AcidBurn

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Feel Like Resigning

quitr.jpg

quit2frl.jpg

Well my Crewe career has been al plain sailing successive promotions followed by a 3rd place finish on our EPL debut. Now everything has turned to complete crap, teams score against us at will, in our game against West Ham we had 8 clear cut chances and scored once it's really starting to annoy me. I have tried a few different formations and tactical approaches but nothing seems to work in the league. Six losses, four draws and 3 wins in recent games is appalling I even considered quitting at one point as it is frustrating me so much. I have got better players in than we had last season but we will be closer to relegation than we will be to qualifying for Europe again.

The only plus side is that we managed to get through our group and book a match against Lyon in the knockout stages. Just a pity that Lyon are the team that I hate playing on FM because more often than not they defeat me. Really starting to think of moving on but will probably end up staying.

Staying to the end of the season may be good. Hopefully the latter half of the season will turn things around. Congrats on qualifying out of the group stages!

Staying to the end of the season may be good. Hopefully the latter half of the season will turn things around. Congrats on qualifying out of the group stages!

I will be staying until the end of the season at least. Just extremely disappointed to go from 3rd to bottom half. It's hard to decide what to do the easy thing would be to quit and go to a bigger club but maybe I should stay and try to win the champions league with Crewe.

How are your players morale? If its suffering a bit, I tend to arrange friendlies for my reserve team at home and get the first team players to play in these to help build morale. Fitness can sometimes be an issue but in the long run it tends to help.

The annoying thing is we will spank someone but seem unable to build on it and put a few wins together. I don't think I have ever fallen so far from one season to the next we could potentially finish 20-30 points worse off than last season.

Morale suffers but is easily built up a bit through the team meetings. I think a better GK and fullbacks would help and a natural right winger will also be a target for next season.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Feel Like Resigning

quitterepl.jpg

quitterfix.jpg

Thank god for that, the season is over and the end couldn't have come soon enough. I have been nothing but annoyed with this save for the past 6 or 7 months in game. The 5-4 match against Newcastle sums things up, we were 5-1 after less than 20 minutes, overall we had 7 clear cut chances yet they had 2 I really hate that stupid stat. Nothing much else to say really apart from how poor we were compared to the fantastic season we had last year.

quittercl.jpg

The Champions League was a welcome distraction as we got through our group in top place securing it on the last day with a convincing 2-0 win over Bayern. We drew Lyon a team I hate on FM in the next round and lost at their place 2-1 but thrashed them at our 4-1 to book a place against another English team Arsenal. We drew the first leg despite leading twice and couldn't even get the ball off them for the second leg annoyingly we beat them at their place in the league in a match sandwiched between the two Champions League matches. I did enjoy our stint in Europe but there will be no European football next season.

Domestic Cups

The FA Cup was over pretty early we breezed past QPR 2-0 at home in one of our better performances but then we lost 3-2 in the next round to 16th place Championship side Southampton to signal more disappointment. The League Cup was slightly better, we beat Wolves 2-0 away to secure a match against QPR who we beat in extra time 3-1 then we lost on penalties to Birmingham in a match where we played as poor as our league position looks.

Damn them. You needed that extra Million too.

Haha, I asked them to pay me £875,000 a week but they wouldn't. I will make a decision tonight but if I accept I will keep a Crewe save so I can go back to it at some point in the future,

legendvv.jpg

I am quite sad to leave Crewe but I couldn't resist the progress Real Madrid have to offer for my challenge. I am surprised to see that despite leaving I have remained a legend at Crewe and I hope to one day return, I think it would be a nice way to end my career if I eventually finish this challenge.

real-madrid-300x300.png

Neils Buijs

One of the biggest problems here is that Casillas is 38 years old an dstill the top dog in goal, so I went out and bought the best GK I could find who isn't brilliant but will replace the legend during the season and take over full time from next season. Cost £30 million of the £300 million budget.

Willy Menard

I missed out on this lad when I managed Crewe, I had a £10 million bid accepted but he decided to sign for Sporting Lisbon in stead for half the wage. I saw that a few clubs had bid £20 million for him mainly my rivals At. Madrid so I matched the bid and signed the versatile player for £20 million.

Mario Gotze

The marquee signing of my reign, I have never managed the lad before so splashed out £55 million to sign him from Dortmund I just hope he can pay the fee back with plenty of assists and a few goals here and there.

