English Level 10 Pyramid [rebuild of the Golden Eagles database]

Erimus1876

English Level 10 Pyramid.

Research & data entry by Golden Eagles.

League rebuild, full club names, and editing by Erimus.

This is born out of the ambitious level 14 database started by Golden Eagles in November 2011. Unfortunately the original level 14 database never worked well for many people due to the massive amount of processing time it took to run so many leagues & cups, as well as other cruicial errors and issues that went unfixed.

So I've rebuilt the leagues, revamped the youth & reserve league structures, added missing data, fixed the issues that needed looking into, and made it playable for those of us who found level 14 too slow and unstable to enjoy. I've also entered the full club names to make it look more realsitic by getting rid of the abbreviated team names. All in all I've made approx. 81,000 additional database changes to the initial GE db.

GE English Pyramid 2.00: database changes 113768

With revamped English Level 10 & merged full names DB: database changes 194763

Major changes & fixes made:

• Fixed the league fixtures issue. They are now back to how they should be, with the majority being played at weekends and on the whole uneffected by custom leagues & cups.
  • Restored the original FA Cup (GE's version had some issues that I couldn't fix, so I've put the default SI one back in). FA Cup starts at the 2nd Qualifying round, which includes level 6, 7, 8, and some level 9 clubs.
  • Added promotion play-offs to most level 7, 8, 9, and 10 leagues.
  • To further decrease processing time; removed 40+ county cups and replaced them with the FA Vase (for level 9 & 10 clubs) and the Regional Challenge Trophy (for level 7 & 8 clubs).
  • Added regionalised Reserve leagues - complete with promotions & relegations.
  • Added correct reserve fixture venues for most of the bigger clubs.
  • Added 7-tier Youth league structure - complete with promotions & relegations. All 116 Premiership, Football League, and Conference Premier clubs' youth teams take part. The School of Excellence includes the best 14 youth academies in England. This league and the NextGen Tournament are a great place to scout talented youth players.
  • Added correct or more realistic U18 fixture venues for most of the bigger clubs (so they're not playing in empty 60,000 seater stadiums!).
  • Fixed "B" team and Reserve team attendances.
  • Added stadiums for all the teams that didn't previously have them (now all 3,330 English league clubs have them).
  • Set amatuer status for all level 10 and below clubs.
  • Corrected approx. 100 spelling & grammatical errors in team names, competition names, and city names.
  • Added kits to some clubs that were left with default colours.
  • Added synthetic pitches for around 200 of the lower level clubs (to add some variety) and reduced the quality of the majority of the remaining low-level grass pitches (to add some reality).
  • Added more variety to pitch dimensions; they are not all set at the default 71 yards x 111 yards as before, but now vary in size.
  • Increased the probablity of snowy and icey pitches during UK winter.
  • Added winter orange ball to league and cup campaign (it'll be used from Dec 21st - Jan 21st) as well as for any snow-covered pitch outside those dates. I recommend downloading the brighter ball mod (linked below).
  • Facilities for lower level clubs have been significantly lowered to more realistic levels.
  • Lower level attendances reduced to more realistic levels.
  • Tweaked the regen quality of some nations (the default settings were set too high for some minor nations).
  • Successfully merged the Full Club Names database with Golden Eagles' db (see screenshots below), so all 3,330 English clubs, plus all the European teams from their respective top two divisions, now have full names entered into all three naming fields in the editor. Full club names will now appear in fixtures, tables, and the match screen.

Example...

Full Names in League Tables...

tablewx.jpg

Full Names in Fixture Lists...

fixturesx.jpg

Full Names in the scoreboard...

scoreboardi.jpg

Minor changes & fixes made:

• Far too many to list...

There are two remaining issues I can't resolve...

• The Championship, League 1 and League 2 promotion play off finals are no longer a single match at Wembley, they are instead all 2-leg home & away ties (like they were back in the early 1990's).
  • Occassionally some clubs will migrate from one league to another (example: Runcorn Linnets from the Northwest League joined the Northern League Div 1 in season 2012/13 on my game). This could be a flaw in the editor and not the database as setting boundaries and designated regional leagues doesn't really help much.

I haven't, and won't, be adding an extended FA Cup or FA Trophy. They caused me too much trouble in the past so I'm sticking with the default SI cup competitions since they work well and already have some of the early qualifying rounds in them.

Setting up a game:

Its takes me 10 minutes to set up a game, so be patient, even if it says 'Not Responding'.

Don't have any other databases ticked when setting up a game as it may conflict and cause errors with this one.

