Clwb Pêl Droed Aberystwyth

SirToby

September - October 2025

Champions Cup Group C

Zenit 2 - 2 Aberystwyth

When leading 2-1 Pedersen missed a penalty and what a shame that was. Zenit equalised a few minutes after and got a point. But 2-2 in Russia against a very good Zenit team is absolutely no shame. Great result.

Aberystwyth 5 – 0 Omonoia

We dominated for all 90 minutes and got a wonderful 5-0 victory. My right winger Fergal Healy had a fantastic game and my left winger Bjørn-Ove Bremnes, who has turned out to be a formidable buy, had a great game too.

Aberystwyth 0 – 0 Atl. Madrid

With points against the last two years Champions League winner Atlético Madrid I would be very hopeful of a second place and we got one here after a great defensive performance. We had two headers hitting their woodwork but Atlético was the better team but we kept them away from too many big scoring chances. Still unbeaten in Europe this season.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November – December 2025

Champions Cup Group C

Atl. Madrid 3 – 0 Aberystwyth

When we were trailing 2-0 after 17 minutes I knew we were not to get points in this match. But I was quite satisfied with the fact that Atlético only had 12 shots. Atlético is the best team in Europe so I could not complain. Zenit played 1-1 against Omonoia which meant we were second with five points, same as Zenit, before the crucial home game against the Russians.

Aberystwyth 0 – 1 Zenit

All we needed was one point as I expected ourselves to get three points against Omonoia while I could not see Zenit win against Atlético. But we did not manage to get a point and we were knocked out of the Champions Cup. We should have scored but we were too ineffective. A big disappointment.

Omonoia 0 - 3 Aberystwyth

As expected we got three points, though they could not help us to get a second place. We could not lose our third place either but we took a deserved 3-0 win to end on eight points in the group.

Table

February 2026

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round

Aberystwyth 4 - 2 PSV

Dutch PSV had former Aberystwyth player Kimmo Matilla in their line-up but he could not give his new team a win here. We equalised two times before scoring two times and getting a 4-2 victory. A fine result before the second leg.

PSV 1 – 4 Aberystwyth

18-year-old Gej Harris had an absolutely fantastic game as we took a sensational 4-1 win in Holland. Harris ran his own show and had 12 shots through the game! He did not play in the Champions Cup but I registered him for the EURO Cup and I do not regret that after four Harris goals against PSV. Panathinaikos is waiting in the next round.

Marts 2026

EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Round

Aberystwyth 1 - 2 Panathinaikos

We should have won this game comfortably but the sharpness we had against PSV was absolutely gone for this match. It was a great shame that we were so ineffective.

Panathinaikos 1 – 4 Aberystwyth

Again, we were the far better team and this time, fortunately, we were sharp in front of goal. The deciding moment was when we got a penalty after 53 minutes and Panathinaikos at the same time got a man sent off. From there we were cruising and we secured the ticket to the quarter final.

April 2026

EURO Cup Quarter Final

Aberystwyth 1 - 0 Werder Bremen

We were better than the Germans and got the goal we deserved with ten minutes to go. It was a fine result before the second leg.

Werder Bremen 2 - 1 Aberystwyth

When the score at half time said 2-0 to Werder Bremen, I thought it was over. But we got a penalty and Pedersen scored to 1-2 and now we were through. But Bremen was still better than us and they must have been very frustrated with the fact that they could not score on their chances. We are through to the semi final where we will be up against Tottenham!

April 2026

EURO Cup Semi Final

Tottenham 2 – 0 Aberystwyth

A great result against a Spurs side that fights for the title in England. We held on to 0-0 until an hour’s play and it was a shame that Tottenham scored two times from there.

Aberystwyth 1 - 1 Tottenham

Tottenham was far from secured a ticket to the final when Lars Hansen brought us 1-0 up in the 81th minute. Unfortunately, Spurs equalised a few minutes after and our adventure was over. But a semi final place in the EURO Cup was more than satisfying.

Aberystwyth

Season 2025/26

Transfers

I was satisfied with my transfers. Aaquist and Westerlund are two great keepers while Hussan, Harris and Owens are players who will play here for at least four years.

Welsh Premier League

Best league season so far.

Europe

It was a big disappointment not to qualifier from our Champions Cup group stage but my players did me proud in the EURO Cup after reaching the semi finals.

Profiles of the season

Gej Harris – Was fantastic when I first discovered his ability. He is going to be one hell of a goal scorer.

Fergal Healy – Back to his best with 23 assists.

