Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DWCallaghan

HTC Desire S - Played one season now wont load.

12 posts in this topic

I have finished a season in 2 days but now my save wont load. I have auto save switched off, just use manaual save. Now when I get to main screen and hit continue game, it very quicky says loading data but then stays at main screen. Also If I try to use the close game button nothing happens either !! new game and preferences are ok.

But tried starting a new game, then it wouldn't let me quit !!

Shoud I de install and start again ?

rebooted, switched off, tried everything.

I have deinstalled, reinstalled and have now started a new game. Waste of a season but as long as this one works. I am now able to load, play, and exit the new save. Should I just delete the old save and put it down to bad experiance ?

rebooted, switched off, tried everything.

I have deinstalled, reinstalled and have now started a new game. Waste of a season but as long as this one works. I am now able to load, play, and exit the new save. Should I just delete the old save and put it down to bad experiance ?

You're welcome to send me the old save if you like just so I can have a look at what's happened to it. A guide on how to do so is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file?p=7729086&viewfull=1#post7729086

Just to check, you didn't have anything strange happening while saving at any point such as the phone running out of battery or being plugged/unplugged into or out of a computer?

It may be worth turning on Autosave as well as using the manual saves, just to provide you with a backup in case something similar happens in future.

You're welcome to send me the old save if you like just so I can have a look at what's happened to it. A guide on how to do so is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file?p=7729086&viewfull=1#post7729086

Just to check, you didn't have anything strange happening while saving at any point such as the phone running out of battery or being plugged/unplugged into or out of a computer?

It may be worth turning on Autosave as well as using the manual saves, just to provide you with a backup in case something similar happens in future.

nothing funny done, save sent.

cheers, thanks.

New game seems to be ok, so it must be something with that save.

Hi again.

Had a look at your save now and there appears to be a large chunk of data missing from the end of it, which is why it won't load. It seems as if somehow the saving's been interrupted - if you can think of anything that might have caused that to happen?

I definitely recommend leaving autosave on just so that there's a backup if something similar happens again, the autosaves go into separate slots and so won't overwrite your manual save.

Nope, dont have a clue.

Will just delete the save then and continue with the save I have now. Many thanks for looking.

Oh well, will remain a mystery then. Sorry that we couldn't get it working again for you.