[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

Hey Scarman I fell in love with your post. I tried to do the same with my team (I made it up, it's called "UniĆ³ Catalunya) - it was supposed to play only with Catalan players (I'm sure you're famirialized with Basque nationality, Athletic Bilbao plays only with players from there. Well, Catalunya also feels like they should be independent from Spain, and say that they're catalan and not Spanish. Catalunya's capital is Barcelona)

But then I kinda gave up as I had to check where the players were born before signing them, and sometimes look it up in google. So slowly, it became a Spanish-only team, and with time, Spanish speaking only (Argentina, Colombia, Bolivia, etc). So it became much easier, I'm finishing 3rd. 4th for the last years in the first Spanish League. You motivated me to go back to my roots, and I'll try not to sign anyone else, slowly try to get rid of non-Catalan players (75% of the squad now), so it might take a while to do it without ruining the club).

Also, I remember signing a Liechtenstein player just for fun, as I giggled to find such talent from such a nation. 6 Months after I signed him Man City made an offer that i was forced to accept by the club, and took him away without ever playing for the first team. Is he better than your Zimmerman? I'd love to see a screenie

Here's Claus Endres - currently on loan from City to lower league clubs

Thanks, really makes me happy when someone posts something like that :D Good luck with making your team full of Catalan players, it might take a while but it will be an awesome accomplishment if you do that. As for Claus Endres, it's a bit hard to judge as they play different positions. They are both really good for their age, though Endres attribute spread makes him a lot more versatile than Zimmermann will ever be. It's always great to see players develop from smaller countries though :)

Zimmermann is unstoppable in that league,good finish in 7th as well and you were not too far behind 4th place which shows how close it was.With your players still developing,it could be an exciting future.

Yeah if we had beaten Sion on the last day we would have finished 4th, I think that if Zimmermann destroys again this season we should finish fairly high up.

I hope you gave the team a strong talking to after yielding a point to Vaduz
You gave a point to Vaduz! Shame..... Also interesting to see Turkey win the World Cup!

It was our lowest point of the season, and their highest. Couldn't believe that had actually happened though, it took a Zimmermann dive (and I really think it was a dive even though we can't really see much on the match engine) to get the penalty! Turkey winning was really weird for me, seeing I had defeated them at one point in qualifying. Maybe that means that on our day we could win the World Cup :D

I hope all the big teams dont start poaching your players now :S

Same, that would be the worst thing for us. We could lose a few, but more than 1 in each position would hurt us massively.

-----------

One thing quickly, I feel like having a break from this save. It's not that I'm over it or anything, it's just that I've had a massive temptation to play a journeyman-like save lately after reading the threads on here. There just something that's been missing from this save, maybe it's the lack of leagues I loaded, the fact I'm not signing any one or something else, but I miss not being able to have the freedom to do really what I want. So I hink I'll start up a new save and thread sometime tomorrow.

Long story short, I still have unfinished business here, I just feel like doing something else for a while :D

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you feel up to getting back to this thread, I'd love to hear your thoughts on selling Zimmermann. Presuming your long-term goal is to lift Liechtenstein to the top I would imagine at some point you will have to let some players go to bigger clubs than can be developed within the Swiss system.... Not to mention the money you would get could go along way towards building an even better youth system to develop better players and so on.

I know you said you might sell him in the summer, but how do you weigh the above against bringing more immediate success to Ruggell itself (which in turn will lift reputation, rating (of both club and nation), etc)?

When you get back to it, enjoy your holiday for now :)

Just read the whole thread, highlight for me being when you finally got a striking partnership that turned those draws to wins to get out the challenge league.

amazing work, keep it up :)

Once you feel up to getting back to this thread, I'd love to hear your thoughts on selling Zimmermann. Presuming your long-term goal is to lift Liechtenstein to the top I would imagine at some point you will have to let some players go to bigger clubs than can be developed within the Swiss system.... Not to mention the money you would get could go along way towards building an even better youth system to develop better players and so on.

I know you said you might sell him in the summer, but how do you weigh the above against bringing more immediate success to Ruggell itself (which in turn will lift reputation, rating (of both club and nation), etc)?

When you get back to it, enjoy your holiday for now :)

Well, if the right offer came in, I would sell him, but last time I played the save interest was dropping off him for some reason. In fact, I've been pretty lucky throughout this save, pretty much none of my players were poached by big clubs. I'm not sure if it's down to the fact I don't have other leagues loaded or that reputation is just playing a massive part in it.

Just read the whole thread, highlight for me being when you finally got a striking partnership that turned those draws to wins to get out the challenge league.

amazing work, keep it up :)

Cheers! I think you meant the 3rd tier, cause I got out of the Challenge League in a season :D But yeah, that was definitely one of my favourite moments in the save as well!

Not ready to come back to this yet folks, just felt I needed to respond to some posts :) Still don't have the motivaqtion to play this and I'm enjoying my other save haha

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've started playing this save again :D I felt like, at the very least, I needed to finish Schneider's career off (currently 29), because he's been one of my favourite ever regens on FM. It's an obligation, really :lol:

Just as a sort of warm up to the Return of Ruggell, here's how all my different youth players, plus a couple extra who I haven't put as youth players for some reason, have developed over their career's.

Horst Kind YP1 - 2012/2019

Patrick Riedel YP2 - 2012/2019

Lennart Jokubowski YP3 - 2013/2025

Thomas Nowakowski YP4 - 2014/2020

Luc Zech YP5 - 2015/2019

Arvid Keller YP6 - 2016/2030

Sebastian Schneider YP7 - 2017/2030

Florian Fehr YP8 - 2018/2030

Jochen Lang YP9 - 2019/2030

Kai Arndt YP10 - 2020/2030

Ernst Jung YP11 - 2021/2030

Dennis Hofmann YP16 - 2021/2030

Maximilian Reichel YP12 - 2022/2030

Karl-Heinz Heinrichs YP15 - 2022/2030

Fritz Breu - 2023/2030

Stefan Ziereis YP13 - 2024/2030

Christoph Frick - 2025/2030

Phillip Bender YP17 - 2025/2030

Sebastian Zimmermann YP14 - 2026/2030

Oliver Hopp YP18 - 2027/2030

Alfons Wolff YP19 - 2027/2030

Wolfgang Herzog YP20 - 2028/2030

Bernd Bender YP21 - 2028/2030

Improvements are really noticeable from Schneider onwards. Some pretty insane jumps in there, especially from Ernst Jung, Karl-Heinz Heinrichs, and considering it's only been 3 seasons, Oliver Hopp.

Glad to be back with this save, really enjoying it again. For the sake of consistency, I'll keep with the update every 3 month system. Bit of early news, both good and bad. The good is that I have an extremely easy run to the Europa League group stage, playing Trans from Estonia, LASK Linz from Austria and now Linfield from N. Ireland, so that should definitely be another group stage appearance for us. Bad news is that Zimmermann is injured for 2 months, he won't be back until mid October. So that means he'll miss Liechtenstein's first 2 Euro 2032 Qualifiers against Malta and Slovenia.

Edit - Had no troubles with Linfield, beating them 6-1 on aggregate. Here's my Europa League Group -

europaleaguegroup.png

Gotta be one of the closest groups in terms of geographical location. Should be able to beat Austria Wien and St Gallen to get out of the group. HSV will probably smash us though.

FC Ruggell Pre-Season/July - September Review

Pre-Season 2030

Friendlies

Only a few friendlies this season. The most exciting (disappointing) thing to come out of this transfer window was the sale of Karl-Heinz Heinrichs to West Ham for 1.4mil. Tottenham bid a few times for Zimmermann, but it was never at a good enough price.

July 2030

jul.png

We drew Trans from Estonia in the 2nd Round of Qualification for the Europa League, and thrashed them 6-0 at home in the first game, with Zimmermann scoring 5. He continued his free scoring form against St Gallen, where he scored twice in a 4-2 thrashing, before landing another 2 in the 4-1 win over Trans away (making it a 10-1 win on aggregate), before scoring his final for the month agianst Zurich, where we were lucky enough to win 4-2. Great opening to the season, Zimmermann was on absolute fire.

August 2030

aug.png

We continued where we left off in August, picking up a 3-1 win over Austrian side LASK Linz, before being held to a 0-0 draw against Thun. We completed the tie over Linz with a 2-1 win to set up a 4th round game with Linfield from N. Ireland. However, we then slumped to our first loss of the season, to Xamax who beat us 1-0. We turned that around for the rest of the month, however, winning 1-0 over Sion, before taking apart Linfield 6-1 over two legs. Our other game was a 3-2 win over 5th tier side Puidoux in the cup.

September 2030

sep.png

I was hoping to continue gaining ground on top place in September, however Young Boys sent us crashing back the other way by thrashing us 4-1. Not quite ready to contend with the big boys it would seem. We took our revenge over Champvent in the cup, winning 3-, before Basel and St Gallen held us to consecutive 1-1 draws. We returned to our winning ways by defeating Aarau 3-0, and Wohlen 2-0, before St. Gallen held us to another draw, this time 0-0 at home.

League Standings

q1league.png

So, a great start to the season. We are really looking like a mid table side this year, with maybe even a slight chance of coming top 3, depending on form. Really happy with some of our wins, especially the 4-2 win over Zurich.

Europa League Standings

We opened our group with a 1-1 home draw to St Gallen. We should pick up the points over Austria Wien, and we have beaten St Gallen away from home already this season, so I'm confident of progressing from this group.

Good seeing this back.

Same, I'm really enjoying it again :)

Glad this is back is that dip in form in september mainly because of zimmermans injury?

Thanks! I would like to think that our team is more than a one man team, but yes, I think so. Still it wasn't too bad, besides the loss to Young Boys. To be honest though, Zimmermann isn't a defender, so we probably would have lost anyway.

Nice to see this back,not too bad of a start.Looks like Zimmermann getting injured caused your dip :D

Cheers mate! Yeah, that month got me thinking about how losing Zimmermann would effect us. We've got about another 3 years before he's definitely will go because we can't afford to resign him. Guess it's time to make the most of him.

A decent start to the league. Still early in Europa; more than enough time to grab a couple of wins.

Cheers! The Europa League has been a bit weird this season actually. We went to Germany, and rightfully lost 4-1. We were outclassed, outplayed, whatever. The return game a couple of weeks later, I was hoping to maybe sntach a draw. Instead, the ref gives us 3 penalties, and we win 6-0! I mean, how does that happen? That is just ridiculous. To make matters even more hilarious, we are still last on the table, because we lost to Austria Wien.

eurogroupmid.png

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2030

oct.png

October was a pretty bad month really. We began with consecutive losses to really put a strain on us in the Europa League, but we did regain something when we thrashed Thun 5-1. HSV were too strong for us in October, and Xamax held us to a draw, but we did end the month by knocking fellow Super League side Sion out of the cup!

November 2030

nov.png

Sion got there revenge on us in the league though, but our next two games were absolute class. We trashed HSV 6-0 (thanks to 3 penalties), and defeated Grasshoppers 3-1. I decided to rest Zimmermann in the next game, and promptly lost 1-0 to Grasshoppers. After the internaitonal break, Young Boys again defeated us 3-1, before we finished the month in style, picking up two 6-1 wins.

December 2030

dec.png

December began with a loss to St Gallen, which ended our hope for qualifying for the knockouts of the Europa League. We did well the rest of the month though, beating Basel 4-3, before resting Zimmermann for the final Europa League match and still winning 3-0.

League Standings

q2league.png

3rd place is just fantastic! Young Boys are miles in front of the competition, qualifying from their Champions League group again (This time featuring FC Bayern, Juventus and Galatasaray). Zimmermann has 32 goals in 23 appearances, and also has exactly 100 league goals now as well! We won't be able to catch Zurich or Young Boys this season, but I'm really hoping for top 3.

Europa League Group Final

Didn't qualify this year, but played pretty well considering the group. I wish I didn't stuff up against Austria Wien the first time, but I guess that's football. Sometimes you can have an off day (unless your name is Sebastian Zimmermann or Iker Sola)

Liechtenstein 2030 Review

Senior

Rankings | Fixtures | Qualification Group

Pretty good year, minus the thrashing at the hands of Columbia. Happy to be sitting in 2nd and a qualification place in our group. I'm confident of beating both Greece and Slovenia to Euro 2032. Set a new highest ranking record at 40th this year as well. Pretty good year all up.

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualification Group

Absolutely shocking. No real words for this performance.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualification Group

Not as bad as the U21's, but still pretty awful.

Rankings History

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | World Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |   119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |   145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |   185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |   137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |   187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |   202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |   197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |   206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |   208      |   -2       |
|2019   |   37   |   205      |   +3       |
|2020   |   15   |   208      |   -3       |
|2021   |   34   |   203      |   +5       |
|2022   |   27   |   204      |   -1       |
|2023   |   45   |   204      |    0       |
|2024   |   65   |   198      |   +6       |
|2025   |   65   |   195      |   +3       |
|2026   |   98   |   177      |   +18      |
|2027   |  334   |    91      |   +86      |
|2028   |  476   |    58      |   +33      |
|2029   |  648   |    43      |   +15      |
|2030   |  623   |    41      |   +2       |
--------------------------------------------[/center]

Great to see this one back! I really think selling Zimmermann might be a blessing in disguise - furthering his career to do wonders for the national team and giving Ruggell good money to develop further... (not sure how much it needs this though, but if you are saying you can't afford to keep him beyond the three years anyway, then surely some additional funds could come in handy)

Wow, long list of big clubs, and Aston Villa.
And a couple of them are extremely rich clubs

Yeah, I should be able to get a bit of money for him!

