Swansea Treble First Season(Sumthins 4-2-3-1).

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Akask777, If you go down to 10 men for what reason (Player sent off, injured player and used all subs, etc)....what action would you take with regards to the formation shape? Cheers in advance...

So far with AC Milan i've played: Sampdoria (Home) 5-0 win, Inter (Away) 0-2 win, Torino 4-1 win (Home) so far so good!!!

Big test Man City (Away) in Champions League Semi next...Fingers crossed

Akask777, If you go down to 10 men for what reason (Player sent off, injured player and used all subs, etc)....what action would you take with regards to the formation shape? Cheers in advance...

So far with AC Milan i've played: Sampdoria (Home) 5-0 win, Inter (Away) 0-2 win, Torino 4-1 win (Home) so far so good!!!

Big test Man City (Away) in Champions League Semi next...Fingers crossed

I usually take a dm off and play with one dm.(Chances for me are more)

OR,I take off the am,turn off use playmaker and play 2 dm.(I use this less but effective non the less).

I usually take a dm off and play with one dm.(Chances for me are more)

OR,I take off the am,turn off use playmaker and play 2 dm.(I use this less but effective non the less).

I took off a DM and left the 4 attacking players, generally once you lose a man the opposition will come at you a bit more leaving them open. You're probably more likely to concede but your chances of scoring are the same. And as the defence in this is good anyway it pays off most the time.

exactly what i mean.

just did it again.lol.

thanks collzy for explaining.I said all that as some players have very weak teams who have only one dm who can't take the pressure or something.

I always recommend using the take dm off one though.

exactly what i mean.

just did it again.lol.

thanks collzy for explaining.I said all that as some players have very weak teams who have only one dm who can't take the pressure or something.

I always recommend using the take dm off one though.

No problem ;) Will try finish my season off when I get home from work and will post some screen shots up. First few games look very very promising though, and I started using it at halfway.

can anyone please try this tactic on a minimum pitch or a standard pitch?

I have an intuition it might be better in those pitch sizes and I have uni midterms so can't play too much,can anyone please try and report?I would recommend saving before the choosing part and also choosing maximum in another save.

And then we could compare the two results?

Would it be a good idea to use this tactic with FC Bayern? Considering most of their best players are more attacking CMs than defending ones (Even tho they can be used as DMs- Schweini for example) Seems like using two DMs with Bayern is bit overkill in that department, or what you think?

I've been getting some very good results with this Akash :thup: My Gangneung City are leading the K-League, and my Nigeria team is ripping everything it touches to pieces (apart from a very credible draw away to Italy)

Season is almost finished so I will post some screen shots later tonight if I can, but good work Akash, it plays some good football, lethal on the break, and reasonably solid despite my defenders being very very poor.

Would it be a good idea to use this tactic with FC Bayern? Considering most of their best players are more attacking CMs than defending ones (Even tho they can be used as DMs- Schweini for example) Seems like using two DMs with Bayern is bit overkill in that department, or what you think?

yes it would,play gustavo as one dm and schweinie as the other.Anyone who has above 12,for tackling and work rate and stamina should do fine.They did in my swansea save,lol.

Any suggestions for players for specific items?

The DM is my favourite Mario Bolatti,

A Left Winger and Striker Stevan Jovetic best is with Fiorentina.

Yes Dm can be anyone,look above!

as the dm is more of a box to box midfielder,lol.

What should i do against the teams who use exactly the same formation? So far i haven't had any trouble defeating anyone (including Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Porto) but i can't defeat Dinamo Kyiv who uses same formation, my guys usually get like 8-10 shots on target but 1-2 of them go in. At the same time Kyiv has 2-3 shots on target and all of them go in :s. Usually my defense works wonders but not this time, the after game rating of my defenders ranged from 5.70 to 6.60 :/. I'll reload few times and try adjusting it a little and see what happens.

