Crazy Canuck on Tour: The Homecoming

rancer890

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the promotion and nice to see them build a stadium with actual real seats.If you have to wait 3 years for the new stadium then they will probably announce it at the end of next season,that's what they did with me and Vitoria.

Does it tell you anything about the new stadium in your Facilities tab? I know for me, it told me that I was expected to move into my stadium on a certain date, but also told me capacity.

Nope cerud. I checked but nothing...

Nice to see attendances steadily rising as well. Making excellent strides.

The attendance was a bit up and down over the years, but we'll be filling it up for a while now!

Congrats on the promotion and nice to see them build a stadium with actual real seats.If you have to wait 3 years for the new stadium then they will probably announce it at the end of next season,that's what they did with me and Vitoria.

Cheers B.W.G. Now I want to finish my first year in the USL-Pro East division now as quickly as possible... :D

MarkhamMaruaders.jpg

Markham Marauders - USL-Pro East

In the News:

Markham Marauders officially turn Professional

Firstly, the Markham Marauders are proud to announce that the club is turning professional. In a short statement released by the club, "The Markham Marauders are pleased to announce that we are turning Professional we enter the 4th tier of the American Soccer Pyramid. The entire club is very excited that we have made such great strides since our humble beginnings and we will continue to look to progress up the leagues. We would like to thank everyone involved, from the coaching staff led by Head Coach/GM Ricky Nakano, the players, and our loyal fans for their support to make all of this possible."

Contract Extensions

The Markham Marauders have announced the contract extensions of 2 players:

• Navin Simon (DC/DR), has signed a 4 year contract extension until 2021 with the club. His base salary will be $10,500, with an annual wage increase of 5%.
  • Angelo Carmelo Matheison (MC), has signed a 5 year contract extension, until the end of 2022. He will earn $8250 in the first year of his contract, with annual 10% increases.

"The Markham Marauders organizations are excited to sign these two young players to long term contract extensions. We feel that these two players are a big part of the core at the club and our commitment to both of them is a sign that we're serious about competing and winning on the pitch."

2018 Youth Intake

MarkhamMaruadersYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-5.png

For the first time, we have an intake where a player is not from Markham, but nearly Scarborough. Not surprised the player is half Indian either, as there's lots of South Asians in Scarborough...

Robert Stillo - A striker/winger who can fit into the system. He's a player who can fit in right away. He's also versatile which is something I like.

Cordell Lumley - a quality left back with a lot of potential. He's behind Lopez on the depth so he won't be starting right away.

And the Youth Player of the intake is...

Niksa Cotic (YP 2018) - he doesn't seem as impressive as Stillo and Lumley, but on closer look he's a fine player. Yes, he's a bit weak (ok, very weak!!!), but he's only 15 and will have a chance to improve in the future and be a fixture in the midfield.

We have also offered out contracts for Patrick Heroux and Jack Naylor. We need some defenders and they will provide some depth for the upcoming season.

Odd about the stadium. I hope that they are actually building it. I noticed that even after my stadium was built, my Board tab still showed that it wouldn't be finished for another 11 months, yet my Facilities tab updated no problem. Odd.

Well done on returning to marauding up the leagues.

Cheers deltablue.

Odd about the stadium. I hope that they are actually building it. I noticed that even after my stadium was built, my Board tab still showed that it wouldn't be finished for another 11 months, yet my Facilities tab updated no problem. Odd.

Well I'm in April already and the progress bar has moved a bit so I assume everything is going to plan...I hope. We just have to play some good football and get 30 points for survival.

For now, our lack of depth at the back 4 and the 'keeper is a concern...

Congrats on turning pro,also nice to see Canada may have some kind of future in football afterall :D

The Markham Marauders will be the catalyst for the future of Canadian soccer. :D

Lumley is backup to Lopez right now. Too bad both of them have weak right foots because I could use a right back... :(

And cheers AK22, I was wondering if someone picked that up. :D

In other news, ass man is concerned about one of my youth products:

RickyNakanoNews_Inbox-11.png

His max potential is probably at this level so hopefully he can get better because he has had some below average games so far.

2018 World Cup

fifa_world_cup_trophy.jpg

Notable Absentees:

• CAF - Senegal, Ivory Coast
  • AFC/OFC - N/A
  • UEFA - Belgium, Portugal, Italy
  • CONCACAF - Canada
  • CONMEBOL - N/A

Group Stage

A - Russia, Tunisia, Paraguay, Northern Ireland

B - Mexico, Iran, Greece, Argentina (note that Argentina lost all 3 group games!!!)

C - Nigeria, Germany, Scotland, Japan

D - Cameroon, Czech Republic, Iceland, El Salvador

E - France, Saudi Arabia, Peru, Spain (Spain drew 1 game and lost 2. They didn't even score in the tournament...)

F - USA, Ukraine, Uruguay, South Korea

G - Brazil, Netherlands, Ghana, Hungary

H - England, Ireland, Australia, Egypt

Second Round

Iran 2-0 Russia

Mexico 3-0 Tunisia

Czech Republic (p) 2-2 Tunisia

Germany 2-2 (p) Cameroon

France (e) 4-1 Ukraine

USA 3-0 Saudi Arabia

Ireland 2-2 (p) Brazil

England 3-0 Netherlands

Quarter-Final

Iran 2-3 (e) Cameroon

Mexico 2-0 Czech Republic

France (p) 3-3 England (lost 4-3 on penalties, Rooney gets sent off in 57th minute after 2 yellows)

USA 0-1 Brazil

Semi-Final

Cameroon (p) 0-0 Brazil

Mexico 0-4 France

Third Place Playoff

Mexico 2-1 Brazil

Final

Cameroon 0-1 France (Mbaye Niang game winner on 11th minute penalty)

-----

Awards

Best Goalkeeper - Hugo Lloris (France/Lyon)

Golden Ball - 1st: Jack Wilshere (England/Arsenal), 2nd: Connor Wickman (England/Marseille), 3rd: Lenny Nangis (France/Lyon)

Golden Shoe - 1st: Andriy Yamolenko (Ukraine/Chelsea), 2nd: Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon/Dortmund), 3rd: Matt Phillips (Scotland/Blackburn)

Best Young Player - Adam Soukou (Cameroon/Lokomotiv Moscow)

2018 World Cup Dream Team

What happened to Spain and Argentina!?!? Changing of the guard methinks?

No idea mate. It was very strange to say the least, especially since I had both of those leagues loaded so it's not like they're short on talent...

Flying through the leagues now :thup: and great news about the stadium (even if you don't know anything about it! ;)).

MLS here you come!

Our flying through the leagues will probably stop for now, as this tier is very challenging. :D

Not going to jinx myself, since we're in the lower half of the league after the split, but we should survive. We just have a major problem with goal scoring, last in the league.

Also, we're losing lots of money due to wages, youth setup, and the lovely 'Other' expenditure, probably the only consequence of being a Professional club. Hope we got enough money at the end of the year to get a new stadium. :(

MarkhamMaruaders.jpg

2018 Season - Markham Marauders - USL-Pro East

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - I had a chance in the last game before the league split to finish in the top half but we lost. Fortunately, we did well against the bottom half of the league and finished a solid 12th place. We also rediscovered our offense and we were unbeaten in our last 8 games.

North American Open Cup - Unlucky that we lost to the Austin Aztec in the 1st round proper. We got hit with a late goal and we couldn't convert on penalties.

USL Cup - In our first appearance in the USL Cup, we managed to get to the Quarter-Finals, but unfortunately lost to Indiana United in extra time.

Ontario Cup - we couldn't beat a team we were supposed to beat, but at least we didn't have a fixture congestion later.

Transfers - Got rid of more fringe players.

Squad - Our goalkeeper and defense are definitely my weak link. In short, Mitch Fletcher was making stupid decisions and even though some goals weren't his fault, we needed a new 'keeper just to try and spark something, and John Cain started the rest of the way. Earl Oppong, Emilio Rotundo, and Tyler Bishop are 3 defenders who has been at the team for many years, but the star levels indicate they're clearly not good enough for this level, and will be released, freeing up nearly $50k in salary for next season.

Youth Players:

Radford Sinclair (YP 2012) - He's just not good enough anymore. I might consider selling him just to free up some wages, that is if anyone wants him in the first place.

Anthony Baker (YP 2013) - He did alright. He didn't play a lot because I played with a lone striker (Cavalluzzo) because we were getting destroyed earlier in the season.

Angelo Carmelo Matheson (YP 2014) - A solid season as usual. He was consistent even though his production fell (tbf, this was a high level of competition for him and the rest of the squad)

Brian Hussein (YP 2015) - He got better as the season went on. This level is his ceiling so hopefully he can maintain this production. I might not sign him to a pro deal though, and keep him on the team on youth contract.

