Dela-Where?: Attempting to Bring a Small State to the Top Tier

cswalk08

Dover Mustangs Preseason 2013

Season 3: De-Fence *clap* *clap*

screenshot20120421at111.png

Youth Intake

screenshot20120509at239.png

Some players that might actually have a future! The best one, whose name has been covered, though signed with another team so following rancer's model I have named him "The Betrayer." I signed a few of the players, namely everyone with potential greater than 1 gold star and they are all starters on my youth team now.

Friedlies

screenshot20120511at126.png

Another decent string of friendlies, our game against the AC Crusaders shows that we should be able to do well in the CD2. The Milwaukee game was very interesting for one main reason: a certain player of theirs seems to really enjoy playing in Alumni Stadium. Wish I could have him back haha.

Transfers

screenshot20120511at127.png

I released a lot of players who were no longer necessary and my team had gotten huge and they all had no potential to grow either. Bolatti was the only player of significance to depart. I had to let him go because I signed a Brazilian Defender (Rafao, not pictured) and I'm still restrained by the 2 foreign player rule. The other 3 transfers in are the other new parts to my brand new back line. I'm hoping this puts us in a great situation both offensively and defensively for the coming year. The two young transfers I brought in last year, John May (ML) and Tom Garcia (DM), both grew in ability to surpass the first team members in the last year and I'm very satisfied with their performance thus far. I think I'm settled in the transfer market for now, the only position I may look to grab another player in is a Striker, and I have my best scout searching North America for him.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cerud-It is! Though I am excited for the day I get a starter straight out of intake in the distant future.

TheGeeatTraveler-It has already happened! Ben Kelly has gotten a game already due to injuries hopefully he can improve quickly.

Some quick things:

1. The game crashed with me not having saved after the last 3 games :o

2. I'm in fixture congestion hell due to the NAOC group stage (7 games in 17 days of march, and 7 more in April)

3. What are you thoughts on Monthly vs Bimonthly updates?

rancer890-I'm hopeful but I've been challenged and beaten frequently by teams at this level in cups. I think Cosmos didn't have their act together in the first year and last year they won promotion back and made it to the final of the NAOC. Also fun side-note: the Markham Maruaders (Is that a typo on the in game name?) have won promotion to the CAL and have turned semi-pro.

screenshot20120509at238.png

I've always called them Marauders because I thought that was a typo anyways. :lol:

Dover Mustangs March/April 2013

[/b]

Fixture Congestion From Hell

Matches

screenshot20120512at114.png

Colonial Division 2

screenshot20120512at114.png

We have once again started very strongly in the league. The new defenders are doing a fantastic job only letting in 3 goals in 6 league games while my offense continues to pour in the goals. If they both can keep up these kind of productions we will do just fine in the league.

North American Open Cup

screenshot20120513at120.png

We have escaped the Group Phase! We did very well and if we had beaten Orlando in the last game we would have won the group which would have meant nothing in terms of NAOC progression or monetary bonus but would've been fun to do! We have drawn a team from the tier below us, The Homestead Manatees...........yeah.....the Manatees, at home who we will hopefully beat up on.

I have also managed to sign two 19yo strikers with potential just below the level of Marin's ability so hopefully one turns out well. I'm still on the lookout for the top class striker but otherwise I'm probably done with the transfer market for now. Also, still no luck in the international squad job hunt.

deltablue-It does seem headed that way.

AK22-Yup, the defensive acquisitions have been great.

cerud-Thanks! Yup a lot of our current profit in the budget line reamins from the $1,000,000 I got for reaching the round of 16 in my first. Definitely hoping to get a decent amount of money through it this year.

TheGreatTraveler-We can only hope! As of early June we are still undefeated in the league so signs point to yes.

I've also received my first job offer. And if this was a journeyman career I would take it in a heartbeat. The transfer fund and wage budget are just so dang good looking.

screenshot20120514at705.png

Dover Mustangs May/June 2013

The Gods of the Draw Have Forsaken Us!

Colonial Division 2

screenshot20120515at325.png

screenshot20120515at322.png

We are still undefeated past the halfway mark of the season and our goals against statistic is still amazingly good. Another fun tidbit if that most of those goals have come when I rested most of the starters so the starting 4 backline has only conceded 1 or 2 goals so far this season. 4 games left until the split hopefully this is the year I can clinch the title with a decent amount of games in hand to remove some of the pressure.

North American Open Cup

screenshot20120515at325.png

This season the gods of the draw did not favor us. We drew a NASL (2nd tier) team in the 3rd qualifying round and managed to squeak out a win with a PK goal and fantastic defense, and how are we rewarded? With a game against MLS side Sporting Kansas City. I was expecting to be blown out of the park but the squad held firm and despite being dominated didn't allow a goal until 78th minute. We even managed a shot on target! Its unfortunate that we got such a bad draw because I was confident of another run that could've brought home some major $$$ (That means money for you Europeans). The SKC game was almost our first sell out with 7109 people filling a possible 7193 seats. Considering our average league attendance is around 350 people it was very nice to see the stadium full (and collect $55k in gate receipts). Hopefully we get a better draw next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Dover Mustangs July/August 2013

Champions!

