Football Manager Handheld 2012 (Android) Feedback Thread

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
until no in google play . when we finally will have Football Manager ?

Its been 'delivered' to the store - we're waiting on propagation to the outside world now, as I mentioned last night we've no experience of how long this will take as FMH is our first Android product ... so please be patient.

Absolutely gutted this won't play on my x10 as it's firmware 2.1 :( , would of bought this aswell

Yeah theres defo an update for your phone, i did the update myself for my friends X10, the update came out quite a while ago aswell, adds live wallpapers, multitouch and a pretty decent performance increase.

Its been 'delivered' to the store - we're waiting on propagation to the outside world now, as I mentioned last night we've no experience of how long this will take as FMH is our first Android product ... so please be patient.

I was under the impression since theres no review process with android, it should be up within 15 minutes. (obviously i must be wrong about that since its been an hour)

• SI Staff
can you expand on that? you mean there IS a way to edit data? sorry, have spent mty life playing the pc version am totally new to FMH!

There isn't an 'official' way to edit the data - however there is an unofficial save game editor for FMH (not made by SI) which should work on the Android game, we won't know until its in the wild tbh.

There isn't an 'official' way to edit the data - however there is an unofficial save game editor for FMH (not made by SI) which should work on the Android game, we won't know until its in the wild tbh.

I'll let you know when I attempt to add £134m debt to Rangers! ;-)

Any idea when the game goes live?

They answered that:

First impressions: there's some bad Android handling. You have your own keyboard, why? Just call up whatever keyboard is set to run. Also the back button dumps you to the Home screen, despite most (all?) views having a virtual back button so this would be easy to implement properly.

First impressions: there's some bad Android handling. You have your own keyboard, why? Just call up whatever keyboard is set to run. Also the back button dumps you to the Home screen, despite most (all?) views having a virtual back button so this would be easy to implement properly.

Definitely some features of Android that they could take advantage of - I think they are keeping it very close to the iPhone version for now though!

You can't tap on names in news articles, so for example going from a news article I have about Welbeck's contract to actually viewing him and perhaps bidding on him will take quite long.

I'm enjoying this, a few quibbles are inevitable but this is very promising!

• SI Staff
IS there a season limit??

30 season limit, same as the iOS game. :thup:

@Quboid - Not sure if you're familiar with the iOS version but the 'Links' button in the bottom right hand corner when viewing a news item will give you related links - i.e to Wellbeck's profile (in this example).

If the main issue is stability, would there be any way of working out the ideal season limit based off the phones specs? Would there be a method for us to say - bah, who cares about instability!? and keep on playing in the knowledge it could insta-crash?

EDIT: Lol, I love how Marc says he'll be here for support, stays up from early in the morning chatting to us; and then the moment it's released is when he decides to have a break. Talk about rotten luck :D

• SI Staff
Brought and installed on my sgs2 and asus transformer. looks great on SGS2. Also looks good on my Asus tablet. however it does not make most of screen size. which is a shame.

Depending on the most popular resolutions used by purchasers of the app, we may look to include new skins in future updates.

Depending on the most popular resolutions used by purchasers of the app, we may look to include new skins in future updates.

Are you actively monitoring the resolutions of the devices running the app then? Or just relying on verbal feedback?

• SI Staff
Are you actively monitoring the resolutions of the devices running the app then? Or just relying on verbal feedback?

We haven't put any monitoring into the game at all - will be verbal feedback* combined with what the store tells us regarding sales (tbh I don't know if Google indicate to developers the types of devices installed onto or not, time will tell ... this release is a learning curve for us all in that regard).

*If you haven't guessed already I put a lot of trust in our customers generally to guide me in which way our products should evolve and generally let me know what we're doing right and wrong.

To be quite honest I haven't 100% checked - but in theory all the various saved files from the iOS version should work on Android, the only notable exception might be the unlockables file as I might have changed the format of that slightly I'm not certain (and tbh if I have then I wouldn't be totally upset as I think part of the fun is NOT CHEATING and unlocking things for yourself ;) ).

The unlockables file does work, it goes in the data file :) not tested the others

EDIT - all the others work too, but them in 'user_data' :) this includes tactics :)

Works pretty fast in the Galaxy Note, but the game doesn't stretch to full screen (800 x 1280 pixels) that is a shame with this huge 5.3" screen :(

The intro screens are in full screen mode, the game it's not.

• SI Staff
Just setting up a game now, my mouth is watering at the prospect of never being bored again... can we add/remove leagues? Wouldn't mind starting in Scotland but with the option of moving to England.

In this version you're limited to just the nation you start in, if this version is successful (ie. sells enough copies that I'm allowed to do a sequel) then I'm hoping for next years I'll know enough about the devices to squeeze things tightly enough to make it run multiple leagues at once ....

You can't tap on names in news articles, so for example going from a news article I have about Welbeck's contract to actually viewing him and perhaps bidding on him will take quite long.

I'm enjoying this, a few quibbles are inevitable but this is very promising!

The little button in the right hand bottom corner is you friend ;)

30 season limit, same as the iOS game. :thup:

@Quboid - Not sure if you're familiar with the iOS version but the 'Links' button in the bottom right hand corner when viewing a news item will give you related links - i.e to Wellbeck's profile (in this example).

Thanks! And thanks chrismarkham1982, this is a lot handier! I'm finding out bits and pieces as I go along and I'm enjoying it.

Is there a way to put players i dont want to see in my squad screen in the reserves? Cant seem to find it yet.

BTW, best feature so far for this version (and it BEATS the PC/Mac version)--you can call back loaned out players in your first season!!! That's awesome!!!

played it on the tube on the way home from the office, the journey went very quickly! love it! Thanks again Marc.

Quick question, I cant seem to find a way of showing the players preferred foot. e.g left or right or both. Is that not displayed? Also it looks like I cant view/hire staff, before I use to get a good scout and take his word on player purchases, if I scout players now, is the scout a good man to trust as I cant see how good he is (playing with mk dons)

• SI Staff
played it on the tube on the way home from the office, the journey went very quickly! love it! Thanks again Marc.

Glad you're enjoying it.

Quick question, I cant seem to find a way of showing the players preferred foot. e.g left or right or both. Is that not displayed? Also it looks like I cant view/hire staff, before I use to get a good scout and take his word on player purchases, if I scout players now, is the scout a good man to trust as I cant see how good he is (playing with mk dons)

Footedness isn't visible I'm afraid - amongst other things there simply isn't space available on the screen.

There aren't seperate staff in the game - the scouts you're given are adequate but not perfect, that is they should give sensible feedback but don't replace a good managers judgement.

• SI Staff
Is there a way to put players i dont want to see in my squad screen in the reserves? Cant seem to find it yet.

When looking at a player, there should be an action button on the bottom bar. Pressing this should bring up an option to 'Demote' the player.

We haven't put any monitoring into the game at all - will be verbal feedback* combined with what the store tells us regarding sales (tbh I don't know if Google indicate to developers the types of devices installed onto or not, time will tell ... this release is a learning curve for us all in that regard).

*If you haven't guessed already I put a lot of trust in our customers generally to guide me in which way our products should evolve and generally let me know what we're doing right and wrong.

It might be worth adding the minimum resolution to the app description?

On the game, why does confirming on a tactic screen e.g. after changing player roles bring one out of tactics? Its annoying if you're making adjustments to each area i.e. changing set piece takers then player roles etc especially pre-match.

Edit: I just realised that there is no need to confirm until all adjustments are made!

Archived