Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, 13 March has arrived and so had my youth intake. It's not too impressive, with no gold star CA, but a couple of decent prospects.

Here's the screenshot

So nobody will be making their way into the first team squad, but it's handy to actually have some back up now. I'm quite surprised and confused as to why I got a Turkish player, which is quite strange.

I'll make Ricky Holligan my YP01.

Would love to try this challenge, shame I only have the demo :O.

You should definitely get the game and give it a go.

Football Manager is one of the few games out there that you can play for years without getting fed up, there are so many different ways to approach it, in my opinion it is one of the best games out there, particularly in terms of value for money.

You should definitely get the game and give it a go.

Football Manager is one of the few games out there that you can play for years without getting fed up, there are so many different ways to approach it, in my opinion it is one of the best games out there, particularly in terms of value for money.

5000% agree with this :D I have got bord of every game i've ever played, except Manager games! Football Manager has just taken it to that next level!

Some great news just came in via the inbox!

That's it, our playoff spot secure, although Dartford have already sealed their place as the new Champions. It's a pity really, as compared to the points tally of last year, we are bang on target to getting more than the 72 points that won the league as we have 69 points from 39 games.

Some great news just came in via the inbox!

That's it, our playoff spot secure, although Dartford have already sealed their place as the new Champions. It's a pity really, as compared to the points tally of last year, we are bang on target to getting more than the 72 points that won the league as we have 69 points from 39 games.

Great news! Well done on that achievement and hopefully you can go on for promotion!

Great news! Well done on that achievement and hopefully you can go on for promotion!

Fingers crossed! Although, I'm looking at it as a win-win kind of opportunity. The main reason for this is that with us being a small club, I believe are players are nowhere near the quality required to match the teams playing in the BSP, we occasionally even get a right thumping in this league. However, promotion would nonetheless still be a massive achievement and I would be ecstatic with it, hopefully meaning our club would grow as a whole and the experience would be magnificent for all my players, even if we were to come straight back down.

Carshalton 2012/13 Season Review

In what proved to be a surprising performance from relegation candidates Carshalton, the top of the table was extremely close between Carshalton, Chelmsford and Dartford until the last 10 games or so, where both Carshalton and Chelmsford's wheels fell off their title challenge and they had to succumb for a play-off spot.

League Table

Position Graph

The play-off's saw us drawn against Salisbury in the first round. We initially lost the first leg 2-1 only to come back in the second leg at home with a 2-0 victory, goals coming from Billy Crook and a Paul Vines thunderbolt to end his 14 hour goal drought.

The final drew us with our rivals for the season, Chelmsford.

We took the lead early in the first half through top scorer Dean McDonald only for an equaliser to come soon after. However, a corner in the second half spilled out to Kieran Murphy on the edge of the area, who unleashed a venomous volley into the top corner to clinch promotion for the Robins.

The Play-off tree

The key to this successful season has to lie with our tough to beat style of play, in the first half of the season in particular we had an impeccable defence. The attackers struggled somewhat though, and if it wasn't for McDonald's short and sharp bursts of goals, we would have been a lot lower in the table.

Squad

And to prove I haven't cheated, transfers.

Fantastic Season Joe!!! Congratulations on promotion and it seems well deserved! Looks like you've got a good team there, with your form towards the end of the season probably being down to fitness. Sounds like the final was a tense one :D

Yeah, I'd say fitness was probably a big issue. Although, less of an issue than I first thought when starting this challenge.

The final wasn't that tense really, Chelmsford weren't very threatening and it seemed inevitable that we would be victorious. However, it is often these sorts of games that turn out so badly on FM!

If anyone would like to see any other screens of statistics or players, feel free to ask.

Really disappointed about our losses for the year. My wage budget is the fourth lowest in the whole of the BSS yet we are making incredible losses!

We are also having to have some seats fitted as a league requirement for the step up which hasn't helped at all. So increasing our junior coaching is not looking possible until our finances sort theirselves out.

Yeah, I'd say fitness was probably a big issue. Although, less of an issue than I first thought when starting this challenge.

The final wasn't that tense really, Chelmsford weren't very threatening and it seemed inevitable that we would be victorious. However, it is often these sorts of games that turn out so badly on FM!

If anyone would like to see any other screens of statistics or players, feel free to ask.

Look at my post above your report, that will show that you dont need to play well to win :D

:D Late on in the 82nd minute too, even more pleasing! I will warn you, the BSP is extremely difficult!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the challenge but I'm expecting absolutely nothing like last season. This is where it is going to start to show that we cannot make transfers as I wouldn't even describe my players as top class for the BSS!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the challenge but I'm expecting absolutely nothing like last season. This is where it is going to start to show that we cannot make transfers as I wouldn't even describe my players as top class for the BSS!

That is why I believe that this is the toughest challenge on FM. People may disagree and say that going to a country such as San Marino or Ireland and other countries that are small, but you must not forget, in those countries it is easy to reach the top in their leagues and get into the Champions League, which allows the money to flow in for investment in facilities etc... In our case, we have to reach the Premiership before we can even think about stabilizing our finances! This means we will probably have to fight for 40+ seasons before we even get close...

Season 3 update. After 9 games, it's disasterous! Just 1 win and 2 draws see us 21st and more importantly, 4 points away from safety.

My strikers have seemingly forgotten how to shoot, and my defence, erm ....

Anyway, looking closer at report cards for my team, my coaches reckon that anyone with 3 1/2 gold stars for CA is a decent BSS player, while 4 stars is a good BSS player. With only 8 players rated at 3 1/2 stars or better, no wonder i'm struggling a bit (2 of them are keepers as well).

