TheGreatTraveler's Colombian League Pyramid

TheGreatTraveler

TheGreatTraveler's Colombian League Pyramid

This is how it really works: 1st Division of 18 teams with relegation to Second division with 18 teams. Then, there is a Closed(No promotion/relegation) amamateur third division wich has 53 teams, and then Closed divisions in each department(state), the a closed division in the capital, and an Armed forces leagues, resulting in a total of 34 regional main divisions. Most of the divisions also have lower leagues, and in some there are relegation/promotion to others, while some are closed.

How I plan to make it:1st division stays the same, second division is the same but with a relegation spot to the third division. The third division will consist of the Top 21 teams based on reputation that make the in-game third division. There will be 1 promotion spot, 2 relegation spots, and 2 relegation "group" spots. The relegation group works with the 2 teams from the 3rd division playing 2 teams from the 4th division in 1 leg round robin group. The bottom 2 in the group go to the 4th division, while the top 2 go to the third division. The fourth division would be split into 2 subdivisions, A and B. Each sub-division would have 1 promtion spot and 1 promtion play-off spot, where they would play in the relegation "group", while each group would have 4 relegation spots. After that, I would plan on making a fifth division that has 34 subdivisions, One for each department or state. Each Of the sub divisions would have between 8-18 teams, and regional boundries. The fifth division will have a massive play-off at the end of the season where the top 2 teams in each subdivision play a 1 leg knockout with the top 2 teams in all other subdivisions with the top 8 teams getting promoted to the fourth division. 4 of the subdivisions will only have 1 place for the play-offs so that it can be done. I will take the regional divisions(wich start at level 5 and might go down to level 20) as far as I can, although some departments might only have a premier division, some migh have 15+

I will keep count on what has been done and what is left to be done here.

---Liga Postobon(1st Division): Changed the name to the OFFICIAL name, made sure Deportivo Pasto and Patriotas FC are in the first division for the upcoming season. DONE

---Torneo Postobo(Second Division):Changed name to official name, made relegation spot, made sure America De Cali and Deportivo Pereira where there for upcoming season.DONE

---Tercera Division(3rd Division): Made it of only 21 teams with highest reputation in actual division, 2 rounds, set Money prices for specific league positions, set game time, made it playable. Made promtion/relegation spots. DONE

---Cuarta Division(4th Division): Made 2 sub divisions, A and B, of 16 teams each, 2 rounds, money prices for specific league position set, made promtion/relegation spots, made it playable. DONE

---Quinta Division(5th Division): Will make 34 sub divisions of 8-18 teams each, 2 rounds, money prices for specific positions set, promtion/relegation, boundries, making it playable. In Progress

---Primeras Divisiones Departamentales(Premier division for each state): Make all 34 divisions, # of teams Vary, rounds vary, set money prices, promtion relegation, boundries, making it playable.

---Extra Reginal Divisions: Make as many as avaible, set money prices, promotion/relegation, boundries, and making them playable.

I also have the following cups:

---Copa Colombia: Like in real life, only teams form 1st and 2nd divisions.DONE

---Copa CocaCola Valderrama: All Teams from the 3rd and 4th divsions(Under review, might delete it or add the 5th division teams.) DONE until 4th Division

---SuperCopa: Winner of 1st Division against winner of Copa ColombiaDONE

---La Copita: Winner of Copa CocaCola Valderrama against winner of third Division(Under Review)DONE

---Torneo Rey De Copas: Winner of Copa Colombia against winner of Copa CocaCola Valderrama(Under Review)DONE

---Regional Cups will be done later

I will make a list of the extra regional divisions later so you know how much I have done.

Here is Verzion 1.0 http://www.gamefront.com/files/21522800/Colombia+Verzion+1.0.dbc

Here I will have the 5th "Premier Regional DivisionS

"Bogota DONE

AntioquiaDONE

Cundinamarca

*Unkown, couldn't find website*

Santander In Progress

Norte De Santander

*Unknown, website under mantainance*

Fuerzas Armadas

*Unknown, no website found*

Boyaca

*Unknown, no website found*

More to come...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is it me or is the Colombian league a tad underrated in FM?

I agree it is. Should I maybe 'enhance' it a little?

Also, I've decided to change the structure so it will work like this:

The first 4 divisions remain the same.

Then, the 5th division has 34 subdivisions, and with a massive play-off at the end of the season where the top 2 teams in each subdivision play a 1 leg knockout with the top 2 teams in all other subdivisions with the top 8 teams getting promoted to the fourth division. 4 of the subdivisions will only have 1 place for the play-offs so that it can be done.

Then, the divisions will be regional, and I will probably end up deleting the current Copa Colombia and adding a new one that would include all teams, or atleast all teams in the top 5 divisions, and also regional clubs for all clubs in or below the 5th division.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived