Interactive Journeyman Career

leovii

Tweede Klasse - Vise(h) Antwerp(a)

Tubize_v_Vis_Split_View.png

adult image hosting Antwerp_v_Tubize_Post_Match.png

jpg image hosting

A good home performance against Vise who had some talented attacking players we just struggled to finish off good attacking moves i told the team at full time they where unlucky not to win it and they reacted positively. The antwerp game was best my result so far in the league a club with a great history and decent setup they should easilt be in the top league with there strong squad we managed to beat one of the pre season favourites with a complete smash and grab. I changed from 8-1-1 on 60 minutes to 4-1-2-1-2 home formation on 62 mins and scored with our only shot on target lol which makes up for not punishing Vise at home.

My forward from Charlerio coming off the bench to bag the winner. He started in my squad originally and is on a season long will be a big player for me when he gets match sharpnessJohn_Tshibumbu_Overview_Attributes.png

image hosting jpeg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah this is true the bigger teams end up keeping possesion deep in my half running out of ideas and putting in aimless crosses or long shots. Also u can carry a threat on the counter if u have a pacey strong forward and a quick tricky AMC and when they actually get a chance from a mistake or a decent counter it usually a clear cut one. On my training as well ive asked two of my DMC'S to get forward as much as possible so hopefully they will join counters as the season goes on. It is the weaker teams that seem to break the tactic down mainly through set pieces maybe they set up in the match prep (if the game engine actually does that)

cheers man , u like the 8-1-1 away formation? haha . The home one im playing looks alright which u gave me the frame for just need to figure out why the centre backs passing is so poor 30 -40 percent some games at home

The 8-1-1 is probably a very sensible away tactic to adopt for a team predicted a mid-table finish in the league, as was mentioned further up once your team becomes fully familiar with it I could see it being pretty devastating on the counter and your main man up front if your lucky with injuries and suspensions could end up bagging a silly amount of goals with that set up. Unlucky on the back to back 2-0 defeats but at least your still holding on to a league position well above your predicted finish. Good luck in the cup against Anderlecht, hopefully you can pull off quite a big giant killing in that one.:)

October 2011

Started the month really well 3 back to back league wins

A Brussels 2-0 Tshibumba,Diawara Great defensive display punished them on the counter 3 shots on target 2 goals

H Heist 3-1 Sylla,Tshibumba,Ladriere Dominant Home display with lots of possesion and clinical finishing

A St Niklaas 2-0 Tshibumba,Chiarelli 2 late goals 80th and 90th capped off a solid performance

Then followed by a great result to anderlecht in the 6th Round of the Belgian Cup :D Check out the stats if my strikers had been on form this game we would of won it more comfortbaly but after 89 mins of normal time we was 1-0 down going out and a last minute equalizier from my attacking mid Villano took it to Extra time and then a penalty shootout victory.[/

Anderlecht_v_Tubize_Information_Overview.png

png image hosting CHUCK_HASSELHOFF_News_Inbox_3.png

jpeg image hosting

We then went into our final league game of month fatigued with only a 3 day break after the cup exploits and was beaten convincingly by WS Woluwe who are up there in the top 6..

Tweede_Klasse_Overview_Stages_4.png

free image hosting

November 2011

Mixed results in the league undefeated in November but 3 draws in games we lacked a cutting edge in. Overall though we are placed nicely in the league and its very tight from top to 9th all have chances for them playoff places later in the season. Im over budget in wages also atm which my board complain about regularly In Jan gonna offload some fringe players who are on high wages.

AFC_Tubize_Fixtures_Fixtures.png

image hosting

Tweede_Klasse_Overview_Stages.png

image hosting jpg

We managed to get through the 7th round Belgian Cup tie against Lokeren with an early sending off helping as they where looking very dominant at this point it definately changed the game for us and allowed us to take control and eventually winning it in extra time. Gary Ambroise my AMC bagged a brace and sent us into the Quarter finals and an outside chance of doing the unthinkable and maybe winning it.

Tubize_v_Lokeren_Information_Overview.png

image host Tubize_v_Lokeren_Split_View.png

png image hosting

December 2011

Ended up getting into a drawing habit which continued from Novemeber (6 in a row). Finally broke it with a dominant display against Boussu with a 3-0 home win, hadnt been playing bad just lots of silly mistakes and bad finishing was costing me in games some stupid sending offs and even missed a pen in the last minute against FCV Dender to win the game which we also had 3 disallowed goals in lol.

Tubize_v_Aalst_Information_Overview.png

free image hosting Tubize_v_FCV_Dender_Information_Overview.png

upload images Tubize_v_Boussu_Information_Overview.png

png image hosting

First leg of my Quarter Final was a drab 1-0 defeat in a game I was outplayed and outclassed but almost held on for a 0-0 until a 30 yard screamer flew in deep into injury time. Hopefully I Can try turn it around by going for it in the Second leg

Zulte_Waregem_v_Tubize_Split_View.png

image hosting jpg

January 2012

During the winter break not much on transfer front mainly due to board restrictions on my wage bill and my club rep not being high, decided to see the season out with my current overachievers. I did try and get rid of my two highest earning players Norman Sylla SC and Vinamont AM/RC who have done ok this season but nothing special they will both be leaving the club in the summer signing pre contract deals elsewhere. Only 1 in and managed to snap up a lower league player a determined DMC called Jochen Sucaet on a free from his amatuer contract.

Jochen_Sucaet_Overview_Attributes.png

jpeg image hosting

Returning from the winter break I had an away draw 1-1 against mid table side Vise a long range effort from my DMC Barbe gettin me back into the match second half in a dull uneventful game.

Then completed my league double over promotion chasing Antwerp with a 1-0 home win, on loan striker John tshibumbu scoring the only goal of the game within the first minute of the match.

Cofidis Cup Quarter Final Second leg

Being 1-0 down from the first leg against mid table top Division side Zulte Waregem, I told the team Pre match to enjoy the match as we are underdogs and the reacted positively. It was a scrappy affair with me stiffling there talented players on the opposition tactic screen mainly with tight marking and pressing there creative midfielder the game went as well as I could possibly hope.

Tubize_v_Zulte_Waregem_Split_View.png

image hosting jpg

Our final league game of the month was a tricky away game to Eupen we was 2-1 up with 6 mins to go and ended up throwing it away with poor defending.

Eupen_v_Tubize_Information_Overview.png

png image hosting

The league table is still fairly tight and I am still up there even though my league form has been inconsistent with many teams all beating each other there will be many more twists and turns in the promotion race for sure.Tweede_Klasse_Overview_Stages_2.png

adult image hosting

February 2012

Started with a convincing home league win against Wettern 3-0 up by half time and they pulled a late consilation goal late on from a free kick which keeps me in touch with the top 3

Cofidis Cup Semi First Leg

Dominated from start to finish using the 8-1-1 away formation we was swamped and struggled to contain Kevin De Bruyne and Thomas Buffel as they pulled the strings for the superior Genk following the thread rules i was tempted to change formation after 60 mins and push further up the pitch but the game had started fizzling out and there attacking threat seemed to dwindle as the minutes went by so I was hoping just to keep it to 1-0. The main positive is it could of been a lot worse and still have a fighting chance of overcoming them in the second leg.

Genk_v_Tubize_Split_View.png

image hosting

My league form suffered losing 2 on the bounce after my cup defeat a 2-1 loss to bottom of the league side Roeselare then followed by a home defeat to FC Brussels in a game we didnt even have a shot on target (scored with an own goal).

At this point was starting to think my season was falling apart !

An away victory at Heist then followed i told the players to go out and enjoy the game and I got a decent response we played better but nothing outstanding hitting them on the counter attack twice to get a vital win my Norwegian bound striker Norman Sylla hitting the winning from a powerful first shot in the 60th minute.

Heist_v_Tubize_Information_Overview.png

image hosting gif

This result kept us in 4th 4 points behind leaders Lommel Utd who have also had a dip in form which has allowed us to keep in touching distance.

March 2012

Started with a goaless 0-0 draw at home against St. Niklass who are in danger of going down, showed my anger at full time as I was gettin really pissed off with the inconsistent league form.

