Sports Interactive Community
ljwjones

What happens when the following event occurs?

So really there are two events I am on about but both are basically the same. I am just at the world cup and I am wondering what would happen if the following results were to happen

France 1 Denmark 0

Holland 0 Spain 0

France 1 Holland 0

Spain 1 Denmark 0

France 1 Spain 0

Holland 1 Denmark 0

The table would be:

France 9 pts +3 g/d

Holland 4 pts -2g/d

Spain 4 pts -2g/d

Denamrk 0 pts - 3 g/d

So who would go through, spain or holland.

Also if this were too happen in Europa League/Champions League with the two middle teams drawing against each other home and away an matching results everywhere else, who would go through?

If away goals were the same then i suspect these two teams would play a match to decide. Someone may wish to confirm that though.

The final decider should be the drawing of lots, iirc FM has not been coded to do this so it just sorts alphabetically.

Edit: Does the order change for different languages? I'm guessing the game uses the unique ID's which are assigned in order when the list is alphabetically sorting in English.

Also if this were too happen in Europa League/Champions League with the two middle teams drawing against each other home and away an matching results everywhere else, who would go through?

This would be decided by the coefficient according to the competition rules, though it's not clear if that's the club coefficient or the country coefficient.

So really there are two events I am on about but both are basically the same. I am just at the world cup and I am wondering what would happen if the following results were to happen

France 1 Denmark 0

Holland 0 Spain 0

France 1 Holland 0

Spain 1 Denmark 0

France 1 Spain 0

Holland 1 Denmark 0

The table would be:

France 9 pts +3 g/d

Holland 4 pts -2g/d

Spain 4 pts -2g/d

Denamrk 0 pts - 3 g/d

So who would go through, spain or holland.

4 European teams in one World Cup group? It wouldn't happen!

Seriously though, I had a similar scenario with 3 teams all finishing level on points, goal diff and goals scored. They seemed to be sorted alphabetically.

4 European teams in one World Cup group? It wouldn't happen!

Seriously though, I had a similar scenario with 3 teams all finishing level on points, goal diff and goals scored. They seemed to be sorted alphabetically.

This was just my example, this isn't my real group, luckily! However I do have Denmark. And Holland and Spain are in the same group. just not all 4 of us.

Besides I strongly oppose to Denmark being beaten all the way! Last time we were in a world cup group with France, we beat them 2-0 and they were knocked out :p

Could you at least have Denmark beat France? That wouldn't make any difference for the final result, and wouldn't be terrible for France either, as they would progress anyway, and everybody would be happy :D

In EURO 2008, Turkey and Czech Republic had a similar thing in the group stage.

Had the game ended as a draw, it would have gone to penalties.

Spain should protest as The Netherlands have switched name to finish ahead of them.

The joke doesn't really work because the "the" is usually dropped from the names of countries (when was the last time the UK and the USA were sorted under T?).

i have seen one where everyone had the same goal differance and points all the way through the group.

i thought it was on head to heads?

i have seen one where everyone had the same goal differance and points all the way through the group.

i thought it was on head to heads?

It is, but in the example used by the OP, Spain and Holland drew 0-0.