Great to see this one back! I really think selling Zimmermann might be a blessing in disguise - furthering his career to do wonders for the national team and giving Ruggell good money to develop further... (not sure how much it needs this though, but if you are saying you can't afford to keep him beyond the three years anyway, then surely some additional funds could come in handy)

I do plan on selling him. He's already come to me asking to leave, and in the end I had to agree to let him go at the end of the season, so I'll be looking to sell him then :)

Uhm, forgot at a point about following this, not sure why, very entertaining career here particularly with the linked national team rise. Great to see this running back again. :thup:

Uhm, forgot at a point about following this, not sure why, very entertaining career here particularly with the linked national team rise. Great to see this running back again. :thup:

Cheers mate! The national team's rise has definitely been the best part of this career for me too!

FC Ruggell Mid-Season Break/January - March Review

Mid-Season Friendlies 2031

Friendlies

A couple of mid season games to keep fitness up. The loss to Delemont was due to all my team being away on international duty, so I only had greyed out players.

January 2031

jan.png

Played our catch up game in the Swiss Cup on New Years Day, won 4-0 thanks to an Alfons Wolff hat trick.

February 2031

feb.png

We had a pretty tough month in February, but still managed to pick up two wins. We played well against St Gallen, but our best performance was against Zurich where we won 2-0 thanks to Hofmann and Wolff.

March 2031

mar.png

After two short months, we had a long March. We started off with a 2-0 win over Thun, before Xamax held us to a 1-1 draw. We then beat Tycoon owned 3rd tier side Therwil 3-1 after they scored early. However, we then lost 1-0 Sion to end our unbeaten streak. We returned to form by beating Grasshoppers 4-1 and Aarau 3-0, before Young Boys ended our month with a 1-0 loss. That was a really tight game, but they probably deserved the win.

League Standings

q3league.png

Still in third place, closing in on Zurich as well. I doubt that we'll catch Zurich because I have a feeling we'll slip up a fair bit in the run in, but I'm hoping for a top 3 finish. That would be absolutely great.

7-1.png

And that is why Young Boys have been the Champions of Switzerland for 8 of the past 9 seasons (9 of the past 10 if you count this season). On their day, they are infinitely better than everyone in the league.

Cheers fellas! The Young Boys result didn't do too much to moral, but it wasn't doing us any favours either seeing as we played them in the Swiss Cup final a month later. We lost that 4-0 :( So no retaining the Swiss Cup for me, and another double for Young Boys!

FC Ruggell April - June/End of Season 2030/31 Review

April 2031

apr.png

3 wins and 3 losses for April. I was pretty disappointed that we lost to Sion and Thun, though we were lucky in our games against Basel and Xamax. Zurich had too much class for us. Zimmermann was at his lethal best for us this season.

May 2031

may.png

The first two matches were great, winning the Swiss Cup semi against Winterthur and thrashing Grasshoppers, but then Young Boys came along and absolutely destroyed us 7-1. Aarau almost capitalised on our shock, but we recovered to beat Basel and get our highest ever finish in the league.

June 2031

jun.png

The only match this month was against Young Boys in the Swiss Cup final, and we were humiliated again, this time losing 4-0.

League Standings

q4league.png

A fantastic season all up. Pity about our drop off in form later in the season, we could have contested Zurich for 2nd a bit more. The Cup final was disappointing, but I was glad to reach a second final in a row.

Finances are after another increase to our Youth Facilities, and before Zimmermann's move. Still cannot increase Youth Recruitment network though.

Youth Prospects

Arvid Keller YP6 - Played a bit, but really isn't up to the standard of... well anything really.

Sebastian Schneider YP7 - Fantastic season, seemed to turn back the clock a bit.

Florian Fehr YP8 - Injured a fair bit this season, seems to be in the decline. Really doesn't seem that long ago since he was a teenager, and now he's almost 30!

Jochen Lang YP9 - Filled in around the defence, not the best player but not the worst either.

Kai Arndt YP10 - Third choice defender after Bender and Hopp, is decent enough to fill in.

Ernst Jung YP11 - Pretty good season, still is a fantastic player.

Maximilian Reichel YP12 - Injured most of this season as well.

Stefan Ziereis YP13 - Same as Reichel. Just as it seems he is improving, something always comes along to shut him down. I get the feeling he could have been as good as Zimmermann if injuries didn't destroy his early career.

Sebastian Zimmermann YP14 - Simply fantastic, but won't be a Ruggell player any more. Moved to Arsenal for 15mil. Won the European Golden Boot.

Dennis Hofmann YP16 - Was fantastic, helped the team with 20 assists.

Phillipp Bender YP17 - Great when he played, but seemed to be out a fair bit this season.

Oliver Hopp YP18 - Simply amazing at the back, he is another one that will probably leave the club for greener pastures in the next few years.

Alfons Wolff YP19 - Played pretty well, chipped in a number of important goals.

Wolfgang Herzog YP20 - Is improving a bit, but not a first team regular yet.

Bernd Bender YP21 - Came back from injury mid November, and played pretty well since then.

[center]FC Ruggell Season by Season

| Seasons  | Tier |               Division               | Position |  Swiss Cup  |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2011/12  | 6th  | 3L Ostschweizer Fussballverband Gr.2 |   1st    |  1st Round  |
| 2012/13  | 5th  | 3L Ostschweizer Fussballverband Gr.2 |   1st    |  4th Round  |
| 2013/14  | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   5th    |  4th Round  |
| 2014/15  | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   7th    |  1st Round  |
| 2015/16  | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   3rd    |  1st Round  |
| 2016/17  | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   2nd    |  5th Round  |
| 2017/18  | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   2nd    |  6th Round  |
| 2018/19  | 4th  |     2e Ligue interregionale Gr.4     |   1st    |  1st Round  |
| 2019/20  | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   5th    |  5th Round  |
| 2020/21  | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   5th    |  4th Round  |
| 2021/22  | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   2nd    |  5th Round  |
| 2022/23  | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   2nd    |  Runners Up |
| 2023/24  | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   3rd    |  5th Round  |
| 2024/25  | 3rd  |           1. Liga Gruppe 3           |   1st    |  5th Round  |
| 2025/26  | 2nd  |           Challenge League           |   1st    |  3rd Round  |
| 2026/27  | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |  10th    |  Last 8     |
| 2027/28  | 2nd  |           Challenge League           |   1st    |  3rd Round  |
| 2028/29  | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |   7th    |  Last 8     |
| 2029/30  | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |   7th    |  Winners!   |
| 2030/31  | 1st  |          Axpo Super League           |   3rd    |  Runners Up |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

[center]FC Ruggell's European Adventures

| Season |  Europa League  | Club Co-Efficent | Club Ranking | Nation Co-fficent |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2026/27| 3rd Qual. Round |    8.259         |    214th     |      11.000       |
| 2027/28| 4th in Group G  |   14.699         |    146th     |      19.500       |
| 2028/29| 4th Qual. Round |   15.499         |    135th     |      21.000       |
| 2029/30| 2nd Knockout    |   31.478         |     69th     |      38.500       |
| 2030/31| 3rd in Group B  |   38.998         |     57th     |      47.500       |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Do you think it's possible that if you perform well enough in the EL you might win a CL place eventually due to Lienchenstein's coefficient

improving?

Sadly it's not possible because Leichtenstien will only ever get 1 europa league place while they dont have a league of their own. The 1 EL place will stay fixed even if the Coefficient moves them up the table. What isnt known is whether Scarman can qualify for the CL through winning the Swiss league.

Sadly it's not possible because Leichtenstien will only ever get 1 europa league place while they dont have a league of their own. The 1 EL place will stay fixed even if the Coefficient moves them up the table. What isnt known is whether Scarman can qualify for the CL through winning the Swiss league.

I wonder if it's like a Canadian team winning the MLS (hopefully one day...). They don't get the CONCACAF Champions League spot; it goes to the next available American club. Wonder if a Leichtenstein team playing Switzerland acts that same.

Very good season, by far the club's best, from here onwards it's going to be extremely difficult to further improve on, but this challenge is all about patience!

It'll be a very difficult season ahead without Zimmermann, hopefully we'll be able to maintain a top 5 finish though. The main thing is continuing to get the the groups of the Europa League, as that gives us 1.3mil in bonuses, but the 400k per round for the qualifying.

