Laptop For FM

Good midrange laptop processor, and enough RAM. Intel Core i5 would be good, and minimum 4 GB RAM. The onboard graphic chip in the processor will do an adequate job with the 3D graphics of FM, but if the laptop comes with a additional graphic card, it's ok too. A midrange card would do then, something like a Nvidia GT 540M or GT 630M, or AMD HD 6650M.

I've got an Acer Aspire 6920G which I've had for about three years, and it runs FM12 fine with the majority of the leagues set as playable. You don't need a top spec laptop to run FM12 well. A mid-range laptop will do the job. I'd go with something around the £450-£500 range. I also recommend looking on websites for refurbished laptops. You can get a more powerful laptop at a cheaper price if you buy one refurbished. I agree with thomit that you should aim for i5, 4GB, and an ATI or NVIDIA graphics card.

Whilst it isn't a laptop, would this desktop PC be good enough to run a decent amount of leagues quickly? I'm a technological n00b, you see.

Intel Core i7-2600 (3.40 GHz. 850 MHz, 8MB cache memory)

Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM 12GB

- DDR3

- 1333 MHz

Graphics card Nvidia GT545

Hard drive 1.5TB

- 5400rpm

- SATA

Whilst it isn't a laptop, would this desktop PC be good enough to run a decent amount of leagues quickly? I'm a technological n00b, you see.

RAM 12GB

- DDR3

- 1333 MHz

Hard drive 1.5TB

- 5400rpm

- SATA

More than enough in there. How much is that desktop costing you?

I've not bought it yet, just looking for one at the moment, but that particular desktop costs £1k.

1k! deary me i wish i had that lying around that machine is quite impressive. I have just been looking at laptops and found one that i think would play FM fine for about £370 on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Pentium-DVDSMDL-Windows-Premium/dp/B006VQULQU/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1 It isnt an I3 processor but windows rating of 6.0 and i3 only get 6.7

RAM 12GB

- DDR3

- 1333 MHz

Hard drive 1.5TB

- 5400rpm

- SATA

You would fly through playing with that kind of spec

I have an i5 with 3gb of RAM and it runs fine, no lagging

1k! deary me i wish i had that lying around that machine is quite impressive. I have just been looking at laptops and found one that i think would play FM fine for about £370 on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Pentium-DVDSMDL-Windows-Premium/dp/B006VQULQU/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1 It isnt an I3 processor but windows rating of 6.0 and i3 only get 6.7

I know same, splashing out a casual £1k on a desktop, standard. Im currently toying with whether to get a laptop or desktop, really tough decision. I have a tablet for portable web browsing etc but cant play FM around the house :/

I know same, splashing out a casual £1k on a desktop, standard. Im currently toying with whether to get a laptop or desktop, really tough decision. I have a tablet for portable web browsing etc but cant play FM around the house :/

Laptop every day of the week

Unless of course you like to sit in a room away from the Mrs and/or kids

Well to be fair the last time I purchased a computer (laptop) was five years ago and it's nearing the end. I want a desktop as I've heard you get more for your money and I don't need the portability. It's an investment really, I wouldn't expect to be buying another one for another five years or so, maybe even longer as you can upgrade desktops.

Well to be fair the last time I purchased a computer (laptop) was five years ago and it's nearing the end. I want a desktop as I've heard you get more for your money and I don't need the portability. It's an investment really, I wouldn't expect to be buying another one for another five years or so, maybe even longer as you can upgrade desktops.

Thats my current train of thought. I have a tablet for the portability so thats not needed. Just concerned that I wont be able to play FM on the move

Archived