FM12 Montpellier Herault SC

DirtyJoe

I agree on the Jourden front, been a brilliant keeper for me. Im going to look at someone new in January but he is brilliant. Nearly signed Morgan Di Sanctis from Napoli but couldnt agree contract terms :(. Jourden is brill for me though. What about Stamboulli because he has become brilliant for me, and El katouri for that matter.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having major problems putting away chances this season.. I was offered Ben Arfa 4mill & hes french which is a plus so snapped him up but my team cannot score 9 league games 7 goals! won 4 games 1-0 lol

Hope every ones saves are going well, having computer issues might have to transfer my game onto the laptop so frustrating :(

I think I am about 5th after 10 games but its pretty close between us all apart from Lyon who are about 10 points in front of the rest, They've won every game and don't look like slowing down

This thread has really died a death :( was a good one as well. Oh well still might as well post an update.

Summer Signings

IN

Yaya Sanogo: Free

Carlos Fierro: 1mill

Ramon(WBL): 4mill

Neil Cardozo: 7mill

Bertlasconi(DM/MC/AMC): 2.5mill

Pogba: Loan, future fee 7.5 mill

Robbie Cotton: Free

Josue(DC): 1mill

Out

John Utaka: 6mill

Sylla: Loan

Released lots

Fierro, Sanogo and Ramon were deals that had already been agreed in the season. Needed some cover up top and WBL was the weakest area of the team so brought in a replacement there. Really wanted to keep Utaka as he had played well for me but West Brom came in with a 6mill bid so couldnt really say no. Splashed the cash on Cardozo who is younger and better so long term a good bit of business, he has been a briliant signing but the fans absoloutely despise him. Job stability went from Utouchable to Stable after that signing couldnt understand why. Dont think I have spelt Bertlasconi right but hey ho, close enough. Him, Pogba and Cotton were brought in as cover and for the future really. Although after an injury to Belhenda and Muralha Pogba has started quite a few games. Josue was a 15 year old Spanish DC regen who was nothing short of immense, 1mill is an abolute bargain, with potential to be better than Mbiwa im really confident with that lad.

Beginning of season

5 games in and unbeated, 4 wins 1 draw and still not top. OM have won every game and conceded 1 goal, and that was against Lille. So it will probably be a tough season, need to get results from the big sides. Team playing absoloutely brilliantly after a switch around with the tactics. Progressed to the group stages of the Euro Cup afer coasting past Ari. Then got Athletico Madrid, Basel and some Czech side in my group. So that will be loads of fun, dont think I have a strong enough team to challenge there.

The Tactic

Got rid of the three at the back formation which, although the theory was correct I just wasnt convinced by it and replaced it with 4-2-3-1 midfield pivot.

----------GK--------

--WB-DC---DC-FB--

------DM------------

------------MC------

-AMR---AMC---AML-

----------ST----------

Team Instructions

Philosophy: Rigid

Strategy: Standard although against weaker teams start attacking strong teams start counter.

Passing: Short

Closing Down: high

Tackling: More Cautious

Crosses: Drill crosses.

Also have St set to target man and change between "To feet" and "run onto ball" depending on which striker im playing.

I have increased CF and Roaming to the max on the three AM's and the MC. I wanted the back five players to stay pretty solid and not venture forwards much (apart from the WB) and then the front four to be roaming moving offering passng options, creating gaps here there and everywhere. The three Central players or the Pivots as I like to call them or the spine of the team. The DM sits deep and always offers a passing option, his RFD are set to often but he has high decisions so he only bombs forward at the right opportunity. The MC controls the game, he also bombs forward into gaps and I like him to do this a lot more often than the DM. The AMC is the creative hub, the Trequarista, the place where every mve stems from. This lad needs high stamina, creativity, passing, shooting. The all round attacking force. Giroud has scored 10 goals in five games using this tactic, so Sanogo is a little bored warming the bench, He will ge this chance one day.

nobody is probably going to read that but hey why not/

I read it, and am going to try something similar having just got the Malaga job and inherited 6 (SIX) 6'2"minimum height target men

I read it, and am going to try something similar having just got the Malaga job and inherited 6 (SIX) 6'2"minimum height target men

Six, wow. Dont set them up with a target man role though, set him as target man in team instructions. Giroud for me is set up as a poacher but is still a target man. Has always worked well for me

The DM,MC,AMC take a lot of tweaking to get right, took me a few games to get them working right. If you want more information on the current version let me know :)

• 2 months later...

My friend and I currently have a network game running where I am managing Montpellier. We're now into March and I'm sitting 6th in the league. Played 26 14-3-9 Goal difference 43-32. Both Giroud (23 goals so far) and Belhanda (7.56 av.rat.), my two stars performers, have had their spells on the sidelines with injuries/The Africa Cup of Nations, but now they're back and my form has improved.

We started the game with no transfer budgets, and I did not get any funds in January either. I was, however, able to bring Jonathan dos Santos in on loan. He has slotted in just fine, 'though he got sent off for hacking down an opponent recently. Camara has chipped in with 9 goals and some assists, but I recently accepted a £5 mill. offer from Wolves so he will be leaving in the summer. Utaka, also aging, will be leaving in the summer, I accepted a £4.2 mill. bid from Villarreal. Vladimir Weiss will be coming in to replace him/them, as he already has accepted my contract offer. Yaya Sanogo will also be joining our ranks in the summer on a free.

Will post when the season finishes.

Archived