problem when changing preset formations getting players to right position

I have a problem where I created a new tactic with the tactic creator 4-5-1 as an alternative to my usual 4-4-2

When I switch between them I want one of the strikers to drop back to DM and the midfielders to stay in there previous postions but it always switches LW to DM and RW to LW and makes the ST go to the RW

Can't seem to get it to stick as I want it even if I move the players where I want and save.

Any ideas?

Not sure if I explained it clearly

When the players on one formation are in the wrong position, you'll need to move the actual position, rather than swap the players round, as this moves them round in your other formation as well. For example if your striker drops back to dm you would need to move whoever is in the striker position out of it (to an unused slot) and then move the dm position to the striker position. I don't know if i've explained clearly enough, but basically each little t shirt on the tactics pitch is linked to each formation you have. On a side note, this means any edited player instructions will need to be moved to the corresponding position.

Thanks a lot

Basically the key is not to switch the players directly but to clear the DM space first for example by putting the player into an empty part of the pitch and putting whoever you want into the DM spot and work it that way

Archived