Mr Hough FM12.2 Tactics.

OK sticking to topic of Mr Hough FM12.2 Tactics.

Dave, a big fan of your tactics for a the past few years and have been using the 12.2 tactics. Have you any updated or new tactics and if so can you please PM me a link so I can give them a go.

Thanks.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why so high closing down? My defenders are getting caught behind the strikers and i concede a lot of one on one strikes, my stoppers are Chalobah and Luiz and Mikel DMC with Chelsea

Because the high line helps the pressing game by making the pitch more compact, which in turn helps you get the ball back high up the pitch (mostly!) and get at your opponents defence quickly.

But of course its a gamble.

Because the high line helps the pressing game by making the pitch more compact, which in turn helps you get the ball back high up the pitch (mostly!) and get at your opponents defence quickly.

But of course its a gamble.

Yeah, I understand the concept, but I am asking why it was implemented here?

The first season with the original tactic I conceded 56 goals.

The second season where I trimmed the closing down I conceded 20.

As far as the people on here are concerned it's dealt with, over, finished. If anyone carries on giving you stick on here then let me know about it and I'll sort it.

Now can all posts stay on topic please :)

Yeah, I understand the concept, but I am asking why it was implemented here?

The first season with the original tactic I conceded 56 goals.

The second season where I trimmed the closing down I conceded 20.

Which team were you playing with? A lower level team may get pulled out of position too much by this much pressing. Just a thought.

Did your reduction in closing down result in less chances created?

Which team were you playing with? A lower level team may get pulled out of position too much by this much pressing. Just a thought.

Did your reduction in closing down result in less chances created?

If you counter the high closing down with a lowish mentality if will work, From the D-Line as well that will help as if you do get pulled out of position and caught on the ball at least your CB's will be in a decent position rather than too high up themselves.

working on something completly new, Well it's a 4-2-1-3 formation as i like the way it is set up.

Having some great results as Middlesbrough.

This isn't a rip of anyones tactic either and i'm willing to answer/show screens of settings to prove it!

Glad you decided to stay!

Let's everyone forgive him and move on!

Looking forward to the new tactic as always :)

Yeah me too, I think i've taken things abit to much to heart, Oh well you live and learn

I thought we were one community and to work together helping each other, keep up the great work, pity they couldn't finding away to play entrance music when the teams come onto the pitch as in real life, you could have one of your mix's as entrance music as well, loving them as well

I thought we were one community and to work together helping each other, keep up the great work, pity they couldn't finding away to play entrance music when the teams come onto the pitch as in real life, you could have one of your mix's as entrance music as well, loving them as well

Cheers pal, Working as a DJ is awesome i love it.

I'm waiting for feedback on Cleon, Hopefully she won't be long, Must be out shopping or something you know what women are like!

Anyway gonna bang some screens up very soon.

Hough is it worth waiting for your new tactic? Or should I use the tactic you linked me to the other day?

Currently at AC MILAN so i need the best 4-1-2-3/4-2-1-3 or w/e which is available :)

Hough is it worth waiting for your new tactic? Or should I use the tactic you linked me to the other day?

Currently at AC MILAN so i need the best 4-1-2-3/4-2-1-3 or w/e which is available :)

It's up to you really, i'll be posting up Screens in the next 30 minutes and whenever Cloan has chance to look over the tactic i'll post it.

It's nothing Like the Grid tactic at all because i have compared all settings and and individual instructions, I just want her to have a look for my own piece of mind thats all

Well... I've been trying out various tactics from various people lately with my lower English league save. I gave them each a good run and almost all were pretty decent, the main difference seemed to be on the defensive side of things. All other things being equal, I've decided to go with Dave's AWAY tactic from #733. I just can't find another tactic that has the same level of control defensively yet still gives my strikers enough goals for them to wear bizarrely coloured boots without looking complete prats. Using it for all matches, home and away, I don't really find any of my attacking play stifled, yet it dramatically reduces the opportunities the opposition gets with the home version.

Rekoil (currently listening to Mr H's Last Orders mix... tuuuune)

I'm waiting for feedback on Cleon, Hopefully she won't be long, Must be out shopping or something you know what women are like!

Anyway gonna bang some screens up very soon.

I can't check anything I don't have FM with me and wont do for a while, I'm in the middle of moving home.

Surely you should know yourself if its a completley different tactic you want to post about?

I can't check anything I don't have FM with me and wont do for a while, I'm in the middle of moving home.

Surely you should know yourself if its a completley different tactic you want to post about?

Yeah i get what your saying i'll just post it. It's completly different.

I'm sure it will, Tactic is working extreamly well

Glad to hear m8! Looking forward to give it a big try!

Also very good news you're not departing from FM (or the community). You're one of the reasons that I enjoy FM (too) much throughout the past years.

Glad to hear m8! Looking forward to give it a big try!

Also very good news you're not departing from FM (or the community). You're one of the reasons that I enjoy FM (too) much throughout the past years.

I was abit rash really in my thinking, At the end of the day i made a atupid mistake, One i certainly won't do again.

I was abit rash really in my thinking, At the end of the day i made a atupid mistake, One i certainly won't do again.

Only top blokes understand when they make a mistake, apologize, and move on to prove everyone what they're capable of! I know many who would just run away and disappear in the darkness.

also nice the way SI (cleon) handled this.

Now blow away the community with another mindblowing tactic! :D

Only top blokes understand when they make a mistake, apologize, and move on to prove everyone what they're capable of! I know many who would just run away and disappear in the darkness.

also nice the way SI (cleon) handled this.

Now blow away the community with another mindblowing tactic! :D

She is a little Superstar (Cleon) I think i will to be fair, Smashing in the goals and keeping clean sheets are 'Boro, It's all you can ask for really.

Cleon is a woman aswell?! I have only just managed to comprehend that TheBetterHalf is female too.....

Clearly men are deemed incapable to run these forums..perhaps rightly so lol :p

Anyway, Hough how's your testing coming along? any unforeseen issues?

Cleon is a woman aswell?! I have only just managed to comprehend that TheBetterHalf is female too.....

No problems that i can see at the minute.

Should be available to download tomorrow

Common mistake, a lot of people still don't realise that Paul can be short for Pauline and are therefore pretty shocked when they meet Paul Collyer for the first time

I'm sure it will be a nice tactic. I even hope it's rocking as hell, so that all the fuss (not tactic-maker fuss :D) will disappear.

*poof* he's gone

wait no, im still here...some sort of misunderstanding perhaps :D

I just want to say following Lionel Messi's 82nd goal this season...no one can complain about how super tactics which make your striker score 50+ goals is cheating.

As you can see FM clearly reflects real life football.......

haha:P

1-0 with 7 ccc's is good enough for me .......

That's what I care about too. The CCCs!

All tactics will score goals because players can score goals, especially if you have players like aguero who can dribble his way to goal or ronaldo who can shoot from distance. What matters is whether the tactic can actually create clear chances rather than players taking it upon themselves to fashion out an impossible goal single-handedly.