AI Experiment - The Bandits, The Sheriffs and FM12

I suspect the dreaded Real Life has eaten Kip :( If so, he shall be mourned

I live in hope for the fabled one to return..........................................

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where can I order my Bandits replica shirt for the next season?

...shameless bump in the hope of an update. I'm craving news!

Bumping does not increase chances of an update, it justs gets all our hopes up that there has been one.

• 1 month later...
As I already said, it was just too ambitious to start in such low tiers.

Nothing to do with that, it would be a pointless experiment if they started higher up.

Kip just has more important things going on and doesn't have the time to invest in this as he used to. Would be great if somebody else were to attempt a similar experiment.

Nothing to do with that, it would be a pointless experiment if they started higher up.

Kip just has more important things going on and doesn't have the time to invest in this as he used to. Would be great if somebody else were to attempt a similar experiment.

We, who has witnessed the original Bandits and the experiment itself, all know that Kip has set a new and very high standard with his story telling and details. He has also admitted that he does not have the time he had back in FM07 era. It's always thrilling to see Kip write an update or a teaser post but knowing that real life won't allow such a detailed experiment run that long any more, I'd say keep your expectations low and be happy when you see an update. I am also sorry that neither of the following experiments went as long as the first one but that was nearly impossible anyway. Still though, Bandits, and Sheriffs later on, are the best FM story I have ever read and ever will be it seems as Kip was great at creating that bond with the team and the readers. You can say who is a Bandit and who is a Sheriff by looking at their reaction posts even :) That itself is a very big success. Even though this experiment doesn't look likely to be completed, thank you Kip. For everything you have given to the community so far!

We, who has witnessed the original Bandits and the experiment itself, all know that Kip has set a new and very high standard with his story telling and details. He has also admitted that he does not have the time he had back in FM07 era. It's always thrilling to see Kip write an update or a teaser post but knowing that real life won't allow such a detailed experiment run that long any more, I'd say keep your expectations low and be happy when you see an update. I am also sorry that neither of the following experiments went as long as the first one but that was nearly impossible anyway. Still though, Bandits, and Sheriffs later on, are the best FM story I have ever read and ever will be it seems as Kip was great at creating that bond with the team and the readers. You can say who is a Bandit and who is a Sheriff by looking at their reaction posts even :) That itself is a very big success. Even though this experiment doesn't look likely to be completed, thank you Kip. For everything you have given to the community so far!

Excellent post that I echo wholeheartedly.

I don't think it is truly dead, as Kip tends to come on and either inform or forewarn the end. He has also gone longer than this without an update due to other commitments in the past. I think we just need to except that IF an update comes, it will come, but it may be months down the line. Being Bandits fans for a while now, most of us will keep checking back now and then regardless, just in case.

So until then, I am waiting patiently for another update where the Bandits wipe the floor with the Sheriffs again ;)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived