FM 2013 - What do we actually think this game will be like

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get the match engine correct first and foremost. Forget all these ally little issues like agents, private chats till the main part of the game is near perfect.

As SI have different teams working on different features, you're missing the point there a little.

really hope to see an overhaul of the match engine and a more dynamic press conference and player interactions.

its just too rigid and a chore currently. i attend press conference and i don't even read the question. i already know the correct answer to give to not upset my whole team.

On the same topic: What about when you try to sell a player and the AI offer him a contract worse than the one he's on and he has the cheek to ask for his current club to keep up his contract until it would've ran out? Why can't I do that to the AI!?

Already happens.

Tactics need a massive overhaul, I want a lot more freedom then we have now I want not only to be able to tell players to run forwards during an attack, but in what direction and what position to be in defence. Also I want to be able to experiment with a pivoting triangle three man midfield that porto used last year and arsenal are using this year.

Players take ages to learn new preferred moves and most of the time they fail. I've got a player with 19 passing 19 creativity and 17 anticipation that I want to use as a playmaker but he plays short simple passes so Ive got to first stop him doing that and then tell him to try killer balls takes ages and I want my players to play how want to play ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see these improvements on Football Manager 2013:

1. faster processing.

2.more participation on young players development.

3.train some specific moves to prepare some specific games.

I hope:

Real/Barca presidential elections every 4 years or however often they happen, complete with huge transfer promises etc.

Ambitious, rich presidents making signings without consulting you.

I also hope, forlornly I know, that you should have to earn the right, at some clubs, to be in charge of transfers. When I have complained on here about boring things in the game (imo) like Press conferences, agents etc, I am told, it's realistic, it's what football managers have to put up with. Fine, ok, but in the name of realism, why on day 1 when i take over at, say, AC Milan (leaving aside how unlikely that is!) am i put in sole control over transfers and balancing the books? How is that in any way realistic, maybe that is the norm in England, but not everywhere! Your level of transfer control should have to be negotiated when you are looking to join imo, having a bearing, as i would imagine it does in real life, on where you choose to go. Not every club irl would offer the same level of control, so why in FM, if we are so concerned about realism?

Make different clubs different, (see also differences under whose remit transfer dealings fall) No long ball allowed at Barca, galactico signings demanded by some presidents, emphasis on promoting youth players at some clubs etc

I'd like to see something tying in quality of medical care with average rate of player physical degeneration as they age (obviously some should always decline faster than others based on other stats) I've yet to see a player come into the game as a teenager and still be at the very top in his late 30's, like Maldini was, or Costacurta, Zanetti, Cafu etc

massively improve the A.I long term

Also I hope that the Italian domestic rivalry effect on transfers is lessened. It seems very hard at the moment to make transfers between domestic teams in Italy due to everyone being a listed rival! I think that you can be a rival on the pitch and have good relations in the boardroom. Players move between rival clubs a lot irl, see recent Pirlo move to Juve, lots of transfers between Inter and Milan over the years, Cannavaro to Juve from Inter etc

and lastly, most importantly for me. No steam.

Maybe some, or all of these are in the game, but I haven't played '12 due to Steam so apologies if comments are obsolete.

For sure these are fundamental areas for the long-term future of the series. But I wouldn't mind something (optional) that attempts to simulate the day in, day out of training and practice sessions.

Really it would have to be some minigames, so it might not be in spirit with the rest of the game (i.e. you play along with the players in practice, whereas in game you obviously can only ever manage). You would only (have the option) of attending one training session per week, but perhaps you could influence form, morale, or even choose a focus for a player. Yeah, I know there is special focus areas now, but what I mean is, say you want a lad to work on his headers, have a little training game where you control either the coach or the player (or both) and he goes through some header drills.

The reason i mention it is because I think FM does a great job of simulating the back room stuff, and on pitch as well, but from Monday to Saturday all I do is read BS irrelevant news and then there is a match at the end of the week. I just want something that puts me on the training pitch with the players, in some form or fashion. And of course hopefully its fun, not tedious!

One last request, training should impact match performance! I always thought this is the case, as it is what makes sense, but recently I have been alerted to the fact that this is apparently not the case. For e.g. a player practicing a lot of shooting should play differently than the same player on a midfield training schedule.

No new features or gimmicks. The game is packed full of them at the moment. Do we really need more?

I hope they concentrate on...

1 Match Engine

2 AI Squad Building

3 3D Graphic Improvement

In that order :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I personally believe that Football Manager 2012 is a decent game and with a few major adjustments I believe that FM 13 will be a great game.