Enrico Cavalluzzo (YP 2017) - Only player to reach double digits in scoring. He really carried us to avoid the drop.

Niksa Cotic (YP 2018) - First youth product to not get a single game this season. We're stacked in the midfield and it'll be hard for him to make it...

Other notables:

Sasa McCallum - He's developing into a really solid player. He won't be the quickest guy, but good luck winning a battle in the air against him. Unfortunately, signing him to a Professional contract will be a pain, since he also has an agent, but hopefully both sides can agree on a fair contract that also won't handcuff us financially.

----

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

Not sure how we lost so much money during the season, but being a Professional outfit might have something to do with it. Hopefully the stadium situation gets resolved as well.

Managerial Stats

2011 Season

2012 Season

2013 Season

2014 Season

2015 Season

2016 Season

2017 Season

2018 Season

Notes/Goals for Next Season

• No idea how we average 5 less people than the 2017 season....but we could still use a new stadium. American Luis Yao is our new owner and hopefully he can fulfill the promise of a new stadium. Hopefully we can get some news in November.
  • Much of the same in the league please, although I want a top 10 ranking before the split to guarantee at least $500k in prize money, because we can certainly use the money.

Year     Division                    Tier     Position       Attendance                                              Notes
2011     St. Lawrence Soccer League     8          1st              299    Promotion, North American Amateur Cup Finalists
2012     Colonial Amateur League        7          4th              265                                          Promotion
2013     Colonial Division 2            6          8th              308                                                N/A
2014     Colonial Division 2            6         14th              282                                                N/A
2015     Colonial Division 2            6          2nd              383                               Colonial Cup Winners
2016     Colonial Division 2            6          1st              357                    Promotion, Colonial Cup Winners
2017     Colonial Premier League        5          1st              477                  Promotion, Colonial Cup Finalists
2018     USL Pro East                   4         12th              472                                           Survival

Nice work on survival :thup: How does the playoff system work in that league? I noticed that 4 of the teams have the playoff letters next to them but none of them actually got promoted, or did you just screenshot before the playoffs had been played? :D

RickyNakanoNews_Inbox-12.png

Well, that's our new stadium! The stadium capacity is 2725, which isn't bad since if we sell out the stadium, we would have the 7th largest attendance in the division. Unfortunately, we have to pay $13.5k in a loan (which isn't all that bad actually...) until October 29, 2033! Hopefully this save will last till 2033... :D

Happy it's going to be completed on New Years Day 2020. So one more year in that tiny stadium!

Nice work on survival :thup: How does the playoff system work in that league? I noticed that 4 of the teams have the playoff letters next to them but none of them actually got promoted, or did you just screenshot before the playoffs had been played? :D

Cheers Scarman.

The playoffs are (2) vs (5) and (3) vs (4), and then there's a final to determine who gets promoted. I took the screenshot before the playoffs started. :)

Cheers Scarman.

The playoffs are (2) vs (5) and (3) vs (4), and then there's a final to determine who gets promoted. I took the screenshot before the playoffs started. :)

Haha, yeah that's what I figured, but I wasn't sure if there was some playoff thing with the USL Pro West division or something :)

Markham Marauders, McCallum agree on new deal

MARKHAM - After a series of tough negotiations between the Head Coach/GM of the Markham Marauders soccer team Ricky Nakano, and Sasa McCallum and his agent Mark Rajkovic, both sides are happy to agree to a 3 year contract extension worth approximately $100,000. In the 2019 season, the defender will earn $32,500, with 10% annual wage hikes. These hikes will push the contract to about $107,575 in base salary.

With his contract set to expire at the end of the season in a month's time, Nakano and McCallum wanted to get the contract done as soon as possible. "We didn't want to drag the negotiations for a long time, because Sasa is a fantastic player and we wanted to do what's best for the team, and that's Sasa in a Markham Marauders shirt for at least the next 3 seasons."

With the recent announcement by the team to build a new stadium, this announcement of the signing of McCallum comes as another dose of good news. "It's really a good time to be a fan of the Markham Marauders soccer team," Nakano continued, "we want to build something that the fans in the Markham will love to see, and the soccer team is something I think is a must watch for fans whether they like soccer or not. We will prove on the field that we can win and play entertaining soccer at the same time."