Colonial Division 2

screenshot20120516at900.png

screenshot20120516at900.png

Colonial Premier League here we come! A good sequence of results maintaining our unbeaten record leads to another title and another promotion. The only challenge that remains is seeing if we can remain undefeated.

United States Open Cup

screenshot20120516at901.png

Two wins in our last cup competition so far in the competition. I'm excited to see if we can make a run here since we don't really need to really focus on the league season.

I'm back!

Sorry for the delay but in the last few weeks I've graduated from college and went on a roadtrip with a couple friends around the western US to celebrate. Updates should be coming regularly now.

Thanks everyone for your support and hopefully we'll keep moving up the ranks to the MLS!

I'm back!

Sorry for the delay but in the last few weeks I've graduated from college and went on a roadtrip with a couple friends around the western US to celebrate. Updates should be coming regularly now.

Thanks everyone for your support and hopefully we'll keep moving up the ranks to the MLS!

Congrats on graduating from college! Big achievement :thup:

Dover Mustangs September/October 2013

An Invincible Season

Colonial Division 2

screenshot20120612at122.png

screenshot20120612at121.png

An invincible season. Something I didn't think would happen but somehow we pulled it off! Our offense dried up for the last two months but the defense stepped up its game and made sure we held on for at least a draw every time.

United States Open Cup

screenshot20120612at122.png

What a run! We made it to the semis and unfortunately lost to a better team but we did well and hopefully we can repeat it next year.

Dover Mustangs 2013 Review

Colonial Division 2

Results | League Table | Most Valuable Player | Golden Boot | Defender of the Year | Goalkeeper of the Year | We are moving up to the 5th tier! A fantastic season that sets us up to do well at the next level. Marin wins another Golden Boot as well as an MVP award. Rafao wins defender of the year and Fenner wins his 3rd Goalkeeper of the year award.

North American Open Cup

Results | Final | After a great qualifying campaign, a bad draw was our misfortune getting an MLS team in the first round proper, but we still played well and exceded expectations

United States Open Cup

Results | Final | A very good cup run that saw us reach the semi final of the tournament.

Colonial Cup

Results | Final | Not a priority competition and major fixture congestion led to a back up squad losing a close game.

Other Competitions

MLS | Club World Championship: Final | NEP Reserve League | NEPL Academy Division | Our reserves are moving up after winning the reserve league! The academy team had a mediocre year and will hopefully improve. This year's CWC showed a CONCACAF team (Chavas de Guadalajara) making the final.

Fan Awards

Fan's Best XI | Fan's Player of the Year | Marin wins his 2nd Fan MVP in a row.

B.W.G.-Thanks! It was a frustrating game. I haven't given up nearly that many goals in a long time. Well....not including real life soccer. I've given up many more goals there.

cerud-I'm very excited that it happened. We'll see if the 5th tier is where I meet my match

SRL88-Thanks!

deltablue-Indeed! Now I just have to avoid getting to big an ego.

Dover Mustangs 2014 Season Preview

Board Expectations:

Colonial Premier League: Avoid Relegation (Media Prediction 20th, Promotion Odds 50-1)

North American Open Cup: 2nd Qualifying Round

United States Open Cup: 1st Round

Colonial Cup: Learn from the experience

My Expectations:

Colonial Premier League: Fight for promotion

North American Open Cup: Make a run.

United States Open Cup: Have Fun

Colonial Cup: Make a run.

Colonial Premier League

screenshot20120613at626.png

Here is the teams in the league for reference, and the league splits after the 1st 19 games. The previous experience against teams in the CPL is splitting two games against Erie, 1-1-1 in 3 friendlies against Real Maryland, and splitting two friendlies against Reading.

North American Open Cup:

screenshot20120613at633.png

This year we have to qualify for the Open Cup through the Phase I Group Qualifying. We have drawn into a rather difficult group where most of the teams are from tiers higher than ours including one NASL Team.

Dover Mustangs Preseason 2013

Season 3: De-Fence *clap* *clap*

Youth Intake

I forgot to take a screen cap of it

We had a good youth intake and I signed a lot of them mainly to add depth to the U18 squad. 3 or so players have potential to be 1st team players in a few years

Friedlies

screenshot20120613at627.png

Another busy pres-season, overall I'm happy with it, but some games such as the loss to our feeder team (Gainesville) were disappointing performances.

Transfers

screenshot20120613at628.png

DEPTH! We know have suitable back ups at most positions. I'm very happy with these moves. Jani Galik also makes his return to the team! It's really cool to have someone from the first season back in the lineup. Next we just need to bring back Estuardo Sanchez (who scored against us in a friendly again :lol: )

Dover Mustangs March/April 2014

Unbeaten

Matches

screenshot20120614at258.png

An undefeated two months and we;re still alive in both current cup competitions.

Colonial Premier League

screenshot20120614at258.png

We're going strong in the league including a dominating performance against Reading who I thought was going to be the team to beat in the league. It'll be interesting to see how the season goes for me. For the first time we were not in first place in the table at a point in the season.

North American Open Cup

screenshot20120614at259.png

We have improved on last years standing and won our group phase. It wasn't a difficult group with no teams from tiers higher than our own.

Archived