Injuries

Injuries are a big bear for me too, but I rarely see a opponent getting a card for injuring my player with a rash tackle. I also believe injuries are random and don't coincide with how the injury was inflicted. For example, I've noticed one of my players picked up a long term hamstring injury after a heavy tackle/foul. If you know your football, you can only tear your hamstring by running.

And I do notice I get injuries either in big games, and when comfortably winning, particularly to key players. If injuries are out of context with how and when they occur, especially to players whom are fully fit, it is difficult to not feel you've been punished by something you could not at first identify. If you could identify a player will pick up an injury before the fact, you could obviously substitute them first. And believe me, some physios and managers can spot if a player is susceptible to picking up an injury even before it has been inflicted.

This goes with what i was asking. Perhaps the issue isn't with the number of injuries, but the actual manner of the injuries. Seeing my player get a hamstring injury from a terrible two footed tackle isnt right. Maybe he would still be out for the same time, but its a different injury from say, a damaged ankle ligament. But then I'm not sure how the injuries are modelled in game. I.e. will a 6 week hamstring injury affect attributes differently from a 6 week ankle ligament injury?

with three saves I have had a problem with positional injuries. Usualy my RB, three stretcher injuries in one game to only one position, that being rb, meaning for a few weeks I do not have a RB and play a DM or CB there to compensate.

I have never seen that ever happen in RL, three stretcher injuries to one position.

I recall injuries occurred even more often in either FM10 or FM11 when it first came out, until a patch and the instruction to hire more fitness coaches seem to ease the problem.

But with my current save I already have 3 Fitness Coaches, and am only allotted 2! I manage Liverpool FC, a top EPL club. I think if injuries can be solved just by increasing the allotted number of the fitness coaches they can have, it is a bit a of nonsense, especially when it has occurred in previous Fm versions.

The amount of injuries you get have very little to do with fitness coaches, except if your players are not fit enough. They do not directly affect injuries or who gets injured or the amount of injuries and having more of them does not prevent injuries.

That's totally insignificant. My issue isn't if he's been 'stretchered off' or not, my issue is how often it happens and how many injuries I do incur due to this.

If you're going to call your thread 'Injuries' and people are going to mention the whole area of them, then my question is not insignificant, granted it doesn't respond to your OP, but does make a relevant point to others who have replied.

The point is, players go off injured all the time, rarely are they stretchered off, and on a lot of occasions you wont even notice a player going off because he is injured, FM just highlights it more. I said it in another thread as well my team Aberdeen went through about a month spell where we lost a player a game, sometimes more, but rarely were these guys stretchered off. Injuries happen on a massive scale everyweek in football, they are just not highlighted to the same extent as they are in FM.

So why are they leaving the field then with a red cross? It will be due to some type of injury. The fact he's been 'stretchered off' or not is irrelevant.

I hear what you are saying milnerpoint, IRL teams will go through a crisis when it comes to injuries. My point is it's a regular occurrance on FM and happens all season, and these are just match injuries, put on top of that training injuries and it's overwhelming.

It happens constantly in real life as well, Arsenal have suffered from it for about 3 years, Man U last season had no defenders fit, this season, no midfielders, my team Aberdeen have had 5/6 players out every week from about September this season.

For what its worth its not a regular thing in my games, which is why its not a bug, if it was a bug everyone would be experiencing the same thing. We're clearly not.

So why are they leaving the field then with a red cross? It will be due to some type of injury. The fact he's been 'stretchered off' or not is irrelevant.

Some people seem to think it is relevant. The red cross can indicate a number of things. I was at Spurs v Stevenage two weeks ago, in the 6th minute Dawson was involved in aerial collision and landed badly, damaging his ankle and knee. he was stretchered off. 20 minutes later, Aaron Lennon walked off the pitch but clearly couldn't continue as he had a hamstring injury. Both would have been indicated by a red cross in FM, but two different ways of leaving the field. It's semantics for sure, but some people seem to think that every red cross is a career threatener. In my experience the majority of red cross injuries on FM12 don't even result in the player being injured post match anyway. Just unable to complete that particular match.

Started a new save with Fortuna Sittard with the new hotfix. My aim is to play pass and move football and look very stylish and try to be successful too. After 11 games I've had the following injuries - Harrie Gommans 5-6 months

Deniz Sevinc - 3 Months

Jeffrey Cesar - 6-8 Weeks

Kevin Diaz - 3 Months

Danny Hoesen - 4 weeks then a 2nd injury 3 months

Danny Wintjens - 6 weeks

These are just the long term injuries. All but one are first team regulars and the other is a promising youngster who has had a few run outs in the first team. Annoying the hell out of me!!!!!!!!!!

I think the biggest kick in the teeth i've had was my top two strikers getting injured within 10 minutes of each other, brought two subs on, shuffled the wingers about to suit the replacements, key centre back goes down, all subs used by the 33rd minute.

Then it injured the two striking replacements.

An FM related version of this clip happened:

(Well, in my head atleast)

A real problem with these injuries is that there's no way for the in-game world (atleast currently) to realise that with such injuries, a team won't do as well. I have never been sacked from a side on FM, but i've come close before simply due to injuries. Derby, in real life, have had around 15 injuries at once in both 2010/2011 campaigns, and ten this season.

At times like this, a couple of things happen: You're given money for replacements (i.e. loans), confidence isn't questioned quite as much as people recognise that you're doing well to even be drawing some games with such problems, and also players often come back alot sooner from serious injuries. John Terry the other month came back from what was presumed a 4-6 week injury in two weeks an played almost a full game upon his recovery.

Now, aside from being quite cynical and thinking that he was perhaps bluffing to get AVB gone sooner (stranger things have happened), this is never the case in FM and players only ever come back at the times quoted. This is not a criticism, it would be ridiculous to argue with that, however it would be nice to see an addition to the injuries system that either every so often 'speed up' a recovery as in real life, or perhaps at an unknown point in collective injuries just speeds up one or two players for you.

I wouldn't mind seeing the amount of fitness dropped in knocks be re-calculated too, far too often I have to sub two of my back-line in the first half due to excessive knocks. Knocks happen quite often in real life of course, but then in real life they recover very quickly or are subbed off. In FM they will remain at 60% for perhaps even 45 minutes while that level only reduces with time (obviously). Those are as good as real injuries in a match at taking out players.

Combine the two, and how often will you have any subs left for the last half an hour of tactical changes? Very rarely, atleast in my case.

I agree. I still find the volume of injuries very high but it would be nice if your fans and board understood that it is affecting your teams ability so their expectations lowered a little.

I also don't believe players stats such drop so dramatically. I know it affects a player but after 5-6 games, if still injury free, they're usually back on track and the player they were before the injury (long term injuries I mean)

was never a problem for antonio valencia, he had a long layoff, he is now one of the best wingers in the world.

i keep getting left and right backs injured... i have none of those on my bench.

ok, thats rediculous

3 injuries in my bury save, one fractured arm and 2 fractured ribs. i though this was fixed?

played 2 more games

had to make TWO substitutions for injuries in each match

and 1 guy got a damaged elbow

and another - broken foot.

Archived