Torino - Champions of Serie A?

39 Years later and they have finally won Serie A.

1st Season - Serie B - 4th

P42 - W21 - D11 - L11 - F67 - A37 - GD+24 - Pts 74

(Sampdoria won Serie B)

2nd Season - Serie A - 16th

P38 - W9 - D13 - L16 - F38 - A48 - GD-10 - Pts 40

3rd Season - Serie A - 15th

P38 - W11 - D11 - L16 - F38 - A52 - GD-14 - Pts 44

4th Season - Serie A - Champions

P38 - W20 - D12 - L6 - F55 - A39 - GD+16 - Pts 72

I was very suprised as they haven't made any real quality signings.

SerieAOverview_Stages-2.png

Also Sampdoria, after winning Serie B they finished 3rd in Serie A for 3 consecutive seasons, then the year after Torino won the league, Sampdoria finally nailed it :D

Just thought I would share this as I didn't think Torino would manage to win Serie A so soon.

Feedback for FM 2012 (that is almost the same thinking about FM 11, FM 10, FM 09...):

Easy at "Sunday League Footballer" ... i don't see any improvement.

Easy in every single aspect (Finance, Transfers, Tactics, Sponsorship, etc etc etc.)

Based on Morale (is this a joke??? yes it is)... Football is much more.

The league is crazy as it is in real life, Torino are 5th in my second season, with Cesena nr 2 so far, and to my amusement, Milan keep buying player that are 30 haha. So they deserve their 12 place. Tactics are very important in serie a , no 442 here 3-3-2-1-1 etc.

no comments about what happen in Serie A, even at the first year everything is possible ... :thdn:
is that not how it should be thought? Sampdoria got relegated a year after they finnished 4th irl

I've just left derby to take over league leaders Napoli! I was rather shocked to be offered the job after resigning from prem relegation candidates derby! Do I need any heads up on serie a in terms of its randomness? I have discovered that Napoli are 5mil in debt.... I then had this awful fear Napoli have only employed me as a fall guy.. Not a good feeling as I head into the training ground for the first time.

I've just left derby to take over league leaders Napoli! I was rather shocked to be offered the job after resigning from prem relegation candidates derby! Do I need any heads up on serie a in terms of its randomness? I have discovered that Napoli are 5mil in debt.... I then had this awful fear Napoli have only employed me as a fall guy.. Not a good feeling as I head into the training ground for the first time.

hey how's it going ??? ^^

Il calcio is craziest league based excessvelyi on tactics and mostly on defensive ones even for favourites :) .Like someone sad everything is possible there,italians loves catenaccio,3 at back tactics and trequartistas :)>,and from such battle of tactics any format of league table is possible.

Il calcio is craziest league based excessvelyi on tactics and mostly on defensive ones even for favourites :) .Like someone sad everything is possible there,italians loves catenaccio,3 at back tactics and trequartistas :)>,and from such battle of tactics any format of league table is possible.
infact, Italian football is only defensive when you have a result you are happy to play on, and the classic trequartista role is largly a thing of the past, nowdays its all about the "central winger"

infact, Italian football is only defensive when you have a result you are happy to play on, and the classic trequartista role is largly a thing of the past, nowdays its all about the "central winger"

Dont forget about chrismass three tactics where both teams try to exploit middle while having absolutely nobody on flanks with pitch on minimum :).Trequartista must do now everything beside playing playmaker role he now must do wingers job also.

hey how's it going ??? ^^

Well it is mixed tbh. The first thing that I noticed is that napolis preferred formation had been 3-4-2-1. A tactic I can honestly say I have never used before!!! Not wanting to alter things too dramatically (as Napoli are top of serie a by 5 points with eight games I left) I used this tactic for our first games at home to Milan (sitting in second) we seemed to play well and secured what I deemed as a positive 1-1 draw (a game should have won in fairness given our chances). Next game up against a lower table team I employ the same tactics expecting, if I'm honest, a whitewash... We scraped a 1-0 victory away from home!

Now I am a bit concerned reading other posts from on here! I am not the most tactical of managers and so a "tactics" based league seems a bit daunting! I am considering getting the serie a title and jumping ship but that is so defeatist it is untrue! My options aret then:

1) get the title, take the credit (not truly deserved) and run back to England;

2) continue into next season with Napoli and try to introduce the "English" game to serie a;

3) adapt to learn the Italian way and see where it gets me!

Any thoughts???

My Serie A just had a title deciding game and I didn't even know about it until it finished :(

Cagliari vs Sampdoria

Sampdoria going for back to back titles, Cagliari haven't won Serie A since 1970. Final game of the season, Sampdoria with a 2 point lead on Cagliari. Cagliari win 1-0 Zoran Lesjak scoring the only goal of the game. Cagliari win the league for the 2nd time in their history. Completely Random Italian League.

Had another Title decider in England this time, I managed to watch this one :D

Chelsea vs Man United

Chelsea have become a lot weaker on mine, they finished 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th and 4th. The £46.5m signing of Neymar has completely changed the team around this season. United dominated England for the starting few seasons, Sir Alex Ferguson won a Treble in 2012/2013, then retired. Couldn't have been a better farewell. Mourinho took over, managed to win the league 1st season then missed out on the league by 1 point in '14/'15. Lost the league on Goals Scored in '15/'16, both United and Arsenal finished on 81 points with +39 GD, but Arsenal scored 74 to United's 72. Harsh. And now this season Mourinho has missed out on the league again. Chelsea 4-1 United. Neymar (3), he then got Players Player of the Season. *Oh and Spurs got relegated* :confused:

@mike82

Do a mixture of 2 and 3. Learn the Italian way but try your own style of football see if it works :D If you always manage in Egnaldn try not manage there for a while. Its good to watch how teams do in England under the guidance of the AI.

Archived