People moaning about the game being easy!

I hate people that cheat on football manager! then moan and say the game is too easy, just been on a PAGE on facebook and people was saying fm is too easy im starting to hate it, then i asked why isit so easy, they said well if i need to win a game il add a manager on that team and play a crap team, or alot said they use FMRTE.... this is what i don't get, i'd say 50% of FM gamers do cheat, ive never cheated in my life in a proper save game that is, ive had fun with it just to see what it was like.

I downloaded the fmrte today, i only wanted it so i could changed the style of kits instead of having the same one every season.

but i reckon they should ban FMRTE, and ban adding a manager into the mid season of the game, like the start of the season they should have a choice to add or not if not they will have to wait till start of next season... also at the end of the season have the view to change style of kits, thats all i wanted FMRTE for. people that say the game is too easy 80% of you wallys cheat thats why :-) also seeing future wonderkids and checking whos the best players on the game online is cheating and people wonder why they win everything so quick.

While I agree with your points, you're guilty of moaning yourself :). People pay for the game with their own money, and it's their time they wasted on the game, so if you don't like the fact that they're cheating and complain about the game being too easy then just ignore it, it's not your problem that they can't see their own cheating way that makes the game not fun anymore.

People enjoy playing the game in different ways, you can't just say ban this and ban that because I don't approve. Do I use FMRTE? No. Are there people who use it to increase their enjoyment of the game? Yes. So you're saying we should take away something that a large percentage of people use and that adds to their enjoyment of the game just because you don't like it? If you don't like it, don't use it.

People enjoy playing the game in different ways, you can't just say ban this and ban that because I don't approve. Do I use FMRTE? No. Are there people who use it to increase their enjoyment of the game? Yes. So you're saying we should take away something that a large percentage of people use and that adds to their enjoyment of the game just because you don't like it? If you don't like it, don't use it.

did you read what i said, its about people complaining that the game is too easy, but the reason they said its easy it because they cheat! these are the people that moan about the game most, im not moaning at people that cheat, but dont go moaning about it being to easy.

did you read what i said, its about people complaining that the game is too easy, but the reason they said its easy it because they cheat! these are the people that moan about the game most, im not moaning at people that cheat, but dont go moaning about it being to easy.

You're right, if people decide to use third party in-game editors then they forgo their right to complain about the game being too easy, I agree. But first of all, FMRTE and Genie Scout cannot be banned, they are not created by SI. Secondly, Canaries Fan is right too. FM is, in my opinion, the greatest game around because there are so many variables and you really can play it however you want to. If you choose to 'cheat' then that's up to the individual. I've done that in the past and although it felt good to win things, the victories started to feel hollow after a while and vowed not to do it again. Maybe these people whose views you have read will also feel the same eventually, maybe not. Biut they will be getting the most amount of enjoyment of their own games and if that mean FM is around for as long as possible, that's fine with me.

Using FMRTE is not necessarily cheating.

I'd suggest it is a little easy (without cheating) when you have experience of the game. If you're a newb I imagine it's probably more difficult.

But you've always been able to win the champions league with the likes of Carlisle in any installment of the game. If anything, IMO, the later versions have made it more difficult to do so.

And in order to make it playable it needs to give people the ability to succeed.

There are ways to make it more difficult if people really want a challenge. No previous football experience, take over Droylesden or someone, turn off player attributes etc...

I don't think too many people who give themselves huge advantages using FMRTE and Genie Scout as well as "fixing matches" complain about the game being too easy. That's just unintelligent.

The game isn't very difficult, though. We're playing against a non-rigged (or rubberbanded) AI and that's rarely difficult in the gaming world. In that respect, many use FMRTE to boost the AI so that the game become more difficult, for instance by giving all of them sugar daddies.

As biggus says i use FMRTE quite a lot to make the game harder, pump clubs around me full of money, give them the best possible managers the game can make, make sure their big signings will perform, things like that. No need to ban these kinda programs, not that SI could anyway.

:thup: This is so true, also its always the people that go the likes of Man City that moan.
It shouldn't be easy to play as Manchester City. If it is easy to manage Manchester City, they could hire Paul Ince and he could win everything blindfolded. The fact that they can't suggests that it is very, very difficult to manage as Manchester City. Which makes sense - the best managers go to clubs that can win things.

Archived