Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Turns out Simm is a fantastic AMC, so I've been playing him there quite a bit. Rainford has been on fire scoring goals but just recently picked up a 4-week injury so my YP will feature in the first team during that time.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the hell, I'm in. Just took over FC United of Manchester and will now quickly guide them to glory.. Well, that's the plan anyways.

This is the third time tonight that I try this. I've had to start over because of some match preparation bug I've never seen before. Anyways, here is hoping this is the time it works ;)

Chester 2012/13 (Season 1) Update

Goals

1. Mid-Table Finish: Accomplished, we finished 13th in the table.

2. Qualify for both cups: Accomplished, we made it to the FAC 1st and FAT 2nd.

Competitions

League - Past Position - New Years Slump

Things were going so damn well, punching above our weight for the first half of the season. There was a freak 6-0 loss at the end of September but otherwise we were flying.We weren't turtling sides to death, but rather out-possessing them (as noted by opposing managers) and scoring seemingly at will. Then New Years rolled around and we crawled to the finish, getting dominated on possession, shots, goals, and basically every statistical category even though no players or tactics had changed at all. That is really the most frustrating part, it's like the players suddenly realized they were only expected to finish mid-table and decided to play like it.

In the FAC we drew a BSP side in the first round and were easily cleaned up. The FAT was very exciting, the first round with a BSP side went into extra time of the second leg where we scored in the 112th minute away from home to move on to the next round. We then lost to a BSP side in the second round.

The Squad - Ass Man's Report

The squad is fine. It's a little thin, and our Youth Intake (see below) was rather meager so I'm concerned for the near future but next season we should maintain our strength and challenge for the playoffs.

Youth Intake

YP01a - Greg Brierley

Has the potential to be a good Blue Square Premier striker. Already has reasonable physical stats for such a young player and they'll improve over time.

YP01b - Ross Downing

Has the potential to be a good League Two winger. My basic problem is my formation is wingerless (I play a 4-5-1) but as he develops it's possible I might change out of that some.

Previous Prospects

YP00 - Darren Ryan - Didn't have an amazing season but he's 16. His lone cup goal came with us 1-0 down in the 2nd leg of the FAT 1st round so it was vital. Aside from a few odd starts he got mostly a few run-outs and featured in the Reserves.

Misc

Facilities - Upgraded Junior Coaching before my intake. After taking this and going into the offseason I was able to get our Youth Recruitment up to basic.

Transfers

2013/14 Goals

1. Top Half Finish

2. Qualify for both cup competitions

3. Continue to develop my young prospects through training and (when possible) game experience

Season 2018/2019 Npower Championship First Season

Season Aims

Npower Championship: Avoid Relegation

League Cup: Reach Third Round

FA Cup: Reach Sixth Round

Npower Championship

League Table: We had a brilliant season I thought, coming 15th in the end which was aided by a bright start to the season. I think towards the end that our fitness levels had dropped considerably and if we had been able to avoid this, we would have finished higher up the table. In our last 16 matches we only won 3 games, compared to the 7 games we won in our opening 16 games.

League Cup Action

1st Round: Chester 4 - 1 Bradford

Fantastic game against Bradford who are currently in League 1, adding to a great start to the season.

2nd Round: Chester 1 - 0 Manchester City

Amazing stuff to beat Manchester City! I was completely shocked at this, especially being on the back foot for nearly all the game. Christian Walsh put them to the sword and we some how scraped the win.

3rd Round: Stoke 1 - 3 Chester

Another brilliant performance with 2 late goals to secure the victory! We've never reached the 3rd round before, so to reach the 4th round is brilliant.

4th Round: Chester 3 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday

We rode our luck here, but thankfully we managed the victory against the out of form Premier League side. Into the Quarter Finals!

Quarter Finals: Q.P.R. 1 - 2 Chester

Christian Walsh has been amazing so far in this tournament and was yet again all over the papers with his heroics! It was 1 - 1 up untill the 77th minute when he slotted a header away from a corner. Semi-Finals here we come!

