Best way to create a "loyal" player?

D0bi

I'm interested as a side project to create a player with an absurdly high current and potential ability and placing him in a lower division (League 2 or below) and see if he can drag up a team on his own. The only problem would be getting the player to stay there. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this, as high loyalty and low ambition seems to do little?

The only thing I can think of is to set a future transfer in about 20 years time so at least he's in his 30's when he moves, although this is less than ideal. Is there a way to create a "one club player"?

As well as loyalty of 20 and ambition of 1, set his favourite club to yours - 100 and favourite personnel to assman, chairman, captain (100).

Even then , he can be lured away by a higher rep club, so you might need to up your lower league clubs's rep to be on a par with Man United. It all gets a bit silly, but if you're going to stick the equivalent of Wayne Rooney in Burton Albion's squad it's a bit silly anyway.

What you could do is set his contract to a ridiculously long time and then check retiring after spell at current club, or say there is already a transfer happening to another club very far into the future.

What you could do is set his contract to a ridiculously long time and then check retiring after spell at current club, or say there is already a transfer happening to another club very far into the future.

That can get messy. Sometimes they demand a payrise, and because you fiddled the length of the contract you can't sort out a new contract.

Post 3 + 5-10yr contract and check match highest earner, this solves the problem raised in post 5. If you do get to the premiership the player is likely to want to stay or your get players of higher caliber coming through anyway and wont need him so much

Archived