[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

Just a couple of things that have popped up a game later -

500games-1.png

vaduzlink.png

servettelink.png

500 games and my very first link to another club! On top of that, another Liechtenstein club. Not that I'm gonna even think about leaving.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lichtenstein is going slow but steady. Nice to see you climbing out of the basement on the international side of things.

Thanks! Hopefully we can get further out this year!

Always nice to have a link with another club.

Yeah, it is. Shows that you really are making progress.

Looking very good for you this year, Zeireis appears to have made the difference.

He has, set up so many goals this season and slotted home a lot as well. He's still pretty young as well, so a long way to go for him I reckon.

Looking good so far,it's in your hands and I hope you pull it off.

Well, look no further then the update that's about to arrive ;)

FC Ruggell April - May/ End of Season Review

April 2025

april.png

Ruggell went into the last part of the season 7 points clear at the top, and with promotion so close, they wanted to continue their form. It started out perfectly with a 2-1 win over Thalwil, before losing 2-0 in their manager's 500th game for the club to Tuggen. Not the best way to say thanks to their long serving manager. However, it would matter little as thanks to some slip ups by YF Juventus, Ruggell won the league against Appenzell in a 2-0 victory.

May 2025

may.png

The league was secure, but Ruggell had no intention of taking their off off the pedal. They extended their lead at the top with three wins in May, starting off with a 3-1 victory over Wiedikon, where a Schneider brace broke his record at the club for most league goals scored in a season. They followed this up with a 1-0 win over Gossau, before Schneider equalled, but not quite broke the record of 31 goals scored in a 1. Lig Gruppe 3 season with 4 goals in the club 5-0 win over Grasshoppers U21.

q4league.png

Promotion!!! Well deserved in the end, we scored the most goals and conceded the least in the league and in our history. Next season Challenge league is, as the name implies, going to be a challenging season. I'd be happy with survival to be honest.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Finances are crap, let's not speak of them again.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Mostly played off the bench. Contract runs out this off season, and I can't afford to keep him on. Goodbye, our most loyal servant.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Decent year on the right flank, chipped in a few assists. The left side was much more productive.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - First time he's scored more goals than played games this season, and it's easy to see why. Broke the 200 goals barrier this season. Quite simply, a legend.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Again, very solid as an anchor man. Played every game this season and was exceptional in most of them.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Decent year at the back, I have a feeling he might be exposed a bit at the next level.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Kai Arndt also had a good year, but I think he might be a bit more suited to life in the next tier.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Ernst Jung will have no troubles stepping up. He is fantastic, from his attributes to his contribution on field.

Maximilian Riechel (YP12) - 16 assists say everything from a very productive season from the left wing back. That's double the amount from Keller on the right!

Stefan Zieries (YP13) - Unbelievable first season. 14 goals and 13 assists from the striker, exactly what I was looking for in a target man. will only get better as well, I mean it took Schneider about 3 seasons to get into it fully.

[center]FC Ruggell Season by Season

|Season    | Tier | Position |  Swiss Cup  | What Happened?     |
|---------------------------------------------------------------|
|2011/12   |  6th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!        |
|2012/13   |  5th |   1st    |  4th Round  |  Promotion!!       |
|2013/14   |  4th |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2014/15   |  4th |   7th    |  1st Round  |  Nothing           |
|2015/16   |  4th |   3rd    |  1st Round  |  Nothing           |
|2016/17   |  4th |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2017/18   |  4th |   2nd    |  6th Round  |  Nothing           |
|2018/19   |  4th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!!!      |
|2019/20   |  3rd |   5th    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis         |
|2020/21   |  3rd |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Consolidation     |
|2021/22   |  3rd |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis         |
|2022/23   |  3rd |   2nd    |  Runners Up |  Swiss Cup Finalist|
|2023/24   |  3rd |   3rd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing but draws |
|2024/25   |  3rd |   1st    |  5th Round  |  Promotion!!!!     |
-----------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Just to add to my increasing reputation in Switzerland -

youngboyslink.png

First I was linked to the Young Boys job after their manager retired. He only joined last season but led thme to the league title and also made them the first Swiss team to progress past the Champions League group stages in this save. Young Boys have been the most dominant team in Switzerland in recent years, winning the past 4 Super League titles.

joboffer.png

As expected, nothing came from Young Boys, but this came out of the blue! Recently promoted to the Super League, it would have been a major step up from my current role. But no, I will not be leaving my club.

A well deserved promotion done in style. Some things are well worth waiting for.

Thanks! It was definitely an emphatic way to gain promotion, our best season by far.

Great Job on achieving promotion. Sad you are letting Jokubowski leave though. He was your "Star" a couple of tiers down.

Yeah, it was with a heavy heart, but I was well and truly over my wage budget. In order to keep my new stars, some players had to go. It's sad, but hopefully there won't be too many more of the Youth Prospects that will have to go because they are outclassed in the next division.

Congrats on promotion finally removed the draws from your system!

Thanks :D I knew after last season it was only a matter of time before we clicked. Sometimes you need that poor season before you can progress.

Well done!:)

Looks like the second striker really made the difference

Thanks! Ziereis has been a revelation for the club, he will only get better. I'd say by the time he reaches 20, he'll be better than Schneider is currently (and that is a scary thought with those two leading the line)

Congrats on promotion!! It's nice that others are beginning to notice you as well :thup:

Thanks! It really does feel good, but at the same time it makes me long for a journeyman save. But then I play another game and I'm back to being addicted to Ruggell :p

Here's a spectacular match! I don't know how I got this win, we were completely outclassed.

FC Schaffhausen 0 - 1 Ruggell

Also just found this in my board overview, but don't remember ever seeing a news article announcing it...

newstadium.png

ziereisbid.png

Sion just bid for Ziereis, of course I wouldn't accept such a small amount. Still, he must have decent potential to be wanted by a Super League side.

Always nice to see something good happening without you realising.
Massive congrats on promotion and a new stadium,hope you can survive the challenge league.
I love how the board will reject my offer for my stadium one day, and then build it on their own the next
Congrats on the stadium! Just take it and run
Gratz on the new stadium. Hopefully they won't loan a lot of money tho to fund building the new stadium.
The new stadium should be a great asset.

It was a huge surprise, but I'm not going to expect to to go through (unless the chairman takes out a massive loan). I screwed up my preseason friendlies and made them for July/August by accident and when I found out all of the high revenue teams had friendlies prepared. So basically we're 1.2mil in debt :o Luckily we have a mid season break, so I'll make up some money then (hopefully).

Are you a Ruggell legend yet? If so, maybe the stadium will be named after you. Or it will be Ruggell Arena

Not even on the Favoured Personnel :( Schneider's a legend though, maybe he'll get to play in his own stadium :D

Also, one game away from end of September. We're out of the cup but in a position that no one would be expecting ;)

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason 2025

Fixtures

July 2025

july.png

Ruggell's first venture into the 2nd flight of Swiss football was promised as a tough adventure. However, the club seemed to fit right in with a perfect great to the season. They first defeated Winterthur 2-0, before Lausanne came from behind to draw 1-1 with the Liechtenstein club..

August 2025

august.png

Eager to continue this positive start to the new campaign, Ruggell held out FC Schaffhausen 1-0 before defeating recently relegated Servette by the same score. They then unleashed on Forward-Morges in the cup, winning 6-0. Ruggell returned to the league with even more confidence, and shot to the top of the league by defeating Malley 3-1 and Lugano 2-1. They were then handed a tough tie in the cup against fellow Challenge League side Wil, but won in a breathtaking game 5-2. The month finished in dominating style, defeating Kriens 3-0

September 2026

september.png

September turned out to be a tough month for Ruggell. The early month internationals saw both Karl-Heinz Heinrich and Arvid Keller injured for extended periods of time. The first match didn't show any signs of missing though, as Ruggell accounted for Wil 3-1. However, they ended their unbeaten run with a 2-0 loss to Bienne, before bowing out of the Swiss Cup on penalties to Serrieres. They finished the month with another loss, 3-1 to Breitenrain. Keller, and particularly Heinrich were sorely missed this month, and will be out for most of October as well.

q1league.png

Wow! Top of the table in my first season! Fantastic season so far, still a long way to go and our recent form hasn't been fantastic, but I'm confident we can continue in decent fashion, even if we drop down to mid table. We still haven't played the two Liechtenstein clubs, Eschen/Mauren and Vaduz. Eschen/Mauren is our next game while we don't play Vaduz until November (which is our last game of the first half of the season, potentially setting up an interesting ending to the league season if we are both at the top half of the table when we play on the final day). Schneider has fit in perfectly to the Challenge League, scoring in all but two games and grabbing 14 goals in 13 games.

More great progress!
Having been away from the forum for a while, there are plenty of threads to catch up one.

This one is terrific :D

Excellent start in the new league. KUTGW
Wow,that is a brilliant start.Hope you can keep that up
Brilliant start, Scarman!

Cheers fellas :D It's been an incredible start. Two bits of news items that are pretty good for the club -

injection.png

First, the board is finally going to try and bail out the club's debts after sinking to 1.2mil in the red.

baselinterest.png

And another job available to me! My reputation grows haha

I would be tempted to go to Basel, but I'm guessing you are staying with Ruggell until the end?

If I were playing a journeyman save I would on my merry way to Basel, but Liechtenstein is my home in this save ;)

And Ruggell is my Liecntenstein home as we now have the best club in the nation now as well. We beat both Eschen/Mauren and Vaduz 1-0 :D

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2025

october.png

October began with a match against fellow Liechtenstein club Eschen/Mauren, in which Ruggell would use to test themselves against another strong club in the Challenge League. A goal from Liechtenstein prodigy Stefan Ziereis secured a 1-0 win. This was followed by two games which Ruggell would hope to gain maximum points from, and they succeeded in doing so defeating Le Mont LS 2-1 and Entlebuch 1-0.

