Mr Hough FM12.2 Tactics.

Brilliant tactic Mr Hough! This is a very good tactic if you follow the OP instructions. I had pace in defence and had match prep as defensive positioning all season which worked as you can see from the below. Even though the tactic plays with one striker they score plenty of goals! I rotated my whole team and as you can see my two main strikers had great seasons! 38 Goals for one striker and 39 goals for the other!

I used Juventus and won the double in my first season, spent 12m but had some good players anyway. In the league we scored 112 goals and let in 30 goals. We went unbeaten for 30 games and only lost 2 games all season. Have to say the is probably the best tactic I have used on FM12, so again well done.

See below for pictures of my game!

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2816/juventusdoublewinners2.png

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/26/juventusfixtures1.png

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4199/juventusfixtures2.png

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7991/juventusfixtures3.png

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4528/juventusleaguetable.png

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3184/quagliarellar.png

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3605/vucinic.png

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8000/napolivjuventus.png

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6392/cesenavjuventus.png

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6104/juventusvlazio.png

Nice one well done, I am also using his tactic with bolton at the moment but struggling a little as my defense is pretty slow! i take it that is the absolute requirement for the success of this tactic?? I usually hate doing the offside trap and push up as i feel you will get spanked 4 or 5 nil away as the strikers always seem to take advantage of this so i am trying to get my head around it but not doing too well at the moment :( p.s where did you get your skin mate??

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one well done, I am also using his tactic with bolton at the moment but struggling a little as my defense is pretty slow! i take it that is the absolute requirement for the success of this tactic?? I usually hate doing the offside trap and push up as i feel you will get spanked 4 or 5 nil away as the strikers always seem to take advantage of this so i am trying to get my head around it but not doing too well at the moment :( p.s where did you get your skin mate??

Yes fast defenders are a must. My two centre defenders were 14/14 Pace & Acceleration and 15/14. The two fullbacks were 13/14 but Grosso at leftback was 10/9 and he seemed to do ok but the fast defenders got better ratings. Pace and dribbling on the wings is needed as they often run at the other team.

The skin is DAZ8 I think, im sure he has his own website where you can download.

I little unluck

stockportvhinckleyinfor.png

hinckleyunitedfixturesf.png

Not a very useful test in any way. I also don't condone discussing other peoples tactics in somebody else's thread, it annoys the crap outta me and I'm sure it does Dave too.

Latest Tactic Still testing but check this Result out....

middlesbrough61teams.jpg

middlesbrough61.jpg

I am still testing this tactic but this against a more or less full Strengh Man City side, I'm in 1st season aswell

Yes Hough UTB!!! I have got us top of Championship with 6 games to go in first season using the tactic in the OP which has been great, bit nervous about Premiership footie next season but on this evidence i should give a good account and be able to build a squad when Premiership money starts rolling in. Keep up the good work!

started a new game with newcastle and first game of season was away to united, beat them 3-0 with 7cccs to there 2. will upload screenshots later, this is with daves new tactic im testing it. its a 4-2-3-1 with CM.

started a new game with newcastle and first game of season was away to united, beat them 3-0 with 7cccs to there 2. will upload screenshots later, this is with daves new tactic im testing it. its a 4-2-3-1 with CM.

i though he was using a 442 ? :s

I started using this tatic and after the pre season i bet Man City in the community shield 7-2! Cant complain, only lost one game so far as i had an under strenght side due to injuries and lack of fitness and got beat 3-1 by liverpool who have cavanni!

I honestly think that in this version of the game, more so in the latest patch that more than a single tactic is required and the era of lazy players such as myself and others who simply come here and download tactics knowing that they'll see us through the years seems to be over :(

Every tactic I've tried from this board which is awesome to begin with eventually becomes useless usually after ten league matches if I play as a top team, or if I'm lucky a few more, 20 or so.

I think the future may be for people to create and upload multiple successfult tactics to keep the ai guessing. More realistic for sure but also a massive pain in the :eek:

I honestly think that in this version of the game, more so in the latest patch that more than a single tactic is required and the era of lazy players such as myself and others who simply come here and download tactics knowing that they'll see us through the years seems to be over :(

Every tactic I've tried from this board which is awesome to begin with eventually becomes useless usually after ten league matches if I play as a top team, or if I'm lucky a few more, 20 or so.