First of all the range of attributes could be improved such as defensive heading, attacking heading, angle finishing , curling free kick , power free kick, short passing and long passing. Etc

Another aspect of the game I would like to see improved is being able to control the kits, the sponsorships and the stadium (being able to increase ticket prices when in debt or lowering when there's not enough fans in the staduim or the type of playing surfaces such as short cut grass for a passing game or a high grass cut for when you are hoofing the ball forward).

I would also like to see a proper board meeting where the board asks you questions on how you doing and if you need help and the financial situation of the club which you could reply in many ways.

A third aspect of the game I would like to see improved would be the match engine system as for me that is mediocre. Also the fans and the title race, playoff chase and the relegation battle should be more in the news and the news could be improved through misquotes and argue nets about the manager.

Also the interviews are pretty awful so they should improve that by using an number of new and different questions and also quotes from players saying how bad you are. The media should also either like you as you answer all the questions honestly and try to help you by bigging you up in newspapers or they should hate you and try to get you sacked when you're having a hard time in the league.

Lastly the players should do interviews and say controversial things in their interviews and the fans should chant songs.

Finally the warm up and war down schedules should be sorted by you such as jogging then high knees etc. Also you should see the training when it simulates and you should be able to do practice matches, shooting training, pace training and other training especially when having trialists so you can see the training and the results at the end.

I know this is a lot to ask for but it would make it a stupendous game in my eyes. Maybe have different difficulties as well

Ntfcmatt

Ps don't add chairman or be a coach otherwise its not Football Manager is it

I think FM13 will have even more features that just do everything for you

More features should be made optional. Lots of people talk about removing attributes, I would like to remove star ratings, just have written assistant reports. I realise this isnt what everyone wants, so make it optional

Hi guys,

I personally believe that Football Manager 2012 is a decent game and with a few major adjustments I believe that FM 13 will be a great game.

First of all the range of attributes could be improved such as defensive heading, attacking heading, angle finishing , curling free kick , power free kick, short passing and long passing. Etc

Another aspect of the game I would like to see improved is being able to control the kits, the sponsorships and the stadium (being able to increase ticket prices when in debt or lowering when there's not enough fans in the staduim or the type of playing surfaces such as short cut grass for a passing game or a high grass cut for when you are hoofing the ball forward).

I would also like to see a proper board meeting where the board asks you questions on how you doing and if you need help and the financial situation of the club which you could reply in many ways.

A third aspect of the game I would like to see improved would be the match engine system as for me that is mediocre. Also the fans and the title race, playoff chase and the relegation battle should be more in the news and the news could be improved through misquotes and argue nets about the manager.

Also the interviews are pretty awful so they should improve that by using an number of new and different questions and also quotes from players saying how bad you are. The media should also either like you as you answer all the questions honestly and try to help you by bigging you up in newspapers or they should hate you and try to get you sacked when you're having a hard time in the league.

Lastly the players should do interviews and say controversial things in their interviews and the fans should chant songs.

Finally the warm up and war down schedules should be sorted by you such as jogging then high knees etc. Also you should see the training when it simulates and you should be able to do practice matches, shooting training, pace training and other training especially when having trialists so you can see the training and the results at the end.

I know this is a lot to ask for but it would make it a stupendous game in my eyes. Maybe have different difficulties as well

Ntfcmatt

Ps don't add chairman or be a coach otherwise its not Football Manager is it

Hmm not sure we need different heading attributes mate or finishing ones, if a player is good at heading it dose't matter what end hes playing at same principal for finishing as well if you have a player with decent finishing that should cover what ever angle hes at

You're wrong about heading as there are a number of different techniques & styles. I was very good at defensive headers & the cushioned headed pass/lay-off but I posed almost no threat when heading at goal because I simply couldn't get any downward power that is generally required to trouble a keeper.

You're wrong about heading as there are a number of different techniques & styles. I was very good at defensive headers & the cushioned headed pass/lay-off but I posed almost no threat when heading at goal because I simply couldn't get any downward power that is generally required to trouble a keeper.

Why do you need to header a ball downwards for it to trouble keeper ? not every attacking header is aimed downwards

That's just one example, there is also the flick-on & the upper body twisting re-directed header.

If anything redefining the parameters for heading could help reduce the effectiveness of the lumbering CB in attacking situations or the instances of a headed clearance going to the feet of an attacking player for an easy counter, probably moving into ME attribute interpretation territory now.

That's just one example, there is also the flick-on & the upper body twisting re-directed header.

If anything redefining the parameters for heading could help reduce the effectiveness of the lumbering CB in attacking situations or the instances of a headed clearance going to the feet of an attacking player for an easy counter, probably moving into ME attribute interpretation territory now.

I know what your getting at but all that would end up happing is people flooding forums with complaints of there striker with 20 for attacking headers only score 3 all season or vice versa scoring 20 and 18 been headers

I don't like the idea of a separate defensive/attacking header attribute either, I was merely pointing out that heading is not a singular skill.

I've often thought some of the attributes should be removed as the specific skill they are trying to define is actually the final product of a number of other technical, mental & physical attributes.

National Manager/Player interaction - So if you intend to rest a player from Friendlies because they have been injured and Just comeback you can tell them that given the good relationship with the said manager you have decided to rest them as the games have nothing of importance. Also National and Club manager interaction tell Manager you are F%^off that they withdrew you key player.

• 1 month later...

Surely if they beef up the International Management then it'l make it difficult to keep your 'day job' as a club manager. Have only played International Management on 2008 but from what I can see, if they increased the amount of media when you'r managing a country (leading into a major tournament) then i think thats fine.

Would love to see faster processing, but that's probably not coming. I'm at the point where FM is too fast for my computer, so I've gone back to playing CM 01/02, which is when I got really addicted to the game anyway.

I think FM 2012 is a great game. I missed out on 10 and 11 like.

Ive bought every other version since 01/02 however (which is still by far, my favourite version Mark Kerr, To Madeira and Hugo Pinheiro FTW!!!) and as long as SI take **** on board and keep implementing the stuff we want implementing as fans and buyers of the game, Im happy. Although it took an awful large amount of rallying and lobbying to stop SI hardcoding leagues in the game, we got there in the end, and i'm on my way with Durham City! Wahey!

I'd really really really love to be able to buy a game and play it without being force to use Steam though. Steam alone for me, is the worst thing to happen to FM. Bring back the option of playing it without Steam, Steam is terrible.

It's just unrealistic. If you have a player who you have told to their face is no longer wanted, slap them in the reserves, offer them at a decent price, then their agent has a duty to see to it that they're gone during the next transfer window. There are a zillion clubs out there. Players just don't sit on transfer lists for years and years. Somebody will always take them. It's a problem, and it needs attention.

Wayne Bridge, Bobo Balde, David Bentley and Florian Kringe to name but a few who wouldn't move on because they couldn't get the wages they were on else where. There are countless examples of this.

You can.. choose to manage the reserves and you'll be able to pick the line up.

Bridge the gap wanderer89... Unless, you choose to manage the reserves and its possible pass on the match control to the assistant, but I don't think so. Would make an already very long season very long indeed to do both.

Way less items in news reels please.

Or congregate the news items into one story rather than 25 separate stories about how some player who you've never heard of is going to win the Young Player of the Year in some feeder club you've inherited.

It really doesnt matter what they do, they already have my money. I trust this company. I believe each year they bring out a better product. sure its not perfect and it never will be. But I have faith I will love FM13 and drop another 1500 hours into it. Most games you will be lucky to get 30-50 hours of game play for $60. No better bang for your buck then FM.

If I had to wish for one major improvement it would be the ME and then club rep.

Im dying from anticipation as to the announcement SI finally releases about FM13. Cant blood wait! AHHHH

It really doesnt matter what they do, they already have my money. I trust this company. I believe each year they bring out a better product. sure its not perfect and it never will be. But I have faith I will love FM13 and drop another 1500 hours into it. Most games you will be lucky to get 30-50 hours of game play for $60. No better bang for your buck then FM.

If I had to wish for one major improvement it would be the ME and then club rep.

Im dying from anticipation as to the announcement SI finally releases about FM13. Cant blood wait! AHHHH

Good post and I agree :thup:

It really doesnt matter what they do, they already have my money.

:(

Attitudes like this make me so sad.

The general buying public really don't demand quality enough and clearly have far too much disposable income that they can flitter their money away on a product regardless of how good it actually is.

The general buying public really don't demand quality enough and clearly have far too much disposable income that they can flitter their money away on a product regardless of how good it actually is.

Or he could be acknowledging the quality of product they bring out every year and with that guarantee they have his money. Of course the quality of game is up for argument but with so much depth to this game the could do this/ could do that is an endless list that will never be attained. Simulators are like that. And the better they become the more demanding the customer.

Those 2 comments go together with the rest of my post. Reading them without reading the rest takes my words out of context. This company has earned my trust over the last 10-12 years. I can't say that about any other gaming company to be honest.

Or he could be acknowledging the quality of product they bring out every year and with that guarantee they have his money. Of course the quality of game is up for argument but with so much depth to this game the could do this/ could do that is an endless list that will never be attained. Simulators are like that. And the better they become the more demanding the customer.

You hit the nail on the head there. Spot on

Archived