Semi-Finals Leg 1: Chester 1 - 1 Birmingham

Birmingham outplayed us here, but Brett Smart scored a late goal to equalise and provide us with an unlikely draw! We have it all to do in the 2nd Leg.

Semi-Finals Leg 2: Birmingham 1 - 1 Chester (Chester win 4 - 3 on penalties)

AMAZING! New to the team Kyle Gay, the new SYP scores the first, whilst Gary Beckford, Eric Davidson and Brett Smart follow up with consecutive penalties. Birmingham missed, then Bilal Butt missed for us and it was down to Birminghams last penalty! Bojan Jokic misses! Amazing way to reach the Final and totally unexpected!

League Cup Final: Blackburn 3 - 2 (AET) Chester

We took Blackburn into extra time and for a moment I believed we could do this on penalties, but Mohamed Diame of Blackburn shattered the dreams of 1,000's of Chester fans... Many will look to blame Ciaran Wood for his red card in the 110th minute, but no matter what the result was going to be, I was extremely happy to be in the final!

FA Cup Action

3rd Round: Chester 4 - 1 Brentford

I was never in doubt over this one and it was a brilliant victory.

4th Round: Arsenal 4 - 0 Chester

We were brought back to reality as this game followed on from our amazing League Cup semi-final victory, with Arsenal dominating the entire match! I was a bit disappointed, especially with the progress we've made in this competition over the years, but to come up against a team like Arsenal so early on is just unlucky.

Chester

Finances: Ri was right, the money is brilliant in the Championship! Hopefully next season we can do better in the FA Cup and bring in extra money, whilst also bringing in more fans to our new stadium which will hopefully be built at the end of June!

Transfers: Proof of Zero Transfers this season!

Squad Stats: Our top players were without a doubt Reece Jeffries (Goalkeeper), Antoni Sarcevic (Centre Mid), Brett Smart (Attacking Right Mid), Kyle Pope (Attacking Lef Mid) and Christian Walsh (Striker) who was the best of the lot by far.

Youth Players & Special Youth Players

Gary Beckford YP01: He was the first to appear from the youth system and his career has been hampered by constant injuries. Luckily this season he was only sustaining smaller injuries and was able to contribute a bit more unlike that season when he broke his leg. It does seem however that his career is coming to an end in regards to Chester and he will probably move on sooner rather than later.

Manuele De Petrillo YP02: The first of the Sammarinese and it's just unfortunate that he just didn't have the potential to go much further. Last season he got lucky as Gary Beckford broke his foot and he had to step in and play more often, but this season was restricted to just 4 subsitute appearances... I am very suprised at his lack of involvment with San Marino, but if he moved on from Chester, I have a good feeling about him making it eventually.

Rod Delfouneso YP03: Has been disappointing this season which was a suprise following on from his best season so far in League 1. Has also handed in a transfer request and hasn't attempted to revoke it. With the lack of Central Midfielders, I doubt I will let him go despite his performances and he should be here next season.

Kyle Pope YP04: Pope has always been a squad player, but this season has come to the fore with some brilliant performances! He was one of our best players and deserved his time on the field. His pace on the ball is his main threat along with brilliant flair, the ability to fool the opposition. Has turned 20 and will hopefully become an England U21 after playing several times for the U19's. Currently worth £1.3mil!

Christian Walsh YP05: Chester's LEGEND! He has made history with the club and is regarded as the best player to walk into the club. He has scored an insane 138 goals in just 179 appearances! Last season in League 1 was definately his best, but considering the opposition this season, you could argue this was close! 44 goals in 53 appearances is fantastic and was by far the best player and deserves his new Legendary Status.

Ciaran Wood YP06: Another of the star performers this season, putting in several brilliant displays in defence and his stats just keep rising. According to the coaching staff he doesn't have much more potential which is unfortunate, but I think he will be key to getting us into the Premier League. Had a very slow start to his career, but has grown to become one of the best at the club over the past few seasons.

Eric Davidson YP07: One of the younger players and still has a lot of potential, so he can be forgiven for his poor performances this season and I'm sure he will improve in the coming season. He has a brilliant passing ability which is key to the team going forward. Hasn't played as many games as he probably would have liked, but made several substitute appearances.

Reece Jeffries YP08: The amazing Reece Jeffries, the Npower Championship's best goalkeeper according to the team of the year. If it wasn't for him, we would have struggled to survive this season. At just 18 years old, has already made 5 appearances for the England U21's and could possibly become number 1 for England some day if he lives up to his potential! Dubbed The Next Peter Shilton!

Salvatore Mirabelli YP09: The new kid on the block and our second ever Sammarinese player! He is a goalkeeper and has brilliant potential. Definately will be number 1 for San Marino in the near future and has already got brilliant stats. Unfortunately he has major competition with Reece Jeffries and will have to take his chances when they drop by!

Richie Lowe YP10: Hopefully the future partner of Ciaran Wood to replace the underperforming Bilal Butt who also plays right back and the ageing Ryan James who's performances have been nothing short of rubbish this season. His height, heading and jumping ability make him a massive presence at the back and has already made 9 appearances for the club!

Christian Nwachukwu YP11: Half English and half Nigerian, it has been said he could be THE NEXT ASHLEY COLE! His raw pace and acceleration make him a huge threat going forward, whilst also being able to track back fast. He also has a great heading ability which is a rare trate for a wing back and his Determination is second to none! Mick Reynalds has struggled to make a name for himself and Nwachukwu has a huge chance of putting massive pressure on Reynalds and could probably take his shirt!

Brett Smart SYP01: The first of the best to come through the youth ranks, touted to become a Premier League great, having bags of potential! He is constantly being tracked by the big teams and we have had to hold off a massive bid from Manchester United in January, having re-negotiated the transfer fee, with United pulling out at the last minute. He continues to grow at a fast pace and still has bags of potential in him!

Kyle Gay SYP02: TOUTED AS THE NEXT DAVID DUNN! Last years youth prospect has made huge strides this season in terms of development, but has struggled in his performances. He is still only 17 and has a couple more seasons before he could make an impact like Brett Smart, but his versatility is just amazing. He plays mainly in the centre of midfield, but has the ability to be a threat on both sides of the pitch as well! Definately a future great.

Lloyd McKearney SYP03: It was a tough decision, but I've decided that only one player can pick up the prestigious SYP tag each season and McKearney just about stole my attention from what has been an amazing intake this season. Has only played one game due to the amazing attacking ability we currently have at the club, but is set for plenty more action next season, even if it is substitute appearances. Scored 1 goal and 1 assist in 1 start and 1 subsitute appearance, with an average rating of 8.20 over the 2 games!

Just had an enquiry from Liverpool for Reece Jeffries... Told them I wanted £8mil and they withdrew :D

[EDIT]

Just had a bid of £9.75mil for Brett Smart from Manchester United. I made a counter offer, asking for £11mil and 10% of any sale there after. United withdrew thankfully, although I was thinking they'd go with that.

Great season. Shame you didn't get a Champions League side in the cup final as you would of been in Europe then.

I will be joining you in the Championship after a play-off final penalties win. Four play-off finals, three penalty shoot-outs an we've finally won one.

I'll update in the morning.

Great season. Shame you didn't get a Champions League side in the cup final as you would of been in Europe then.

I will be joining you in the Championship after a play-off final penalties win. Four play-off finals, three penalty shoot-outs an we've finally won one.

I'll update in the morning.

Congratulations :D The Championship is definately a very difficult league... You can beat Championship teams in the cup, but when you have to play them week in and week out, it becomes difficult. Best of luck :)

More news on the transfer front from with, with Sunderland bidding £11.25mil for Brett Smart, but the money wasn't up front, so I asked for more and they withdrew.

@Joel1031

Your new striker looks brilliant and i'm sure he will come big for your club in the coming seasons! Well done on achieving mid-table :) Good luck next season.

I sure hope so. I'll be honest that I'm a bit worried about the team in the next few seasons after this one. Most of the players will be aging out and whatnot and so I'll need a big contribution from my current youth, and they might not be up to snuff. With extended recruiting network though that might help for next March

TM- well done on a great season mate! that update was brilliant as well. You were unlucky not to win any silverware but getting to the final and surviving relegation were great achievements.

Joel- Thats a solid start to the challenge joel.next season you can push for the playoffs :)

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 13 UPDATE - 2024/25

Season objectives - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

League One - 5th Beat Millwall on penalties in play-off final.

FA Cup - 4th round

League Cup - 3rd round

JPT - quarter final

Another play-off final but this time we were victorious. The final was really edgy with neither side really creating much and when we came to penalties I was aware that we had lost two play-off penalty shoot-outs before and was nervous when we missed the first kick. We scored the remaining four and are now a Championship side. After 5 years of trying we have finally got new training facilities coming at a cost of £3.2m pound.

No transfers.

This years youth intake has one worth a mention. He is Billy Grant (YP13).

SEASON 14 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - avoid relegation

Board expectation - avoid relegation

Media prediction - 24th

I am expecting a tough year but I do have players coming through that will finally improve the defence. If we can stay up this year we should be fine going forward. This years first team squad.

Billy Grant looks great, just need to get him on some quickness training there and he'll be a good player for you.

TM Knocking back that money for your striker is a brave move, have you got him tied up on a long term deal? As someone else said, you can't re-invest the money so if you can keep him then do it, just make sure you don't lose him for nothing. Is that a San Marino flag next to your name? Is that why you've had a couple of that nationality through?

Okay, just about to start this. Just going to set it to holiday.....failure awaits.

I have chosen..............CHESTER! Founded in 2010 which is what made me choose them, new team using only youth products to rise to the top seemed quite fitting.

I sure hope so. I'll be honest that I'm a bit worried about the team in the next few seasons after this one. Most of the players will be aging out and whatnot and so I'll need a big contribution from my current youth, and they might not be up to snuff. With extended recruiting network though that might help for next March

Most of your youth players will generally have much better PA than the CA of your current players, so you should give your youth plenty of games even if they don't have a ton of potential.

TM- well done on a great season mate! that update was brilliant as well. You were unlucky not to win any silverware but getting to the final and surviving relegation were great achievements.

Thanks, I never doubted i'd survive just because I knew we could beat Championship teams, but I had no clue where we would be in the table. I was gutted at losing in the final because it was a chance to get into Europe, but I can't complain too much because we were still in the final :D

SEASON 14 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - avoid relegation

Board expectation - avoid relegation

Media prediction - 24th

I am expecting a tough year but I do have players coming through that will finally improve the defence. If we can stay up this year we should be fine going forward. This years first team squad.

Congratulations again on promotion and best of luck for the coming season, i'm sure you will avoid relegation!

TM Knocking back that money for your striker is a brave move, have you got him tied up on a long term deal? As someone else said, you can't re-invest the money so if you can keep him then do it, just make sure you don't lose him for nothing. Is that a San Marino flag next to your name? Is that why you've had a couple of that nationality through?

Definately need to keep hold of him because it would only weaken the team if we lost him, but I've got a price in mind incase someone bids that amount as I have Kyle Gay in the team now who can play his position. He's got 2 years left on his contract, but i'm expecting him to ask for a better deal because i'm currently paying him peanuts, but he hasn't been bothered at all which is strange for a footballer :D Yes i'm a Sammarinese Manager and i've just got my 2nd Sammarinese player through this season who looks to have some good potential and should become their number 1 keeper in a couple of years.

Marty- Well done on the promotion mate :thup:

pnefc- Welcome to the challenge mate! good luck with chester.

aldojags- Nice to see different people posting in here. Do you think you will ever do the challenge after you complete the big euro nation one?

