Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

This extra money is used to buy facilites and pay for wages when in reality this would not happen

All my opinions of course and it's not something I have ever done

I love this challenge (I have never got out of the Blue Square North/South)

I feel by doing this it takes away part of the challenge and using a flaw in the game

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This extra money is used to buy facilites and pay for wages when in reality this would not happen

I feel by doing this it takes away part of the challenge and using a flaw in the game

I dont look at it as cheating because the challenge is hard enough without stopping people from organising friendlies. May look at it for the next version though.

Is this okay then? I don't think it is cheating personally but as long as the rules are the same for everybody then it doesn't matter anyway.

I live in a town with a club in lower leagues than ours who have faced Man Utd, Villa, Wolves, Coventry, Birmingham to name just a few. I don't think playing these sides is a problem but do sides like ours take part in tournaments?

If you rule against it poor old toonbalmy will have to start again:p

Is this okay then? I don't think it is cheating personally but as long as the rules are the same for everybody then it doesn't matter anyway.

I live in a town with a club in lower leagues than ours who have faced Man Utd, Villa, Wolves, Coventry, Birmingham to name just a few. I don't think playing these sides is a problem but do sides like ours take part in tournaments?

If you rule against it poor old toonbalmy will have to start again:p

I have no problem with it and do it myself. May ask how people think about changing this for the next version though.

how can it be a flaw when obviously my local team darlington have played newcastle boro sunderland leeds etc..... while they have been in the BSP. in reality this would never happen in real life to be honest george reynolds said darlington would be in the Premiership in 10 years now look where they are... they dont even have a division at the moment.

I have no problem with it and do it myself. May ask how people think about changing this for the next version though.

what do you mean changing what because you only can play the teams that come up anyways and you dont exactly get all the premier league teams to start of with anyways

I dont look at it as cheating because the challenge is hard enough without stopping people from organising friendlies. May look at it for the next version though.
Fair enough but I don't like using it and won't. The odd home friendly, yes, but tournaments so you can get gate receipts is unrealisticIt's so unreal and never happened in real life as far as I'm aware.

how can it be a flaw when obviously my local team darlington have played newcastle boro sunderland leeds etc..... while they have been in the BSP. in reality this would never happen in real life to be honest george reynolds said darlington would be in the Premiership in 10 years now look where they are... they dont even have a division at the moment.
Yes friendlies are fine and happen all the time. Stoke play non league Newcastle Town every summer. What doesnt happen is two random teams play at Newcastle Town and they receive the gate receipts.

what do you mean changing what because you only can play the teams that come up anyways and you dont exactly get all the premier league teams to start of with anyways

I just meant I would ask people whether they want organising money spinners to be against the rules in the next version (FM13). I am perfectly fine with people doing this in this challenge and I do it myself. I dont believe it takes away from anyones achievements either.

I just meant I would ask people whether they want organising money spinners to be against the rules in the next version (FM13). I am perfectly fine with people doing this in this challenge and I do it myself. I dont believe it takes away from anyones achievements either.
No it certainly doesn't take anything awayI don't want to upset anyone. It's just my opinion and how I play my save

but obviously you only get money spinners when you get higher in the leagues i mean ill have a look at the teams i was getting when i was back in lower leagues all those years ago ;) i dont even play friendlys any more against big clubs i just play the small teams so they get alot more money i like to give back i know where my roots are :lol: or i let my assistant pick

No it certainly doesn't take anything awayI don't want to upset anyone. It's just my opinion and how I play my save
oh no im not getting upset i just dont see how its cheating its just making the most of a dire situation :lol: if someone offered you the chance to the win the lottery with the winning ticket would you take it or would you go for a lucky dip ;)

Yes friendlies are fine and happen all the time. Stoke play non league Newcastle Town every summer. What doesnt happen is two random teams play at Newcastle Town and they receive the gate receipts.

maybe if they ask nicely it might happen.