As with Sasa, he couldn't be more thrilled with the news, "I'm really excited that my representatives and coach Nakano were able to agree to terms on a new contract. From the beginning, I knew that the organization wanted me here long term, and no matter what we were going to get this contract completed. I want to thank the Marauders coaching staff and my teammates, as well as my family and friends for all their support, because I wouldn't be here without them. "

In his career, he has had the following accomplishments:

• 2015: Shortlisted for Colonial Division 2 Defender of the Year
  • 2016: Shortlisted for Colonial Division 2 Defender of the Year (won 2016 Colonial Division 2 Defender of the Year Award)
  • 2017: Shortlisted for Colonial Premier League Defender of the Year (won 2017 Colonial Premier League Defender of the Year Award)
  • 2018: Shortlisted for USL-Pro East MVP
  • 2018: USL-Pro East Defender of the Year Runner-Up

Haha, yeah that's what I figured, but I wasn't sure if there was some playoff thing with the USL Pro West division or something :)

Most divisions have this format bar the top tier MLS, and NASL. There's also a playoff between NASL and USL so even if you win the league, you're not guaranteed promotion. :)

MarkhamMaruaders.jpg

2019 Youth Intake

No one really stood out except one, but I signed a few players anyways because I really really needed the depth...

Best of the intake:

Steve Franks (1 gold star ability/5 gold star potential) - I didn't really want another midfielder, but we got another one...he's got decent attributes. I could turn him into a centreback possibly....

Other players signed:

James Alexander (3 silver star ability/5 gold star potential) - We need another developmental 'keeper so Alexander will be the one. He's got more potential than all the other ones (for now) but he's not ready for first team action just yet.

Vincenzo Stragliotto (2.5 silver star ability/4 gold star potential) - a developmental player. Worth a punt to look at.

We also signed 3 centrebacks, with my strategy to hopefully find that 'next Sasa McCallum with better agility and acceleration and technical ability':

Kennedy Hamilton (4.5 silver star ability/4.5 gold star potential) - I think he's the most advanced of the 3 with the most potential. For a 15 year old, he has good starting attributes in tackling, marking, and jumping. His mental attributes aren't all that bad and will get better. His strength isn't a concern to me, as I had to build McCallum's strength as well and look where he is now. I don't think he will be better than McCallum physically, but he'll be better technically. His very strong left foot has also made me decide to train him as a left back.

Edis Hadziresic (4.5 silver star ability/4 gold star potential) - the #2 CB prospect that I signed this year IMO, Hadziresic is already a physical beast at 15. His mental attributes are also very very good for a 16 year old, and if he can work hard, I think he can reach his potential. A very strong right foot means he'll be trained as a right back.

Sander de Haas (2.5 silver star ability/3.5 gold star potential) - out of the 3, he might need the most development. A very aggressive 15 year old, he also has ideal jumping and heading attributes. Like the other 2, he needs to hit the weight room. He also has a PPM 'Stays at back at all times', so at least he's got the mindset that defense always comes first!

A decent season of consolidation. Lets hope the new stadium doesn't cripple the finances too much! :)

Cheers AK22. The chairman just pumped $75k in the coffers, so I think we'll be alright. I hope he injects a lot of cash over the season so we stay afloat financially... :D

Congrats on surviving! Now to establish yourself!

Also good to the US make a nice World Cup run.

Cheers. Hopefully we don't got S^3 (Second Season Syndrome).

Nice on getting the new stadium! And good as well that your Chairman is giving you money :)

Cheers cerud. I won't be too afraid of losing lots of money. I'm banking that the Chairman bails the club out every now and then. :D

Always worked for me!! :lol:

Bailed us out with another $150k. :cool:

Cameroon in the World Cup Final :D.

New football hotbed in the world!

Congrats on survival and nice to see a new stadium being built,the future is looking bright.

Cheers B.W.G, I'm certainly excited about the future. Having the potential of 5 times as much revenue from gate receipts and season ticket sales will enable us to improve facilities and keep our players who want new contracts...

great to see further progress up the tiers as well as a new stadium well on the way!

Cheers Paul. Now we just have to establish ourselves in the USL-Pro East division. We have had some very encouraging results to begin the season already. :)

Marauders, Cavalluzzo agree to new contract

MAY 29, 2019

MARKHAM - The Markham Marauders and Enrico Cavalluzzo have agreed to a 3 year contract worth $160,000. His new contract will pay him $62,000 a year, with 10% annual increases.

