800px-Haugesund_stadion.jpg

Club Information

Sportsklubben Vard Haugesund is a Norwegian football club located in Haugesund. It currently plays in the Norwegian Second Division, and last played in the Norwegian First Division in 2004. The team reached the Norwegian Football Cup finals in 1962 and 1975. The club was founded in 1916.

Norweign Second Division

The Norwegian Second Division (Norwegian: 2. divisjon) is the third highest men's football league in Norway. Since 2009, the official name of the league has been Fair Play-ligaen.[1]

There are 56 teams divided into four groups, and at the end of the season the winner of each group earns promotion to the second highest league, Adeccoligaen. The bottom three teams in each group are relegated to the Third Division.

Until the 1996 season the Second Division was divided into six groups. Between 1997 and 2001 that was increased to eight. It was named the Third Division (Norwegian: 3. divisjon) until 1990.

The Second Division is the highest league a reserve team can participate in, and only reserve teams from the Tippeligaen clubs (first tier) are allowed to enter. The participation of reserve teams stirs debate from time to time.[2]

My Steam

Feel free to contact me at any time!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DUNEB/

My Rig

Processor:

Intel® Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz Overclocked to 3.8 GHz

Memory:

16gb(4x4gb) Gskill Sniper 1600

Hard Drive:

120gb Vertex 3 Max IOPS Edition, SSD 120gb Corsair SSD, 160gb Intel SSD, 1TB in HDD space

Video Card:

EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 680

Monitor:

25.5 inch Samsung 1920x1200

Sound Card:

Speakers (ASUS Xonar DX Audio Device)

Speakers/Headphones:

Logitech THX

Keyboard:

Logitech Illuminati

Mouse:

Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Mouse Surface:

Func Industries 1030 Surface

Operating System:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)

Motherboard:

AsRock P55 Deluxe

Computer Case:

Mountain Mods U2-UFO Horizon

Cooling:

Noctuah NHD-14

All credit goes out to hrbfcrule for the idea, and everyone who happens to be currently undertaking the youth challenge for my inspiration. Deep thanks to all of you. Threads in both FM11 and FM12 found below. If you want your thread listed here, please don't hesitate to PM me, post here, or add me on Steam.

Football Manager 2011

hrbfcrule's

IK Tord

Dune297's SK Vard 2011

Dune297's V.C. Eendracht Aalst 2002

pnefc22's Smedby AIS

Tony Hawker's Matlock Town

SpooneyDM's Hogaborgs BK

mackemforever's Ashton & Backwell United

TheMister's Dinamo Moscow

Football Manager 2012

Season                  League/Division              Position          Norweigan Cup                 Euro Cup                 Champions League
*2012 * * * * Norweigan Second Division Group 3 * * * *1st(C) * * * * * *1st Round * * * * * * * * * * None * * * * * * * * * * * * None * * *

Key:

P = Promoted

C = Champions

Pre-Season Update

Media Prediction - 6th

Expectations - Top-Half Finish

Wage Budget - $3,034 p/w

Wage Expenses - $2,742 p/w

First Team

Youth Team

Best Players at the Club

Alexander Stølås - Brilliant player in both my past saves. Screamers were common from him.

Erlend Grov - Both Erlend and Simen were outstanding players in my first FM12 save. Hope they still are.

Simen Grov - Simen was arguably the best defender we had, outplaying Erlend in most matches.

Youth Prospects - Season 1

No youth yet.

Friendlies

Vard 1-1 Haugesund

Vard 5-0 Akra

Vard 3-0 Orre

Decent results. Used the last two friendlies as morale boosters. Hope we can start strong.

Decided to get through the season and see how I did before starting any monthly updates. Won the league by four points. Quite surprised. Forty year old Jarle Wee somehow managed 22 in 27 and won Golden Boot. That's a success that will never happen again. :p

Season 1 Review

SK_Vard_Haugesund-logo-78EB4F9FAC-seeklogo.com.gif

Team

Media Prediction - 6th

Final Position - 1st

Board Takeover - Yes

Expectations - Top-Half Finish

Stadium Construction - Yes

Season's Best Players

Alexander Stølås - Lionel Stølås? Stølås whipped up 7 goals and 17 assists in 24 matches. 7.50 average rating as well.

Erlend Grov - Erlend has been absolutely revolutionary in the defense. With a 7.37 average rating, I don't know how we would have gotten promoted without him.

Jarle Wee - 22 goals and 8 assists in 27 apps. Also managed to whip up a 7.51 average rating. Amazing for our 40 year old striker!

Youth

I'll show you guys the youth in the pre-season update. Prepare for quite a poor turnout though.

Pre-Season Update

Media Prediction - 15th

Expectations - Avoid Relegation

Wage Budget - $7,066 p/w

Wage Expenses - $3,411 p/w

First Team

Youth Team

Best Players at the Club

Alexander Stølås - Had a great prior season. Led the assists charts with 17 in only 24. Also had our highest average match rating. Hoping he'll be able to step up at this level too.

Erlend Grov - Erlend Grov had an outstanding previous season, far better than Simen. A big force at our back.

Erlend Drivenes - Drivenes went rather unnoticed last season, despite scoring a 7.34 average rating. I'd consider him one of my best players as of now.

Youth Prospects - Season 2

Jone Olsen (YP1) (GK) - Report - Best of the bunch with an unimpressive 2.5 star potential. Definitely not what I was hoping for, especially considering our goalkeepers are pretty well covered for now.

Stig Søndeland (YP2) (ST/MC) - Report - Only a 2 star potential. Signed him as a last resort striker, in case of injury. Don't see him having a future at the club, sadly.