Heres a screenshot from 2 different games with both exactly the same tactic and exactly the same setup of players. First one was my 4-1 victory over Chelsea and second one was my pathetic 0-0 with Dinamo Kyiv.

screeniex.jpgˇ

Edit:

So i managed to finally overcome the problem after 5-6 tries, i drawed or lost every one of them either 1-1,0-0, 2-1 or 3-2. Then finally I moved one of the DMs to CM position and the AMC to the CM position aswell so my formation ended up being 4-1-2-2-1. I also changed the settings of the AMC that i moved to MC to look the same as the ones of the DM that was moved to MC position so they both had same settings (The remaining DM had also the same settings i believe). I didn't change anything else. Here's a picture:

pic1vgt.jpg

And here is the result:

pic2iz.jpg

Sorry about posting my moaning here but perhaps it will give some ideas to other people who might face the horrible Dynamo Kyiv or any other team playing the same formation. It should also be noted that i'm a complete beginner and had no idea what i was doing :/ But i'm happy that whatever i did worked. Not saying it will work for other people but it's worth a try i guess. Only downside is that once i changed back to the original tactic the team's familiarity with the formation had fallen back to "awkward", the rest of the familiarities remained same though.

Edit2: It seems that the problem isn't simply the opponent using same formation, but i guess it more complicated and playing on away field is also part of it. The very next game after this was a league game against Gladbach on my home field who uses same formation as Kyiv and this tactic does. By the half time i was leading 6-0 while using the original tactic without changing the DM or AMC position. Second half was more calm and final score was 9-0. And then my game decided to get bugged and wouldn't let me save so i had to restart the computer and re-play the game, this time i won 3-1. Gladbach is not any weaker than Kyiv is, on the contrary, so i don't really know what to think of this situation.

What should i do against the teams who use exactly the same formation? So far i haven't had any trouble defeating anyone (including Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Porto) but i can't defeat Dinamo Kyiv who uses same formation, my guys usually get like 8-10 shots on target but 1-2 of them go in. At the same time Kyiv has 2-3 shots on target and all of them go in :s. Usually my defense works wonders but not this time, the after game rating of my defenders ranged from 5.70 to 6.60 :/. I'll reload few times and try adjusting it a little and see what happens.

Heres a screenshot from 2 different games with both exactly the same tactic and exactly the same setup of players. First one was my 4-1 victory over Chelsea and second one was my pathetic 0-0 with Dinamo Kyiv.

screeniex.jpgˇ

Edit:

So i managed to finally overcome the problem after 5-6 tries, i drawed or lost every one of them either 1-1,0-0, 2-1 or 3-2. Then finally I moved one of the DMs to CM position and the AMC to the CM position aswell so my formation ended up being 4-1-2-2-1. I also changed the settings of the AMC that i moved to MC to look the same as the ones of the DM that was moved to MC position so they both had same settings (The remaining DM had also the same settings i believe). I didn't change anything else. Here's a picture:

pic1vgt.jpg

And here is the result:

pic2iz.jpg

Sorry about posting my moaning here but perhaps it will give some ideas to other people who might face the horrible Dynamo Kyiv or any other team playing the same formation. It should also be noted that i'm a complete beginner and had no idea what i was doing :/ But i'm happy that whatever i did worked. Not saying it will work for other people but it's worth a try i guess. Only downside is that once i changed back to the original tactic the team's familiarity with the formation had fallen back to "awkward", the rest of the familiarities remained same though.

Edit2: It seems that the problem isn't simply the opponent using same formation, but i guess it more complicated and playing on away field is also part of it. The very next game after this was a league game against Gladbach on my home field who uses same formation as Kyiv and this tactic does. By the half time i was leading 6-0 while using the original tactic without changing the DM or AMC position. Second half was more calm and final score was 9-0. And then my game decided to get bugged and wouldn't let me save so i had to restart the computer and re-play the game, this time i won 3-1. Gladbach is not any weaker than Kyiv is, on the contrary, so i don't really know what to think of this situation.

I actually find teams playing the 4231 but with 2 mc's easy to beat.lol.Like beating Real is very easy with the tactic.

Anyways,its not their formation.Its the away game thing.

So heres what I do in away games,I look at where the problem is,is it chance creation or is it the midfield.If i feel my dm's are attacking too much and leaving us vulnerable at the back and also resulting in team not being able to retain possession

i drop their mentality down by 1-2 notches on the dms

Also a recent tweak I have done is the AMC tweak,it aims to get finer performances from the amc,

heres what I am using now

.Amc-mentality and creative freedom=full,and his passing to the highest level of short-right before it turns mixed.