November 2025

november.png

A trip to Stade Nyonnais' home would open November for Ruggell, and the refs gave them a great start with two penalties leading to a 3-0 victory. They followed this up with a victory over Vaduz before the international break. They returned to face title challenges Lausanne who broke Ruggell's winning streak with a 1-0 win and brought the lead at the top of the table down to 3 points. Ruggell finished the month with a strong 2-0 win over Winterthur.

December 2025

december.png

December would see another tough run of games, playing regular promotion candidates Schaffhausen and recently relegated Servette FC. Things got off to a great start with a 2-0 win over Schaffhausen, before travelling to Servette's home ground. The home side took the lead early, and despite Ruggell equalising, took a lead into half time with a second goal. Kai Arndt rescued his club though, with a well taken header.

q2league.png

And we keep our lead somehow. If only we didn't lose to Lausanne, we would be a long way in front. I'm thinking at the very least we'll get a chance to playoff against 2nd last in the Super League for promotion, but I really want to keep the top spot. We do have some tough games in the run in though. Simply an amazing season so far.

Liechtenstein 2025 Review

Senior

Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

Only one win from my charges this year, and that was enough to see us gain three spots in the rankings at the end of the year. There's still a long way to go for this nation, we don't have any real star player or depth from our first 11.

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

A few wins for the U21's, enough to see off Estonia to not get last spot in their group.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

Didn't get the easiest qualifying group, and it showed with their only wins coming from friendlies.

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |       -       |     119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |      119      |     145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |      145      |     185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |      185      |     137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |      137      |     187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |      187      |     202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |      202      |     197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |      197      |     206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |      206      |     208      |   -2       |
|2019   |   37   |      208      |     205      |   +3       |
|2020   |   15   |      205      |     208      |   -3       |
|2021   |   34   |      208      |     203      |   +5       |
|2022   |   27   |      203      |     204      |   -1       |
|2023   |   45   |      204      |     204      |    0       |
|2024   |   65   |      204      |     198      |   +6       |
|2025   |   65   |      198      |     195      |   +3       |
--------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Cheers rancer & cerud! It's becoming pretty tight at the top and both us and Lausanne have been slipping up a little bit.

FC Ruggell Youth Intake 2026

youthintake-1.png

Pretty short udate this one, because the players that came through were pretty bad. One player promises to be a star of the future though.

Sebastian Zimmermann (YP14) - Forgot to grab the coach report of this fella, but he has the potential to be better than Sebastian Schneider (same as Stefan Ziereis). His determination makes me think he has a better chance of fulfilling his potential than Zieries. Pretty quick, I can imagine him, Ziereis and Schneider leading the line in a few years, The Three S's for Ruggell/Liechtenstein.

The game between my Youths and the Candidates finsihed 1-1, with Zimmermann grabbing a goal.

Zimmermann looks a pretty decent player.

He does, he hasn't started yet though so we'll just have to wait to see how he develops :D

Zimmerman like Zimmerman, but that is a really really good sequence of good results in the league. Congrats!

:D Thanks, it been pretty surprising to say the least!

Even if you're not top in the end it would be a great season.

Agreed, this season has been incredible for a new league.

Excellent progress in the league and a nice prospect in Zimmerman as well.

Cheers, it'll be interesting to see him develop :D

Do you think that after hypothethical promotion your team could won't be relegated next season?

Sorry for my English, I don't always write it, but I have many doubts about above sentence. Especially latter part. :/

Your English is pretty good :) I think if I get promoted I will be relegated straight away, there is too much of a class difference between the top teams and the bottom. Something like 25 points separate the top 8 from the other 2 teams.

FC Ruggell MidSeason/February - March Review

MidSeason 2026

Fixtures

Arranged the friendlies that I couldn't in the preseason, and got back into the black for the first time in some time. Will most likely be back in the red at the end of the season, barring prize money.

February 2026

february.png

Ruggell resumed the season with a home game to last placed Malley, eager to restart their promotion hopes. Things went accoring to plan as Schneider slotted the only goal of the match to ensure Ruggell won the only game of the month.

March 2026

march.png

March promised to be a tough month for the club, with two away games coming up. First was a trip to top half side Lugano, and in a cagey affair neither team could break the deadlock. Then followed as trip to Kriens, who at that stage were in the relegation places. An anticipated victory for Ruggell turned into disaster as Kriens picked apart the Liechtenstein club, winning 3-0. This saw Lausanne take top spot on goal difference. The final match of the month saw a home game against Wil, who despite scoring every goal in the game, lost 2-1. A very shaky month for Ruggell.

q3league.png

We're lucky Lausanne slipped up and drew, so we take back top spot by 2 points. We're spluttering into the end of the season, but so is Lausanne thankfully (though they did have a better month, picking up 1 extra point. We also scored no goals in March, relying on two own goals for our win. Something needs to change fast if we're to keep top spot.

Archived