I think the future may be for people to create and upload multiple successfult tactics to keep the ai guessing. More realistic for sure but also a massive pain in the :eek:

do you keep just the one tactic in ur match prep?i would advice you to keep the previous 4-1-1-2-2 and the 4-1-2-3 by mr.hough in ur arsenal.i have them and this one with my defensive tweaks from before and its going great.here are some pictures from someone who put in my defensive tweaks at fmbase.

I can't seen to upload the screenshots so that you guys could have a look,well it basically had un unbeaten season,with opposition hardly creating a lot in the matches.like the previous tweak.

Anyways,this tactic in itself has the tweaks,so you could just try and put the cd to zonal marking,that helps as well.

Hi Hough.

First of all, thanks for a great tactic, looking forward for your next one, it looks promising.

I want to ask you how you make your corner tactic? I can't get all my players to lurk, if i try they just switch role, with one of the other players?

Thank :)

I'm very lazy. I would like to post up several screens and stories about how amazing your tactic has been for my Everton save Mr Hough, but i can't be assed. All i'll do is just throw this one up -

wow-2.jpg

(If you can't see it, that's beating Barcelona 8-2 on aggregate)

None of the goals were from Corners. I think this also proves that with this new tactic, the lone striker doesn't have to be a mobile one (Cardozo has 9-11 for all speed stats). Also, just beat Real Madrid 1-2 at the Bernebau. Fantastic!

Fantastic tactic Mr Hough. Can't see why you'd want to work on a new one!

My 1st season with Wolves, managed to win the Premiership and the FA cup!

Only changes I made to the orginal tactic posted was I switched the 2 MC to zonal marking.

For those interested in what teamtalks I used I brought in a new assistant manager (Al Stewart) and mostly followed his advice. I change it when he says to say nothing even when we've won, I always tell my players it was a good result if they win. I also tell 1st 11 players assertive, not happy when their halftime or full time ratings are 6.4 or below. When looking for a new ass man, knowing I wanted him to do the team talks I looked for high man management, motivation and determination, I don't care if he's currently an ass man or not. Al Stewart was currently a youth team coach.

I also replaced all my coaches with the best I could get for each category, 1 coach per 1 category.

Have to say I disagree with people saying without the corner tactic it wouldn't be a good tactic, I've scored a few from corners but I'd say I won maybe 2-3 games because of corners, not that many really.

Here are the screenies -

LeagueTable.png

WolvesTransfers_History.png

WolverhamptonWanderersTactics_Overview.png

I've been switching between this and Fusstidious to get my Crawley team into the premier league in consecutive season, amazing acheivement, but now I am there I am being murdered most weeks. I find myself in 15th position cant score, cant keep the opp team out at all, nothing seems to work, am I just a victim of my own early success? might I have to put up with a couple of shocking years if i manage to stay up until I can rebuild the squad? Any thoughts? Cheers.

I've been switching between this and Fusstidious to get my Crawley team into the premier league in consecutive season, amazing acheivement, but now I am there I am being murdered most weeks. I find myself in 15th position cant score, cant keep the opp team out at all, nothing seems to work, am I just a victim of my own early success? might I have to put up with a couple of shocking years if i manage to stay up until I can rebuild the squad? Any thoughts? Cheers.

I'd grab your team by the scruff of the neck and deliver some team-talks and player-talks asap. It's very easy as a small team in the prem to get stuck in a downward spiral. This isn't necessarily anything to do with the tactic, it could have been a single piece of bad luck that caused you to loose the first game and it's forcing out a result to get things moving in the right direction again that separates good managers from the great.

Motivate your team, turn it around and alter your tactic to grind out a win, then switch back and enjoy the good times.

I'll be back in my thread...

"Only changes I made to the orginal tactic posted was I switched the 2 MC to zonal marking."

2 MC or 2CB?

Is it better changing the 2 MC to zone marking?

2MC, it worked better for me, can't say other than that as I only changed it with this save

Its great to see that the Majority is really enjoying this tactic, I however think this tactic is OK, Not as good as previous tactics, My next one however the 4-2-3-1 is in my Opinion better.

I'm gonna let a couple of people test it tomorrow and see what the general Feedback is.