Björn-Ove Bremnes – 19 goals from my left winger was very nice.

Filip Sundgren – Dominating in the air.

David Basit – Can not hold on my him any more. Last season will be his last. Fantastic player.

Lars Hansen - His pace offers a lot to the team.

Finances

Prize money: £10.002.565

Balance: £19.434.169

Great amount of prize money this year.

July - August 2026

Champions Cup 2nd Qualifying Round

Banants 1 - 9 Aberystwyth

I did not even think it was my best possible line-up but Banants was trounced 9-1 after a great performance. Gej Harris continued his goal form from last season with a hat-trick.

Aberystwyth 5 - 0 Banants

We finished the job by beating Banants comfortably again.

Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Round

Aberystwyth 5 - 1 AIK

Gej Harris was once again in top form with a goal and four assists as we found out that AIK was not going to be any challenge.

AIK 0 - 2 Aberystwyth

No problems as Srobar and Harris finished AIK off.

Champions Cup playoff

Slovan Bratislava 0 - 2 Aberystwyth

Played against ten men for 45 minutes and overall it was no challenge to beat the Slovakians.

Aberystwyth 3 - 2 Slovan Bratislava

I have not seen this coming. With Slovan Bratislava leading 2-1 after 18 minutes we were threatened. Luckily, the unbelievable Gej Harris, who is now on 13 goals in eight games this season, played a magnificent second half to secure our place in the Champions Cup group stage. Marseille, Manchester City and Sampdoria are waiting.

September - October 2026

Champions Cup Group H

Aberystwyth 0 - 1 Sampdoria

A loss here would be very bad but unfortunately it was what happened. We were the better team but we could not score. After this result I definitely can not see us end in top two and it will also be difficult to get the third place.

Marseille 1 – 1 Aberystwyth

So close to what could have been a very, very important win after a magnificent performance against last year’s Champions Cup quarter final participant Marseille. I did not think Marseille had anything special to say before the 88th minute where they equalized. Our goal scorer Lars Hansen got injured and will be out for five months. What an unlucky start to the Champions Cup.

Aberystwyth 2 – 1 Manchester City

Three points against the champions of England. Could it be any better? It was not even a lucky win as it has been against United. We created more clear cut chances and deserved three points. Fantastic win and we are maybe back in the game for a place in the top three.

Just caught up on your entire career & it's been a great read so far. Well played.

Some massive European results under your belt & now going straight into the group stage can only mean better results in years to come.

Champions Cup Group H

Manchester City 3 – 0 Aberystwyth

This time City was much better than us. They ran us over in the first half where we did not even have a shot. Marseille got only one point in their two games against Sampdoria why they now were only on two points. The Italians were on seven points.

Sampdoria 2 – 0 Aberystwyth

After seeing this match I could not believe we did not score. Sampdoria scored after 20 seconds and from there we had a mountain to climb, especially when they went 2-0 up. Marseille won 4-0 over City in this very, very strange group and we now had to win against the Frenchmen in the last group match.

Aberystwyth 1 – 3 Marseille

When Srobar brought us in front after 20 minutes I thought we would go on to take the three necessary points. But Marseille equalised just before the break and a few minutes into the second half they utilized a gigantic error by my keeper. After we had had several opportunities to equalise they closed the game with ten minutes to go to send us out in the dark.

Table

Just caught up on your entire career & it's been a great read so far. Well played.

Some massive European results under your belt & now going straight into the group stage can only mean better results in years to come.

Well, these results will probably mean that we have to get back to the qualification phase again after next season. Shame.

Well, these results will probably mean that we have to get back to the qualification phase again after next season. Shame.

Fingers crossed that you're able to get another season or two of going straight into the group stage, if only for the guaranteed prize money it will bring.

Aberystwyth

Season 2026/27

Transfers

Not a lot of transfer activity. I bought a left back and two centre backs. After seven years in the Scottish Premier League, Ryan Foley is back at Aberystwyth. Björn Melander went off to Groningen for £1.000.000 as I knew he would not stay for long.

Welsh Premier League

It was fantastic to score 114 goals. Gej Harris scored 49 of them!

Europe

The highlight was to beat the champions of England Manchester City but it was a big disappointment to end the fourth in our Champions Cup group. Next year we are going directly to the group stage which is great.

Profiles of the season

Gej Harris – Absolutely amazing season by this 19-year-old forward. There were not many games he did not score in and he has developed a lot this season. 67 goals.

Ryan Blackwell – Harris’ partner in the attack for most matches and he was assisting a lot of Harris’ goals.

