Mr Hough FM12.2 Tactics.

the 2 forwards are set to swap places is their a significant benefit of this cause i normally try to use a left footed as my left forward and a right footed forward as my right forward but obviously they are being switched by the tactic?

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2 forwards are set to swap places is their a significant benefit of this cause i normally try to use a left footed as my left forward and a right footed forward as my right forward but obviously they are being switched by the tactic?

The opposition struggles to man mark ST who swap positions, Thats all really.

First games I tried these two new ones, and got two draws, one at home and one away. But also won 4-1 away against Napoli i my CL-group for example. But I am to afraid to continue with them, so I am back to 4-1-1-2-2. But what if you change that to 4-1-3-2, which means moving offensive wingers to ML and MR. for away games? Do you think it would work MR. H ?

Yeah i think that will work.

The advantage of having ML and MR to AML and AMR is tracking back and defending, The ML and MR and more likely to defend better and close down better because they are in that position, Regardless of the Players mentality.

Having and AMR and AML highly benefits attack because they are there waiting to attack rather than be in your half defeding like an MR and ML would be.

Try it though see how you get on.

Mr Hough what do you do as far as left/right footed forward, with strikers swapping sides, do you put them on opposite to their prefered foot so they switch back on to prefered side or do u start them on thier prefered side, ie left footed striker as STRC so he switches onto the left side, hope what im asking is clear and not too confusing

Mr. Hough what kind of match prep would you recommend to your 4-1-2-2-1 and 4-1-1-2-2 tactics? Defensive positioning or Teamwork?

These two were always defensive positioning. I was running 4-1-2-2-1 for a long time, and Mr H would always recommend defensive positioning on average workload. I have the same tactic, but instead of the AML and AMR I move them back to ML and MR making it a 4-1-4-1, I only used that on away games. DC and MC's were all on zonal marking.

As for the two new tactics, I used them in my quarter final against DC Santos Lagunda (I may have misspelled the last name there) and lost 4-1 away and drew 1-1 home, losing on aggregate 5-1, so that was disappointing. The play at home was much better than the play away, Santos totally dominated me in every respect, I even conceded an own goal by Soares from a Santos corner. Very disappointing bit of play that was, he would normally never do that kind of thing, because he is nearly a 5 star DC.

However, in friendlies I drew FC Lorient 4-4 at home, drew Atlas 4-4 at home, and Anderlecht was 4-4 (sorry on mispelling) so, not much to write home about, however the team just got done with the match prep after the last friendly, and I'll reserve judgement until the 10 game mark. So, hopefully these two tactics will get me MLS glory, and hopefully a second US Cup. NACL is tough because the US plays against much better Mexican competition, so my aspirations for that is and has always been quarter finals (board always expects at least quarter finals).

The friendlies are ok, I always find that having draws are better than losses, but I like to think I ought to be doing better. Those teams I played, with the exception of Atlas, were larger rep teams, so I should be happy with the draws. The Atlas result bugs me because they are a similar rep team.

Have just played a complete season with the new tactics. Managing Lincoln City in the BSP and have just finished in top spot. Tactics worked well for me, but you must have good defenders and as with previous tactics DR and DL need high pace and positioning as I found out pretty soon on!

Final league figures;

P46 W32 D5 L9 GF105 GA58 GD+47

Scoring was not a problem. I had Pablo Counago and Ryan Taylor upfront for nearly every game of the season, finished as the top 2 scorers in the league. Defensively I found that we conceded an awful lot of goals, especially away from home. However, I persevered and resisted the temptation to change and in the end we held out until the end of the season. I will admit though that my defence was not great and this shows.

All in all though an excellent tactic, bring on League 2! :D

Ok, my report after 10 games:

Anderlecht home game drew 4-4 in a friendly. They are a larger rep team than mine.

Atletico Mineiro home game loss 1-2 friendly. They too are a larger rep team than mine.

DC Santos Laguna Away game NACL Qtr Final Leg 1, lost 1-4. I presume this is a very good Mexican team, because they tore my team apart.

DC Santo Laguna Home game NACL Qtr Final Leg 2, Drew 1-1 lost on aggregate. Like I stated above, this is a very good team, and they even dominated me in this game. I'm happy to get to the Quarter Finals, but I feel like the quality on the team should have advanced to the Semi Final, just bad luck and the match prep had yet to be fully realized.

FC Lorient Home game, Friendly dew 1-1 Same rep team I believe, or larger rep, still a decent result.

Atlas Home game, Friendly drew 4-4. I believe they were same rep or larger. I am disappointed in this result, I feel I should have won that game.

Rayo Home game, Friendly won 3-1. This was a larger rep team and we beat them pretty handily. After the Atlas game, the Match Prep was good, nearly full, and this was the result of it.

Chivas USA, Home game MLS Reg Season, Won 7-1. Both strikers got hat tricks, was a brilliant game.

New York Home game MLS Reg Season, Won 2-0. This was a Rivalry game, we dominated the game, just unlucky on a few attempts.

