Mr Hough FM12.2 Tactics.

Mr Hough, thanks for the great tactic. Won the 2014 World Cup using this. Although i wish there was a defensive tactic that i could switch to hold onto a result. Been conceding regularly in the final few minutes.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Testing my Latest one, It's either gonna be a 4-2-2-2 with Advanced Wingers or a 4-2-2-2 with wingers in the MR ML position.

I have found it to be more defensive with the wingers back in the MR ML position but it loses the attacking play slightly.

With the wingers in the Advanced position it's Incredible attacking but can become unstable in defence, I'll actually proberly release both version's with using the defensive one as a close out game tactic.

Another thing i have noticed is that the opposition will have alot of shots if they aren't creative on the ball, I have played games and teams have had say 14-17 shots but 80% have been from long range - I put this down to the fact my defence is banked up and they can't get through so the only option is to shoot. Having a keeper with High Arial Ability and Agility will help though.

Hi Mr Hough

If you can get that to work, you could have a very good formation on your hands. I think there is a love for two striker tactics - but the game mostly seems to favour the lone man up front.

I also like the idea of realeasing two versions. Whilst there still seems to be some success for individual 'plug and play', the option to have a more defensive version for playing big teams, away games or shut up shop requirements seems to be more useful in this version. Fuss's 4-4-2 had a useful more defensive tweak added and I think a number of users regularly switch between the two depending on the game situation.

Hope your testing goes well.

Hi Mr Hough

If you can get that to work, you could have a very good formation on your hands. I think there is a love for two striker tactics - but the game mostly seems to favour the lone man up front.

I also like the idea of realeasing two versions. Whilst there still seems to be some success for individual 'plug and play', the option to have a more defensive version for playing big teams, away games or shut up shop requirements seems to be more useful in this version. Fuss's 4-4-2 had a useful more defensive tweak added and I think a number of users regularly switch between the two depending on the game situation.

Hope your testing goes well.

I've been using the advanced winger for Home matches and the ML MR version for away games - Regardless of opposition, Seems to be working well at the minute

I've been using the advanced winger for Home matches and the ML MR version for away games - Regardless of opposition, Seems to be working well at the minute

Mr Hough, do you use ML MR version to hold out a win at home?

TBH, my style is the 41221, it just fits the way I want my players to play. Now, I will switch it up and put the AML and AMR into the ML and MR slots (I have players that can play both roles). Away games I use the ML and MR scheme, and I get good results out of it, however I switch it up on the road and will use the AML and AMR, and I also switch it up mid game as well just to trick the other team. It works.

Also, I have found that having the two DC's and the two MC's on zonal really helps the defense, at least on my Basingstoke Town side. I may switch the MC's back to man, but atm it is working pretty well. I will probably continue on this trend for the rest of my footballing. I really prefer 1 striker and in every tactic I myself tried to make, I always used a DMC simply because I'm defensive minded.

I would upload more screenshots but I'm too lazy to put them all on internets, so bear with me.

It's December 2016 in my game. Last season I've finished with 29 wins and 1 draw, conceding less than 10 goals, and scoring 120 or so (don't quite remember, as it was previous season). My top striker, Javier Orozco, scored 75 goals in all competitions, with 50 of them in the league. My team is without a doubt best in the league by far, but I'm having success in europe too. I've met Bayern again, and after two trashings I gave them last time, I was hoping to repeat that (screens from that are a few pages back). Easy 2:0; 4:1. The rest of my CL group (Sporting and Panathinaikos) were decimated by me, and as such I easily got promoted from group stage. Not getting to at least semi final would be a disaster at this point. Most of my first team players are young, and will not bloom for the next 3 seasons or so anyway. Imagine the power I'll get.

I never had any ******** like "January syndrome", or "tactic stops working omgwtfbbq", nothing like that. If I happen to lose a game, my players get right back up, and morale is always high.

All this with a mid-rep team (three gold stars), from a mid-rep league (also three stars), and with the latest 41122 tactic. This thing is not worse than Fuss's 442, and I like the formation more. I'm hoping Mr Hough can come up with a similar tactic, but with 41131 formation. That would be the last thing I need before FM13 heh.

So, don't worry Mr H. Some people know how to play this game and your tactic is making it easy. Good job and keep it up.

Serek, funny enough you mention the morale after a loss. I'm experiencing the exact same type of thing with the 41221 tactic, morale is always very high, and they don't seem to break down at all in that area, which really surprised me. I do have an assistant coach that I lean on from time to time for team talks, I think that might have more to do with it than the tactic.

They do play very good football with the 41221 from my experience and I'm playing with a team from the BSS (Blue Square South). I also want to give Mr. Hough my congrats as well, because his tactics have seen me through many games of FM, from 2010 to today. I'm not much of a tactician myself to be able to make these, and it is very appreciative that we have people like you Mr. H that take time to create and even perfect these tactics. Very good work.

Team talks are the key. If they react well, the only way your morale could possibly get destroyed is if you lose a few games in a row. Obviously that's assuming they're not unhappy for other reasons, like wanting to leave the team.

This tactic is completely rocking for me. The football played by my team is fantastic!!!

But I'm considering removing the corner bug setup, as it is totally unrealistic. After 10 matches I have 30 goals, 13 coming from corners. My top scorer has 17 goals (13 from corners!!!!)!!!! The second team in the «goals from corners» table has 4... :p really feels like cheating.

This tactic is completely rocking for me. The football played by my team is fantastic!!!

But I'm considering removing the corner bug setup, as it is totally unrealistic. After 10 matches I have 30 goals, 13 coming from corners. My top scorer has 17 goals (13 from corners!!!!)!!!! The second team in the «goals from corners» table has 4... :p really feels like cheating.

