Player Search/Scout Reports - Something has to be done

It's a bit of a nightmare when I click on the "Player Search" button - as it takes an age to load up.

I have over 20 scouts. And they are generating reports for every player they find. I know you can ask the scouts to only report on the players above a certain "ability", "potential". But it's really awkward to get through 20 scouts and setting this up.

This results in Scout Reports being generated for all sorts of players. And this really slows down the Player Search screen for some reason?

What is the point of a scout coming back recommending players who are not good enough, surely reports for players should either never be generated or automatically removed?

Something really has to be done. I just tried to remove 2114 scout reports and it crashed the game!

I have to remove them 100 players at a time. It's a bit time consuming, and I really don't want to spend my playing time cleaning up crap scout reports that should not have been generated from the start.

Again I know that I can specify that when sending out Scouts - but again - it's really awkward to set up.

I'd really prefer if scouts were "smarter" and didn't bother reporting back on players that are not good enough to play in the time, either currently or potentially. I don't mind potential players being scouted and their reports kept.

Every click in the Player Search takes about 10 seconds for a response.

I have an i7 with 6gb RAM. And the Scout Reports really hamper performance, and 90% of the scout reports are not needed!

Why should I have to? It's the scout reports that slow down the search screen. The game shouldn't generate so many. It's ridiculous. Why do I need 2114 scout reports for 2 star potential players? Surely I'm not ever going to sign 2114 players with 2 star potential.

And I have so many scouts because I'm trying for the achievement of "75% Scouting Knowledge" which is very difficult to do. I've scouts from all over the world, in every competition and most leagues. Along with coaches from all over the world and buying players even from Japan, China, South Korea, Africa, India, etc.

I've a huge game going here.

The game isn't designed just for you Eugene.

The player search is there to give you information of the players you are aware of based on your scouting knowledge, because you have done a lot of scouting you are aware of a lot of players.

You are also the one that has requested the scout reports - You say what is the point of reporting on a 2* potential player, well the same goes for 3*, 4*, 5* where do you draw the line? Different people have different opinions. I can see a possible improvement to the scouting part if it was part of the manager options where you could set some limits for reports but then what about when different scouts have different opinions as should be the case based on JPA/JPP.

Why should you have to use the shortlists? Well SI have given you a way to manage the scouting, its been in the game for years. Its not SI's fault that you stick your head in the sand as usual and refuse to use an option.

Yeh it's very awkward in the game to set the scouts up to send you just those reports - I've already said this.

If scout reports slow the game down to a crawl - 10 seconds between screens - then the game shouldn't generate so many. I've a very decent computer here and it can't handle the amount of scout reports being generated.

If the game isn't working as intended then something has to be done to speed it up.

Whether that's making the Scouts better by automatically not creating reports on players (perhaps a preference), or the introduction of Head Scouts or something... something has to be done.

The scout reports slow down the Player Search function.

Shortlists are an option. But if I put players on shortlists then I get "News Items" about them far too often. Again slowing the game down.

There's already far too many news items.

It would be MUCH easier if the player search screen allowed you to enter all of your search parameters before actually searching. As it is now, if I want to search for players under the age of 19, I have to choose 'age' first, and then set the value to one of the predefined options in the dropdown, and then bump up/down as needed. This can be between 2-4 searches, where I really only want the last one.

Here's another not-so-new idea: paging! When you search for a term on Google, does it display all 18,000,000 results to you on the same page? Of course not. This is UI 101. It's unbelievable to me that SI have not done anything about this when the answer is so simple. Set the page size to 100 and only return 100 results per page -- it's quite simple.

Archived