Chicago Away game MLS Reg Season, Won 5-2. This was another Rivalry game and totally out matched Chicago. They got one of the two goals on a fabulous cross between 3 of my defenders. One of the strikers got a Hat Trick.

I am very pleased so far in the first 10 games with the only glaring issue coming during the NACL Qtr Final games, I feel that with the quality of the team I really should have put in a much better show of it than what I did. I lambasted the team afterwards, and they all got very motivated after that, not a single player was upset at the lambasting. So, I knew it was a player issue, they just didn't perform. It could have been the over 2k miles they had to travel for the first game, a Santos home game, and then the 2k miles back to our home stadium.

Mr. H I feel these two tactics so far work very well, with my best results coming in the regular season, with 14 goals for and only 3 conceded, I'm the best in the MLS at the moment (season is still young though). I'm hoping an English, German, or French team asks me for a contract after this season, but I will wait for that until I've won the MLS Cup at least once. I'm expecting my second US Cup this season, with an MLS Cup as well otherwise the season would be for naught. As long as the US Cup remains mine again, I'll be satisfied with how the team performed.

this formation doesnt seem to work if you go on holiday

Where to even start with a comment like that...I do have a fix though, take your head and remove it from your rectum ;)

Seriously though, the tactic might be doing brilliantly on holiday - how do you know it isn't the fault of the team talks being done? or the lack of a manager? or that your assistants reputation isn't good enough? or that team moral is down? or that an individual is causing dressing room problems because he's unhappy?

Bottom line - if you aren't managing your team, how do you possibly know the tactic is at fault for a poor result? You cant!

This is really rather good. Just finished 6th with Ipswich in my first season in the Prem.

3rd highest scorers in the league; but sort of middle of the table in terms of goals conceded. I found the tactics don't really work against the top sides - don't think I beat any of the five sides above me all season. It can be a little bit leaky so I might adopt a new tactic next season to play against the big sides.

Essentially this is counter-attacking at its finest though. Its rare for me to have 45%+ possession in a game yet I create chances galore.

This is really rather good. Just finished 6th with Ipswich in my first season in the Prem.

3rd highest scorers in the league; but sort of middle of the table in terms of goals conceded. I found the tactics don't really work against the top sides - don't think I beat any of the five sides above me all season. It can be a little bit leaky so I might adopt a new tactic next season to play against the big sides.

Essentially this is counter-attacking at its finest though. Its rare for me to have 45%+ possession in a game yet I create chances galore.

It could also be quality of players. I have mostly 4 to 4 1/2 star players with pretty darn good stats for my New England team (MLS). I notice during games that if I have players out there that are below 3 stars in rating, they struggle with actually playing the game.

I'm sure you are doing the normal things we all do when it comes to managing, but I make sure the morale is high, and I get rid of dead weight and head hunt for great talent that I can afford. When I off load dead weight, I'll either sell them, or transfer them gaining a player of equal quality in return. I also use a a very awesome assistant manager Graham Kavanagh, who by himself, ensures the morale is at it's top.

Also, my team isn't a top team in the MLS either. Every year we are predicted to be bottom feeders, and every year we are in either the Qtr Final or Semi Final. I'm on pace to win the MLS and on pace to win my second US Cup in a row. You have to ensure you are using away tactic when on away games, and home tactic when at home or it'll be bad results.

What do you mean 'home tactic' and 'away tactic'?

I was praising this anyway - I just came 6th with Ipswich in my first Prem season! The only thing that is inconsistent is a) the defence and b) results against the top teams.

Oh I don't mean to take anything away from your accomplishment, I do apologize if it came off that way.

There are two tactics that Mr. H released, one is the home tactic, the other is the away tactic. You use the home tactic when at home, and the away tactic when at away games, that's what I meant.

Los Angeles is the top team in the MLS, and I got a draw against them. In all respects I should have won, because I was pretty dominate, the players just didn't perform for one reason or another. It does work well against top teams, but I think it's dependent on whether the players show up to play.

The funny thing is, in my last 3 seasons (I'm in 2027 btw) I got 3 different teams, and there are so much regens in the game, that I got bored pretty fast with them. Plus that home and away tactic it is even more boring, it is blitzing the opponnent everytime and often already in the 1st 5 minutes of a match. So I holidayed almost every match except above the quarter finals of a cup, (changed for home and away games obv.) or the last 5 league games if I'm not already champions, which is very seldom. In 2 seasons of the 3 I got the treble, in the other the double... So you just don't do a thing in FM other than plug the tactic in, or you won't ever get success because with any tactic because you don't have any clue :applause:

After 25 games, I finally lost a game to Los Angeles Galaxy, a rival to my New England Revolution side. The main reason for the loss would be a fitness issue that was the result of having to play 6 games in a row with only 2 days of rest between them, and having 3 of my starting 11 called up to the USA National team, 2 for Ghana, 1 for Qatar, and another for Morocco. So, I can honestly state that the tactics work, for me at least, but tactics can only get so far. They are merely an aid for the team, because the players themselves have to be able to perform effectively against the competition they face.