KINGSTONIAN SEASON FIVE UPDATE 2016/17

Season objectives: Top 10 (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 7th

FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round

FA Trophy - 2nd round

Well for most of the season I was sat in the play-off spots but once again we bottled it at the death. Really disappointed with the contribution of my strikers this year. Massive goal droughts are a nightmare when you don't have many other options. My two main strikers have less than 1 in 3. I have been trying to become more attacking with my tactics but the lack of pace in the side means we struggle badly when we open up. Defensively we are weak on paper but had the third best defense in the league which is promising. If I can add a few more goals we should do well.

No transfers.

Pleased with this years intake. Garry Beasant (YP5a) and Barry Bangura (YP5b) are looking good and adds some much needed pace to the attack. The development of Antonio Bengo (YP3b) has been the big plus this year and he is already the best player at the club. Hope I can keep him but may need promotion for that to happen. Some of the others have been poorer than I had hoped but they are young and I'm only releasing players with less than 3* PA just in case they blossom.

Season 6 objectives:

My expectation - play-offs

Board expectation - Top-half finish

Media prediction - 11th

Despite some frustrations I am still enjoying the challenge and am hoping another years experience will push the youngsters on. After checking through the squads of the better sides in the leagues my best players are still some way short in general. Realising that makes me feel better about taking my time for that first promotion. Promotion is a possiblity this year but we still might need a bit longer. A new 4-5-1 tactic is being tested pre-season so here is hoping I can make that work. Here is this years squad with all players with at least 1 1/2* current ability.

Third season with FC United

Above all expectations, 6th place in BSN after a roller-coaster with my best FA Cup run so far.

Conceding way too many goals from set-pieces was the team's biggest problem, trying to fix that next season. Youth intake is not so bad (3 goalkeepers???), I'm thinking about participating in reserves league next season, there are so many youngsters in U19 squad. Brightest talent is Simon Barnes this year (a striker, finally), and Welsh wing-back Connor Evans looks useful for set-pieces.

No transfers, trying to push for a playoff place in fourth season with 7-8 youngsters in starting eleven.

Relegated in my 3rd season. Board really screwed me over with the new stadium. It put me so far in debt that i was unable to renew any of the contracts of my better older players. I then had no players who were ever 'good' BSS ability. The team leaked goals at the back and at the same time couldn't score, top goal scorer finished with 5 goals. Will be trying again.

Relegated in my 3rd season. Board really screwed me over with the new stadium. It put me so far in debt that i was unable to renew any of the contracts of my better older players. I then had no players who were ever 'good' BSS ability. The team leaked goals at the back and at the same time couldn't score, top goal scorer finished with 5 goals. Will be trying again.

Are going to go with someone a bit easier? It can be hard to get good players through with some teams.

Are going to go with someone a bit easier? It can be hard to get good players through with some teams.

Ill see who comes through, i may well do. If it wasnt for the new stadium i'm sure i would have been able to get better players through though.

I only have 2 proper CM's :D. To be honest, i didn't check it before i took over but i might as well roll with it now, see what happens.

In my first season I had about 18 players and hardly filled the subs bench all season. A few of them were in their thirties and declining aswell so pretty much had to rely on youth straight away. You will have to aswell. Have to admit I thought I may have bitten off more than I could chew but now my youngsters are getting there. Completed five seasons without reaching the play-offs yet though. Good luck mate, you are going to need it.;)

In my first season I had about 18 players and hardly filled the subs bench all season. A few of them were in their thirties and declining aswell so pretty much had to rely on youth straight away. You will have to aswell. Have to admit I thought I may have bitten off more than I could chew but now my youngsters are getting there. Completed five seasons without reaching the play-offs yet though. Good luck mate, you are going to need it.;)

Yeah finding it much harder than i thought :lol: can't wait til March!

Edit: just went to load the game and it seems there's a problem with the save. I've re simmed a season and going with Chester this time, something easier :thup:

Rubbish season yet again

November and January didn't win a single game,changed formation, changed tactics, nothing worked

My Youth Candidates were absolutely rubbish and I mean RUBBISH

One player with 5 stats PA

North Ferriby Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------
Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012-13     BSN    18th   44     QUALS
2013-14     BSN    19th   42      2nd
2014-15     BSN    19th   37     QUALS
2015-16     BSN    15th   47     QUALS
2016-17     BSN    17th   39      1st
2017-18     BSN    19th   38      1st

Yeah finding it much harder than i thought :lol: can't wait til March!

Edit: just went to load the game and it seems there's a problem with the save. I've re simmed a season and going with Chester this time, something easier :thup:

Did you shut down your PC while saving as that will do it. My laptop occasionally overheats so I always have rolling weekly auto save on as I've been caught out before. Chester are professional aswell I think so training them youngsters will be better. With hindsight I would of picked Chester aswell but I liked the look of Kingstonians kit. Good luck.

Lowestoft - BSP - 2014/15 & 2015/16

I'm really enjoying this challenge, so much so that I'm flying through the seasons! We haven't really made much progress in the BSP but we're holding our own, that's for sure. Renford Turner has really stepped up to the plate and could finding himself leading the Lowestoft line for many years to come. The last couple of seasons have followed the same trend; start the season well, have a terrible Christmas, pick ourselves backup until Easter and then fall away again after that. We've went from comfortable mid table at Easter to just a few points outside the relegation zone by the time the season ends, mostly down to a small squad size.

On the youth side I'm becoming extremely concerned by the lack of defenders coming through the system, especially now that a couple of the senior members decided not to renew their contracts and I'm chucking in players at the deep end who are quite clearly not ready for this level. If only I could play 5 goalkeepers, that's one area we're not short on! Hoping for another solid season this year, although lack of strength in depth will probably be our downfall yet again.

2015 Table

2016 Table

Best of the youths

Transfers

Transfers

KINGSTONIAN SEASON SIX UPDATE - 2017/18

Season objective - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 3rd LOST PLAYOFF FINAL ON PENALTIES:mad:

FA Cup - 3rd qual

FA Trophy - 3rd qual

First International - Antonio Bengo (YP3) A very small nation but still.

BSB South player of the year - Antonio Bengo (YP3) He is now earning £400 a week to try and keep him.

Gutted. Fantastic all season but just couldn't get over the line. The play-off final was a tight affair and feel unfortunate to have lost on penalties.

Have finally got youth and training facilities being built though and junior coaching is now at excellent but can't increase youth network still. Lets hope I can go one step further this time.

No transfers.

Here is the youth intake but nothing great except for Biju Lansbury (YP6). Actually only offered 6 youth contracts as they rest were crap.

SEASON 7 EXPECTATIONS

My expectation - Play offs

Board expectation - top half finish

Media prediction - 12th

Only aiming for the play-offs again this year as I'm sure there will be a team coming down that is much stronger than me. Really hoping one of my young strikers can take off to grab those goals in tight games as thats what I think I am still missing. If that happens I could even win the league. Problems with some contracts though. Players want new contracts but won't listen to offers? I have lost my experienced left back and captain because of this now and I'm not amused. I have just one left back at the club now.

YP= Youth Player Number= order they came through, so in season 1 you will have a YP01 but you could have 2 good players and then you would have a YP02 as well. So next season the next good player through would be YP03.

Lowestoft - BSP - 2016/17

Same old story for us in the BSP, a decent first XI but devoid of any real quality in the defence or midfield, and with little to no backup in pretty much all departments this was a bit of a struggle of a season. On the bright side, we did survive but we're making no progress in this league whatsoever, and as the league table shows you can clearly see where our problems lie.

This is a problem further compounded by the game producing no decent defenders! We only play with one up front and in a couple of years time we'll have 4 or 5 very competent strikers for this level, with a further 3 right wingers. Some decent prospects this year from the youth candidates but the lack of defenders will certainly mean another struggle against relegation next season.

The senior squad is beginning to develop some depth after a season of transition, and it's promising to see half of the first XI have come through the ranks of the club and are holding their own at this level. With some luck we may be able to push for the play-offs in a couple of seasons, but for now we're happy just to be here.

And to confirm no cheating - Transfers

Fourth season with FC United was a breakthrough. Head-to-head race with a very strong Cambridge United all season for 1st place. Credit to Worcester City, they beaten Cambridge (5-1 away!) so our 3-0 victory on the very last day was enough to clinch the title. League table. 90 points - not bad from the youngest squad in the league. Our star player is Shane Taylor, a big and strong lad who can also score from set-pieces. At 18, he is already a welsh U21 regular, but after scouting him, Wales Manager called him up to national team (unused substitute against Russia). He is also wanted by Championship teams Portsmouth and Swansea, worth 150k but my asking price is 750k. He just signed a new 3-year contract, 1000 quid per week (1400 after his first international cap). BSN Player of the year as well.

Other star player is 16 year old striker Simon Barnes, top scorer of the league with 22.

Youth intake looks good, investing in junior coaching was a good business, I can throw 2-3 youngsters straight into the first team (Steven Cribley is one of them). Hopefully I can get some wingers next year, our reliable and decent wide men retiring or leaving the club. However, most promising young players are defenders again, so I have 5 excellent central defenders to choose from.

I have been voted as Manager of the year, League 2 sides Brentford and Wimbledon approached me after this successful campaign.

No transfers of course, but spent about 12k on a goalkeeping coach.

Can't wait for Blue Square Premier next season, media prediction is 24th place, board expectation is to avoid relegation, I hope we can survive.

Awesome challenge, best way to learn about youth development, hats off to Ri916!

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 7 UPDATE - 2018/19

Season objectives - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 1st PROMOTED AS CHAMPIONS:D

FA Cup -3rd qualifying round

FA Trophy - 3rd round

After last years penalty shootout heartache we responded magnificently. It was worth missing out last year to bring the first trophy home. We started well and were top all season in what was a very satisfying season. A mid-season injury setback meant I had to play Garry Beasant (YP5a) in midfield for about two months and if I hadn't he may well have been top scorer in the league. He managed about a goal a game as a striker and was instrumental in this years success. Finally managed to increase youth network aswell so bring on the BSB premier. I have also, to my surprise, had yet another junior coaching upgrade and am now at exceptional. I didn't even have to beg they said yes straight away.

No transfers.

In my enthusiasm for my title challenge I forgot about this years intake but here is the best. Paulin Ochieng (YP7a) and Frank McBride (YP7b)

Season 8 objectives:

My expectation - Avoid relegation

Board expectation - Avoid relegation

Media prediction - 24th

Just want to survive this year and it will be interesting to see how the players handle the step up. This years squad.

KINGSTONIAN SEASON 7 UPDATE - 2018/19

Season objectives - play-offs (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 1st PROMOTED AS CHAMPIONS:D

FA Cup -3rd qualifying round

FA Trophy - 3rd round

After last years penalty shootout heartache we responded magnificently. It was worth missing out last year to bring the first trophy home. We started well and were top all season in what was a very satisfying season. A mid-season injury setback meant I had to play Garry Beasant (YP5a) in midfield for about two months and if I hadn't he may well have been top scorer in the league. He managed about a goal a game as a striker and was instrumental in this years success. Finally managed to increase youth network aswell so bring on the BSB premier. I have also, to my surprise, had yet another junior coaching upgrade and am now at exceptional. I didn't even have to beg they said yes straight away.

No transfers.

In my enthusiasm for my title challenge I forgot about this years intake but here is the best. Paulin Ochieng (YP7a) and Frank McBride (YP7b)

Season 8 objectives:

My expectation - Avoid relegation

Board expectation - Avoid relegation

Media prediction - 24th

Just want to survive this year and it will be interesting to see how the players handle the step up. This years squad.

Well done on reaching the promise land :thup: now you have a decent squad behind you should be able to kick on and start getting up the leagues

Archived