The Panel Adjustment Thread (for FM 2012)

a31632

UPDATE:

Some people experienced crash dumps when clicking on "match analysis" before starting a game.

I edited the "match pre match panel.xml" so it won't cause these problems anymore.

There are two options:

1) If you have installed the previous download (I called this one "1.1" to keep things organized) delete the files "client object biopic pre1.xml, client object biopic pre2.xml" from your panels folder while replacing the "match pre match panel.xml".

2) I created a tabbed version where the amount of info on the screen is hidden behind tabs, thus creating more space for the payer pics. In case you like this version of pre and post match better download the updated panels as shown in posts 24 & 25 below. (download link for ONLY updated screens: http://www.mediafire.com/?pi3spjl6e4lwn6q)

The updated tabbed version has a "fixed" player pictures width, adjusted to my resolution (1920 width). If the player pics are taking too much space, so are too wide, adjust the post/pre match panels and look for the value "830" and change that to a lower value. "600" will be better if you run in 1280x1024 for example.

The new version has slightly smaller images, most at 180x180 as requested (as most of you prefer this format for logo's and pictures).

The download link is updated!!

I am using a high resolution (1920x1080) on my laptop and wasn’t too happy about the fact that there was a lot of “lost space” on some of the screens.

Tiny logo’s and tiny player pictures which annoyed me while I had so much bare space on the screen left.

Furthermore, I liked to tweak the screens more to my liking as well and decided to edit a lot of screens as you can see below.

I will give you the “before” and “after” as well as the xml file names that were edited to create the result.

Please note that these panels are created for my personal use and to my personal liking and if you use a different resolution or you would like to change the size or position of some of the graphics you will have to edit the indicated xml files yourself.

Some of my mods that were already posted by me on this site in other threads, I have included again so you have all the mods now in one download.

If you already have some of the .xml files in your graphics or skin folder to change some of the screens, please make a backup of them (don’t overwrite!) as you might want your old one back, in case you like your original adjustments better.

As said, I have made ONE download with all xml files included and you can decide yourself which mods you like, and which not, so don’t copy all files into your panels folder if you are not sure that you would like to change all at once.

Some files like “client object biopic.xml” are used to enhance several different screens, so if you leave that one out it will impact more than 1 screen.

Install the xml files in your skins folder, depending on your operating system this should be at:

Win Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\(skin name)\panels

Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\(skin name)\panels

Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\skins\(skin name)\panels

Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/skins\(skin name)\panels

FAQ:

I’m using a (much) lower resolution, will these panels still work for me?

These panels have been specifically made to enhance the screens for high(er) resultions. If you are using a lower resolution like 1280x720 or similar, most likely the logos and player pictures are already big enough. Using the panels will most likely result in the pictures and logos to become way too big. Some panels where no player pictures and logos are involved might be useful for you though.

Do these panels work with any skin?

I haven’t tested them with all skins, but the changes should apply to all skins out there.

I have a different resolution than yours and would like to make some adjustments, can you help?

I have spend hours and hours creating, tweaking and adjusting these panels to look good (to my opinion) on my resolution. Because how it looks good enough is a matter of personal taste I can’t go into every individual request to “help out” unfortunately. It would just take me too much time. You can however, because I did all the ground work, make changes in the indicated xml files and see how they work out on your screen and to your liking.

Can the size of the pictures/logos be changed, I prefer 180x180?

Yes, almost all pictures/logos are sized with a value 200x200, sometimes I had to give a value of “220” or something similar in to get a good size picture. If you edit the xml where the values are for the logos and pictures you can edit them to slightly lower values and the result will be smaller player pictures and logos.

I would like to change the lay-out of a particular screen, can you help?

I get these questions asked regularly. Changing a screen in FM involves editing a number of panels, which is very time consuming. Furthermore, sometimes you can spend already hours trying to find the actual xml that needs to be edited in the original “panels.fmf” in order to make the changes. If you have a suggestion that also to my opinion would enhance the FM experience I might have a look at it. But as I hope you can appreciate I can’t go into all individual requests for this, specially when I don’t feel it is an enhancement.

UPDATED download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?cznxopdeopr6xxd

panelsmod4a.jpg

panelsmod4b.jpg

match post match panel.xml (edited size of top logos and made a “subsection box” instead of a regular box), client object biopic.xml, client object biopic post.xml, client object biopic post1.xml, client object biopic post2.xml.