So for those that are getting results they don't care for, I would not blame the tactics, I would look toward the players ability and fitness. Fixing the situation so that your talent is equal or better than the competition they face would be good, and making sure the team work match prep is on average. Once the match prep is full and your players can compete, you should see very good results.

I went on a 34 or so game win streak with a 20 game shutout streak where I didn't allow a single goal in 20 games. I'm very happy with the tactics, and wanted to share my 25 game experience.

Was getting bored after taking Derby County to 6 successive titles using Cena v the rock so decided to give this a whirl using a new team . resigned from Derby and took over newly promoted Everton , first season finished 5th and since then had 2 titles , 2 FA Cups , 1 League Cup and Community Shield . I get the occassional mauling against a top team and a frustrating draw or two against lesser sides but all in all a great pair of tactics . Just started a new season with a Community Shield win 3-0 against Chelsea and a 6-0 league win against Man Utd

Im nearly half way into my second season as manager of Linense, using one of the tika taka tactics. We have one of the worst squads and was finding that although we were mid table in the Adelante (won 2B quite easily first season) we were not dominating games as before. So Ive decided tor un two parallel games, one with the tika taka tactic and one with Daves new tactics. I have no control over pitch size as we are sharing a ground as ours is seated and my squad has two many normal CMs and not enough STs in it. Also the team is used to the tika taka.

One game so far.. away at league leaders Alcoyano.... tika taka won 2-0, daves won 2-1... both good results. Will run both for ten games and Ill let you know.

Here is my New Home and Away Tactic Set.

Home tactic is used solely for Home games and Away Tactic is used for all away games and if 'YOU' feel you need some extra protection at Home use the away tactic.

here is something i have been doing at home, If i have a good lead like 3/4-0 i change to the away tactic to make sure i don't concede, Now this don't work all the time but alot of the time it does make sure i don't concede and also adds a few goals too.

Be careful if you do this though because it can backfire and invite more pressure onto you.

I have been using Match Prep 'Teamwork' i used to use Defensive Positioning but i have found that Team work is best for overall Match Prep

I don't follow any particular Team Talks, All i do and this has worked for me is Simple, Hire an Assistant Coach that has high 'Motivation' 'Man Management' 'Discipline' and 'Determination'

Minimum Pitch Size

I'm not sure if there is any other information i can give.

Enjoy the tactic's

HOME TACTIC

http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/66535381/file.html

AWAY TACTIC

http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/67812193/file.html

I'll upload some screens later on tonight. I'll also do some fresh player Filters and Put them up

you not gonna put this on the front OP Dave?

ManchesterUnitedFixtures_Fixtures.png

WayneRooneyOverview_Attributes.png

Using the 41221 version with zonal marking CB's and its is mind blowingly good really enjoy the way they work the ball around and the ease of which they defend. Granted I am using Man Utd I joined them in the 3rd season after winning everything with wolves and the FuSStidious tactic. I normally only use fuss for the last two seasons really but wanted a formation like this and it is simply fantastic.

Only thing is I do score alot of corners I think I have only won 2 games due to corners though so not a great amount really.

The draw was really annoying I have to say also. Wolves were my old team and are easily pushing for champions league still, I was 3-0 up in the 80th minute and used all my subs fabio got injured. i Moved my DMC to LB and left the formation to look like 4221 so the norm without the DMC, they scored 3 goals in the last 10 minutes and ruined my day :(

Mr. Hough, I want you to be aware of that your Boots to Asses with defensive tweaks tactic is still by far the best tactic for 12.2.2.

I started a new save with Swansea and look what happened on the first official game of my save with the original Swansea squad.

32zi4w2.png

nyzihd.png

I also believe that my team talk before the game affected the result.

before game : assertive - go out there and impress me.

half time: assertive - I'm happy with your performance so far, keep it up.

Mr. Hough, I want you to be aware of that your Boots to Asses with defensive tweaks tactic is still by far the best tactic for 12.2.2.

I started a new save with Swansea and look what happened on the first official game of my save with the original Swansea squad.

32zi4w2.png

nyzihd.png

I also believe that my team talk before the game affected the result.

before game : assertive - go out there and impress me.

half time: assertive - I'm happy with your performance so far, keep it up.

Is that the tactic from FM 11; the 4-1-2-2-1?

Mr.Hough...anything new in the pipeline?

Or at least which tactic of those released on this forum are you now having success with?

I'm looking at getting out a 4-1-2-3 just testing it at the minute

Testing in the new tactic is going very well. I am currently testing with Everton and it's a 4-1-2-3 formation.

I have been changing it to a 4-2-1-3 formation with 2 DM's and 1 CM against sides that are playing with more that 1 AMC. Working well

I am currently 7 Points Clear in the League after 13 games Won 10 drawn 3.