Kurt Zouma

Never heard of him in real life but I decided that I needed a young-ish CB to play in the heart of my defence. So it took a lot of negotiating but I got him for £43 million he is a physical beast as you can see and should be a rock at the back.

Leopoldo Amat

Not the most exciting signing but a good solid young Spanish player to play in midfield. Cost £12.25 million from Malaga so not an expensive purchase either.

Juan Chumpitaz

The club was fielding a 31 year old Marcelo at LB so I wanted someone a lot young and decided to pay the release clause of £23 million to buy the LB from Betis, looks like a decent player with a bit of room for improvement.

Aston Quiggin

I dreamed of having this lad at Crewe but price, rivalry and reputation stopped any chance I had so I decided to bring him to Madrid to replace ageing stars Benzema and Higuain up front. Cost £34 million but has everything you could want in a striker especially that 20 for finishing.

Elmo

£17.5 million was the release clause and I am sure acidmonkey will appreciate the name of this quality CB, hoping him and Zouma can form a solid partnership at the back.

So now I only have £293 million left to spend because most of my purchases where made before the budgets were given for the new season, I am actually quite surprised at the lack of expensive player we can attract no Neymar, no Ganso and no players valued at more than £30 million even Jack Wilshere refused to discuss a move to Real Madrid with us. I expect my stay to be over as soon as I win the Champions League even if it is in the first season.

MLS is always fun :)

I enjoyed my time there on my last save, I will have to go there or Mexico at some point to try and win the North American Champions League, I do like Mexico but MLS has less foreign player rules.

MLS may have less foreign player rules, but we have crazy contract rules, international spots, DP contracts, Senior, Senior Entry, Generation Adidas, Academy Apprentice, etc.. :) But all that makes it fun!

real-madrid-300x300.png

madridliga.jpg

madridfix.jpg

It's all a bit easy so far but I guess being able to spend £300 million should make things pretty easy domestically. Quiggin has gone from Stoke City to performing at the highest level for Real Madrid within a few weeks. Di Maria despite being 31 has been great in recent weeks and Gotze is just pure brilliance, I have never managed him before but I can see why people love him so much. Overall the team is flying but there are still some tough away matches to come but we should surely have enough to see off the competition and win the league if we keep playing this well. We outplayed Barcelona and they had something like 4 shots all game but managed to pull it back to 1-1 until Quiggin struck late on to give us the win and ensure that my first El Classico was a win.

Champions League

madridcl.jpg

Going well in the Champions League although Bayern Munich are the only team to beat us this season and they totally outplayed us. We will face AC Milan in the first knockout round in February, a reasonably tough draw as they have some real quality mainly Pastore but I am hoping we have too much for them.

Another Window Another Load of Cash Spent

Lee Campbell

Okay so he isn't anywhere near Real Madrid quality but last time I managed Madrid I signed a player called Wisner who I had managed at several clubs. I like to bring in players I like in the game and see what they can do so despite not having the best attributes and playing awful for Crewe in his one match so far I decided to spend £10 million on Lee Campball as back up to Quiggin.

Iker Muniain

Not really reached his potential but I needed another option in attack because Rossi, Quiggin, Di Maria and Gotze between them were always playing as part of an attacking three so Muniain is now an extra option for the games against smaller sides. £20 million bit steep for a back up but who cares we have 100's of millions.

Andrea Bertolacci

Modric was playing a whole load of games and at 34 that's a bit much, so I decided to buy Bertolacci even at a cost of £60 million I really wanted to sign him so just gave up and paid the huge asking price.

Players Out and Missed targets

Fans a bit upset that I decided to sell Higuain for £10 million to Sao Paulo but at 32 I felt he had little to offer and was starting losing his physical attributes those were the reasons I also sold on Benzema for £10 million to Inter as well as clearing a decent chunk of wages off the wage bill.

I tried to sign Jack Wilshere and Neymar but they were both not willing to discuss a move and neither was Aaron Ramsey. I went in for Ganso but he is 30 years old and would have cost £83 million.

Crewe are currently in 18th place in the EPL and it looks as though they could very well go down if they do not book up their play, it would be a shame given the new stadium I just hope they don't go into a financial meltdown but if they do I hope to save them sometime in the distant future.

MLS may have less foreign player rules, but we have crazy contract rules, international spots, DP contracts, Senior, Senior Entry, Generation Adidas, Academy Apprentice, etc.. :) But all that makes it fun!

Whatever works for you ;)

They are all pretty easy to understand after a couple of months of playing but it does put people off, I think I prefer the Mexican leagues slightly.

real-madrid-300x300.png

leavinglaliga.jpg

leavingres.jpg

Breezed through the league as expected really, only losses against Sevilla once we had already won the league and surprisingly against Real Sociedad 3-0 making them the team to hand us our first league defeat of the season. Gotze, Quiggin and Rossi ripped teams apart as an attacking three with Quiggin scoring 51 goals throughout the season. The double over Barcelona was the most pleasing thing about our league form especially as the trip to the Nou Camp was after Sociedad thrashed us 3-0.

leavingsc.jpg

We also added the Spanish cup to our collection with a reasonably easy draw wins over Malaga and Leganes were even easier than they looked and then we knocked out our rivals in the quarter finals despite losing at their place we were in control for most of the match. Sociedad came next once again we lost the away leg but had built a big enough lead from the first leg to see us through. The final against Racing was pretty hard and they bossed the first half but never had any real chances. The second half we took control back and Quiggin popped up with a good finish to win us the trophy.

The One That Really Matters

leavingcl.jpg

As you saw earlier the group stage was easy and we dispatched of AC Milan with ease beating them 3-0 at their place and 1-0 at ours to book a tie against Zenit in the following round. Once again similar to the Spanish Cup we lost the away leg but had built a decent enough lead in the first leg to go through without any real worries. Next we faced another Spanish side Valencia who had thrashed Barcelona 7-2 in the first leg and lost 3-0 in the second leg in the previous round. The most important match of the season was next against Chelsea, we totally dominated them but could only take a 1-0 lead at half time. The second half started and they scored straight away a player called Schouten who I had thought about signing from Man City but didn't I started to get worried that they would fluke the win but the main man Aston Quiggin once again scored to seal the win for us, which should have been more comfortable.

Where to now?

A couple of days after this unbelievably easy season I felt that I deserved a bigger wage than £29,500 a week, so I asked for another contract and the board offered me one a paltry £41,000 a week I told them I wanted £1,000,000 a week but they would only offer £50,000, I dropped my asking price to a reasonable £500,000 a week their counter offer £54,000. I went as low as £250,000 a week but they wouldn't offer me any more so I told them to stick it and resigned.

So now I am unemployed and looking for work to try and win the third continental trophy. So I am waiting for an interesting job to come up in Africa, Asia, South America or North America.

Job Opportunities

Internacional - Haven't got a great squad but they have got a 30 year old Leandro Damiao who is a complete beast of a player, bad points are the huge amount of games in Brazil and I am not sure if they are one of the teams that starts with a big TV money deal or not.

Independiente - Top of the Argentinian closing stage so will probably be in the Copa Libertadores next season. Looks like they have a very good and reasonably young side plenty of player that could be sold for a profit and plenty worth keeping around.

Kaizer Chiefs - They haven't won the league since 2012 and are way behind Orlando Pirates squad wise, would probably be the biggest challenge of the these three teams.

I know £250,000 a week is more than reasonable for a man of my skill.

I got paid a virtual $16 million a year when I was Real Madrid manager in FM11. :cool:

Maybe go to South Africa first before going to South America?

It's out of Kaizer Chiefs and Independiente, Internacional are already in the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores but I want to win it from start to finish not sneak in with 3 games left and win it. I really like the look of Independientes squad so am leaning towards them.

vector-kaizer-chiefs-logo.png

kaizerleagues.jpg

I finally decided to venture to Africa and accepted the Kaizer Chiefs job, as you can see they won the league a while a go but since then have not had a huge amount of success. I took this job because surprisingly they are the most financially strong side out of the three I mentioned earlier. They have constantly sold players over the years and made a decent profit most season seeing them have a bank balance of nearly £16 million. They offered me a transfer budget of £6 million and a wage budget of £50,000 a week. The team needs a bit of work but has some decent players. The only downside is that to qualify for the African Champion League I have to win the league, if I cannot achieve that sooner rather than later I may look for a move to another African country but for now I will try to build up the Kaizer Chiefs and win the league.

South Africa can be fun, just the Champion League is tough there once you begin playing clubs in Egypt.

When doing this challenge I usually manage an Egyptian club, could still end up at one yet.

Archived