The database is tested with patch 12.2. If you get the "not enough teams in league x" error when trying to set up a game, unfortunately there is nothing I can do. It seems to be an issue for some people but not for others. If you can't set a game up for whatever reason, I recommend using the saved game file instead.

Average time to holiday 1 season takes 4 hours (tested with an AMD Turon Dual Core 2.2GHz processor).

Links:

Link1... http://www.mediafire.com/?rlkwg8g7929x28a

Link2... http://www.gamefront.com/files/21436219/Level+10+v1.02.dbc

Database goes here:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data

Level 10 Saved Game [Day 1]

http://www.mediafire.com/?2z00eyj9t9vh02b

Saved Game goes here:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\games

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Extra:

Brighter Ball Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?lq3lhqdwy6npiit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit goes to Golden Eagles who put a lot of time and effort in with research & data entry. All the information for the added 2,200+ teams, county cups, and cities he entered remain in this database, so if you want to add your own leagues and cups to this L10 db, the data is already there for you.

A lot of work put into this, & hopefully it is a success for you. Can I ask what are the issues in regard to the full FA Cup & Trophy and whether you plan to put the county cups back in again in the future, as these do make it more of an realistic experience.

As far as I know the main FA Cup problem on the older GE database was it wasn't giving a place in europe to the winners, or beaten finalists if the winners had already qualified via the league. Also the semi finals would be played midweek due to the fixture bug. I tried FCUtdWills' full FA Cup code but it wouldn't work with GE's db either. With the default SI FA Cup none of those are issues, it works properly, thats why I've put it back into this newer database.

In regards to the county cups, I replaced them with the FA Vase and a regional league cup to increase processing speed. Effectively replaced 40+ extra competitions, 39 of which you'd probably never compete in anyway, with 2 region-wide competitions that you'll take part in.

All the data for those county cups is still in the database so its pretty easy to put them back in if people want to do it themselves. I have no plans to as my PC is probably at its limits already with the level 10 leagues.

I think there could be a skill-level threashold the game has when generating players in new saves because I've set the club reputations, competition reputations, and club infrastructures to pretty low values for all the lower leagues, but you still get some decent players being created at those levels... so there's not much more that can be done in that area to be honest.

Also it may be a little more difficult in the 2nd and 3rd seasons as more clubs turn semi-pro and thereby make it harder for you to pick up those decent freebees. And the thing with amateur contracts is other teams can, and often will, come and sign your better players off you too. It works both ways. I just lost a striker who scored 18 in 20 to a team one level higher than me... nothing much I could do about it except go poach one from somewhere else. Being an amateur club I've found it difficult at times to keep a decent team intact throughout a season. Sometimes you'll have a high turnover of playing staff during a season while your club is at amateur status - but I think thats true to life in the lower leagues where there are no proper binding contracts.

Hey Erimus

Great work on this db just one thing that I was unhappy with - most teams in level 9 are semi pro in RL but they are all amateur on the game except the ones that got releagted from the regional divisions in season 10/11. I know this cos my local team plays in the kent league and they pay there players, a guy who went my school use to get 60 quid a week for playing in the kent league plus if you check alot of the teams at that level they actually stated to be semi-pro in RL. Level 10 downwards there maybe the odd semi pro team like Guernsey but not many I reckon. Is there a quickfix for it in the editor to tick all level 9 teams to be semi pro? cos i understand it would take a while to change them all individually.

I was gonna manage my local kent league side in level 9 but they are amateur which kinda bugged me :( ...

I dont mean to sound unappreciative cos you guys put so much work into it and its a great database

Yes its easily changed in the editor as you can mass-edit the team status, just sort the teams by their divisions in the editor and highlight the ones you want to change. The team status is on the main club details panel.

However you'll find that after the first season quite a lot of teams go semi-pro anyway, and even more after the second season, so if you don't want to mess around with the editor, you could just holiday the first season and then chose a lower league team to manage that turned semi-pro for season 2012/13 :)

Not a criticism, just noticed a few things in the 2 leagues I'll be playing in the most, Crook aren't in the Northern League Div 1, who are Grangetown Boys Club and South Bank AFC, and what are they doing in the Northern League Div 2, along with Redcar and Jarrow? Also, where are West Allotment Celtic?

I added a few extra teams to some leagues as there were issues with the original FA Cup not finding enough teams from certain leagues, and problems with not enough teams in certain leagues on an earlier rebuild of GE's database that people reported (the rebuilt level 11 one). I think the Northern Leagues 1 & 2 were one of the problems, but adding some new teams to Div 1 & Div 2 fixed it. The same issues happened with the Hellenic Leagues East & West, but likewise adding a couple of extra teams to those leagues also fixed the 'not enough teams in league x' error.

