Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got absolutely trashed by Man Utd :(

The tops sides can destroy you especially if they score early.

Chester Vs Sunderland

I have absolutely no idea how the hell we won this game at all, but winning by 4 goals is just genious!

Great result and 4 up before the red card aswell.

I decided to start the new season to see how we looked and were very solid so far so hopefully I'll be back up next year. Results. Table.

We were unlucky in the two games we dropped points. Reading equalised in the last minute from a corner and Ipswich beat us with an unfortunate own goal. Just hope I can keep it up.

Cheers TM.

This has to be one of the closest tables I've seen. We've been crap and defended horribly for most of the season but are 6-1-1 in our last 8 games with an 11-2 goal difference. Maybe, just maybe, we can keep that form and take fifth...

Looking good so far Marty, you should just carry on with the challenge :D

Yes I think I will. Struggling for 3 seasons had taken its toll but winning and playing really well has reinvigorated me. I want to get back to Premier and right the wrong of last year.

FC United 2019/20 (Season 8)

Totally unexpected but deserved promotion via playoff. Finished 4th at first attempt in League 1. First team squad.

Awesome youth intake, 3 players already played in first team, brightest talent is inside forward Alex Richardson. U18 squad won their league again, there are many promising youngsters still waiting for their debuts.

Simon Barnes is the first FC United player to reach 100 league goals, he used to be a striker but retrained him to AM C position so he plays as an inside forward behind a target man.

Transfers: well, I am not clean this season, parent club Aston Villa sent a player on loan on busy transfer deadline day (I did not spot it), but here is the proof he did not play a single game at FC United.

Lost my most promising player, Ricky Jackson because board decided not to refuse Wolves' ridiculous offer of 800k (+100k after his 10th full cap). I'm very disappointed as he was our major threat from wide. Also my star defender Shane Taylor has only 11 months left on his contract and 12k per week is not enough to tie him for another couple of seasons. He became fans' favorite for the sixth time in a row, losing him would be a major setback in our progression. All I can do is to ask the board for an even better wage budget (66k currently) or sell him before it is too late.

So quick question .. YP1 asks for a new contract, i don't want to lose him so i say he can have one within a month ... Now i'm being told i really must offer him one, he is unhappy that i'm not offering him one but when i go to offer new contract he is 'Not currently interested in nogotiating a new contract' erm ... What the heck!?

Northwich Victoria Season 3 2014/15;

As already mentioned we struggled around the bottom of the table for the second season in a row, our second in the BSP. We spent a good portion of the second half of the season inside the bottom 3 so i must congratulate the team really on a miraculous survival and we finished 20th (yes again!!).

Look no Transfers|Squad Stats

How did our YP's get on?

YP0 Derek McMullen

YP1 Will Bright

YP2a Kit Andrews

YP2b Chris Nixon

YP3a Stuart McManus

YP3b Brian Carr

Cups;

FA Cup: 1st Rd defeat by Portsmouth

FA Trophy: 1st Rd defeat by Macclesfield

We will probably be drawn into a relegation battle again next year but the youth players are improving and i can see us hopefull battling up the table in the coming years, we are struggling financially and for next season i have had to tell the board we will aim for a mid table finish (otherwise we would of been over a grand over our wage budget) ... Could be tricky!

EDIT: Forgot to put my finances screen in ...

Season 2020/21 - Carshalton Athletic

League Table - We did well to survive. In the relegation zone for the majority of the season we managed to put a good run together in March/April time which meant we stayed up. The gap looks larger than it was as we had a final day win to secure our safety for another season.

Finances - Struggling a bit but we are beginning to make a profit after the expansion of our stadium, to 8,000 seats, was completed. Got a nice big sum of money at the end of the season which will keep us going for another season. Junior Coaching was not increased as it was causing us money problem throughout.

I forgot to take a photo of the Youth Candidates so I'll skip that and just put up the YPs that are still at the club.

Ross Hale YP03 - Had a bit part season. Coming in playing the part when he was needed to. Won't have much of a future at the club.

