Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How's everybody's coaching stars looking? I'm currently trying to get all mine up to 3 stars but trying to avoid spending too much on wages as I'm over my budget at a measly £3.3k p/w!

I've managed to get most to 3 stars/ 2 1/2 stars which is alright. I'm more worried about the fact that my training facilities are two silver stars..

This challenge has now been going for a week and we have had 10 seasons completed between us- Is this good? what do you guys think?

I think it's great. I for one am loving it despite still being in the same division :p it just shows how much fun it is.

I play defensively with direct passing but it's going atrociously at the minute, 4 successive defeats to start the campaign.

My team can't cope with long balls as we don't have the heading ability outside of defence and the keeper isn't exactly the best in the world. This leaves us with no choice but to pass the ball around and hope that we don't lose it along the way.

My team can't cope with long balls as we don't have the heading ability outside of defence and the keeper isn't exactly the best in the world. This leaves us with no choice but to pass the ball around and hope that we don't lose it along the way.

I struggle aerially but I have my pacey striker set to target man with run onto ball supply. It worked well last year but this year not so well as we are struggling to carve out opportunities. I've reverted all my settings to balanced/default to try turn things round slightly.

I struggle aerially but I have my pacey striker set to target man with run onto ball supply. It worked well last year but this year not so well as we are struggling to carve out opportunities. I've reverted all my settings to balanced/default to try turn things round slightly.

Unfortunately I can't rely on pace either, because we don't have that! I hope you manage to turn things round :)

Do or die time .... 7 games left, 17 points from safety. Entire team has turn goal shy this season, despite having scored plenty of goals in the previous 2 seasons.

Very impressed by my latest youth intake though, 3 of them have gone straight into the first team squad!

Sacked after losing 2-1 to Sutton Utd :mad:

Oh well. I'll roll back to the save I have on June 13th 2013 so I can pick a fresh team. I was highly impressed after getting my 3rd (and final) youth intake. It was that good I didn't know who to give the YP tag to, as there was 5 players who my coach said were good enough to be good league 2 players.

Do or die time .... 7 games left, 17 points from safety. Entire team has turn goal shy this season, despite having scored plenty of goals in the previous 2 seasons.

Very impressed by my latest youth intake though, 3 of them have gone straight into the first team squad!

Best of luck and I hope you stay up, especially with the good youth intake.

[Edit] Unlucky on the sacking mate...

Unlucky Avramski. You will do better next time with the knowledge you have gained :)

I have changed the table in the second post to show the number of clubs people have managed as i realise it will be hard for players to keep their jobs.

just added a new section on the third post. I hope it will allow players to be immortalised in the history of this challenge :D

It will also make people check every player in their intake.

just added a new section on the third post. I hope it will allow players to be immortalised in the history of this challenge :D

It will also make people check every player in their intake.

I'm pretty safe from missing my son because the name 'Bainborough' isn't too common so very recognisable :)

Serious attempt at the youth only challenge .... take 2!

On June 24th, I had a goodly selection of clubs to choose from. Carshalton and Lewes in the BSS and Bury Town, Chester, Lowestoft and Northwich in the BSN. I decided to take charge of Northwich, as they had the biggest squad, plus their junior coaching was considered basic, which was better than the others.

Anyway ....

Club overview

Club facilities

First team squad

Reserve team squad

My profile

Oh, and for those interested, my final youth intake at Carshalton.

Hendon 2012/13 - Blue Square South

End of Season Update

League Table : Delighted with the teams performance, tho there was a dip in form with 15 games to go picking up only 3 wins. YP01 and YP02 were 1st and 2nd in the scoring charts come christmas but the drop in form saw them only gather 1 more goal each. YP01 still finished 2nd in the charts while YP02 got 5th.

Playoffs: a 6-1 agg loss in the semis to dorchester made sure we were not promted.

Fa Cup : out in the 2 qually round :(

Fa Trophy : out in the 2nd rnd.

Squad : Most of the squad now consists of my own youth players which im delighted at. there isnt too much depth this season but with an ok youth intake come halfway through the season some off the youth might be ready for the step up.

Youth Intake : Happy with the intake and for a 3rd time out of 4 a ST get the prestigious YP Tag

Samuel Wood YP04: rated highly by all staff, he definatly has potential but the current ability might see him making a few sub appearences in the season about to start

Key Player

Russel Andrews YP01 : really impressive since he joined us on the first intake. his finishing has gone from 2-7 in this period and this is a major contribution to the amount off goals scored. 20 goals in 42 in the league.

Finances: two cups set up in the pre season saw us rake in the cash and we went from -380k to -80k and we lost a further 20k throughout the season. cups will be rescheduled in the next pre season to boost our money :)

And of course TRANSFERS

Next season

looking forward to this seaon, maybe the team can build on last season, but i would be happy with just a mid table finish. and luckily thats all the board want. 3 more older players will be leaving in pre season leaving only 5 players in the squad and the rest will be all youth. with the friendly cups should see us make huge profit and there fore i will be asking the board for more junior coaching. only 1 improvement in all 4 seasons :(

Greyman- Isnt this your 4th season update? also your league table screenshot seems to be showing salthill devons 2016 transfers :D

still i managed to gather you made the playoffs! and lost :( . Hopefully you can build on this season and push for promotion again! a decent youth intake, however I'm jealous of you as i need a striker to come through and i havent had a decent one yet!

Serious attempt at the youth only challenge .... take 2!

On June 24th, I had a goodly selection of clubs to choose from. Carshalton and Lewes in the BSS and Bury Town, Chester, Lowestoft and Northwich in the BSN. I decided to take charge of Northwich, as they had the biggest squad, plus their junior coaching was considered basic, which was better than the others.

Anyway ....

Club overview

Club facilities

First team squad

Reserve team squad

My profile

Oh, and for those interested, my final youth intake at Carshalton.

Would you be able to post a screenshot of Amoako, Gray and Alexander mate?

Sorry if it's any inconvenience, I'm just interested :)

Good luck with your new club.

Greyman- Isnt this your 4th season update? also your league table screenshot seems to be showing salthill devons 2016 transfers :D

still i managed to gather you made the playoffs! and lost :( . Hopefully you can build on this season and push for promotion again! a decent youth intake, however I'm jealous of you as i need a striker to come through and i havent had a decent one yet!

all fixed now sorry about that. as for the intakes all i seem to get in St's and i need to bolster the rest of the positions, this season i hope for a GK,RB and a LB and that should see me have enough to survive in the BSP when i get there

I don't understand, I can't seem to get Junior Coaching or Youth Recruitment upgraded... Cant even upgrade my youth facilities or training facilities, or even fix my water logged pitch for that matter!

Don't worry I can't get any of the other stuff sorted plus I'm still not promoted so I'd rather be in your place.

FC United of Manchester- Season 2 2013-2014

League Table- Another solid season from FC United which saw us improve by 7points on last season but still fail to score more than a goal a game.

Transfers- No problems there.

Squad- Once again Wolfenden is top scorer but he isnt really doing enough to push us up the table

Youth squad- I forgot to take a screen of the youth intake so I have decided to post my youth squad instead. All of my Players with YP tags are in the first team but I'll go through them now. Kristian Colbourne is our best prospect but unfortunately is in a position we already have a 5 star player for. Still, he has better potential so should take the number 1 shirt in coming years. Now, the two centre backs that came through, who may forge a great partnership in coming years. Jordan Ling and Louis Jordan should improve well and I hope to give them game time next year.

YP watch

In this section i will do a screenshot of all players in my squad that have a YP tag and do an analysis of them.

Joe White YP01- has improved in tackling immensely. Got some first team action and has been tutored, which has improved his determination a bit.

David Roberts YP02- Wasnt initally a YP, but i felt he deserved it as much as White so i gave them both one. Has made massive strides, and i hope he will become our ball winning midfielder in the future.

Next season

To develop the YP's! I will give them as much game time as possible ( so we still are comfortable in mid table). Also to improve the finances with friendlies and improve junior coaching and youth facilities.

I love the Northwich board already. Only 3 weeks into the job, and they have agreed to a increase in the number of coaches allowed (to 4) and an increase in my junior coaching (to adequate). Happy days are here already!

PS. Here's hoping for a good cup run so I can get the junior coaching increased again before March 13th :p

EDIT :: Maybe things won't be quite so easy after all. A lot of players refused to renew their contracts and walked out of the club. I'm now down to a squad of 17 players! March 13th can't come around quick enough now!

Quick Update From Me... For the full update, check out my Career Update Thread

We've had some very mixed moments since Decemeber, with a very bad month that month, then an almost perfect month in January, back to a bad month in February!

We've been knocked out of the FA Cup by League 1 side Swindon, who we pushed to the limit with a draw at home, but they were too much in the replay...

We've also been knocked out of the FA Trophy by Macclesfield, but that was to be expected as they are top of the league and unstoppable right now!

Couple of questions about this challenge (which I should have thought about and asked before now).

Triallists. Is it ok to sign players on a trial basis, as long as you don't sign them permanently afterwards?

Is it ok to sign the virtual greyed out players to fill out your squad?

Archived