[FM12] Taking Liechtenstein to the Top

Scarman

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great Job on winning promotion. Maybe persuade the board to make Youth Facilities?

EDIT: Just saw Update:)

Haha thanks!

Congratulations for the promotion!

Didn't know there was a club named "Old Boys" i assume they are rivals of the "Young Boys"?

Thanks! Actually, I just looked both clubs up. Old Boys are from Basel, while Young Boys are from Bern. Apparently the University of Bern hosted a game against BSC Old Boys back in 1898, afterwards they formed the BSC Young Boys club. Not sure if anything special happens when they meet in real life, but the game doesn't have them listed as rivals.

Congrats on the promotion,all the best in Tier 3!

Thanks!

FC Ruggell July - September Review

July 2019

juky.png

Our first foray into the 3rd tier was bound to be a difficult one, as we came up against promotion hopefuls Rapperswil away from home. Despite Thomas Nowakowski getting sent off in the 25th minute, the game was surprisingly even. Rapperswil managed to take a 1-0 lead into half time, but Oliver Spalt equalised on 66 minutes, as we claimed the first point of our relegation fight.

The second game was a bit crueller, as we gave up a 1 goal lead twice to draw at home. However, a point would prove valuable, particularly against a strong team such as Biachesi. A win would have been more deserved, but we started the campaign with 2 valuable points.

August 2019

august.png

August would be a very tough month, with a total of 7 games played. The month started with a very disappointing loss to fellow relegation battlers Golau, before we turned it around with our first win of the season, a phenomenal 4-0 win over Thalwil.We continued this into the Swiss Cup, with a 3-1 win over our former 4th tier opposition Kreuzlingen. We couldn't continue this form though, as we faced arguably two of the strongest teams in the competition, slumping to a 3-1 loss to Tuggen, and a 2--0 loss to YF Juventus. Better performances then I was expecting, but good performances resulting in losses won't help us against relegation.

These two games were followed by a cup game I was expecting to be thrashed in, against Challenge league team Meyrin. Instead, we played out a thrilling game. 90 minutes ended at 3-3, before another goal to both teams resulted in 4-4 after extra time,, meaning penalties would resolve the game. We were surprisingly calm at the spot, not missing a single penalty and winning the shoot out 5-3, as we claimed a historic win over our 2nd tier opposition. We couldn't continue this into the league thoguh, as we were thrashed 4-1 by Cham in the final game of the month.

September 2019

september.png

September began in the worst possible way - being thrashed 5-1 by Freienbach. We were absolutely terrible, and deserved the loss. This resulted in some changes, including a new formation (4-2-2-2). It worked, as we won our next match 3-1 over SV Schaffhausen, before having an unlucky draw with FC Ilirida. We then met 6th tier Riedholz in the Cup, and thrashed them 5-2, with Sebastian Schneider setting up 3 goals before being taken off injured. He then missed the next game to Gossau, but it mattered little as we ran out 1-0 winners.

q1league.png

Just over a third into the season, and we're about a third into our points goal. Our next two games will be crucial, as we play Balzers and Muri. We ended September in some form, and I'm hoping that it can continue for a while. We've already played 5 of the top 6 teams (although we are only 4 games away from the halfway point of the season) so with some luck we can move away from the bottom of the table and avoid a relegation dog fight. It's clear that we have a long way to go to reach the quality of the teams at the top of this league.

Nice to see you outside the relegation zone.Lets hope Schneider can keep that sort of form up!

Thanks, I hope he can as well!

Even got most yellows, and I bet he has one of the reds! Competitive chap.

Surprisingly no, that's the only thing he hasn't gotten. Wish he tone down the yellows a bit though, he missed a game because of the 5 yellows.

I'm guessing October was a good month for the team

October was good, but November was great.

The guy's a beast! Gues you have to give him credit for keeping you above relegation Congrats on the promotion from last year.

Yep, he's the only reason why we are where we are at the moment haha

FC Ruggell October - December Review

October 2019

october.png

October began with a match to bottom placed Muri, where we continued our form by winning 3-1. We followed this up with a game against 4th tier opposition FC Compesieres in the Swiss Cup. We controlled the match, but could only get 1-0 past their keeper. Still a good result, and we went on through to the 5th Round. We finished the month against fellow Liechtenstein club Balzers, where we were in control with a 1-0 win. A surprising game to say the least, I would have thought they would be more challenging. October was a perfect, and was something my players were used to after years of challenging for promotion.