Jamie Humphrey YP04 - 1st Choice Keeper. Did alright needs some of the attributes to rise though so his training level has gone up.

Ibrahim Tran YP07 - Very good player. Lost him for a couple of weeks due to the African Cup of Nations and I think I will struggle to keep a hold of him this summer but if I do expect big things next year.

Kelly Moore YP08 - Great player. I played him at CB for most of the year as he has more pace than most of my other CBs. Hopefully will be the first to get an England NT call-up.

Warren Galbraith YP09 - Bit part player, not sure if he will stay. Has very good potential though so not sure.

Lee James YP10 - Decent season from him but expect big things of him next couple of seasons. Already been offered £2m for him so will be hard to keep a hold of him.

Oliver Aldu YP12 - Youngster with a lot of potential. Going to have to give him some first team playing time or he will struggle to improve much more.

Brad Brennan YP13 - This year's Youth Candidates YP tag winner. Already better than most of my CMs he has great potential and will be a big player in seasons to come if I can keep a hold of him as Arsenal are already sniffing around him. Report.

Transfers

Next Season Expectations:

Championship - Mid-table

FA Cup - 5th Round

League Cup - 3rd Round

Brettney- Well done on surviving relegation again mate, you can get mid table next season

TWFL- Welcome back mate! Well done on surviving the championship and it's onwards and upwards from there :)

FC United of Manchester - Season 3 - 2014/15

This was the year when we were supposed to start climbing the table, instead we got off to a terrible start in danger of the drop zone for the first half of the season. I managed to park the bus though and grind out draws and narrow wins. In the end it was again a safe mid-table position, but again with more points than the previous year. Defense is looking really good right now, the offense needs a lot of work though...

League Table

Transfers

Youth intake

A decent intake with a very promising central defender. He is also my one tag for the year. Mick Huntington - YP5

Previous tags

Gethyn Porter - YP2 - Has developed nicely and also got a few U19 caps for Wales.

Tom Broadhead - YP3 - Is showing great promise.

Brett Harper - YP4 - Terrible in front of goal but still our best scorer since Mike Norton has started to decline :(

YP1 had an injury prone year and has stalled a bit...

We've had an additional junior coaching upgrade and nothing more. The finances are tight.

Player of the year

Sean Strong. An 18-year-old central defender who has developed nicely during the year, so well in fact that he is now tagged as YP6. The most consistent performer over the course of the year.

Youth player of the year

Same as above.

Cups

FA Cup - Forget about it...

FA Trophy - Same story...

Next Season

Will probably have to be realistic since we're making very modest progress. But a good start and especially consistency is what I'm looking for in the beginning. After that? Who knows...

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 19 UPDATE - 2030/31

Season objectives - Promotion (achieved)

Achievements:

Championship - Winners

FA Cup - Runners-up

League Cup - 4th round vs Chelsea

A much better season saw us start well and stay in the top two all season. Promotion was assured with 5 games to play and we won the league with 3 games to spare. We also had an FA Cup run and reached our first major final after beating Man Utd AET in the semi-final. The final saw us take on Arsenal and a very nervy performance from the favorites led me to believe we could actually win. 0-0 at half time, and with the game very even, their players were all "playing nervously" or "playing without confidence" and then our captain got sent off for a two-footed tackle and Arsenal then dominated and won 2-0. Unfortunately Arsenal finished 6th in the league so we don't qualify for Europe.

No transfers.

Forget to take a screenie of this years youth intake but the tag isMiguel Ortega (YP19a). Most of my intake were released as they were very poor but Ortega looks a very creative player.

SEASON 20 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - avoid relegation

Board expectation - avoid relegation

Media prediction - 18th

Really hope we can establish ourselves this time round. We are certainly a better team this time.

I have seen some of you guys complaining about this but I haven't seen any real answers...

I have a few players who complain and want new contracts, I say yes, go to offer them and they don't even want to discuss terms with me. What am I gonna do? I might end up losing three of my better players this year because of this.

Is there any way to solve this or will I lose them?

I have seen some of you guys complaining about this but I haven't seen any real answers...

I have a few players who complain and want new contracts, I say yes, go to offer them and they don't even want to discuss terms with me. What am I gonna do? I might end up losing three of my better players this year because of this.

Is there any way to solve this or will I lose them?

It seems to be a bug in the game but whether them being unhappy about you not offering them a deal or that they wont listen to your offer is the problem I dont know. Just keep offerering and they might accept your offer just before their contract expires. If they dont, you may still be able to keep them on a month to month contract.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought. I have three players complaining and wanting to leave right now but I want them to stay.. They are in my reserve squad now though until they come around so I don't have to see their whiny faces :D

Thanks for the reply as well.

By the way, IF these players end up leaving me because of this bug, would it be ok to try and sign them back again as long as they have been to no other club in between?

They wouldnt sign anyway because you have just released them. If no club comes in for them, you can keep them on a month to month contract until they come around

I'm pretty sure this is caused by only being able to offer a part-time contract. As stated they are unlikely to leave and can continue playing on month to month contracts so don't worry too much but continue trying to offer contracts as they sometimes suddenly become open to negotiation. When you turn professional this will no longer be a problem. I don't think I lost any players I didn't want too so hopefully you will be okay.

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 20 UPDATE - 2031/32

Season expectations - avoid relegation (achieved)

Premier League - 7th

FA Cup - winners - 1-0 vs Arsenal

League Cup - winners - 5-2 (AET) vs Man Utd

An incredible season where we again were unbeaten at home. 7th and double cup winners makes it far and away our best season to date and one that may take a while to beat. I also made 1000 matches in charge aswell as 20 years. For the first time in its history Kingstonian F.C. will participate in European competition due to the clubs cup success.

No transfers.

This years youth intake. The tags are Liam Beasant (YP20a) and Nazmi Cetinkaya (YP20b). Still no wingers coming through means many more years of 4-3-3 it seems.

SEASON 21 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - top 10

Board expectation - top half

Media prediction - 7th

No chance of bettering last season but I would like to qualify for Europe again via either League or cup.

Goal Of The Season 1st and 3rd Place!

I have just finished my season and I will do my end of season update as soon as I can, but i'd just like to point out these 2 goals which were both scored in the same game and picked up 1st and 3rd placed in Goal Of The Season :D I would also like to point out that this was my most enjoyable win of the season in the league, although as you will find out, there weren't many victories :(

[video=youtube;KhBheIUhqSU]

FC United of Manchester - Season 4 - 2015/16

Finally, we got off to a good start. We were in our around the play offs all season, in 2nd place at best. Two streaks of three losses with us failing to score during the spring left us in 7th place in the end. A very frustrating year as I felt we should have clinched a play off spot but it was not to be

:(

League Table

Transfers

Youth intake

Not the best intake really. One player stands out though and has walked into the first team during the last few weeks. He is also tagged as Kristian Gilks - YP8

Previous tags

A few of the previous tags that have continued to improve...

Gethyn Porter - YP2 - A good and solid year, but I'm waiting for him to really dominate midfield for me.

Tom Broadhead - YP3 - Is still showing great promise, but way too many injuries this season which have stalled him a bit.

Mick Huntington - YP5 - Solid defender who had a good year but made a few too many mistakes...[/url]

We've had an additional junior coaching upgrade and nothing more. Our junior coaching is now excellent. This has caused our to go into red figures though. We do have a few good friendlies set up that should bring us back to black though.

Player of the year

. Really blossomed this year after struggling last season. Dominated our attack and was third among the goalscorers in the league. I have two other young guns that should develop nicely for next year and provide us with more options.

Youth player of the year

Same as above.

Cups

FA Cup - Forget about it...

FA Trophy - Same story...

Next Season

Finally I think we will be able to really push for the play off spots and maybe even promotion. I am fed up with this league now and believe my players are ready to make the step-up. I hope I can manage them well enough though... ;)

Marty- That is just a stunning season mate. You can be very proud with what you have done at Kingstonian and those two cups and the league finish are brilliant. I so want to go back to this now, your just so inspiring!

