Football Manager Handheld 2012 (Android) Feedback Thread

Can't explain my surprise and delight at the release of the Android version... I only bought my first Smartphone here in NZ a month ago, and was quite excited there might be a version of FM I could play on it... so I was really disappointed to see the threads at the time saying it seemed unlikely we'd see anything in the near future.

Looked at these boards for the first time in weeks, and couldn't believe my eyes! Even more delighted that it actually runs on my very basic and entry level LG Optimus One P500. The only potential compatibility issue is in the match engine... there is a slight lag in match highlights, and the highlights are VERY short, not showing any buildup, often not showing the "assist". I assume this is due to the limited specs of my P500. It's not a deal breaker.

There are a few wee bugs/quirks I've come across... a number of them already mentioned... but no deal breakers. Really enjoying it (I just don't have the time these days to dedicate to the latest PC FMs, they've just become a bit too bloated and intricate, so FMH is perfect!).

Thanks SI for the great work!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I'm just wondering where can you guys find the save file for this game? I've tried using file manager programs and stuffs, but I'm unable to find the save files inside my memory card nor in my phone memory.. Must my phone be rooted for me to access the save files for this game? By the way, I've tried the method posted here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file , using a the recommended program Airdroid, but I was unable to find the files indicated.. I've even tried moving my game from my memory card to phone memory and vice versa to try and find the save files, but to no avail. My phone is HTC Sensation XE.

Hey guys, I'm just wondering where can you guys find the save file for this game? I've tried using file manager programs and stuffs, but I'm unable to find the save files inside my memory card nor in my phone memory.. Must my phone be rooted for me to access the save files for this game? By the way, I've tried the method posted here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file , using a the recommended program Airdroid, but I was unable to find the files indicated.. I've even tried moving my game from my memory card to phone memory and vice versa to try and find the save files, but to no avail. My phone is HTC Sensation XE.

You don't need to be rooted.

Have you found the fmh_data folder? If not, find that, should either be in root of sd card or root of phones usb storage, not sure how it works on sensation xe.

Once you have found that folder there will be a sub folder called save_games. You are looking for fm_save_1.asg where 1 represents the slot number.

You don't need to be rooted.

Have you found the fmh_data folder? If not, find that, should either be in root of sd card or root of phones usb storage, not sure how it works on sensation xe.

Once you have found that folder there will be a sub folder called save_games. You are looking for fm_save_1.asg where 1 represents the slot number.

Hmm yeah I've been trying to search all folders in my phone memory and memory card for fmh_data folder, but to no avail.. The closest I could find was some asec folder for fmh.. :(

• SI Staff

If the game doesn't find enough space on an SD Card it will install to internal memory and often under the application space itself.

This might not be visible to you - I'll add an option into the game to force saving user data to the 'root' area of a device on android, sound good?

love the game on android only have one thing im disappointed with is selecting only one league ,being able to select other playable leagues like iphone would be a dream , would really love to manage in different countrys in game , hope this can be done

• SI Staff
love the game on android only have one thing im disappointed with is selecting only one league ,being able to select other playable leagues like iphone would be a dream , would really love to manage in different countrys in game , hope this can be done

I'm hoping that future versions (presuming this one is successful enough to spawn a sequel) I'll be able to do this - I'm learning more about the platform and whats possible all the time so I'm fairly confident long term this will be something which will happen (you might recall the first iOS version was single league for a similar reason - it takes time to get to grips with new hardware/OS's).

Just bought the game today for my SG Ace - and gotta say, this is the only game I can see myself playing for a long time! Other crap I lose interest in a few days..but this will be like an addiction for me! hah

• SI Staff
Just bought the game today for my SG Ace - and gotta say, this is the only game I can see myself playing for a long time! Other crap I lose interest in a few days..but this will be like an addiction for me! hah

Glad you're enjoying the game :D

It's still not showing in Playstore in Saudi Arabia. When I click on a link which takes me there from this thread it tells me the game is not compatible with either of my machines (TF101/ Galaxy Gio) which is not true. Is this a licensing issue or is it coming?

If the game doesn't find enough space on an SD Card it will install to internal memory and often under the application space itself.

This might not be visible to you - I'll add an option into the game to force saving user data to the 'root' area of a device on android, sound good?

Hmm I wonder why that would happen as I still have enough memory space in both my phone and memory card.. But still, that sounds great!! :D Do keep me updated on when you'll be able to implement it yeah? Thanks for your quick reply!

• SI Staff
It's still not showing in Playstore in Saudi Arabia. When I click on a link which takes me there from this thread it tells me the game is not compatible with either of my machines (TF101/ Galaxy Gio) which is not true. Is this a licensing issue or is it coming?

You're correct both those devices should be usable - I'll check into whats happening in Saudi Arabia with the game.

thanks alot !! really great game, playing fm on tablet let me feel more like a real manager :D.

i really wish that there will be a resolution fix for tablets pretty soon and i also hope a multi league option for tablets will be able in this version soon too, iam sure a dual / quad core can handle this.

sorry for my bad english and thanks for this great game!!!