Getting great results for me with amc getting 3 Moms in 4 games.lol.He seems to find more space and also get into more better goal scoring positions.Try that.

AND I will most definitely give your tweak a roll tomorrow,after I'm done with my mid,cheers.Or maybe you could try it for a few games yourself,lol.with a weaker team.Load both tactics up,this one with the new tweaks and yours and try them on the lower team and see which gets better results?

Excellent tactic for me so far mate. Been trying this out in the BSP with Ebbsfleet. Predicted around mid table and the results have been really promising so far.

ebbsfleetunitedfixtures.png

ebbsfleettransfershisto.png

I just released a few youth players who were in the first team. Signed a few more players in the window, not too many. The team talk guide really does work. Ive been using it religiously since Ive started using the tactic. Brilliant tactic mate, just go's to show that it works for smaller teams if you have the right players :)

5 UCL

2 super cups

6 leagues

5 league cups

6 cups

4 club world cups

that´s my achievement with this tactic in 6 seasons

which team are you?could you please put some screenshots up?i would be very grateful if you did.cheers.

MAte please upload some screenshots,as even I haven't played that long in the game with the tactic.I have hardly played 6 seasons in the whole of fm 12 so far.lol.

I know its only the start of the season but very encouraging start. My starting side is Gk:Andersen (brought from Reading 800k) RB:Ross (free transfer) CB:Sonko CB:Addo (free transfer) LB:Cresswell DMCs:Hyam & Leadbitter AMR:Emmauel-Thomas AMC:Stevenson AML:Martin SC:Scotland (was Chopra but he's injured for 3-4 months)

fixturese.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Excellent tactic for me so far mate. Been trying this out in the BSP with Ebbsfleet. Predicted around mid table and the results have been really promising so far.

ebbsfleetunitedfixtures.png

ebbsfleettransfershisto.png

I just released a few youth players who were in the first team. Signed a few more players in the window, not too many. The team talk guide really does work. Ive been using it religiously since Ive started using the tactic. Brilliant tactic mate, just go's to show that it works for smaller teams if you have the right players :)

mate good job,did you try the new amc and dm tweak?atleast try the amc tweak and report feedback.And let me know how you go and if you encounter any problems.Great job!

akash777, the best vercion is 4-2-3-1 v3?

yes all are the same tactic,with different defensive corner settings.

Use any,but use these defensive corner settings:

2 mark tall

4 mark man(if all 4 good in air,if some are poor,use mark small)

2 on near and far post

2 on forward for counter.

And also,use the new amc and dm tweaks.Amc tweak makes am get better ratings and dm tweaks makes them stay back a bit more and helps cover against counters.

I know its only the start of the season but very encouraging start. My starting side is Gk:Andersen (brought from Reading 800k) RB:Ross (free transfer) CB:Sonko CB:Addo (free transfer) LB:Cresswell DMCs:Hyam & Leadbitter AMR:Emmauel-Thomas AMC:Stevenson AML:Martin SC:Scotland (was Chopra but he's injured for 3-4 months)

fixturese.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good going mate!

Try the new amc tweak,it gets your amc better ratings and more goals and assists.

Also if your struggling to control midfield against a stronger team or suffering from counters try the new dm tweaks.Cheers.I usually use the dm tweaks when the original is not performing well.Cheers.

Hi akash777,

After an overachieving first season as OM using a 41221 (won the champions league, was astonished ^^), i wanted a change, and looking at your amazing first post i got tempted to test your tactic. I had a huge budget (52 M) and brought Hulk and Rami in. I recruited Willian in january first season. the first team is: rb: azpi / dc:rami / dc: Mbia / lb:m'bengue / DM: Diarra, cheyrou, fernando / aml: willian / amc valbuena / amr hulk / st remy.

Anyway, I am in november now, the team is crushing the league (4-0 OM vs OL/ 5-1 OM vs LOSC/ 5-0 OM vs PSG), crushing europe (6-0 OM vs napoli), crushing anything really. Most games end up with 4+ goals for us and a very few in. Thought i should post it to thank you for your time and that opening post!

Now for the "not so nice" part :p, we a are scoring way too many goals from corners. And i think this weight a lot on the results, as sometimes the team isn't playing so well but thanks to a corner we get ahead and players get confident and play better. I havent changed the routine yet but will look at it after this season if the numbers get crazy ( atm around 20 games 14 goals from corners ).

Again a big thank for designing this tactic, and anyone struggling and looking for a 4231 deep definitly test this one, with appropriate team talks (OP is amazing again :p) it's rolling over even the best teams.

Hi akash777,

After an overachieving first season as OM using a 41221 (won the champions league, was astonished ^^), i wanted a change, and looking at your amazing first post i got tempted to test your tactic. I had a huge budget (52 M) and brought Hulk and Rami in. I recruited Willian in january first season. the first team is: rb: azpi / dc:rami / dc: Mbia / lb:m'bengue / DM: Diarra, cheyrou, fernando / aml: willian / amc valbuena / amr hulk / st remy.

Anyway, I am in november now, the team is crushing the league (4-0 OM vs OL/ 5-1 OM vs LOSC/ 5-0 OM vs PSG), crushing europe (6-0 OM vs napoli), crushing anything really. Most games end up with 4+ goals for us and a very few in. Thought i should post it to thank you for your time and that opening post!

Now for the "not so nice" part :p, we a are scoring way too many goals from corners. And i think this weight a lot on the results, as sometimes the team isn't playing so well but thanks to a corner we get ahead and players get confident and play better. I havent changed the routine yet but will look at it after this season if the numbers get crazy ( atm around 20 games 14 goals from corners ).

Again a big thank for designing this tactic, and anyone struggling and looking for a 4231 deep definitly test this one, with appropriate team talks (OP is amazing again :p) it's rolling over even the best teams.

hey mate,you will have around 22-28 goals from corners,thats what I have.I don't find it unrealistic as the opposition team whose second in the corner scored list is also around 18-23.And also that my conceded corners is in and around 10 ish.So I thought this was perfectly normal.lol.Anyways,thanks a lot for testing it out.Would love to see some screenshots.And did you try the new tweaks,makes the amc much more effective=More goals.And worst thing is right now,I don't even score like before from corners.Score majority from other sources,so I think its still good.lol.And please screenshots!

My Bayern save got corrupted so now i've started a game with Stoke and it is going well so far (Apart from being massacared 6-1 by Manchester United at Old Trafford, oh well :D). Will keep you updated.

Any updates mate?Do implement the amc and dm tweak in the games.

Put RB mentality up one click

what is?

In your tactic screen do the following:

1.click on player instructions.

2.click on the rb icon on the left.

3.look at his mentality,the first slider.And increase it by one click.

4.click on the DM's,click on and decrease their mentality by 1-2 clicks.

5.click on the AM,increase his mentality to full and creative freedom to full.And increase his passing till it is mixed,then decrease it by one click.

6.Hope i cleared your problems,contact me if question is not answered.

Any updates mate?Do implement the amc and dm tweak in the games.

I did do the amc tweak right in the beginning of the game, havent used the dm tweak because i havent had a reason to, i'm cutting through opponents like warm knife through butter. I'll post the update after the first season. I have steadily been in top 5 in the league, all top 7 teams or so have been very equal but after i won ManU i am now nr 1 in the league to my shock. I managed to get Welbeck on loan and in January Board gave me a lot of transfer money so i managed to buy him for real. He has scored 61 goals in 36 games. He has not been quite as good in the second half of the season as he was in the first but he is still awesome. I managed to get to Carling Cup final after barely defeating Man City in the semifinal and i won Chelsea in the first round of FA Cup so i'm still up for that aswell. In Europa League i got through Group Stage and will go against Sevilla now in the knowckout round (Yikes!).

I did do the amc tweak right in the beginning of the game, havent used the dm tweak because i havent had a reason to, i'm cutting through opponents like warm knife through butter. I'll post the update after the first season. I have steadily been in top 5 in the league, all top 7 teams or so have been very equal but after i won ManU i am now nr 1 in the league to my shock. I managed to get Welbeck on loan and in January Board gave me a lot of transfer money so i managed to buy him for real. He has scored 61 goals in 36 games. He has not been quite as good in the second half of the season as he was in the first but he is still awesome. I managed to get to Carling Cup final after barely defeating Man City in the semifinal and i won Chelsea in the first round of FA Cup so i'm still up for that aswell. In Europa League i got through Group Stage and will go against Sevilla now in the knowckout round (Yikes!).

good going!

I am trying some new tweaks,i will report them when they are tested more,some screens would be nice though!

im dortmund and just beat werder bremen 10-2, mental tactic! best tactic ive used

Good my friend,some screens would be fine!did you play more games?did you do the tweaks?

Does the striker get many goals with this tactic?

Just a quick update of the league table to which i added a fun little news that just popped up about my striker and as you can see he has scored quite a few goals this season and since there is 13 more league games to be played then unless he gets injured he'll break that record pretty hard:

2012042400004.jpg

(Right click and copy url or "open in a new tab" to see the bigger picture, idk why it looks smaller in here)

Anyway, my latest Liverpool game was fun, i won it 4-1 in the end but there was so much drama that if this game had happened in real life there would be riots for weeks :D. Long story short: Liverpool got 3 red cards, 2 in the first and 1 in the second half. Also it was snowing like hell i could barely see the players on the field.

it´s working very well for my promoted celta de vigo squad. after being SECOND after barça in my first season in the spanish first division i´ve managed to win the league with an amazing 91 points in my second season. adebayor (on loan) scored 52 goals in 33 matches.

my team (but i rotate a lot)

LUNG JR

BRIVIO - TOLÓI (on loan) - BOTÍA - YANGA MBIWA/HUGO MALLO

XAVI TORRES - ADAM VASS

NICE REGEN/MARILUNGO - ROMAN BEZUS/MORAVEK - BUONANOTTE/JAY EMMANUEL THOMAS

ADEBAYOR/RONDÓN

Just a quick update of the league table to which i added a fun little news that just popped up about my striker and as you can see he has scored quite a few goals this season and since there is 13 more league games to be played then unless he gets injured he'll break that record pretty hard

Anyway, my latest Liverpool game was fun, i won it 4-1 in the end but there was so much drama that if this game had happened in real life there would be riots for weeks :D. Long story short: Liverpool got 3 red cards, 2 in the first and 1 in the second half. Also it was snowing like hell i could barely see the players on the field.

it´s working very well for my promoted celta de vigo squad. after being SECOND after barça in my first season in the spanish first division i´ve managed to win the league with an amazing 91 points in my second season. adebayor (on loan) scored 52 goals in 33 matches.

my team (but i rotate a lot)

LUNG JR

BRIVIO - TOLÓI (on loan) - BOTÍA - YANGA MBIWA/HUGO MALLO

XAVI TORRES - ADAM VASS

NICE REGEN/MARILUNGO - ROMAN BEZUS/MORAVEK - BUONANOTTE/JAY EMMANUEL THOMAS

ADEBAYOR/RONDÓN

akash777 hope your tweaks improve what is already a fantastic tactic, I'm currently top of the Prem with Wigan, only made two signings!

@ all 3:

hope your going well with your games.Any suggestions?About where you seem to concede from etc.?

There is a new tweaked version.I am sending it out to all those who are requesting it.Once a few people get back at me with screens and results and you know some analysis as to where they concede from and if they find any problems etc.

Then I wil upload it.

Would you be interested?

GOOD JOB all of you guys!Brilliant!It takes more than just a tactic to take a team to success!So you guys have done magnificently as well!

@sergiolagartija and hal 107:

More Screenshots please!

How do you post a screenshot?

do you know how to take a screenshot?

If yes then once done,come back here and click on 3rd icon from the right and select the screenshot file(image file) from where you saved it and then click upload and then post.Cheers.

Hi akash777 - I am testing minimum pitch size for you with a fresh Everton 11/12 season.

I tried short pitch as in wide n short with Granada and was seeming to get decent results.But couldn't test it extensively.Would love to see how you go with it.Let me know details about your progress including screenshots etc.

@ all 3:

hope your going well with your games.Any suggestions?About where you seem to concede from etc.?

There is a new tweaked version.I am sending it out to all those who are requesting it.Once a few people get back at me with screens and results and you know some analysis as to where they concede from and if they find any problems etc.

