• SI Staff

Do you rotate your squad at all? Playing the same eleven players week-in week-out will make them become jaded and they won't be at full condition for every match. As a personal rule of thumb I always say over 90% condition and they're OK to play, sometimes even higher if I have a bigger squad.

Yeh you definatelty need to rotate charlie.

As a rule for me if i have a big squad i ll only play if there above 95%. Also i find that players will recover with 4days between games. if its down to 3 or even two you need to look in advance of the games you want your better players to play. tip maybe to sub better players around the 60 minute mark if you have a game 3 days away, that will then make sure he is ready for that game.

Better still if you can assemble a large squad that as a player average standard that are very close you can always alternate between games. When im playing as man utd or spurs i will have one team for league and one team for international / domestic cups.

hope this helps

• SI Staff
I only start with players if they have 98% or above as they seem to end up down to low 80s by half time if I select someone with say 96%

One important thing to note is that how tired players get during matches is determined partially by the roles they have and their stamina - for instance if you're asking someone to act as a 'box-to-box' midfielder then they're covering a lot of ground and will get more tired than if they have a less dynamic role in the side, so generally speaking if you want someone to last an entire match only give them that role if they're up to it (ie. high stamina).

Although I have noticed (due to my love of developing youth) that if you have a strong enough heart* then you can still get promoted all the way to playing CL from the BSP with players ending on 60%.

*Multiple heart attacks will ensue otherwise, consider yourself warned ;)

• SI Staff
Although I have noticed (due to my love of developing youth) that if you have a strong enough heart* then you can still get promoted all the way to playing CL from the BSP with players ending on 60%.

*Multiple heart attacks will ensue otherwise, consider yourself warned ;)

Be warned though continually playing youngsters into the ground can leave them injury prone if you aren't careful (ie. if they break down continually with injuries then this will become a 'habit' for some players after a while).

Archived