Pjotas- you were unlucky to miss out on the playoffs mate. Next season is the year!

Hey everyone - I've spent the last week or so reading through this thread in my long commutes to and from work (as well as sneaky glances in the office!). Majorly impressed by some of the success in this task and by a lot of the players who carry on with limited success.

I've decided to give this ago over the last few days with Northwich Victoria. I started with this team due to having major success on my only previous attempt at LLM on FM07 (I think...?). I've completed my first season and I am now in October-ish in my second. Playing with no highlights for speed. Had a mixed season with some heroes and villains of the team and the usual mid-season slump - will complete an update when I get a chance tonight.

Just as an aside - I'm not sure how fast I'll be completing seasons due to work & having a 2 year old at home - priorities eh!?

Hey everyone - I've spent the last week or so reading through this thread in my long commutes to and from work (as well as sneaky glances in the office!). Majorly impressed by some of the success in this task and by a lot of the players who carry on with limited success.

I've decided to give this ago over the last few days with Northwich Victoria. I started with this team due to having major success on my only previous attempt at LLM on FM07 (I think...?). I've completed my first season and I am now in October-ish in my second. Playing with no highlights for speed. Had a mixed season with some heroes and villains of the team and the usual mid-season slump - will complete an update when I get a chance tonight.

Just as an aside - I'm not sure how fast I'll be completing seasons due to work & having a 2 year old at home - priorities eh!?

Good luck mate, I'm sure you'll do well :)

Northwich Victoria appoints new inexperienced manager

Today there is some surprising news from the home of one of the oldest football clubs in the world, Northwich Victoria have decided to name football management rookie Liam Willis as their new manager. Willis took no time in stamping his authority on the club and stating the intended path the club will take in the future.

"This club will bring pride back to football, we will rely on our youth system to provide success on and off the pitch. Last season saw this club relegated due to 'financial irregularities', I will ensure this club not only is a profit making club but also a successful one. There is no reason with the talent here already and those coming through the ranks we cannot climb the league ladder at a very quick pace."

Willis then continued to get carried away announcing the aim to win every league game this season, make at least the final of the FA Cup, and to win the premier league in the next 4 seasons, despite being a minimum of 5 promotions away from the league. He later insisted he was 'mis-quoted'... despite being filmed.

Manager information

Profile shot

************************************************************************************************************************************************

After having a brief look around the squad I'm pleasantly surprised to find a half decent team with at least 2 players in each position. There are also one or two youth players - nothing to write home about, but they will get their chance this season.

I'm hoping a top half finish should be possible this season, I think I was predicted 16th so I may well be in trouble with the board if we flirt with relegation at all. A cup run would be good for money and plus I love the cups.

A good aim from a lot of the other guys is to be promoted from each league in 3 seasons, which I am basically going to attempt to do, so this seasons goals:

Top half finish

Upgrade junior coaching

Get March youth players involved this season (top prospects only)

Currently working on a Tiki-Taka style tactic, which i'm set to release to the SI public :) Once i've done that i'll get back to doing this challenge and hopefully use my tactic with the team :D

Just incase anybody is interested to see what my tactic could end up doing for my Chester team, take a look at this for my first game in charge of Spurs :D

Spurs Vs Man City

I was asking about this recently, how to go about a tactic for this, high tempo high possession. Need to be more roaming, short passing, quick tempo, high creative freedom, then use shouts pass to feet, hassle opponents, work ball into box, play out of defence. Something like that? The downside to any such tactic is you need to have the players that can play this style! :confused:

I was asking about this recently, how to go about a tactic for this, high tempo high possession. Need to be more roaming, short passing, quick tempo, high creative freedom, then use shouts pass to feet, hassle opponents, work ball into box, play out of defence. Something like that? The downside to any such tactic is you need to have the players that can play this style! :confused:

For my tactic i've noticed that the only important players are the AMC, MC and Full Backs. If you have those positions then your guaranteed to dominate. I think my Chester side possibly has those positions covered.