Crook Town are in the Northern League Div 2 I think? If you want them in Div 1 they can be easily swapped with a team already there via the editor. Also West Allotment are still in the database too as no teams have been deleted, so again they can easily be added to any league you want using the editor. I think I replaced them with South Bank, who were founder members of the Northern League back in the 1880's, and one of the oldest clubs (although I think they're now extinct). Likewise they can be easily swapped with West Allotment if you want West Allotment to start in the game instead.

If you're playing in the Northern League Division 1 you may find a club from the North West Counties or Eastern Counties or some other level 10 league may migrate and join your league after the first season. It happened on my game (I started as West Auckland Town in the NL1 and I think Runcorn Town joined my league in the 2012 season). I've mentioned this in the first post. I have no idea why it happens and suspect its a bug within the game iteself as I've set the appropriate boundaries for each league, yet it still sometimes occurs and I've read it happens on other regional databases too, not just this one. I think its been reported as a bug to SI, so there's not much that can be done about it for FM12. Hopefully it'll be sorted for FM13.

Just a heads up if it happens on your game and you wonder why. :)

I've been having a lot of fun playing this database and have quickly progressed to League 1 in 8 seasons. However, my attendances are still hovering at around 450 - is this likely to increase to a level more in keeping with the status of the league or will I be doomed to a tiny attendance forever? I've endured two bankruptcies already!

I've been having a lot of fun playing this database and have quickly progressed to League 1 in 8 seasons. However, my attendances are still hovering at around 450 - is this likely to increase to a level more in keeping with the status of the league or will I be doomed to a tiny attendance forever? I've endured two bankruptcies already!

Not sure why thats occured, could be yet another bug in the editor, or something I missed in editing the lower league club data. I think the only way to overcome that problem is to use something like FMRTE to upgrade your attendances to more realistic League 1 numbers. I wouldn't class using FMRTE in this case as cheating, since you're effectivlely just fixing something the game should have done automatically.

I've just checked the database and the lower league clubs all have realistic stadium sizes and very basic infrasturcture (ie training facilities etc). Unfortunately as you move up the leagues FM doesn't recognise the fact that you're no longer a lowly level 10 club, but one contending Football League status. Either your reputation hasn't increased as it should have, or your board just don't have the money to upgrade your stadium. Or more likley its FM itself that just doesn't have a feature within it yet that prevents clubs from gaining promotion if their stadium doesn't reach minimum standards (like in real life). If it did your board would likely borrow money to upgrade if they're ambitious, or inform you they can't afford to progress any further at the moment.

In this case I'd use FMRTE to override the game shortcomings and upgrade your stadium to L1 status yourself if you want your club to progress.

While I'm here I just want to make people aware of a very bad problem with the Add/Remove leagues feature within Football Manager 2012. Basically if you want to play long career games in FM12 don't add leagues to your game once you've started.

I recommend reading this thread to get a better idea of some do's and don'ts.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/304195-The-Add-Remove-leagues-problem...

Hopefully SI will fix it for FM13 since I doubt we'll see another patch this year.

I've just checked the database and the lower league clubs all have realistic stadium sizes and very basic infrasturcture (ie training facilities etc). Unfortunately as you move up the leagues FM doesn't recognise the fact that you're no longer a lowly level 10 club, but one contending Football League status. Either your reputation hasn't increased as it should have, or your board just don't have the money to upgrade your stadium. Or more likley its FM itself that just doesn't have a feature within it yet that prevents clubs from gaining promotion if their stadium doesn't reach minimum standards (like in real life). If it did your board would likely borrow money to upgrade if they're ambitious, or inform you they can't afford to progress any further at the moment.

In this case I'd use FMRTE to override the game shortcomings and upgrade your stadium to L1 status yourself if you want your club to progress.

Interesting - I'd wager there's something wrong with the way FM is handling the club's reputation, as the attendance average of 450 isn't even close to the 1000 capacity ground. The board are unlikely to upgrade the stadium without the necessary support.

• 2 months later...

I started this database with Prescot Cables in the Northern Premier Division 1 North (Tier 8) and I'm currently in 2015/16, my highest attendance in the Blue Square Premier is 2126 vs Stockport County and my lowest attendance was against Cheltenham Town (3rd home game of the season) at 1119 at the 4400 capacity stadium, also my average attendance was 587 in the BSN and 1438 in BSP (as of 1st November) so the average attendance for me isn't really a problem. The only problem with the database is, understandably, it is slow, but using GameBooster and cleaning up some things on the computer speeds it up. Fantastic database to use though. :thup:

Archived