November 2019

november.png

We then played 5th placed Old Boys away from home. I was expecting our good form to be stopped here. Instead Sebastian Schneider scored all the goals as we ran out 4-0 winners. Probably the teams greatest ever result. we followed this up with a 1-1 draw with 2nd placed Locarno, before returning to winning with a 1-0 win over Biachesi. However, our unbeaten run was eventually ended. 3rd tier (but different group) side Serrieres managed to beat us 2-1 in extra time to stop us on our potential cup run. It's such a shame though, as they played (and beat) Vaduz in the next round, and their next game is against a Challenge League side. We finished the month off with a respectable 1-1 draw with promotion candidates Rapperswil. Sebastian Schneider scored every goal this month (the own goal came off a shot from him) and was instrumental in bringing us up so high.

December 2019

december.png

We thankfully got a 14 day break before our next game to Goldau. We turned around their win earlier in the season with a 3-0 win, Schneider starring again. We finished the year with a 1-1 draw with Thalwil. Considering our more recent results, this was actually disappointing.

q2league.png

Wow. That's all I can say, it's been an unbelievable few months, somehow going from 4th last to 5th. We're unbeaten in the league since that 5-1 loss to Freienbach. The new tactic worked better than I dared to hope. I'd say Tuggen will be promoted, but Locarno could give them some trouble if they aren't careful.

Liechtenstein 2019 Review

Senior

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group | Rankings

Another sacking, another time I was unsuccessful applying. They managed a win in a friendly, but still got no points in qualifying. Luckily though, that one win was enough to get them off the bottom of the world.

U21

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group

A pretty big step backwards. Lost every single game, and on top of that, didn't score a goal in qualifying. Pretty rubbish year.

U19

Something positive at last. 2 wins and 4 draws meant they only lost half of their games. Also had a pretty tight qualification group. Were pretty unlucky against Latvia and Slovenia, so could have gotten through to the 2nd round of qualifying.

[center]Liechtenstein World Rankings

|Season | Points | Previous Rank | Current Rank | Difference |
|------------------------------------------------------------|
|Start  |   -    |       -       |     119      |     -      |
|2011   |  184   |      119      |     145      |   -26      |
|2012   |  103   |      145      |     185      |   -40      |
|2013   |  161   |      185      |     137      |   +48      |
|2014   |   72   |      137      |     187      |   -50      |
|2015   |   49   |      187      |     202      |   -15      |
|2016   |   66   |      202      |     197      |   +5       |
|2017   |   26   |      197      |     206      |   -9       |
|2018   |   15   |      206      |     208      |   -2       |
|2019   |   37   |      208      |     205      |   +3       |
--------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

FC Ruggell Youth Intake 2020

Youth Candidates Squad

Not the best year, only a couple of decent players. The rest were average at best, not good enough to sign.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Has some decent attributes, so will probably slot into the first team at some point, most likely next season.

Karsten Volkov - Rated as the best from this intake, but I'm not convinced yet. My goalkeeper from a couple of intakes ago, Dominic Riedel has been great this season, so it will take a lot to unseat him from his position.

Ruggell U18's 2 - 0 Youth Candidates

My current youth squad has a lot more class than this lot.

FC Ruggell January - March Review

January 2020

january.png

January was bound to be a tough month, playing both Tuggen and YF Juventus in the league. Along with the games from the Interregional Amateur Cup, it was going to be a tough month. The first game of the month ended our unbeaten streak in the league, losing 2-1 to Tuggen in an even game that we were unlucky to lose. We recovered though, and went through to the groups of the IAC by beating Lerchenfeld 3-0. This was followed by a 2-2 with FC Mohlin-Riburg/ACLI and another 3-0 win over Baar. We finished the month in the league, losing 1-0 to YF Juventus in a tight game. We were missing 4 players through suspension, including Sebastian Schneider, and they scored through a dodgy penalty call. Still, good games against two of the big tems in the comp.

February 2020

february.png

February started with a must win game. To progress through the groups of the IAC, we had to beat Le Locle. It was a tight game, but Sebastian Schneider came through for us again, slotting home the only goal in a 1-0 win. This was followed by a 1-0 loss in the league to Cham, taking our losing streak to 3. I wasn't particularly worried, though, as these were against some of the better teams in the league. Now onto the Final Stage of the IAC, playing Old Boys. Again, Sebastian Schneider ran rings around them as we ran out 4-1 winners to get through to the Quarter Final. We faced former Challenge league Schotz, relegated last season. This time, it was Marcel Wolters time to shine, getting a hat trick in the 3-1 win. Into the semi finals, we faced the current 1st placed team in 3rd tier's Group 2. Unfortunately, our form ended as we lost 3-2 from a goal in injury time. A fantastic cup run, though I would've have liked to keep going.

March 2020

march.png

After a good February, we faced a more relaxed month in March, with only 2 matches. We outplayed SV Schaffhausen in a 1-0 win, before playing out an even game with FC Ilirida, 0-0 the final result.

q3league.png

With six games to go, I'd say we have survived this season, barring a complete capitulation. Our U18 side won their group with 5 games remaining, completely dominating the competition. I'm going to aim for a 6th placed finish.

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season 2019/20 Review

April 2020

april.png

A perfect month! We started with a 3-0 thrashing of Gossau, before getting some revenge on Freienbach after our 5-1 loss at their hands earlier in the season. I only wish we could have scored more, but there's always next season. We ended off April by beating our Liechtenstein rivals Balzers 1-0, in a match that we should have scored more in. Schneider didn't have his scoring boots on!

May 2020

may.png

We began April in 5th spot, and we wanted to consolidated the position. We succeeded in doing so with a 5-0 thrashing of bottom of the table Muri. Ths was followed up by our 3rd thrashing of the season over Old Boys, this time winning 3-0. Something about that club brings out the best in the players. Our final match of the season was against 3rd placed Locarno. A win could see us finish in 4th! But Locarno were too good for us, dominating the entire match. Foruntatly, our defence held strong and was rewarded with a 0-0 draw, extending our run of no goals conceded to 8 games.

q4league.png

Fantastic season, I would not have dreamed to finish here with the start I had. I have to wonder what could have happened if we had started a bit stronger. At this stage, we'll need to improve to beat the top clubs over the season, but we can certainly give them a run for their. Hoping to improve on this great year next season, maybe cracking the top 3.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Transfers | Finances

We lost 1.2 mil this season, so I know we need at least 4 pre-season leagues to make money :p Vaduz signed one of our more promising players. Not that I mind though, he was a wingers, and I haven't played a formation with wingers since my third season. Hopefully they can develop him there.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Another solid if unspectacular season from him. Still doesn't look out of his depth at this level.

Thomas Nowakoski (YP4) - Thomas, on the other hand, struggled to make an impact, and as such his contract won't be renewed at season's end.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Had a poor start to the season, but found form around January and didn't look back.

Sebasian Schneider (YP7) - What can I say? Shattered both our and 1ere Liuge Suisse - Group 3's goalscoring records, with 36 in total and 26 in the league, equalled Nils Schmidt record 11 assists (as did Michael Ebert for the second season in a row), has set the new Highest Average Rating, Most Man of the Match awards. A record breaking season from the young striker, I can only hope he can do it again next season.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Sat out 5 months of the season with a torn calf muscle, but still managed 21 games and impressed when playing. His presence was felt when he returned, and when he returned to form, we didn't concede in our last 8 games.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - Fantastic debut season from the centre back. Was a rock all season, and is also impressing at U21 level for Liechtenstein.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Didn't get a game this season, but it is early days. Will feature next season, maybe as a regular.

[center]FC Ruggell Season by Season

|Season    | Tier | Position |  Swiss Cup  | What Happened?|
|------------------------------------------------     -----|
|2011/12   |  6th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion    |
|2012/13   |  5th |   1st    |  4th Round  |  Promotion    |
|2013/14   |  4th |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Nothing      |
|2014/15   |  4th |   7th    |  1st Round  |  Nothing      |
|2015/16   |  4th |   3rd    |  1st Round  |  Nothing      |
|2016/17   |  4th |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing      |
|2017/18   |  4th |   2nd    |  6th Round  |  Nothing      |
|2018/19   |  4th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!!  |
|2019/20   |  3rd |   5th    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis    |
------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

The Nope's did look pretty stupid actually, so when/if I get to Europe, I'll just create a different table xD

That was a brilliant first season in the third tier.Schneider was an absolute beast throughout the season for you,hope he can continue that form for you.
Very much agree with the above.

Cheers fellas! He'll be suspended for the first game, but I hopefully he'll just get better :)

Good solid first season, Arndt looks like he could be a decent defender, high determination is always good to have.

Agreed, Arndt is already my 3rd best defender (But Fehr is a better DM, so really 2nd best). A lot of my youths have been coming through with high determination and natural fitness lately.

Been following this from the start and it inspired me to start a save with Triesenberg

Great first season in 1.Liga, hope you'll keep improving next year

(I preferred the Nope, but Nothing made me chuckle as well :D )

First time I've inspired someone! :D Thanks, have fun with Triesenberg! (I'm glad my pointless season bring amusement :lol:)

Definitely a great showing for your first season in the third tier. Always tough when only one team gets promoted.

Thanks cerud!

Nice to see you making very good progress so far. :thup:

Cheers rancer!

European Championship 2020

Hosts - Belgium

Holders - France

Group Stage

Group A - France - 6; Serbia - 6; Belarus - 3, Turkey - 3

Group B - Romania - 9; Portugal - 6; Denmark - 1; Ireland - 1

Group C - Italy - 7; Hungary - 6; Greece - 3; Switzerland - 1

Group D - Scotland - 9; England - 6; Croatia - 3; Israel - 0

Group E - Spain - 9; Montenegro - 3; Belgium - 3; Slovenia - 3

Group F - Germany - 9; Russia - 4; Netherlands - 3; Bulgaria - 1

Second Round

Portugal 1 - 1 France (France progress on penalties)

Russia 3 - 2 Spain

Romania 1 - 1 Greece (Romania progress on penalties)

Croatia 1 - 0 Germany

Serbia 3 - 0 Montenegro

Belgium 0 - 2 Italy

Netherlands 3 - 0 Scotland

Hungary 0 - 2 England

Quarter Finals

France 1 - 2 Russia

Croatia 1 - 2 Romania

Serbia 0 - 0 Italy (Italy progress on penalties)

Netherlands 0 - 2 England

Semi Finals

Russia 2 - 3 England (England wins in extra time)

Romania 0 - 1 Italy

Final

England 2 - 1 Italy

Best Player - Wayne Rooney (England)

Golden Boot - Guido Paone; 7 (Italy)

Most Goals - England; 15

Most Goals Conceded - Russia; 11

So, England win despite finishing second in their group. Guido Paone looks an absolute beast for Italy, but I get the feeling neither team in the finals were really tested. The only big nation England played were the Netherlands, while Italy didn't encounter any of the traditional big nations on their path.

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

First off, I got a bit lazy so I didn't do the preseason review I usually do.

Here are the the friendlies. As you can see, it was the average preseason for us, with the profits from those leagues I'm hoping to stay in the black this season (or only go 50k into the red).

July 2020

july.png

The league started with the worst possible fixture - away to Bellinzona. A few seasons ago, they were in the Super League, but two relegations in three seasons have seen them slip into the 3rd tier. Surprisingly though, it was a relatively even game, finishing 0-0. With us missing Schneider through suspension, we lacked a cutting edge. That would disappear next game though, as we ran out 2-0 victors over Biaschesi. We went down to 9 men before halftime, due to reckless challenges and persistant fouling. Schneider erutped in the second half thoguh, forcing an own goal before scoring one himself for a fantastic win.

August 202

auust.png

August is always one of the toughest months due to the sheer amount of games that are played. First up were newly promoted Ruthi. Somehow, they held on for a 0-0 draw, before Goldau also held out for a draw at home as we conceded our first goal in 11 games. We were back to winning in our next games though, with a 1-0 win over Orsieres, before upsetting YF Juventus with the same score away from home. We followed this run of 1-0 victories with 2 more, first at home to Thalwil, before winning at Entlebuch in the cup. We finished the month with a tough trip to Cham, where we slumped to our first loss of the season, 3-2 to the home side. Schneider didn't have his scoring boots on, missing a penalty and about 3 one-on-ones, before getting back a consolation late.

September 2020

september.png

We knew we had to bounce back at the start of September to continue our fantastic start to the season. A trip to Gossau, then top of the table, would provide a stern test. We got up though, with a double from young striker Simon Stock pulling us through. Our next game was a complete disappointment, as we slumped to a 3-0 home loss to newly promoted Wiedikon ZH. It was a result that didn't reflect the performance, with our side controlling most of the game. Ultimately though, they were more clinical in front of goal. Suddenly, our defence which had only leaked 1 goal in 16 games had let in 6 in 3. We turned around that disappointing result with an unconvincing 2-1 defeat of Freienbach, before marching on in the cup with a 2-0 win over Bex. Our final match of the month was one to remember, scoring a 2-0 win over one of the promotion favourites Locarno.

q1league.png

A great start to the season, which could have been better if we had recaptured our free scoring ability from last season. Luckily, barring two games, our defence has been unbelievably solid. Schneider hasn't yet found his top form, but is still top scorer and has the most assists. The real story is coming from the defence though, where Jochen Lang and Kai Arndt are showing experience beyond their years. We have a tough month coming up, playing top of the league SV Schaffhausen, before playing Delemont away in the cup. They are also in the 3rd tier, and despite currently sitting 10th in their group, are sure to provide a tough competition. The other game of the month will be against the bottom of the league Estavayer-le-Lac. We are within touching distance of top spot, but I think we still have a few seasons left in this league.

Pity they're running away this year.

I'm not too surprised, considering the squad I have, I'm lucky to be where I am :p

How many matches in a season? 30?

Yeah 30 games, each team plays each other twice. We've played 14 so far and have slipped 11 points behind Schaffhausen.

It's still early. You just need to string together a lot of wins together. :)

Winning streaks haven't been our speciality this season :(

October 2020

october.png

October started with a tough game at home to table toppers SV Schaffhausen. They showed why they are leading the league, with a comprehensive 2-0 win, controlling a majority of the match. This was followed by an equally tough trip away to Delemont in the Cup. We started well, with a goal from Schneider giving us the lead. However, they fought back, equalising before scoring the winner in injury time. We recovered some form at the end of the month with a 1-0 win over bottom placed Estvayer-le-Lac, though the score was disappointing considering we played them off the park.

November 2020

november.png

November was a month where I was hoping to pick up 8 points. Instead, we played poorly throughout the month, first losing 2-0 to Rapperswil, before slumping to another home loss, this time to Old Boys 2-1. We were also off our game against Bellinzona, but managed to hold on for a 1-1 draw. The end of the month gave me hope, as Schneider scored his first double of the year, with a 3-0 win over Ruthi giving us some confidence leading into the last month of the year.

December 2020

december.png

December turned out to be a much better month. Schneider picked up another double in our 3-0 win over Biaschesi. The match was almost as dirty as the previous, resulting in a red card for Biaschesi, meaning 3 red cards in 2 games between us this season, and 16 yellows. The final game of the year was played away to Goldau, where we picked up a point in 0-0 draw which we should have won. The month was much better than the previous 2 though.

q2league.png

The top 3 are extremely close, but after that, there isn't much hope for promotion. I'll be happy to hold onto this spot. I'm hoping to have another good run in the IAC this season, hopefully getting past the groups again.. Finally, I'm hoping for some midfielders or another striker in my youths this season. I've been getting too many good defensive minded players lately (4 in the past 5 youth intakes). Not complaining about that, but Schneider needs some better support, and my current central mid pairing of Ebert and Behrens are outclassed too often.

Liechtenstein 2020 Review

Senior

They've done it again. Losing every game this year saw them drop back to last in the world. I wonder how many managerial changes they have to go through before they realise the national team isn't going anywhere in a hurry?

U21

A couple of decent wins, but it didn't save them from last place in their group. FC Ruggell players played some vital roles, along with former Ruggel now Vaduz winger Stadler. Some positives have arisen from the future of Liechtenstein, I just wonder if they have the ability to make a mark on the senior international stage. Even getting Liechtenstein back into the top 200 would be an achievement at the moment.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group 1 | Qualifying Group 2

First Liechtenstein side to qualify for anything, even if it's just the next stage of qualification. I don't expect much more considering the strength of opposition they're up against in their new group, but it is a step forward.

|2019   |   37   |      208      |     205      |   +3       |
|2020   |   15   |      205      |     208      |   -3       |
--------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

FC Ruggell 2021 Youth Intake

Youth Candidates Squad

Starting to see some players with lesser ability, so it means we are getting somewhere (I Hope). Again, there was only one stand out player, with a couple of decent backup looking players as well.

Ernst Jung - YP11 (Coach Report) - Yes! I was hoping for a midfielder, and I got it. Looks more defensive minded then the playmaker I was hoping for, but I can move Jokubowski (YP3) to a more advanced role now, and have Jung and Fehr in the defensive mid roles. Definetely looking good enough to slot into the team, great physicals and decent mentals as well.

Ralf Beckmann - This years goalkeeper, has decent potential, but I don't see Dominic Riedel being unseated from his goalkeeper throne any time soon.

Manuel Kessel - Has decent pace, but probably won't be any more than a backup in the future.

Dennis Hofmann - Apperntly has the same current ability as Jung, but I don't see it. Still, has the potential to be decent.

Christopher Pohl - With Lang and Arndt controlling the central defence spots, Pohl will be little more than backup.

The match between the current youths and the candidates finished 1-0 to the current youth team.

FC Ruggell January - March Review

January 2021

january.png

The new year started off with a disappointing loss to YF Juventus. The game could have gone either way, unfortunately a penalty saw them take the lead with 20 minutes to go, and we couldn't recover from that. This was followed by our first game of the IAC, a 3-0 win over Winkeln SG. Schneider scored 2 goals during the match, and continued that next game, with both goals in our 2-0 win over Embrach. This was followed with a tough game to SV Schaffhausen in our 2 game in the groups, a 0-0 result the fairest after an even game. After three straight IAC games, we were back in the league with a game away to Thalwil. We left it late, but scored 3 goals in the final 20 minutes to take home a strong victory. Finally, we were left with a to Neiderweningen, who we had to come from behind to beat 2-1. We finished on 7 points, equal with SV Schaffhausen. Their +5 goal difference saw them progress from the groups, which was disappointing as we could have beaten them on our day.

February 2021

february.png

Only one game in February due to our short lived IAC campaign, but it was a great game as we thrashed Cham 4-0. Centre back Kai Arndt somehow scored a hat trick, with a penalty, a tap in from a deflected shot and a bicycle kick from the near post at a corner. An unbelievable display from the kid.

March 2021

march.png

Into March, and with that began the count in to the end of the season. The first game against Wiedikon ZH put us 8 points in front of them. However, we couldn't find the winner in our next game with a 1-1 draw to Gossau, leaving our spot still not fully secured. I think we can stay in 5th. Besides SV Schaffhausen and Locarno, the run in is fairly tame so I should be able to pick up the points. The games against the bottom two clubs should help in securing the spot.

q3league.png

A good few months, the only loss being to YF Juventus that could have gone our way if we had a bit of luck. Either way, I'm happy with how the boys have played. SV Schaffhausen have dropped away from top place and now it looks like Bellinzona are going to be promoted. At the other end, it looks like the relegations is all but assured. 8 points separate 15th from 14th, and I think it's a bit too late for either team to turn around their form.

It's been a good season and you have the best defence which is a good showing :D
More goals would be a better showing.

Yeah, if we can improve the attack, I'd say a top 3 finish is achievable. The defence has been fantastic though, barring a few slip ups earlier in the season against Cham and Wiedikon.

Ernest Jung looks like a great youth candidate! Glad to see someone getting them ;)

Jung definitely looks like he'll play a role for a while. Just wish I could get another good striker to come through.