I really fancy it ri196, I regularly check in and read this thread to see how your all doing, I definitely think if/when I complete Euro Nation I'd love to try something like this, bringing through youngsters is my favourite part of FM, does seem insanely difficult though! Climbing leagues is hard enough when you can sign people! Do you ever read the big euro nation thread? If you don't, you should check it out, as PRDH is employing a youth product only policy now with his club now he's completed the challenge, you should see some of the players he's brought through, it's amazing. He's posted an update on the current page of the thread, honestly mate you should have a look.

How long you been doing the challenge? Had many completions? Must have had some stunnings regens along the way!

I really fancy it ri196, I regularly check in and read this thread to see how your all doing, I definitely think if/when I complete Euro Nation I'd love to try something like this, bringing through youngsters is my favourite part of FM, does seem insanely difficult though! Climbing leagues is hard enough when you can sign people! Do you ever read the big euro nation thread? If you don't, you should check it out, as PRDH is employing a youth product only policy now with his club now he's completed the challenge, you should see some of the players he's brought through, it's amazing. He's posted an update on the current page of the thread, honestly mate you should have a look.

How long you been doing the challenge? Had many completions? Must have had some stunnings regens along the way!

its a lot harder than you think tbh ive completed this and the big euro nation small club game

Chester 2013/14 (Season 2) Update

Goals

1. Top Half Finish - Achieved

2. Qualify for both cup competitions - Achieved

3. Develop Youth - Achieved

Competitions

Blue Square Bet South

Table - Past Positions

We started out brilliantly yet again. From August 31st until December 21st we were unbeaten in the league. We hit a rough patch after the New Year where we struggled to win but still maintained our place near the top. Luckily we made a charge in the last month and a half that saw us into the final playoff spot.

We went up against Nuneaton, the side we drew with on the final day of the season. After losing the opening leg 1-0 at home, we found ourselves down 1-0 on the road thanks for a penalty. The boys fought brilliantly to equalize 2-2 in the 85th minute, only to fall short in Extra Time after conceding in the 115th minute.

FA Cup

4th Qualifying Round: Chester 1-0 Southport

We saw off BSP side Southport who never even got a shot on target.

First Round: Eastwood 2-4 Chester

Greg Brierley had the first team debut players dream about, scoring a hat trick on the road to seal the victory.

Second Round: Preston 1-0 Chester

League One side Preston saw us off with little difficulty. It didn't help that we had a man sent off in the 77th minute making a comeback virtually impossible.

FA Trophy

First Round: Chester 0-2 Stockport

We lost to the BSP side but in truth deserved at least a draw. Their goals were a penalty in the 77th and a score in the 85th.

The Club

The Squad - Ass Man's Report

Facilities - We were given two upgrades in Junior Coaching and an increased Youth Network (gotten during the offseason as mentioned in my last update)

Transfers

Youth News

Darren Ryan found a place in the first team from the start of the season, while Brierly and Downing were called up midway through November due to some injuries and a change in formation. Some other young players found their way into the rotation due to some combination of injuries, poor form, or just to help prevent fatigue.

Youth Intake - Got two very solid top prospects and some decent depth behind them. Definitely needed the center back.

New Prospects

YP02a Richard Herbert - Will likely start in the first team next season, or if not will feature heavily as part of a rotation at RB. Will be focusing mostly on his pace and crossing/dribbling to start

YP02b Sean Cassidy - Has good League Two potential. Right now with my three solid strikers I play with an IF at left wing, but as Rainford moves on and Cassidy improves that will certainly change. His speed will terrorize the U18s while is other abilities develop more fully.

Old Prospects

YP00 Darren Ryan - Had some nice gains during the season. Performed reasonably well for a guy with 7 Finishing and provided plenty of help for teammates in attacking positions.

YP01a Greg Brierly - This kid is a real terror for opposing defenses. His debut perhaps gave unreasonable expectations for the rest of his performances but you'd be hard-pressed to find a better 17 year-old on a BSN first team.

YP01b Ross Downing - I intially had some concerns but swapping to a formation with wingers improved my team overall while allowing Downing to start and shine on the first team.

2014/15 Goals

1. Playoffs - Board is asking for playoffs but hopefully we can overachieve.

2. FAC/FAT 2nd Round - Again a long shot given anything can happen on the draw.

It's nice to hear that you have been reading this thread and I have been reading the big euro nation thread! Some of PDRH's young players are awesome as is Roger for you. The challenge thread started in March and so far only toonbalmy has completed it, but we have someone in the EPL and quite a few championship teams. As for me I have failed a bit so far as I got sacked after 5 seasons and couldnt get back into it. I'm now back in my 5th season with St albans but I havent got promoted yet.

good luck completing the challenge in france btw :)

Good season Joel. It took me 6 seasons to reach the play-offs for the first time. I lost out aswell but you may be encouraged to know that the following season we won the league (and went on to two more consecutive promotions).

Getting two junior coaching upgrades in two seasons is great and I think you'll pleasantly surprised how well some of the youngsters turn out. Good luck next season.

I thought the championship was easy when we sat just outside the play-offs after about 15 games. Have lost 10 out of 12 now and we are dropping fast. Just as well we started with some early wins.

It's nice to hear that you have been reading this thread and I have been reading the big euro nation thread! Some of PDRH's young players are awesome as is Roger for you. The challenge thread started in March and so far only toonbalmy has completed it, but we have someone in the EPL and quite a few championship teams. As for me I have failed a bit so far as I got sacked after 5 seasons and couldnt get back into it. I'm now back in my 5th season with St albans but I havent got promoted yet.

good luck completing the challenge in france btw :)

Yeah I'm really lucky to have had Roger come through, hope I get the best out of him. That's excellent you've had someone complete it, like I said, it seems so difficult I'd be stuck in BSN for like 20 years! Good luck with St Albans I'll keep an eye on your progress :thup:

Cambridge City - kino4

2013/14 End of Season Updates:

Transfers (Club)

League Table (Competition) - Playoff Final (Winners)

Squad (Club)

Under 18s (Club)

Profile (Manager)

Information (Club)

Seasonal Review

I just don't know what happened? I had a great start to the season, goals coming from everywhere and I thought I was gonna win the league at one stage, but no sadly my youth striker lost his form and didn't score for 2 months!!! But still ended up being player of the season. It was nice to go up via the playoffs considering I had played and lost when I often deserved to win, I ended up dominating most games with a 5-4-1 Formation (away) and a 3-5-2 Formation (home). I just dominate the midfield and have pacey strikers...

Next Season Expectations

I am hoping to stay clear of relegation, I accept the fact that I got promoted luckily and therefore may come straight back down... I hope to get the facilities upgraded again whilst I'm in a higher division... I am also praying for the time when I become a Professional Club as I hate Part-Time Contracts!!!!!

Congrats on the promotion, hopefully you'll have some momentum and get a good start to stay clear of relegation.

Cheers man, I've stayed up as well, just haven't been able to upload my screenshots to photobucket yet. It keeps messing up...

Congrats on the promotion and on staying up!

A mini update on my impression from my start of the season with Chester: Decent start, looks like we will be a mid-table team this season but no chance of the playoffs as we are really struggling for goals. The squad is very average with two or three good players and a lot of very poor ones. The stadium and fans are great, pulling in 2000+ crowds in the BSN. PS.....hoping for a good cup run.

Congrats on the promotion and on staying up!

A mini update on my impression from my start of the season with Chester: Decent start, looks like we will be a mid-table team this season but no chance of the playoffs as we are really struggling for goals. The squad is very average with two or three good players and a lot of very poor ones. The stadium and fans are great, pulling in 2000+ crowds in the BSN. PS.....hoping for a good cup run.

Kino- Well done on promotion mate :thup:
Well done on promotion Kino :D

I've noticed in my save that our form in the first half of the season is very good, but in the second half it becomes rubbish... I need to find a way to combat this.

Cheers guys...Tactic Master - I'm the same in my seasons so far... I've tried different approaches to team meetings but even if I raise morale of all I just can't carry on the run on after xmas- starting to annoy me a bit now.

FC United of Manchester - Season 1 - 2012/13

Took over United with board wanting us to stay up. We were never in danger of getting relegated and had an outside chance of reaching the play off's until day 35. We were consistently inconsistent winning three, losing three all season. In the end we settled for mid-table obscurity.

League Table

Transfers

Youth intake

Compared to my squad I guess it's a decent intake, but they won't be setting the world on fire...

The best of them is Louis Leigh (YP1)

We've had a junior coaching upgrade and are currently updating both training and youth facilities. This has left us strapped for cash though. Finances

Since I'm Swedish the currency is SEK, divide by 11 and you'll get Sterling value ;)

Player of the year

Mike Norton who almost singlehandedly kept us afloat at times.

Youth player of the year

Well, no one really...

Cups

FA Cup - Got trashed by BSP side Accrington 3-1 in the 4th qualifying round.

FA Trophy - Lost 1-0 at home against BSP Southport. No tears left my eyes...

Next Season

Hoping to climb a few places in the league and sniff at the play off spot.

Continue to improve the facilities

Give youth a chance

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 14 UPDATE - 2025/26

Season objective - avoid relegation (achieved).

Achievements:

Championship - 10th

FA Cup - 4th round

League Cup - 2nd round

Apart from a dodgy spell around christmas we played very well and managed a top 10 finish. Considering our, at times, comical defending and one of the worst disciplinary records in the league this was amazing. We have a new stadium being built which will be ready in a year and will hold about 14,000.

No transfers.

This years youth intake was decent and has four tags but Solomon Izuchukwu (YP14a) stands out and has already featured in the first team. The others are Anthony Thornton (YP14b), James Gardener(YP14c) and Joe Morris (YP14d).

SEASON 15 OBJECTIVES

My expectation - mid-table

Board expectation - mid-table

Media prediction - 18th

Happy for mid-table as i'm releasing a few back-up/rotation players to make way for some of my youngsters. I don't expect to finish any higher than last years 10th as this league is tough and teams won't be as quick to underestimate this time round.

Does anyone know how big a 14,000 seat stadium could eventually be expanded to?

Pjotas- Welcome to the challenge mate! great season there and maybe you could have a sniff of the playoffs next season :)

Marty- Great effort to reach 10th place Marty. As for your question, I would guess you could expand it to about 40k :). But it is all down to luck and planning permission.

@pjotas, well done on survival and as you said, it was never a fear (relegation). Play a handfull of your intake in the coming season and you will become stronger thereafter :D

@Marty78, brilliant first season in the Championship! I only wish we had done so well, but I will have to wait :) Solomon looks a cracking player and would make it into my team any day! I'm unsure on the stadium expansion, but you will definately need it as I'm filling mine nearly already and we've jumped from 6,000 to 15,550. It seems the fans love us :D

Izuchukwu looks the part marty, I'm not surprised you've already included him.
@pjotas, well done on survival and as you said, it was never a fear (relegation). Play a handfull of your intake in the coming season and you will become stronger thereafter :D

@Marty78, brilliant first season in the Championship! I only wish we had done so well, but I will have to wait :) Solomon looks a cracking player and would make it into my team any day! I'm unsure on the stadium expansion, but you will definately need it as I'm filling mine nearly already and we've jumped from 6,000 to 15,550. It seems the fans love us :D

I'm delighted with Solomon and he starts the new season as a first team member. I have also promoted a few others. This year is about as much first team appearances for as many youngsters as possible. I'm filling a 6,200 stadium owned by AFC Wimbledon at the minute.

I was hoping to get an update posted today but hit a major setback. I started the season 11-0-2 and was going up against the 4th place side away. I thrashed them 4-1, and then my computer crashed. I've been trying for the last hour+ to try and get that win back (don't even care about the 4-1) and FM12 just keeps handing me losses.

I demand my win! :(

Redditch United - Season 1 - 2012/13

A great season really spending most of our time up in the top 6/7 surprised everyone at the club, including me. We made it into the playoffs beating Guiseley 2-0 on Agg. (1-0 both games) before facing Nuneaton in the final which we lost 1-0.

Final BSN Table.

Youth Candidates;

Youth Squad.

Garry Pejic Profile|Report

Dave McInnes Profile|Report

The Cups;

FA Cup 2nd Qual. rd Lost 3-2 to Hednesford.

FA Trophy 1st Rd Lost 2-0 to Blyth.

Records Broken: Youngest Ever Player!

Squad|Finances|Look no Transfers

What sort of season report would it be without a mention for the Fans Player of the Season.

Aims for Next Season:

#1: Get playing time for as many youngsters with more than 3* potential as i can.

#2: Playoffs Again.

#3: Get Finances in the Black.

I've broken Redditch United :confused: I started season 2 last night and after 8 games was 6th but ... Then i got hammered 5-0 and now we've gone on a 6 game losing streak i pulled a win back and now we've lossed 2 more after a meeting that i killed everyones morale. If i survive relagation this year i'll be happy at this rate.

It'll turn itself around, of my 6 seasons I think 5 of them have just been comprised of a great run of form followed by a terrible one, followed by a great one, and so on!

In my 2nd season in the BSP we went from 3rd to 18th to 3rd and then finished the season in 10th. Eventually you'll find some form to keep yourself in the league.

The meeting killed me, i've always hated those cant believe i was foolish enough to listen to my Ass Man and call one. Gutted now .. Add in 2 more losses ... Should probably step away from the game for abit.

EDIT: After 22 games we are 20th i think i'll step away until tonight after i've been to work.

I've rarely had a team meeting that has improved things. And the whole process is agonisingly slow, on my computer anyways.

I dont think i ever had thats why im annoyed that i had one ... I've got an hour before i have to go to work so i'm going to be brave and try another couple of games ... I have to be able to turn things around 2nd half of the season right!?

I've rarely had a team meeting that has improved things. And the whole process is agonisingly slow, on my computer anyways.

Its a known bug I think, been like that since the last patch.

Brettney- Great first season, you were unlucky to miss out on promotion.

Mack4life- Well done on the Promotion mate! fantastic stuff.

Chester

2012/13 Season Review

Competitions

BSN - A really poor start to the season led me fighting for my job as we were on 40% job security with my tight wage control keeping me in a job but we picked up and rallied which resulted in a decent unbeaten run which left us with an outside shot at the playoffs. When this form dwindled, I knew that I had no chance of promotion and no chance of relegation so played the youth players for the last 5-8 games which dropped us to the bottom of the middle pack and a 16th place finish. A real lack of goals is to note and a very poor goal difference.

FA Cup - Own goals and a tough Mickleover side which played us off the park led to us going out in the 4th qualifying round.

FA Trophy - Another 2 own goals led to a 4-1 thrashing by Marine in the 2nd Round.

League Table Link

Transfers Proof - A lot of players left who were surplus to requirements including some that I would have liked to have kept but could not afford their wages.

Players

IGNORE THE STATS FOR THIS SEASON.....forgot to screenshot at the end of last season and want you to see attributes, not stats.

Nsaku - Nsaku is an U19 French European Championship runner up who was in the starting squad. He is a top player for the BSN.

Mcginn - A set piece specialist but a pretty average left back.

Rainford - He should be a top striker in this division with 10+ in most striking areas but he had a very average season. Still managed to be club top scorer with 15 goals overall.

Summary

A decent first season in the Blue Square North as at one point, I thought we were going to rise through and clinch the playoffs but we just couldn't maintain the mid-season form. The youth players got a lot of experience and we have a decent team to try again next season.

Other News

• Board agreed to an increase in the youth recruitment network (now basic)
  • Board agreed to an increase in the junior coaching spending (now adequate)

Club History

-------------------------------------------------------------
Season	League	POS	PTS	FA Cup	League Cup	Other
-------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	BSN	16th	49	Quals	N/A		FA Trophy 2nd Rnd

Youth player update soon. Will just be another mini update like this one as in the early seasons, there isn't much to say

Archived