Messi-Like Regens?

too many times tbh...

regens are too overpowered i think... way too easy to find a whole team of world beaters after around 5 years ... and all for compensation deals ..

its why i always lose interest in saves after a while

I argee completely with this! Some regens are studiptly good, in fm13 I'd like to see them toned down. IRL you may get out or two stand out players per generation, but with regens they come every year and in great numbers.

I argee completely with this! Some regens are studiptly good, in fm13 I'd like to see them toned down. IRL you may get out or two stand out players per generation, but with regens they come every year and in great numbers.

if you use FMRTE or genie scout i can understand this. But when you don't use those tools, thats when the action starts.... so stop using the tools and use ingame scouts !?

i dont use those tools.... ingame scouts are superbly powerful.. can find and filter through masses of potentials very quickly...

also... just searching the under 19's national squads of certain countries each season yields ridiculous talents

too many times tbh...

regens are too overpowered i think... way too easy to find a whole team of world beaters after around 5 years ... and all for compensation deals ..

I agree. Is there any way not many regens appear with great potential?

too many times tbh...

In all fairness IRL there are ALOT of world class players currently playing, probably 5/6 teams with 11 world class players and then another 15 with atleast 2/3 amazing talents/prospects

if you use FMRTE or genie scout i can understand this. But when you don't use those tools, thats when the action starts.... so stop using the tools and use ingame scouts !?

I for one don't use them tools! I have scouts placed all over and filters that make it easy to locate world beaters! So before you start pointing the finger, get your facts in order. Drip.

In all fairness IRL there are ALOT of world class players currently playing, probably 5/6 teams with 11 world class players and then another 15 with atleast 2/3 amazing talents/prospects

well that would depend on what you call world class...

world beaters for me are messi, ronaldo and xavi... no-one really can compare with them in the game right now .. and they will stand the test of time with the greats in the future.

there are plenty of top players.. of which i believe you are talking about ... players like iniesta, vidic, sneijder, casillas and even bale and modric tbh.. the list is endless...

but they still arent the class of messi..

and the point is... after 2 seasons my scouts find at least 2 potentials that will almost certainly get to world beater level... and after 5 seasons ive got a team full of messi-esque players for even teams like southampton/leeds

Here is the thing I think people are missing here, yes there may be 20 players a season who your scouts say are going to be world beaters, but you can never tell. I bought in 5 players who were all said to be able to achieve 4*(for some reason my scouts refuse to ever givve above this) And 4 out of those 5 got to 3* and stopped progressing. Only one made it to what the scouts said he could. They may say that there is lots going be be great, but they wont all get there.

well that would depend on what you call world class...

world beaters for me are messi, ronaldo and xavi... no-one really can compare with them in the game right now .. and they will stand the test of time with the greats in the future.

there are plenty of top players.. of which i believe you are talking about ... players like iniesta, vidic, sneijder, casillas and even bale and modric tbh.. the list is endless...

but they still arent the class of messi..

and the point is... after 2 seasons my scouts find at least 2 potentials that will almost certainly get to world beater level... and after 5 seasons ive got a team full of messi-esque players for even teams like southampton/leeds

100% agree with that, messi, ronaldo and xavi are players that rarely come along but in FM they are very usual! If anything, its easier to find regens that are more messi than heskey!

Here is the thing I think people are missing here, yes there may be 20 players a season who your scouts say are going to be world beaters, but you can never tell. I bought in 5 players who were all said to be able to achieve 4*(for some reason my scouts refuse to ever givve above this) And 4 out of those 5 got to 3* and stopped progressing. Only one made it to what the scouts said he could. They may say that there is lots going be be great, but they wont all get there.

not missing it .... like i said... after 5 seasons you can easily have a team full of 19 year old messi-esque players ... developed and ready to go

too many times tbh...

why not just restrict yourself with simple house rules like not buying players younger than 20 or not buying youngsters from first division clubs or any other number of easy restriction to keep it challenging ?

There are hundreds of players in real life with the potential to be a world beater but many don't due to injuries, attitude problems, ect.

The problem imo is that the AI isn't aggressive enough in buying the top regens so as a human player it is very easy to collect them and mould them into a perfect player :)

Archived