FC Ruggell April - May/End of Season Review

April 2021

april.png

A pretty symmetrical month. Our 2-0 loss to Locarno was pretty pathetic, we didn't show up. We showed up against Freienbach, but weren't clinical enough as we drew 0-0. Finally though, we dominated Estavayer, winning 2-0 and having a mammoth 77% of the possession.

May 2021

may.png

After controlling our last match so easily, we were completely played off the park by SV Schaffhausen, somehow managing a 1-1 draw. Similarly, we played poorly against Raperswil, but managed another 1-1 draw. We finished the season off strongly with a 2-0 win over Old Boys, with a Sebastian Schneider brace ensuring the victory.

q4league.png

Same position as last season, with the same amount of wins, one more draw and one less loss meaning we grabbed one more point than last season. Our defence was rather spectacular, conceding the least goals in the league. If we can keep that and improve our attack, promotion won't be out of our grasp. As it stands, I think we are one great striker away from promotion. Schneider can't do all the work by himself.

Squad | Club Info | Facilities | Finances | Transfers

Good, we didn't go too far into the red. That should mean if I organise 4 more leagues this season, I should stay in the black by about 50k next season, depending on prize money earned throughout the year.

Youth Prospects

Lennart Jokubowski (YP3) - Still playing decently, but probably won't be able to play much beyond this level. Barring injuries, will have the most appearances for the club after next season.

Arvid Keller (YP6) - Broke the 100 appearance barrier this season, and played fantastic throughout the season. Had the second highest average rating, showing he has consistency.

Sebastian Schneider (YP7) - Scored 21 goals this season. Not as prolific as last season, but still had a great return. Broke 100 appearances this season, and hopefully will become the clubs top goalscorer next season.

Florian Fehr (YP8) - Wasn't held back by injuries this season, and his game kept improving. Really becoming a great anchor man.

Jochen Lang (YP9) - One of the central defenders, definitely showing experience and maturity beyond his years.

Kai Arndt (YP10) - Showed even more maturity in his first season than Lang showed in his second. Only picked up one booking this season compared to Lang's 6 yellows and 1 red. Improved phenomenally throughout the season.

Ernst Jung (YP11) - Played every game after he came through. Stil too early to judge him, but played decently. Was a bit worried when he picked up a yellow early in his first game, but hasn't been in the ref's books since.

[center]FC Ruggell Season by Season

|Season    | Tier | Position |  Swiss Cup  | What Happened?|
|----------------------------------------------------------|
|2011/12   |  6th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion    |
|2012/13   |  5th |   1st    |  4th Round  |  Promotion    |
|2013/14   |  4th |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Nothing      |
|2014/15   |  4th |   7th    |  1st Round  |  Nothing      |
|2015/16   |  4th |   3rd    |  1st Round  |  Nothing      |
|2016/17   |  4th |   2nd    |  5th Round  |  Nothing      |
|2017/18   |  4th |   2nd    |  6th Round  |  Nothing      |
|2018/19   |  4th |   1st    |  1st Round  |  Promotion!!  |
|2019/20   |  3rd |   5th    |  5th Round  |  IAC Semis    |
|2020/21   |  3rd |   5th    |  4th Round  |  Consolidation|
------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

FC Ruggell PreSeason/July - September Review

PreSeason 2021

Fixtures

Another 4 leagues, with some surprise wins over a couple of the super League teams. Hopefully with that money I can stay in the black this season. Will be dependant on cup runs though, we're losing close to 120k each month.

July 2021

july.png

We were hoping to imrpove this season, with more goals and a similar defence the main goal. As seems to be the norm, the season kicked off away from home. This year, we travelled to Biaschesi. Thanks to goals by Schneider and Stock, we opened our season with a 2-1 win. We followed this up with a great 2-0 win over YF Juventus, before finishing off the season with a 0-0 draw with SV Schaffhausen. These results gave us our best start to a league since 2017/18. It provided a great platform to build on for the season.

August 2021

august.png

This month, we seemed to fall back into our shell a bit. The first game against Goldau could have been 3-0, but Schneider missed 2 penalties. This was followed by another 1-0 win in the cup, before Schneider missed another penalty as we drew 0-0 with Bruhl. The bad luck continued in the next match, as we conceded late to draw 1-1 with Wiedikon ZH, before winning the 2nd Round of the Swiss Cup 2-0 over Kloten. We ended the month in disappointing fashion though, losing 1-0 to Locarno.