Then a dramatic 2-1 home win against WS Woluwe a dramtic last gasp winner from my golden oldie Steve Barbe an incredible long range effort which hit the bar and went in.

Tubize_v_WS_Woluw_Split_View.png

image hosting jpg

Cofidis Cup Semi Final Second leg

With Kevin De Bruyne injured for Genk it definately improved our chances. I told the team we are underdogs before the game and go and enjoy it and we played the best first half of football in my short career so far scoring twice in the first 15 mins which must of given my players confidence to go on and get to the final. Genk where dreadful in first half and created only one chance and there defenders looked shakey kept dwelling on the ball far too much and looked out of sorts. Second half saw me go 3-0up with a run and shot from my AMC Villano after a good spell of Genk pressure. I then changed to the 8-1-1 formation and it almost backfired Genk scored immediately to make it 3-1 and I was in two minds to stick or twist. I decided to stick with a heart in mouth moment on 90 mins when a headed effort from a corner cracked the crossbar which stopped them gettin that second valueable away goal to take them through. We hanged on to my surprise to get a 2 legged result i never expected.

Tubize_v_Genk_Split_View.png

png image hostingCHUCK_HASSELHOFF_News_Inbox_3.png

image host

Ended March with a 1-0 away win at Oostende then followed by a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Charlerio we went 2-0 down early and never really recovered. Lommel Utd ended up losing again and WS Woluwe only drawing the league has became so tight at the top with no one seeming to want to win it!.

Tweede_Klasse_Overview_Stages_4.png

png image hosting

April 2012

2nd Tubize v 1st Lommel Utd

CHUCK_HASSELHOFF_News_Inbox.png

png image hosting

Was an important win in a game we dominated, leaped frogged Lommel going top! whose formed has collapsed recently they have the youngest squad in the league which might be the reason why.

Tubize_v_Lommel_United_Split_View.png

adult image hosting

But then this old git punishes me playing for 4th place Waasland-Beveren in a poor team performance which has opened up the promotion race once more. I actually thought he had retired years ago

Tomasz_Radzinski_Overview_Attributes.png

upload images

Waasland_Beveren_v_Tubize_Information_Overview.png

image hosting png

With me now level on points with WS woluwe going into the final game me and my staff new a win would secure the Tweede Klasse Title thus save us from the playoff lottery. Even though they have a superior goal difference our head to head is better winning home and away against them earlier in the season. We went to Aalst and destroyed them on the counter with the 8-1-1 formation everytime we went forward our attackers looked dangerous. Steve Barbe's brace early on calmed the nerves and Norman Sylla's powerful strike on 47 mins secured the victory and an unexpected league title in a season we had lost 9 league games.

The Great Traveller in the Belgium 2nd division it split into 3 phases where the team top at each phase auto recieves a play off place at the end of the season. The winner overall goes up automatically at the end of the season with 3 teams from the 2nd division playing a playoff mini league with the team 2nd from bottom in the top division.

Tweede_Klasse_Overview_Stages_2.png

image hosting png

KV Mechelen being the team in danger of going down have to win the playoff league to keep there top flight status. If one of the other teams win it they get promoted

I never realised this till i read the league rules cos i got confused when i first saw the PL also

May 2012 - Cofidis Cup Final

This would be my biggest achievement as an FM Manager ever If I coul pull it off a Domestic Cup with a lower league team. Throughtout the cup run we made it through penalties against Anderlecht beat Genk in the semi's over two legs and knocked out Zulte waregem. A mix of luck , late minute goals and an 8-1-1 away tactic we got there somehow

Facing relegation threatened KV Mechelen in the final I really fancied my chances after winning promotion. I TELL THE MEDIA PRE MATCH "WE CAN WIN THE CUP"

Tubize_v_KV_Mechelen_Split_View.png

gif image hosting

CHUCK_HASSELHOFF_News_Inbox_6.png

image hosting png

MY TEAM NEVER TURNED UP ! I DID NOT EVEN GIVE A TEAMTALK AT FULLTIME I LEFT THE GROUND UPSET

Yeah i am in the top division now, I made the thread interactive so If I get a job offer I post it on here with the background and current status of the the club offering me the job. Then whatever the responses tell me to do I will follow. I did it to the first response originally but cos the forum is sometimes delayed. I will do it too a majority vote this time. Obviously if there are no offers then I will be in the Jupiler League next season :D