"We're excited to make a big investment with Cavalluzzo," head coach/GM Ricky Nakano stated, "we know this is a lot of money for a club of our caliber, but if there's anyone we would like to keep hold of at the top, Enrico would be one of those players. The development he has shown over the course of his career with us has been outstanding."

In 15 games this season, Cavalluzzo has scored 12 goals and 3 assists, leading the Markham Marauders into 5th, 11 league games into the season.

Great news.

Unfortunately, I'm way over my wage budget because of this. :D

I rejected another offer for him and his agent wanted to get a new contract so I more or less had no choice, because this same agent represents 3 of my other players and I definitely can't have a bad relationship with him.

They still need to fix agents for North America. Every time they ask for agent money, I feel as though I'm paying a bribe.

Probably best to kick up a fuss to SI or the NA head researcher (Aljarov??). Disappointing that something absolutely illegal in American sports is allowed in FM. Just signed Angelo Carmelo Matheson to a new contract as well, 73 grand a year and we're way over the budget now. I'm planning to sell him after the season though, I just wanted to keep his agent on good terms since he's representing 5 of my players now.... :(

I only don't mind now because the board will bail me out if we're in financial trouble. :D

MarkhamMaruaders.jpg

2019 Season - Markham Marauders - USL-Pro East

Standings | Past Positions | Fixtures - Overall it was a fantastic season, but a bit disappointing to miss the playoffs by 2 points. We did score a lot of goals though, but unfortunately, we also conceded a lot.

North American Open Cup - I'm happy we made to the 2nd round, but unfortunately we couldn't get past the Real Maryland Monarchs.

USL Cup - lost in the 3rd round to the Chicago Magic in an unlucky extra time.

Ontario Cup - I tanked the quarters because of a fixture congestion.

Transfers - Released some longtime players like Rotundo, Oppong, and Bishop. Also loaned out a couple players.

Squad - A decent squad, but we have a lot of holes to fill.

Youth Players:

Radford Sinclair (YP 2012) - He didn't even play much on loan. His time is done with the club. He will end his time with the Marauders with 190 appearances, 70 goals, 47 assists and a 7.06 average rating.

Anthony Baker (YP 2013) - He hasn't played much and might not bother renewing his contract.

Angelo Carmelo Matheson (YP 2014) - Unfortunately he kept complaining about a new contract and I gave it to him. I don't think he deserves it but I want to keep his agent happy. If we can get some young midfielders to take on a bigger role at the club I wouldn't mind selling him if we can get a good fee.

Brian Hussein (YP 2015) - He was injured most of the season, and he hasn't developed as well as I hoped. His days might be numbered as well.

Enrico Cavalluzzo (YP 2017) - The main scorer all season. We're really reliant on him and I hope we can give him some support because if he's not on the top of his game we don't win. I tried out Giacomi and Stillo and I'm still hoping to find someone to play up front with him.

Niksa Cotic (YP 2018) - He's in contention for a rotation spot next season, depending on the wage restructure he could start.

Steve Franks (YP 2019) - He only played in one cup game, but still hopeful of his development.

Other notables:

Sasa McCallum - Solid season, but unfortunately he got injured during the season and missed a crucial stretch. We really missed his presence when he wasn't in the lineup.

Pedro Lopez - I'm going to ride this guy without a contract as long as I can, till I got some wage budget to offer him a 5 year contract at a suitable salary.

----

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

We made a lot of money thanks to bailouts from the chairman and prize money. Of course, we're going to lose quite a lot of this money in the off-season. I want to improve youth facilities and junior coaching but we'll see what the chairman says about it...

Managerial Stats

2011 Season

2012 Season

2013 Season

2014 Season

2015 Season

2016 Season

2017 Season

2018 Season

2019 Season

Notes/Goals for Next Season

• Hopefully the new stadium will give us a lot more revenue.
  • A playoff spot would be a good goal since we were so close this season.
  • We need to get a little lucky with the youth intake...fix up the backline and/or get another good striker
  • We have some players to resign, but we need a fair deal for the club.