End Of Season Report - 2012/2013

Northwich Victoria - Blue Square North

*Format shamelessly borrowed from Tactic Master!*

So first thing first, I needed to get some friendlies on the go. Morale boost vs money??? Oh whats a bit of depression between friends! I tried to get some big teams to come to The Victoria Stadium, and succeeded, highlights being a narrow 2-1 loss to Premier League Bolton, followed by a 9-1 thumping by Bournemouth. We ended the preseason with an easy friendly against AFC Liverpool to raise spirits - and drew 1-1. Oh dear... However we made a nice healthy £180k - ish (forgot screenshot!).

I also lost one of our most useful back ups who could play on the left and right of midfield - as well as up front, as he refused to sign a contract. Oops!

Blue Square North | FA Cup | FA Trophy | Transfers | Youth Intake Squad

Blue Square North

Regardless of our poor preseason, we managed to start the season reasonably, with 4 points from the opening 3. This was followed by 5 wins on the bounce. I was starting to get amitious with our hopes this year.

We kept up our decent form, aside from the FA cup where there was an embarrassing home defeat to lower league Kendal, until January. A few of our reserves (and one or two first teamers strangely enough) were complaining about the lack of regular football around this time and we were getting a replay in pretty much every round of the FA Trophy against BSP sides - this led to tired legs, poor morale and a fixture pile up,but we were in good shape. Which is more than I could say for Lewis Faulkner in this game - ending with 1% fitness. Surely thats intensive care levels?

Quick plug for performance of the season against a BSP side competing for promotion in their league.

We were at the top of the league along with Barrow and Hyde, however we fell quickly and by the time our youth intakes came in we were struggling to stay in the playoffs. However 4 wins in our last 6 games saw us sneak 4th place, virtually certain of a playoff spot with a game to spare.

Play-offs

Semi first leg

So, first off we would face up against a Vauxhall Motors side who had motored (sorry!) up in the last few game of the season, both teams were in form so I was confident of a good match. In the first leg, at home, we were outplayed for most of the match, most of our chances coming after I released the shackles and let the team play, we managed to escape with a late goal to grab 2-2 and remain in the tie. Both of our goals were stunners - made me happy!

Semi second leg

Wow... A fairly even match but we were so clinical and deserved the win.

Final

Well I bet the BSP sides are quaking in their boots watching this game. 22 shots between the teams in 120 minutes and not one on target. Penalties! *Interesting fact - Northwich Victoria scored the first ever penalty in the football league - doubt that will help us now though!*

It was slightly better in the shoot out with at least some of them on target, but both teams managed to miss a fair few. Most of the guys who had been moaning in my team all season managed to miss, however a miss by one of our star men Michael Clarke meant Hyde would be going up this time.

A good effort to get this far and I'm actually really happy, this will give us a chance to build for the BSP next season.

Special mention to Shaun Goodhall who finished the second highest scored in the league. He managed to get injured most matches but recover for the next game. A magic trick I greatly appreciated. 24 goals in the league really helped!

Youth Products

A bit underwhelmed by the years intake to be honest - still some promise below.

• Greg McGinn (YP01a) - Looks weak in the air but otherwise fairly solid. Made 3 sub appearances during the end of the season, scoring 1. Will be getting more first team action next year for sure.
  • Wayne Bayliss (YP01b) - Natural fitness! Could actually be a striker who will be fit for the majority of our games, and will by default get games next season. Decent physicals and should be more reliable in the penalties than the rest of our squad.
  • Darren Melia (YP01c) - We've been playing 2 guys who are primarily a right back and a centre back but who are accomplished at left back, so this guy could be really useful if he develops nicely.

Season     Division  Position  Achievement      FA Cup    FA Trophy
2012/2013  BSN       2nd       Play-off finals  2nd Qual  4th Round 

Almost certainly left some screenshots out so let me know if I need to include anything else!

Archived