Home-Grown Status Assistance

I'm playing in the US and haven't really encountered the bramble bushes of "Homegrown" status before. Is it true that a player can only acquire the "Trained at Club" homegrown status if they've come to you as a youth prospect?

I signed a couple of kids at age 15 either as free agents or from other clubs, and now, three years on, they appear to still be only "Trained in Nation". I've not had much dealings with homegrown rules in the past, so I may have just got the wrong end of the stick, but surely if they've trained at the club for at least three years between age 15-21, they should warrant that status?

5z35fp.jpg

This guy, for example, will still be a baby at 14 when he signs at the start of the next transfer window (literally, judging by his physicals), will he ever stand a chance of acquiring "Trained at Club (15-21)" as a status? And does it matter that he's not American?

On your squad screen, you can select a view with "homegrown status", what does it say on the kids that already been three years on your club? It should tell you the date when they are getting HG from the club.

I don't know if it works differently on the US, all it should take it's three complete years on your club for a player to gain homegrown status, the nationality doesn't matter.

I am managing in Portugal at the moment and signed a Croatian defender when he was 17, he is now listed as club homegrown at 21.

Relating to this topic, if I sign someone who is already 18, maybe even almost 19, will he still be homegrown or do I have to sign the player before he is 18?

On your squad screen, you can select a view with "homegrown status", what does it say on the kids that already been three years on your club? It should tell you the date when they are getting HG from the club.

I don't know if it works differently on the US, all it should take it's three complete years on your club for a player to gain homegrown status, the nationality doesn't matter.

I'm not sure where I need to be looking in reference to a date for acquiring HG from the club, but this guy, Jesus Ortiz, is an example. I figured it might be that they hadn't completed three full years, or that it may be to do with birthdays, but he has definitely completed at least three full years before his birthday- he was signed in December 2012, his 21st birthday has just passed in May 2016, meaning he's been with us just under three and a half years.

dg2kbl.jpg

spxi0y.jpg

20sbyw2.jpg

They won't get that status in the European cups before the season they turn 22. Before that they are eligible without needing to be registered, if they have stayed at least two seasons at the club.

If they have achieved HG status in another club before they join you, I don't think they can get it for you as well.

This is the section i was talking about to check the homegrown status, there it should tell you when they are going to get HG by the club:

xqOY0.jpg

Maybe it's a problem with the american system or you are using a custom DB right? He should be Homegrown by now..

Archived