Someone in this thread somewhere asked about hooking the back button up to 'back' in the game ... just wanted to mention, thats now implemented and will be in the first update.

it wasnt me..but thanks.

Also, will you be releasing tablet optimisation in next update?

• SI Staff
it wasnt me..but thanks.

Also, will you be releasing tablet optimisation in next update?

If everything goes well then yes - no promises however until our QA have said they're happy with things :D

• SI Staff
Any news marc?

I haven't heard anything back formally - however I checked what I could via. my developer login and there isn't an exclusion set for Saudi Arabia so I'd have thought it should be visible/available, when I hear more I'll let you know.

• SI Staff
Quick question - can I not search players by nationality in this version?!

Afraid it's not currently possible unless you're a national team manager. It's something that's quite high on the to-do list for future versions though, so we hope to implement it at some point.

• SI Staff
Is it possible during the match to see the formation of the opponent? I think thaτ this is very important for a coach who wants to adjust his team's formation.

You can do this by tapping on the name of the opposing team in the titlebar.

• SI Staff
Just a query - if I go to check my texts and browse the internet whilst in game - does the game reboot when you go back to it?

It entirely depends on the device you're running upon, on the newer phones no it should stay in memory and just restore itself to the point you were at.

On older devices which might have less memory then its at the OS's discretion and that might ask the game to save and exit when you leave it ... on my Galaxy S2 it always stays in memory if that helps.

PS - Restarting the game normally only takes a handful of seconds including splash pages.

• SI Staff
I've bought it - only just spotted the link on here today. No one talking about it.

Hopefully that'll change especially as we're slowly gaining rank in the Google stores which will hopefully make it easier to spot.

How are the d/l's Marc - would be interesting to see how they compare vs iphone

I'm afraid I'm not privy to accurate sales stats at present (and tbh SEGA being a limited company I wouldn't be allowed to post them if i was).

How are the d/l's Marc - would be interesting to see how they compare vs iphone

There are some stats within the Market itself, the FMH2012 page has it in the "5,000 - 10,000 downloads" bracket, and it's currently #3 on the top-selling paid games (in the UK at least) which is pretty remarkable work given the steeper price-point than most of the casual games on that list. :thup:

Playing right now and it seems to work great on Motorola Defy. The 30 season cap is a a bit of a problem for me, not that I very often get to 30 seasons but I don't like the idea that all those hours of work just hit a wall at a specified point in the future.

There was talk in this thread of an editor, does anyone know of a way they could (unofficially) carry on past 30 seasons? perhaps the 30th season data could be exproted back into a new starting game - so the old stats and history are lost but at least you can take charge of your club again and carry on as usual?

Minor gripe, great game so far, perfect balance between depth and mobile playability.

• SI Staff
Playing right now and it seems to work great on Motorola Defy. The 30 season cap is a a bit of a problem for me, not that I very often get to 30 seasons but I don't like the idea that all those hours of work just hit a wall at a specified point in the future.

At present the 30 season limit isn't negotiable - to ensure that the game remains stable and doesn't fragment memory it preallocates a lot of the storage used in the game based on the maximum seasons playable ... so this isn't easily alterable on the fly I'm afraid.

Minor gripe, great game so far, perfect balance between depth and mobile playability.

Glad you're enjoying the game :D

I've bought the game for a HTC Desire HD and have been pretty impressed - well done and thanks!

In a couple of months my phone contract is up for renewal - is it possible to transfer save games from phone to phone?

• SI Staff
I've bought the game for a HTC Desire HD and have been pretty impressed - well done and thanks!

Cool - glad you're enjoying the game :D

In a couple of months my phone contract is up for renewal - is it possible to transfer save games from phone to phone?

Yes its fairly easy to do in most cases - just follow the instructions posted in the link below (which is about to extracting up a save game) and then copy it back into the same location on the new phone after you've installed the game.

Extracting Save Game Thread

He explained that pirated copies impose a burden on Sports Interactive. "There are server costs for downloads of skins, extra customer support and QA costs (because many pirates still ask for customer service), costs of looking into future business models to protect things better, costs associated with taking down links to pirated versions of the game - all these things take time, money and have an opportunity cost too, as that time could be spent doing other things."

-----

I just read an article on EG about the piracy problem with the Android version and it's sad to hear but the above quote makes me wonder why there is no authentication regarding the additional downloads? Is it not possible to cross reference the sales? I'm guessing that Google must keep the details of the buyer hidden... :( Although some apps do require certain permissions to users details...so could that not be used to track authentic sales? Or at least if someone has circumvented the permissions and don't send them to your servers they can not download the skins???

• SI Staff
Is there anywhere other than google play that you can get FMH officially i.e. other android marketplaces?

It should be rolling out to other stores imminently - I'm over in the SI HQ at the end of the week and will try and find out more about the schedule for this side of things then.

Hey guys I'm just wondering about the transfer fees, whenever I start a new season, will I still get the same amount of transfer fee throughout all seasons, or is it supposed to accumulate (i.e. I have 10m left in season 2 and come season 3, they'll add on 43.5m per season onto the remainder from season 2)? By the way, how's the feature to force the game save user data and stuffs from FMH to memory cards, etc., coming along? ;)

Archived