15M from Arsenal! That's quite a big move.
Another good season :thup: Even though you sold Zimmermann,that Ā£15 million could be useful in the future.

Yeah, it will be great for both of us, that 15mil will be reinvested into the club.

You should so a zimmerman watch in this thread just to keep track of his development :)

I'll add him to the end of season updates, but as I only have the Swiss leagues loaded it might not be fully accurate.

Do you think it's possible that if you perform well enough in the EL you might win a CL place eventually due to Lienchenstein's coefficient improving?
I wonder if it's like a Canadian team winning the MLS (hopefully one day...). They don't get the CONCACAF Champions League spot; it goes to the next available American club. Wonder if a Leichtenstein team playing Switzerland acts that same.

Yeah, it's not possible unfortunately. I don't think I will qualify for the Champions League through the Swiss League either, but you never know.

europaleaguegrou.png

That's my Europa League group. Only just got there, after I scraped past Aberdeen in the 4th qualifier in extra time. Roma and Galatasaray will prove too much for me, but third place is a possibility.

worldcupqual.png

The World Cup qualifiers were also drawn. Not a bad group, Netherlands will destroy everyone in the group, but second should be on the agenda.

Tough groups indeed, but also feasible ones - can't wait for Liechtenstein's first qualification to an international tournament. Mate - incredible choice on Liechtenstein for this challenge, it might just be one of the only ones with strong enough opposition to keep you developing strongly, whilst being very small. The thread has hugely inspired me to try something of the same, but tough to find an even remotely similar set-up. Leaning towards Faroe Islands at the moment, but feel like you'd lose good match-ups after a while, with european competitions the only chances to test against higher quality. Maybe San Marino has something of the same....

Really looking forward to seeing how this goes without Zimmermann and how much he improves by the move (though think you don't have the league loaded)

Just notices this thread and seeing as you've started playing again I'm going to have a catch up and keep following. How are your finances/facilities? Good luck!

Cheers mate! Facilities are alright, currently adequate Training, Basic Youth (being upgrade) and Limited Youth Recruitment, but the main thing that has been helping us is our Junior Coaching budget, which is at Exceptional. Finances are currently at 11mil.

They are both quite tough groups.I wish you the best in both of them.

Cheers! I wasn't really happy with the groups, but the team should challenge near qualification for them I hope.

Tough groups indeed, but also feasible ones - can't wait for Liechtenstein's first qualification to an international tournament. Mate - incredible choice on Liechtenstein for this challenge, it might just be one of the only ones with strong enough opposition to keep you developing strongly, whilst being very small. The thread has hugely inspired me to try something of the same, but tough to find an even remotely similar set-up. Leaning towards Faroe Islands at the moment, but feel like you'd lose good match-ups after a while, with european competitions the only chances to test against higher quality. Maybe San Marino has something of the same....

Really looking forward to seeing how this goes without Zimmermann and how much he improves by the move (though think you don't have the league loaded)

Cheers mate! I think the other set up closest to this would be the San Marino side in the Italian leagues, though I think you would automatically get better youth because of it being based in Italy. Zimmermann has haurt us a little bit, but we're actually not doing that bad without him! Schneider has stepped up massively and is really helping filling the gap. Not doing as good as last year, but still not being threatened with relegation or a really low place.

FC Ruggell Pre-Season/July - September Review

Pre-Season Friendlies 2031

Friendlies

Not the best pre-season against the big clubs, but I thrashed my two feeder clubs.

July 2031

july-1.png

Greta star tot the season, defeating Croatian club Zadar 7-2 over two games, and starting off our tie against Latvian side Metalurgs with a 4-1 win. The league started with a win and a loss.

August 2031

august-1.png

Two wins, a draw and a loss in the league, as well as two tie wins in the Europa League and a thrashing in the Swiss Cup. It was a great month without too much incident. Schneider has really been picking up his form for Zimmermann's departure as well.

September 2031

september-1.png

September started with a 8-1 thrashing in the cup, followed by winning our first group game in the Europa League.. From there, we won another cup game and picked up 4 points in the league.

League Standings

q1league-1.png

Great start, with 14 points in 8 games. Young Boys are showing off this season, with 8 win out of 8. I guess that's what happens when you outspend everyone in the league (they spent 32 mil this transfer window, while selling 12mil of players)

Second place won't last long. Galatasaray will beat us and Roma will absolutely thrash us.

Archived