Karel Blazek – Very consisting right back.

Filip Sundgren – Had his last months of the season destroyed by a injury but before that he was an important player in my defence.

Jan Srobar – Same as Sundgren.

Gaëtan Husson – He got unfortunately a bad injury at the start of the season but he returned fantastically.

Kenneth Jensen – Great playmaker for me. 16 assists was satisfying.

Finances

Prize money: £7.614.086

Balance: £21.772.758

Not a fantastic season in terms of prize money. Our fourth place in the Champions Cup group stage ruined that. Our finances are still looking great though.

September - October 2027

Because of our great EURO Cup run in the 2025/26 season we went directly to the group stage this season. Unfortunately, because of last year’s early exit in Europe we are back in the qualification phase again next season.

For the second season in a row we will be up against Manchester City in our Champions Cup group. Porto and Standard are the two other teams.

Champions Cup Group C

Aberystwyth 4 - 2 Standard

My amazing goal scorer Gej Harris helped the team to a 4-2 win here. We were the better team and I was glad with my players scoring four goals.

Porto 0 - 0 Aberystwyth

Great result! It was even game where Porto luckily lacked sharpness in front of goal. I was very satisfied with one point here.

Manchester City 2 - 2 Aberystwyth

When City went 1-0 up after half a minute, it seemed that we had a mountain to climb. But after several misses from City players, Harris beat the offside trap in the 66th minute before sliding the ball past the City keeper. Ten minutes from time Ryan Foley brought us in front and a sensational result was very close. It was a such a big shame that Sundgren scored an own goal in the very last minute of the game but 2-2 was still an enormous result and I believe we can end in the top two.

Gej Harris is a beast in front of goal! Hopefully you'll be able to keep hold of him for a few more seasons.

If you're able to repeat those results in the Champions League, you should be in with a chance of making the knockout rounds.

November – December 2027

Champions Cup Group C

Aberystwyth 1 – 4 Manchester City

1-1 at the break was good but City found sharpness in the second half. They were better and I could not complain. Porto played 0-0 in Belgium against Standard which we could be very happy with. Porto was now on five points, the same as us.

Standard 3 – 1 Aberystwyth

Disappointing result but Standard was the best team. I hoped to get a point when Foley equalized but we had big troubles with Standard’s two forwards. Porto lost to City but that did not mean much as we still had to win our last game against Porto in Wales.

Aberystwyth 0 – 0 Porto

Porto did not score so we really had the chance to win throughout the game. But we just could not great enough, not even a clear cut chance which was a little bit disappointing. We end on a third place because our goal difference is worse than Porto’s.

Table

February 2028

EURO Cup 1st Knockout Round

Rosenborg 0 – 5 Aberystwyth

Rosenborg made it easier for us with their early red card and we dominated them totally and took a very comfortable win. Paul Owens had a fantastic game on the right wing.

Aberystwyth 3 – 4 Rosenborg

My players looked too complacent and it was disappointing to concede four goals. But 3-4 was enough for us to qualify for the next round.

Marts 2028

EURO Cup 2nd Knockout Round

Newcastle 5 – 1 Aberystwyth

With the chances we had we should have scored more goals than we did. It was very frustrating to see the players keep missing chances. It was only a few minutes before time that we finally found the back of the net when Lazovic scored an amazing goal. Newcastle took their chances and therefore we had a mountain to climb before the second leg.

Aberystwyth 1 - 3 Newcastle

A very even game game but once again I was left very frustrated with our lack of sharpness in front of goal. Newcastle won 8-2 on aggregate but I did not think we were six goals worse than them.

Aberystwyth

Season 2027/28

Transfers

I have just bought Barisic as a replacement for Lazovic who is leaving. Very much the same player, a quick player. Blackwell had a season in Premier League club Scunthorpe where he scored eight goals.

Welsh Premier League

Disappointing to lose points in six games.

Europe

0-0 in Porto and 2-2 in Manchester were fantastic results but it was not enough to get us through to the first knockout round in the Champions Cup. We beat Rosenborg in the EURO Cup before losing 8-2 on aggregate to Newcastle.

Profiles of the season

Gej Harris – Managed to play an even better season this year, scoring incredible 75 goals.

Milinko Lazovic – His season stats were fantastic. Unfortunately, this was his last season.

Paul Owens – A key player already, hope he developes even more.

Kenneth Jensen – Another great season from my playmaker.

Youth prospects

I have finally got some youth prospects that I have a bit of hope in:

Gerwyn James – I gave him many games in the last part of the season and he has been developing a lot. He has just got a injury that will keep him out for five months though. Very, very frustrating.

Adam Howells – Have a chance to develop into a very good right back for me but as Gerwyn James, he has just got a injury that will keep him out for months.

Finances

Prize money: £8.739.319

Balance: £22.260.455

The club has excellent youth facilities but we have just used £5.000.000 on further improvements. Our finances are still great.

Shame about the Newcastle resutls, but still doing well in Europe. The prize moeny continues to come pouring in. :)

Are your facilities producing a lot of good players?

If you think about youth prospects, the only ones I have produced with a little bit of hope in are the two I have mentioned in my latest update. My facilities and junior coaching are excellent so I hope to create some more in the future.

September - October 2028

Champions Cup Group C

Aberystwyth 1 - 2 Bayern

Bayern went in front on a long shot and their first shot of the game after 40 minutes. At that time we had had nine shots including to clear cut chances. Therefore, it was very frustrating to be behind at the break when we had dominated the Germans. We continued to believe we could something out of this match in the second half and after an hour we got the equaliser. But with ten minutes to go Bayern fired another long shot into the back of then net and we were trailing again. We lost 2-1 and I could only be happy with the fact that we were better than Bayern. But we definitely should have won this game but Bayern won on two long shots.

Inter 2 - 4 Aberystwyth

18 shots and five clear cut chances at the Giuseppe Meazza against Italy’s number two – fantastic! An amazing victory, our second at the stadium. Inter equalised two times but we kept on and Paul Owens drove us forward with a magnificent performance.

Red Star 0 - 4 Aberystwyth

Delighted to get a very comfortable win. The three points were home after only 20 minutes when we were 3-0 up. We are now on six points while Inter is on four. If they lose their next match in München I have high hopes of getting the second place.

November – December 2028

Champions Cup Group C

Aberystwyth 2 – 2 Red Star

This was an extremely disappointing result! As so many times before we were not making it easy for ourselves. We missed so many chances and should have won this game. Inter lost to Bayern and all we needed was to get at least a draw in our home game against Inter.

Bayern 0 – 2 Aberystwyth

With four clear cut chances we totally deserved to win this match and we did. It was quite unbelievable that we now had been better than one of Europe’s best teams two times and now were better than them over two games. That also meant that we now were number one in the group with 10 points, the same as Bayern. Inter played 1-1 against Red Star why we also were secured a ticket to the next round of the Champions Cup.

Aberystwyth 5 - 2 Inter

With three points we would end the group as number one and with another magnificent performance that was exactly what happened. Harris was once again a big help with both his sixth and seventh Champions Cup goal this season. Our opponent in the first knockout round is CSKA Moscow.

Table

February – Marts 2029

Champions Cup 1st Knockout Round

CSKA Moscow 1 - 3 Aberystwyth

We were very dominant in the first half but we did not take our chances. The Russians did not have a lot to say but when they got the chance after 67 minutes, they scored. At that moment I was afraid that we would lose the game because of our inefficiency but my players showed fantastic spirit. To score three goals in the last 25 minutes was sensational and we got the result we deserved. This should be enough to get through.

Aberystwyth 3 - 2 CSKA Moscow

Another comfortable performance has send us through to the quarter final. Aberystwyth is in the Champions Cup quarter final for the first time ever! Gej Harris was once again fantastic and he is now on 10 Champions Cup goals this season but it was Paul Owens who with his fifth, sixth and seventh Champions Cup assist got the man of the match award. French side Paris Saint-Germain is our opponent in the quarter final.

Just went through reading the thread. Great job mate!

I also had a similar career at Wales, with Bangor City, I managed them until 2020 and I think I reached quarters on CHL. Then I got bored and AC.Milan offered me a job which I couldn't refuse.

I hope you win the CL in the near future. Also, what's the prize money of winning the league? I remember that it was really really low. And also, constantly ask your board to build a new stadium, sometimes they will agree.

Just went through reading the thread. Great job mate!

I also had a similar career at Wales, with Bangor City, I managed them until 2020 and I think I reached quarters on CHL. Then I got bored and AC.Milan offered me a job which I couldn't refuse.

I hope you win the CL in the near future. Also, what's the prize money of winning the league? I remember that it was really really low. And also, constantly ask your board to build a new stadium, sometimes they will agree.

Sounds great! I have also been offered the job in several big clubs but this game is about getting Aberystwyth to the top of Europe.

You get £20.500 for winning the league, and yeah, that is nothing.

Archived