September 2021

september.png

The start of September saw us face off against fellow Liechtenstein club Balzers, where we left it late to secure a 2-1 win. Our inconsistency got the better of us next game though, as Rapperswil defeated 1-0 to push ahead of us. Our next game against Cham looked headed for a draw as well, before Lang headed in from a corner to give us a much needed win. Our next game was in the 3rd round of the cup against non-league side Raron. Our superiority showed as we thumped them 5-0, Schneider scoring 3 and setting up 2. We then faced Thalwil, a team I expected maximum points from. However, we played pretty disappointingly and slumped to a 1-1 draw

q1league.png

Still pretty close at the top. We will need to start playing a bit more consistently to challenge for top spot though. I think we are 2 good players (more accurately, a good play maker midfielder and target man striker) away from being consistent. Still doing pretty rubbish up front, equal third worse attack. Thankfully we still have the best defence in the league. Next month will be tough, we are playing top place Gossau and recently relegated Sarnen. Hopefully, their poor form will go in our favour. Our cup game is against 5th tier Boudry, so I'm hopeful of progression there. Overall, it's looking to be another similar season for the club.

I've just read through all of this - an excellent career so far, Scarman, and I'll keep following your efforts. :thup:
good career so far. good luck with the rest will give it a follow

Thanks Spav & FMtillidie! :D

Looks like last seasons problems are popping up,hope you can turn it around somehow.

It's picked up a bit since then, 13 goals in 6 league games!

Are your attacking players not very good?

Besides Schneider, no. Our best players are defensive, hence the best defence in the league and all that haha.

[video=youtube_share;58ZAFJ9pLNc]

I thought this game was a bit uncharacteristic! Some decent goals in there, Schneider's was pretty classy and Markus Holzer's was a screamer.

October 2021

october.png

October started with some international fixtures, with Fehr, Schneider, Lang, Arndt and Riedel all earning their first caps, and Keller being called back into the squad for the first time in a few years. They rode that high into the next league game, played against struggling Sarnen. Schneider slotted 2 goals and Jokubowski scored the third in a 3-1 win. We followed this up with 2-0 win in the Cup, and another 2-0 win over Gossau. However, we ended the month disappointingly, with a 2-0 loss to recently relegated Chiasso.

November 2021

november.png

We regained form in our next game, defeating Ruthi 2-0 to finish off the first half of the season. Our next game we ran out 1-0 victors over Biaschesi, in a tough game that prepared us for the next round of the Swiss Cup. It was going to be a tough game, against Super League club Young Boys. We played pretty well, but couldn't score. Young Boys got a late goal and knocked us out in a valiant effort against a great club. This was followed up with an entertaining 5-3 win over YF Juventus. A great month, 3 wins from 3 in the league.

December 2021

december.png

SV Schaffhausen met us in our first game of December. It was an even game and that reflected on the scoreboard. 1-1 was the result. We then met bottom placed Goldau, who have terrible attack and defence. We got another 5 goal haul, while they got one back. It was a great way to finish off the year, and puts us in great stead for the new year.

q2league.png

Our attack has suddenly spiked up to 8th in the league, while our defence is now 2nd best. 3 points off top spot, and we've still got to play Wiedikon (away) and Rapperswil (home). I wasn't expecting this, but if we get the right results, we could grab promotion this season.

Liechtenstein 2021 Review

Senior

The win and the draw lifted them off the bottom of the world (finally). Luxembourg have taken their place as worst team in Europe and the World, so at least Liechtenstein can claim that now. World Cup campaign was horrendous, 52 conceded in 10 games is simply unspeakable in my opinion.

U21

A poor year for the U21's, with only a draw with Andorra preventing them from losing every game. Dead last in their qualifying, and looking more and more likely not to be progressing anywhere any time soon.

U19

Manager | Fixtures | Qualifying Group (Stage 2; Previous Campaign) | Qualifying Group (Recent Campaign)

Decent year. As I expected, didn't gain anything from their 2nd phase group, but I feel they should have progressed from their 1st phase group at the end of the year. I don't see how Albania are beating us at every level.