Anyway, I've just changed formation to make us a lot more solid down the middle, hopefully quantity instead of quality will work.

Joe- Congratulations on promotion! A great playoffs campaign. Looks like it will be you or TM who make the football league first!

Avramksi- Hold team meetings, concentrate on team talks and most importantly switch to a solid defensive tactic. I recommend 4 at the back and an anchor man. Good luck, I know you will survive ;)

Small Update

For the full update, have a look here. That will direct you to my thread which includes images for a more clear understanding :)

I've reached November 1st so far and we are in 12 place! It's been difficult at times, but we've pulled some results together to take us to the mid table position.

In September we suffered a major defeat at the hands of Luton, an 8 - 0 loss!!! We were struggling with Morale and it was already low, but this brought things to an all-time low. I wasn't impressed with certain players before-hand, which I let them know, but after this defeat I fined 5 players, which included the person who got a red card. This set off a massive dispute in the dressing room with 2 players refusing to accept I was right to fine them their 2 weeks wages. I stood firm, because I want respect from my players and people who want to be at the club, no matter how tough things get, they refused to accept, so I told them they were transfer listed as of now! They immediately said "I've said what I need to say, but I don't want to leave the club".

In October, one of the transfer listed players came back with a complaint to the media about being transfered. I went ahead and removed the other player from the transfer list as I felt he had learnt his lesson, whilst leaving this certain player to rot on the transfer list and explained he needed to show me some respect. He replied with similar words to "Sorry"!

We are currently struggling financially for some reason, but in August, managed to secure better Junior Coaching, bringing that to an Average state.

Season 2013/14 - Carshalton Athletic

All in all a mediocre season. I stayed mid to lower table throughout with the only thing of note being the cup run to the 2nd Round where I had a shot of potentially going up against a PL team but I lost to Histon meaning I was out. FA Trophy was appalling, got knocked out at our first attempt.

League Table: Once again towards the bottom, but not in danger.

Finances: Looking much more healthy after several friendly league competitions. This meant I was once again able to upgrade the Junior Coaching facilities so they are average (they are towards the top end of average as it's been average the last 2 upgrades).

Squad: This is the team that guided me to safety. I now have some of the youngsters making themselves known and next season I should hopefully be able to push on up the table with them. Special mention to Anthony Freeman YP02 who acheived Top Goalscorer in the league with 24 goals. I play him as a lone striker so he gets a lot of chances and tends to put the majority away.

And of course the seasonal proof of no cheating: Transfers.

Is that Ashley Williams by any chance TM? If so, one word, clown. That's me being nice as well :D. He's thrown a hissy fit already. Nick Wood's come back strongly since he had a mardy and requested a transfer though. That's one of the great things though, if someone throws a paddy. Just sell them.

Cos I'm the BOSS! :cool::D.

Is that Ashley Williams by any chance TM? If so, one word, clown. That's me being nice as well :D. He's thrown a hissy fit already. Nick Wood's come back strongly since he had a mardy and requested a transfer though. That's one of the great things though, if someone throws a paddy. Just sell them.

Cos I'm the BOSS! :cool::D.

How did you guess :D Absolute idiot, nobody is bigger than the manager or the club! I've had enough of disrispect from a few players and i'm making an example of Ashley big time.

I'd just like to say and I know it has nothing to do with this thread but...

I've started training irl, started on a diet and jogging every other day. We've jogged 3 times now.

1st Run: 45 minutes, 3 and a Quarter Miles

2nd Run: 39 Minutes, 3 and a Half Miles

3rd Run: 33 Minutes, 3 and a Half Miles

Got to keep fit, whilst still chilling and playing FM :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDdLTbSorRhybouLeI6aczFD7SKxmn_MHEss4SHQgFL6-CzINJPg

Carshalton Athletic

Manager Profile

Takeover

Squad Squad

Transfers - I didnt make those transfers as you can see i took over on the 29th May

League Table - i knew i wasnt going to get promoted but i just wanted to consolidate my position in the league looking forward to next season see if i can get into to midtabel and also see what youngsters i get :D

The Formation i play is 5 - DM -AML - AMR - 2

Here is a full report on November, for anybody that would like to take a look...

It's been a brilliant month with only 1 loss and 1 draw in 7 games! We've also beaten Ebbsfleet who were 2nd place!

We currently lay in 11th place, 5 points behind the play-offs, but a massive 14 points behind top spot! A ton more than I expected and to say we don't have a striker who can score really!

Things are still going badly wrong, so I decided to goto the board with the begging bowl ....

Board response

I wasn't expecting it to be that easy!

My junior coaching is now good, and I'm off to look for a fitness coach, a youth coach and a general coach. In the mean time, I'll be sacking my worst coach....

TWFL- A good season there and it is clear Freeman is developing well. Playoffs next season ;)

Toon- well done on staying up first year! could we see your youth intake please?

looks like i might have to start loading up the coffers with money spinning friendlies. Only had one junior coaching upgrade and keep having training facilities cancelled. I also have a new stadium being built but i wasnt told about it?

TWFL- A good season there and it is clear Freeman is developing well. Playoffs next season ;)

Toon- well done on staying up first year! could we see your youth intake please?

looks like i might have to start loading up the coffers with money spinning friendlies. Only had one junior coaching upgrade and keep having training facilities cancelled. I also have a new stadium being built but i wasnt told about it?

I'll get it up later haven't gOt that far I fell asleep lol

Archived