The object biopic files determine the size of the player pictures and the location of the logos. Please note that these logos can NOT be put behind the players picture. Resize the player picture by editing the “picture height/width” values.

panelsmod14a.jpg

panelsmod14b.jpg

team upcoming fixture badges.xml (change the values “height/width 220” when needed, I removed the “v” between the team logos, if you want bigger logos and want the “v” back, slightly decrease the size of the logos)

team upcoming fixture.xml

panelsmod15a.jpg

panelsmod15b.jpg

tactics overview panel match.xml

(forgot to add this one in the original download, this way the in-game tactic screen will be the same size as the "pre-match" tactic screen.

This is included in the updated download link though!

These are some great enhancements. This + the farenheight skin + club logos + the new scoreboard has brought my FM to life. Up till yesterday id only ever used the default fm12 skins.

Which new scoreboard are you using? I'm using the latest by bergkamp. Have you had any crash dumps when proceeding to match analysis? I'm wondering if my crash dumps are because of a clash between the scoreboard mod and this panel mod.

Which new scoreboard are you using? I'm using the latest by bergkamp. Have you had any crash dumps when proceeding to match analysis? I'm wondering if my crash dumps are because of a clash between the scoreboard mod and this panel mod.

This could be an issue with the panels "match pre match panel.xml" in combination with "client object biopic pre1.xml" and "client object biopic pre2.xml".

In the panel I had the player boxes at a fixed size which causes problems when there is too much info in the screen, hence the "crash dump", some people have no problems at all, some get crash dumps when clicking "match analysis" before the match.

I have edited the "match pre match panel.xml" in a way that it doesn't cause a crash dump anymore and you need to delete the other two files ("client object biopic pre1.xml" and "client object biopic pre2.xml") because the panel doesn't need these files anymore.

If you experience crash dumps as described, download the attached "match pre match panel.xml" and delete both "pre" panels and reload your skin, and you shouldn't experience any crash dumps anymore.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7z08f4m3wt7obg1

I just uploaded an updated panels file with player pictures at 180x180 and some minor adjustments, this includes this fixed issue.

This could be an issue with the panels "match pre match panel.xml" in combination with "client object biopic pre1.xml" and "client object biopic pre2.xml".

In the panel I had the player boxes at a fixed size which causes problems when there is too much info in the screen, hence the "crash dump", some people have no problems at all, some get crash dumps when clicking "match analysis" before the match.

I have edited the "match pre match panel.xml" in a way that it doesn't cause a crash dump anymore and you need to delete the other two files ("client object biopic pre1.xml" and "client object biopic pre2.xml") because the panel doesn't need these files anymore.

If you experience crash dumps as described, download the attached "match pre match panel.xml" and delete both "pre" panels and reload your skin, and you shouldn't experience any crash dumps anymore.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7z08f4m3wt7obg1

I just uploaded an updated panels file with player pictures at 180x180 and some minor adjustments, this includes this fixed issue.

Cheers for this

"Mod with tabs" for pre and post match screens.

I have spend some time on solving the issue with the "crash dumps" as I found the player pics on the screen, when playing official league games, to "cramped" in on the left.

Obviously enlarging without modification of the player pics would cause a "crash dump" again so I created extra tabs as you can see in the screenshots below that now also hold the "Milestones" and "League Table" info.

The updated tabbed version has a "fixed" player pictures width, adjusted to my resolution (1920 width). If the player pics are taking too much space, so are too wide, adjust the post/pre match panels and look for the value "830" and change that to a lower value. "600" will be better if you run in 1280x1024 for example.

This creates a much "cleaner" view, with bigger area for the player pics. As the info on the screen is now in the added tabs and not all in the screen itself, this doesn't give "crash dumps" anymore!

If you like this latest mod of the player pre match panel and player post match panel, download the files in the updated download and overwrite the files already in the panels folder.

As always I have included screenshots to show the differences between "standard", "mod 1.1" and "mod with tabs".

In this post you see the "pre match" in the next post the "post match" screens.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?pi3spjl6e4lwn6q

prematchpanel3.jpg

prematchpanel2.jpg

prematchpanel1.jpg

Archived