July 2012

Signed a New Contract at the club - £2,000 p/w until 2017

Due to the clubs insecure financial position 13 players and staff released - Will be bringing in new staff and players over Pre Season only ones that keep me well within budget though and will be trying to bring through some youth to keep costs down

CHUCK_HASSELHOFF_News_Inbox_3.png

image upload

2000/1:o Anyone fancy sticking a couple of quid on Tubize? hahaha

CHUCK_HASSELHOFF_News_Inbox_4.png

jpg image hosting

As with the first season I need 2 formations Home and Away

"4-1-2-1-2 narrow (2 cm's rather than lm and rm) balanced, control at (home)". Given by Slipknot which turned into a dominant possesion home tactic.

"Play 1-1-8, dress them all in a white athletics vest with two red bands and make them all grow a moustache (away)". Given by Nobby Mcdonald lol which i flipped to 8-1-1 and actually developed into an extremely effective counter tactic.

Now same again I want someone to give me a home and a seperate away formation which i must stick to for the season for first 60 mins of each game if i am struggling i can change it after that time not before. just state a basic frame then the strategy then the philosophy e.g 442 rigid counter ect

First responses accepted

one person give me a home formation

and another an away one please obviously i can try and set different roles for players but cant move them from set formation only after 60 mins into a game.

please no craziness this time like 1-1-8 lol but I am prepared to be experimental :p ...

I am expected to come rock bottom and have only a few players kept on from last season so once I get the new formations for 2012/13 I can rebuild my squad around the new tactic frames and crack on.

A very comfortable 9th (of 16).

Not got much idea about tactics, just to give you a bit of input maybe a 442 with wingers for home, and 451 (again with wingers and a flat midfield 3). Keep things rigid and simple but be a bit ambitious with mentality, whatever, works alright for me.

July 2012

A complete overhaul of my staff and players with most of my squad expiring in June. I decided to only offer the core players extended deals with most of my team wanting lucrative contracts after promotion which i simply cant budget for (currently 2 mll in debt)

I did manage to get in talented DC Bart De Groot on loan from my parent club Heerenveen and filled in alot of squad players for low money wages on frees most of them are on between £500-700p/w which is very low for Jupiler league wages.

Bart_de_Groot_Overview_Attributes.png

image upload

Pre Season has been worrying my only win against lower league Liege and loses against all teams playing against Jupiler league sides is making me think survival is going to be difficult. Playing the new formations haven't affected things I don't think just a pure lack of quality all over my team

AFC_Tubize_Fixtures_Fixtures_2.png

image hosting jpeg

No goals in 5 games against teams I will be playing next season outplayed in nearly all the games too and hardly looked like scoring :confused:

August 2012 Welcome to the big boy league!

My opening game of the season was away at Lierse still unsure who to play and what the best roles to set them on. I was confident I could get a result here. 0-0 at half time things where going well in an uneventful first half then an early goal just after half time for Lierse affected my team they seemed to push more players forward and my defence couldnt cope with the aerial bombardment ended up losing 2-0.

Our Home debut was an uneventful game not helped with my new AMC deciding to show his frustration late on getting stupidly sent off!

Tubize_v_Lokeren_Information_Overview.png

image hosting jpg

Our 3rd league of the month was against Westerloo away another poor performance we lost 2-0 and rarely threatening with my new squad struggling to blend and looking out of sorts espicially as a defensive unit we look so vulnurable!

Final game of the month was against Mons at home who have started the season unbeaten. Another poor result but we did manage to score our first league goal of the campaign a scrambled effort from my big striker Antionne Helha. I ended up fining one of my best players for last season Beniot Landriere for a shocking defensive performance he really seems to be struggling at the higher level.

Beno_t_Ladri_re_Overview_Attributes.png

image hosting jpegTubize_v_Mons_Information_Overview.png

image hosting gif

Archived