Glad it's working for you my mate, What tactic are you using the 4-1-2-2-1 or the 4-1-1-2-2.

Using the tctic in OP with changes to DC and MC marking as suggested and as Sheffield United am in third in PL with 9 games to go In CL I beat Barca 4-0 at home PSG 5-0 home and 5-2 away and Panithkianos 8-0 at home and 5-0 away.

This tactic is still working for me Cheers Mr Hough!

4-1-2-2-1 is really good for the big teams on the other hand Mr Hough have you a tactics which works for the small teams?

4-1-2-2-1 does work for small teams, or teams that are in a lower division. The football played will not match the larger rep teams, but they play much better than the other teams in their division. I used this tactic with Basingstoke, Havant and W, and a few other teams of that caliber and was always in the top of the table.

I am now playing with the New England Revolution, and the ball playing is so much better than I've seen with those smaller rep teams. So the ball play simply is better at the top flight teams, but your team will play better than the others around you in your table with any team. The key thing you want to look for is the right players. Make sure you have players in those positions that have the attributes that match the position you are looking for. Putting better players in will make the play look absolutely fantastic.

Also, make sure your DC's and MC's are all on zonal marking. My players when I took over were all 6.5 avg for those positions, after the first 10 or so games, my entire defense is all over 7.0, and all the MC players are over 7.0, DM is over 7.0. I thought about putting the DM at zonal as well, because I've noticed that he losses CON sort of fast, but that might be because I have a DM with not so good Stamina.

Also, make sure you check your fullbacks, because for some reason when I loaded up the tactic I noticed that one of the fullbacks marking was switched off, causing that player to lose CON extremely fast because he wasn't in the right marking. It was happening in every game and the fullback spot there I was going through the main player and his backup really fast and couldn't figure it out until I saw that. After I set the tick back on the marking and made sure it was correct marking, that position's stamina and con were equal to that of the other fullback that had the right ticks on.

I do not understand the corner bug, and I do see my team scoring more than anyone else in the league on corners, but this year I've been seeing a lot of goals from corners this season in a lot of leagues, so I'm keeping it in. Also, most of my goals are not coming from corners. My striker had 27 goals, and I can say that only 7 were from corners. I think that is reasonable based off real world stats.

I have been absent from the forums for abit because i have been testing my New Tactic, The tactic is a 4-2-2-2 formation.

I have so far tested with Middlesbrough Tottenham and Lastly Crewe.

Middlesbrough - My test was a Simple one, I had a decent Squad but improved it with a few Free Signings, The test was easy Going unbeaten in 18 Games, I would Show Screens but accidently copied over the Save, Doh!

Tottenham - They have a really Good squad with the formation i play, Again it was too easy going unbeaten in the first 10 games of the test and with me leading the scoring and least conceded charts.

Crewe - This the test i am pleased with most, I started my Game Unemployed and went on holiday untill someone came in for me, That was Crewe who where sitting in 24th position in League 2 and Morale was Absymal for almost every player. Quite a challenge.

Well not really, I started using my New 4-2-2-2 and have steadied the ship so far to a Respecable 9th place, Only 6 points of the leader. I have only played 10 games as Crewe in the league i have won 8 and drawn 2 lost 0.

I even beat Oldham who are a league above me 2-0 in the F.A. Cup.

CreweMagic.jpg

I have encountered some issues when the opposition player with 1 or 2 AMC's i have a 4-1-2-2-1 formation though to counter that, All i have done is change the formation and Player Settings so it suits a 4-1-2-2-1 More but so far so good.

I'm Gonna test with other Sides and Hopefully get Both this 4-2-2-2 and 4-1-2-2-1 at the weekend.

Good news Mr Hough - looking at those results I bet the Crewe fans were somewhat happier!

Will you test it through to the end of the season? Always reassuring to get over that cursed new year blip. Is it right to assume that the formation has two MC rather than 2 DMC? German teams love their AMC, so the 4-1-2-2-1 sounds good too. How is it different from your older tactic with the same formation?

All the best with your testing.

Good news Mr Hough - looking at those results I bet the Crewe fans were somewhat happier!

Will you test it through to the end of the season? Always reassuring to get over that cursed new year blip. Is it right to assume that the formation has two MC rather than 2 DMC? German teams love their AMC, so the 4-1-2-2-1 sounds good too. How is it different from your older tactic with the same formation?

All the best with your testing.

I'll test for as long as i feel it needs it.

If you have tried my 'I'm mr Hough and I'm Awesome' tactic from FM11 - It is very similar to that

The tactic emplys 2 DM's for Protection of the defence

Tactic is 90% ready just testing different D-Line at the minute - I find that with a High D-line the pressure keeps on the attack but if you have a slow defence then the opposition tends to play the long ball often over the top. Finding the balance between these is what i am trying to do now.

Tactic is 90% ready just testing different D-Line at the minute - I find that with a High D-line the pressure keeps on the attack but if you have a slow defence then the opposition tends to play the long ball often over the top. Finding the balance between these is what i am trying to do now.

So why not play with a high D-Line and just sign fast defenders as a requirement?

****Update on Crewe****

When i took over they where sat in 24th position after 10 games - We have now played 23 games in the league and i am currently in 3rd place 2 points of top - I haven't lost yet in all competions.

In all competions i have played 15 games won 11 and drawn 4 scored 40 and conceded 10.

I am very happy with this as i wanna get some players in but haven't been able so my squad is down to the barebones - I upload screens tomorrow.