Year     Division                    Tier     Position       Attendance                                              Notes
2011     St. Lawrence Soccer League     8          1st              299    Promotion, North American Amateur Cup Finalists
2012     Colonial Amateur League        7          4th              265                                          Promotion
2013     Colonial Division 2            6          8th              308                                                N/A
2014     Colonial Division 2            6         14th              282                                                N/A
2015     Colonial Division 2            6          2nd              383                               Colonial Cup Winners
2016     Colonial Division 2            6          1st              357                    Promotion, Colonial Cup Winners
2017     Colonial Premier League        5          1st              477                  Promotion, Colonial Cup Finalists
2018     USL Pro East                   4         12th              472                                           Survival
2019     USL Pro East                   4          7th              476                                    Top-half finish

October 28, 2019

The Markham Marauders have resigned midfielder Josh Brown to a 4 year contract until the end of 2023. He will earn $21,000 pro-rated for the rest of the year, and will have 10% annual wage increases.

MarkhamMaruaders.jpg

2020 Youth Intake

MarkhamMaruadersYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-6.png

A lot of good long term prospects, and one very very good player. :)

Mark Lewis - Lewis is another developmental defender. Compared to my 3 prospects last year, I think he's more advanced. He can already jump very well, and solid physicals that can be improved.

Nikola Puzigaca - He's just a bit of depth since I lost a midfielder to free agency. He's just another body for 3 seasons.

Fernando Di Pietro - He has the potential to be a leading USL winger, but we'll see. He needs a lot of work...

Miomir Mitrovic - I need an extra striker, so he'll be it. He doesn't have much potential though, but he can contribute at this level.

And the Youth Player of 2020 is....

Carlos Silva - All I gotta say is WOW! And I can even confirm he did indeed sign a youth contract with us! I'm going to have to set him on a training schedule to help out with his strength, and the rest of his attributes should improve with playing time! :)

Only 2 points off a playoff spot isn't bad. Hope you're able to sign all the players you want to return.

Brown was the only player I wanted to resign so that's perfect. :)

In stadium news, construction has finally been completed! Of the 2725 seats, 681 of them are seated. Hopefully this is the start where we can continue to push up the leagues with the extra stadium revenue. I don't really intend to mount a serious challenge into the USL league just yet, as I still think we're a striker away, but this year I want playoffs!

MarkhamMaruaders.jpg

Contract Extensions:

Jan.4

Pedro Lopez has signed a new 5 year contract, worth $41,500 per year, with an annual 10% wage hike. His new contract will expire at the end of 2024.

Jan. 6

Lorenzo Colonna has signed a new 3 year contract extension worth a total of $50,000. He will earn a slight raise to $17,000 a year. His contract has a 5% annual wage increase.

Jan. 10

Enrico Cavalluzzo has signed a new 5 year contract worth $350,000. Like Lopez's contract, it will now end in 2024. I think it's a big coup for us, because his contract was set to end in 2021, and now that I can offer up 5 year contracts because of the money we have, I can just add on another 3 years with the exact same terms, just paying a minimum agent fee ($2000) to seal the deal. :)

Unfortunately though, I can't seem to resolve McCallum's contract situation, because I can't offer what he wants (and deserves). I have 70 grand in cap room too (and he only wants a $35k raise which in theory should be fine...). Stupid Matheson and his contract. :mad:

So, one more little update before I sleep:

The historic first game in our new stadium!

MarkhamMaruadersvSerbianWhiteEaglesSplitView.png

It wasn't a sellout, nor did I expect it to, but this team we're facing, the Serbian White Eagles, are a NASL team, which is the 2nd tier, and we destroyed them this match!

Tough break that you can't offer the player a contract he deserves. Would that put him out of reach for your league in general?

I think we will be okay. I have to make a tough decision though between Matheson and McCallum. And I would choose McCallum because I don't believe Matheson deserves his contract, and it was more or less forced for me. We can resign McCallum, I just need more wage budget and will probably ask later on in the year (depending on our cup runs because that's the easiest way to make some income mid-season).

Carlos Silva looks incredible! Really should develop into a star player for Canada :)

And it's always good to open a new stadium with a win, first step in making it a graveyard for teams to travel to

I agree with Scarman .

Hopefully he doesn't develop too quickly, or else I have to offer a full-time contract early and I can't keep him under control for a full 8 seasons (3 years on youth contract, and 5 year pro contract) before his second contract (because that's when they'll start asking for a lot of money!

And then our second game we squeaked out a 1-1 draw with Hamilton FC, a team below us a tier or two. :D

Not too bad ;)

Hopefully a sign of things to come!

Archived