Friendlies

Vard 2-1 Haugesund

Vard 4-1 Honefoss

Randaberg 1-3 Vard

Pors 1-0 Vard

Nest-Sotra 1-3 Vard

Impressive set of results considering the clubs we faced. Hope that can translate into the season.

April Update

Vard 1-1 Kongsvinger (D2)

Holko 57, Moen 3'

Notodden 2-1 Vard (D2)

Enger 41', Kleven 46', Holko 21'

Vard 1-2 Alta (D2)

Drivenes 4', Pedersen pen. 31', 36'

Ranheim 2-2 Vard (D2)

Ouhadou 44', Melkvik 61', S. Grov 19', Wee 58', Drivenes sent off 90'

Causevic plays a great pass into Holko who meets it with his foot and chips it over the unsuspecting keeper.

[video=youtube;hVXcwZUy_k0]

League Table

A698B5AACE6D8F74803496523730AE62C91C64DE

Nice that you got the youth facilities upgrade right from the beginning, especially given this type of career! :) I'm doing Norway as well...youth candidates have been horrible. Hope you have better luck!

Nice that you got the youth facilities upgrade right from the beginning, especially given this type of career! :) I'm doing Norway as well...youth candidates have been horrible. Hope you have better luck!

Indeed. Something I definitely wasn't expecting. Haha, hope we can both get some good youth when the time is right. Thanks for the luck! :)

Great, new GYAC career, I love them :)

And I love playing them! :lol:

May Update

Frigg 3-1 Vard (NC)

Haddal 7', Groterud 28', Kringberg 81', Lilleng 35', Haraldseid sent off 60'

Vard 2-0 Fyllingsdalen (D2)

Stølås 51', Stig Søndeland (YP2) 69'

Vard 0-2 Sarpsborg (D2)

Hansen 36', Henanger 45', Wiig missed pen. 69'

Nybergsund 2-1 Vard (D2)

Jone Olsen (YP1) o.g. 79', Bagheri 86', Stølås 36'

Haugesund 1-2 Vard (D2)

Markegard 90', Severeide Sætre 6', Wee 84'

Stig Søndeland (YP2) scores his first goal for the club, and what a stunner it is.

[video=youtube;7sRE5JMaReU]

League Table

8B03D30478C64030B6510C93F16EC3C9BCF0F50C

June Update

Vard 0-0 Bryne (D2)

Hamkam 0-1 Vard (D2)

Stølås 76'

Vard 0-0 Stabæk (D2)

Moss 2-3 Vard (D2)

Henriksen 2', Skagevang 8', Ørpetveit 45', Stig Søndeland (YP2) 66', Wee 81'

Stølås finishes off a beautiful team move.

[video=youtube;TjIXDoBu2UE]

League Table

E6625064A09A5F7A29561C6DFAFEAAFD0CE72E6E

Hanging in there. Always looked like a tough league to survive in.

Indeed! I must admit we are far exceeding expectations. Thought finishing near last was a certainty. Hope we can hang in there for the rest of the season! :)

July Update

Vard 1-0 Ull-Kisa (D2)

Wee 26'

Tromsdalen 4-1 Vard (D2)

Dani 22, Johnsgard 49', Yndestad 65', Allertsen 81', Lilleng 38'

Vard 1-0 Start (D2)

S. Grov 53'

Kongsvinger 1-2 Vard (D2)

Myklebust 51', E. Grov 59', 90+3'

Stølås puts in a brilliant cross leaving the simplest of finishes for Wee.

[video=youtube;sKMOBnq2MGo]

League Table

4BD723145AE7DA919562C4E2C24B3BC9BD16CA4E

Oh dear, hope it's not too painful.

Wasn't horrible gladly! Didn't get a point, but we stayed in there. Had three grey players in my lineup. Rather angry about four reds in 2 matches though.

8758DEB42C0AF384F33771561442F9643324B5D2

August Update

Vard 0-0 Nottoden (D2)

Alta 0-3 Vard (D2)

Wee 33', E. Grov 51', Lilleng 53', Ørpetveit sent off 60', Lilleng sent off 88'

Vard 3-4 Ranheim (D2)

Langas pen. 7', Haraldseid 71', Krohn Haaland 80', Hoiland sent off 63', Svensson sent off 84', Bye 10, 50, 73, Ouhadou 32'

Fyllingsdalen 6-2 Vard (D2)

Jarnbjo 11', Ibrahim 39', 49', Kaland 45+3', Bachke 64', E. Grov o.g. 67', Kaland o.g. 19', Holko 77'

Stølås crosses to find Wee who scores a simple sliding finish.

[video=youtube;1kbDgTtP7qw]

League Table

823A0E6B1922923138E3BA4DD56AE87DF91CD796

September Update

Vard 1-1 Nybersgsund Nottoden (D2)

Stølås 5', Henriksen 3', Dalen sent off 88'

Sarpsborg 3-0 Vard (D2)

Jusufi 10', Wiig 19', 71'

Vard 1-2 Haugesund (D2)

E. Grov 21', Carr 31', Bjørnbakk 45+2'

Vard 2-3 Hamkam (D2)

Stølås pen. 49', Holko 83', Stølås sent off 93', Sturod 45+1', Olsen 55', Gundersen 90', Bjerke sent off 54'

Bryne 1-0 Vard (D2)

Risholt 35', Causevic sent off 90+2'

A good buildup sees Holko with an easy finish.

[video=youtube;vr94iBu2RrI]

League Table

4FADAC41F20C02B9682F2FB6C62A53E0CFA77D54

Archived