Then I wil upload it.

Would you be interested?

GOOD JOB all of you guys!Brilliant!It takes more than just a tactic to take a team to success!So you guys have done magnificently as well!

@sergiolagartija and hal 107:

More Screenshots please!

do you know how to take a screenshot?

If yes then once done,come back here and click on 3rd icon from the right and select the screenshot file(image file) from where you saved it and then click upload and then post.Cheers.

I tried short pitch as in wide n short with Granada and was seeming to get decent results.But couldn't test it extensively.Would love to see how you go with it.Let me know details about your progress including screenshots etc.

I concede most of my goals in the 6 yard box usually after runs down the wing, ball played in, striker fires it in or gets time to take a touch, turn and shoot. I've also had too many Centre backs sent off.

This is how I've used my average squad (which has now won the Premiership with one game to spare):

WiganAthleticSquad_Players-2.png

Hi akash777 - Testing minimum pitch with Everton. I'm really impressed with your system. I intentionally did not sign or sell any players, and I let my ass man handle everything except pep talks. So far played 9 EPL matches undefeated. Currently in 1st place with 7 wins, 2 draws. highlight was beating Man Utd away 4-1. Another highlight was beating Stoke 4-0 in the League Cup 3rd round. In terms of goals, 22 for with only 4 against.

This is on minimum pitch size. Of course determining whether minimum pitch size is better than standard or maximum pitch size would require extensive comparative testing eliminating as many variables as possible. Honestly, I'm not sure sure I'm the right person for that job. But I can say your tactic is very effective on minimum pitch.

I'll keep playing through the season and keep you posted on results. Thanks!

Tryed this setup on a new Tottenham save and i m very impressed. Won all, but carling cup (lost in finals) .

I would recomend Paloschi for the striker role, he scored 39 goals in his first season in league alone. for a few mil. bucks this guy

is the ultimate poacher. I just played two league games and he scored 5 in first and 7 in second game. Never seen a player do that in any of

FM games. Not counting friendlies of course. In his second season he is curently on 26 goals from 14 league apperances. Almost 2 goals per game?!!

Good job to the maker!

I've been using the V3 version with a couple of saves (sheff wed in a new game and Liverpool 8 seasons in) and overall i'm very happy with it although it seems to be quite leaky at the back. Are there any tweaks i can make to tighten up the defence?

Thats correct and if I am not misstaken, Akash is working on the same formation him self ( and I assume he Will upload hus when ready )

I dint try to put them on as mc's yet.

I like the two of them staying behind.

But yes I will look into the mc one.

My new one is basically the same formation,just trying to make the dms more defensive in order to shut teams out.

TheBetterHalf version is the version with the 2 mc's.

And I don't think I will upload anything anytime soon.Uni finals on their way next month,as even though I do play FM a bit,I don't really have the time to test it with smaller teams and see where they go wrong and correct atm.

Right now I just use the only commentary mode and play my career save,lol.

So once I'm done with exams.

Then 3 months will be all FM till they release the new one,lol.

@TheBetterHalf-tactic looks great.Im going to try your version tonight.

Cheers.

I dint try to put them on as mc's yet.

I like the two of them staying behind.

But yes I will look into the mc one.

My new one is basically the same formation,just trying to make the dms more defensive in order to shut teams out.

TheBetterHalf version is the version with the 2 mc's.

And I don't think I will upload anything anytime soon.Uni finals on their way next month,as even though I do play FM a bit,I don't really have the time to test it with smaller teams and see where they go wrong and correct atm.

Right now I just use the only commentary mode and play my career save,lol.

So once I'm done with exams.

Then 3 months will be all FM till they release the new one,lol.

@TheBetterHalf-tactic looks great.Im going to try your version tonight.

Cheers.

Cheers. I have also just made à underdog version using DMC, DMC , MC. This One is different though. The press and marking system is the same but the rest is different. Direct passing, quicker tempo, deep D-line and different ment. So far so good.

I am using v3 without corners (set it to mixed) because it works too well :p with boca juniors..

predicted first

15 played 14 wins 1 drawn 62 scored 6 conceded amazing!! will continue to use it for the closing championship... and gonna see if I will win copa libertadores but its amazing!

Archived