Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About to start season 6 and i am down to 3 players over the age of 20 in my entire squad! Those are the only 3 non youth products (From the original FC Utd squad) and are Spence, Wolfenden and Stott.

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 13 (2024-25)

First season in the Premier League and the only goal of the year was survival! The season started off as expected and points were very hard to come by and at the halfway point of the season I had played 19 games and gained 18 points. This was just about right on target as I wanted the magical 40 points.

As the new year kicked in and we began our reverse fixtures it became clear that the battling bunch of young men I began the year with had grown into a solid, tough unit and results greatly improved. 31 points came from the 2nd half fixtures which meant safety was achieved with 5 games to go and we could breath. Especially my new youth players who began to get appearances to help kick start their careers.

When all is said and done, a 10th place finish was above my wildest dreams and we essentially finished 2nd in the Premier League B. Even if I had gained 31 pts in both halves of the season, I would only have jumped 1 place!

The Premier League A is going to be a tough party to gatecrash.

Final League Table

Quarter Finals of both cups was pleasing and I believe helped in developing both the players and the squad morale. Both QF appearances are the furthest in each competition to date for us.

Key moments of the season;

Rob Neal offered back to me - sold him for 975k several years ago

Sam Bryant offered back to me - damn your rules ri916 for not letting me bring back the legend ;)

John Bridge (YP 11a) gains a fantastic description!

New League Appearances Record

3 Called Up To England Squad

First Full England Cap for Weymouth Player

2nd Place In Premier League Manager of the Year Award

For a combined 9.5m the board agree to use the crazy Premier League TV revenue to expand both the training and youth facilities! They also agree to a rare youth recruitment upgrade (now listed as 'average').

I had 2 separate requests for a stadium expansion turned down, which made this news item at the end of the year even more surprising. This will put our capacity up to just short of 24k.

2025 Facilities - December 2025 is a huge month for us with completions due to training facility, youth facility and stadium expansion!

Youth Intake

Chris Hall (YP 13a) || Profile || Report || has bags of potential according to my coaching staff, but looks a little raw right now. I was able to give him some games at the end of the year and he played better than I thought he would. Will be giving him as much time as I can next season as long as it doesn't affect survival fight.

Transfers!

Targets for Season 14;

* