AcidBurn

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Goals Galore to Claim the Title

creweleagueapril.jpg

creweleaguefinal.jpg

Well Dave Nugent went a bit mad at the end of the season to make sure we went up as champions. Some impressive wins and like I said earlier although promotion was all that really mattered being Champions is great. We scored bucket loads but also conceded far too many not sure this type of all out attack will work in the Championship but it will be fun to find out.

Best 11

best11p.jpg

Nugent was easily the best signing and stepped up big time to replace Dicko during his injuries, despite not playing loads of game Dicko still scored loads. Lee Campbell the 6 foot 8 beast of a striker ended up playing on the left wing a lot over the season and breaking into double figures was pretty good for someone still so young. Elliot Whitehouse also got into double figures for the season from CM scoring some important goals. Suso Santana was not quite as good as last season but still put in some pleasing performances. Despite all the goals we let in the defence was pretty good ratings wise.

Staying At Crewe.........For Now

swansearejection.jpg

sportingreject.jpg

I have turned down two job offers so far this summer, the Swansea one was tempting but their wage budget is too low for the amount they are currently paying players. Sporting just don't have the finances to persuade me to move from Crewe.

First Cup Win!

jptm.jpg

We also claimed victory in the JPT obviously the biggest English domestic cup competition. We were lucky with the draw getting a few home games and reasonably easy opposition. Dave Nugent stepped up in the final to seal an easy win with a nice hat trick.

Forest :(. Congrats dude.

Hope you enjoy the challenge at Forest.

Congrats on the JPT!

Cheers dude.

Great season with Crewe. Brilliant work :thup:.

I would have taken the Swansea job :p.

Thanks, I thought about the Swansea job and can honestly say if I was with any other club I would have left and took that offer.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Transfers and Friendlies

crewetransfersin.jpg

Nowhere near as much movement as last season in the transfer window. First up was Fiston Maguire on loan from West Ham he is a decent DMC but will be playing at DC for us still only 17 years old he has very good attributes and will be starting a lot of games. Thomas Picci was a free transfer and is a current Italian U-21 international, I expect him to play quite a few matches he has good mental attributes and is rated at 5 stars for potential I can see us making a decent profit from him in a couple of seasons. Paul Connolly another loanee from Leeds is a good solid player that can play at RB but is a natural LB. Leandro was another free transfer and will probably be our starting GK, I am finding it hard to find a good GK for a side like mine. Lee Cattermole I tried to sign a month before his contract expired but he wanted £22,000 a week once his contract ran out he was willing to sign for £6,500 a week a bit of a difference. Lastly Thiago Rockenbach is a decent enough half Brazilian half German player that can play MC, AMC, ML and AML also another free player.

We are currently £800,000 in debt and over the wage budget by £9,000 a week mainly due to all the promotion raises in peoples contracts. I am hoping we can push into the top half of the Championship and maybe the play-off's if Dicko and Nugent can play as well as last season then we will score plenty of goals again, I am looking forward to seeing if all out attack will see us battered or if we can outscore people to push as high as possible in the league.

crewefriendlies.jpg

Friendlies have gone pretty well not losing any scoring plenty and boosting the morale of the team whilst getting the lads fit for the new season.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

August Update

leagueleague.jpg

leagueaugustres.jpg

Can't believe the start we have had Dicko and Nugent rotating between AMR and ST have been on fire. We are letting in more than one goal a game which you can see but we are scoring a whole load more. Our only loss in the league was an annoying one we went 2-0 down at home but turned it around to get to 2-2 only to concede a third goal a few minutes after our equaliser. If everyone stay fit then we have a good chance of making a real impact this season unfortunately Picci got off to a great start at MC averaging 7.67 for 5 matches but is now injured for 3-4 months. The key men will obviously be the front two Nugent and Dicko both stay fit we will keep scoring.

The match against Scunthorpe was the first round of the league cup where we won convincingly but we were thrashed 3-1 away at Premier League side Blackburn in the next round to end our cup run early.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

September Update

xleague.jpg

xresults.jpg

So far we are still keeping pace at the top leading by a single point but holding a game in hand. At the moment it is a case of opening up a gap between us and the teams just below the play-off's then in a few months I can see where we are and know if we can challenge properly. Three home games and one away against a good Burnley side I thought three wins would be good and was hoping for a draw at Burnley but we went 3-0 down in the first half, we pulled on back after 68 minutes then they had a man sent off in the 72nd and we scored in the 74th but just couldn't get that third goal we needed. Dave Nugent is injured for 5-6 weeks which is a big blow but Lee Campbell has stepped up a bit and all it means is Dicko will be upfront with Suso Santana and Campbell on the wings.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

October Update All Falling Apart?

83944194.jpg

l21ze.jpg

Thanks to two losses we have only got a two point lead from Wigan as they defeated us to close the gap. The QPR game as important because it was our game in hand and we could not capitalise. We are not scoring as many goals as normal and knowing the way morale works on this game two defeats on the spin can be followed by another few if the team don't win soon, next up is another away match this time against Derby, really need to get a win because three defeats in a row is poor.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Still Going Strong - Sort Of

jandecjnv.jpg

decjan.jpg

We have dropped to 2nd now one point behind leaders Wigan. It seems to be easier to score goals away from home at the moment, I mean home losses against Reading, Huddersfield and Cardiff is not the form of potential champions. Not sure what the hell happened in the Huddersfield game as I had it down as a reasonably easy win. 5-2 at Leicester, 4-0 at Oldham and 5-3 at Blackpool however shows we can play well away from home. Dicko continues to score but keeps picking up little injuries here and there with Nugent only scoring one hattrick since the last update. I think the league will be a four way shoot out between the top four clubs at the moment, should be an interesting season and we can get promoted as long as we start to beat teams like Reading and Huddersfield at home.

If you think its close now you will love the next update. Ever get ahead of yourself and start thinking of targets to sign for epl football even though you are not there yet? The dream is very much alive and I have never had three promotions in a row on any fm.

I've never even had 2 in a row, so even being close to three would still be excellent.

I usually get stuck in the Championship for a while but manage to get promoted from League One and League Two on most saves.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

One Game From Glory

1gametogo.jpg

nownow.jpg

So with one game to go the top is very close three points between the top four. Our form has been decent-ish but if we have done slightly better than we would already be promoted. Chelsea knocked us out of the FA Cup and around that time we didn't win for five matches the loss against fellow promotion chasers Cardiff was a disappointment because it was such an important game. Dicko has been on fire as you can see and has scored for the last seven matches in a row. So here it is the last day of the season sees the following matches.

Reading Vs Crewe

Wigan Vs Burnley

Cardiff Vs Brighton

Derby Vs QPR

There are lots of combinations of ifs and buts although the main thing to know is that if we win we are up simple as that. Reading beat us at our own ground so can we get revenge or is it another season in the Championship? Either way what a season.

Wow!! That truly is squeaky bum time :D

Best of luck - hope you come out of it with the title or at least automatic promotion :thup:

Wow that really is tight. Good luck :thup:

Cheers I hope so to. Got to play the game after the Champions League Final and post the results up later tonight to build up the tension a bit more.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Premier League Here We Come

18905716.jpg

47392891.jpg

All the results went our way Wigan made sure they won by completely demolishing Burnley 9-0, the other two clubs couldn't capitalise on our 3-3 draw meaning we all ended on the same points and our goals took us through. Lee Campbell really stepped up and he will become a youth product that has played for us at all four levels of English football and he is still only 18 years old. Not sure what will happen with budgets but for us to stay up we will need some serious investment at the moment we are spending £68,000 a week on wages obviously we will need four or five times that to comfortably avoid relegation, it will be a big summer for us as I try to strengthen the team all over the pitch. Will post up a season review tomorrow, with best 11 and stuff, now off to find some EPL quality players willing to sign for us.

stadiumy.jpg

The board have announced a ground expansion not sure how helpful this will be.

budgets.jpg

Initial budgets are pretty good but I will have to convert some of the transfer money into wages because £125,000 is not enough to survive in the EPL. The question is do I take a risk and use some monthly payments to try and keep the club in the EPL comfortably or do I be extremely careful in who I sign and how much for?

budgets.jpg

Not sure I could leave Crewe even for Real Madrid, I am going to have to have at least a season or two in the EPL after these successive promotions.

65533p.jpg?rnd=808

Show Me The Money

contracts.jpg

contract2.jpg

Went to the board and told them I deserved a new contract for what I have achieved and they agreed. I signed a three year contract on £24,000 a week compared to my previous contract of £1,500 a week, well deserved I think.

So, you're staying then? While I always like to see managers have a go at a higher level, in your case I wouldn't have blamed you for leaving. Good budget to help build a survival-capable side.

Epic final day!! And the top four all tied on the same points :eek: Did Fulham sneak up via the play-offs? ;)

Best of luck in the Premier League. It will be tough with that wage budget but I'm sure you'll manage :)

So, you're staying then? While I always like to see managers have a go at a higher level, in your case I wouldn't have blamed you for leaving. Good budget to help build a survival-capable side.

If I didn't get promoted I would have left, my aim as people know is to win the Champions League on each continent I would love to win the second one with Crewe but that could take a few seasons yet. The budget is very good for rebuilding the squad.

Epic final day!! And the top four all tied on the same points :eek: Did Fulham sneak up via the play-offs? ;)

Best of luck in the Premier League. It will be tough with that wage budget but I'm sure you'll manage :)

Thanks, Fulham did get promoted via the play-off's. I moved a few things round and got £260,000 wage budget that should be a good enough wage budget to keep us up or at least I hope it is.

Archived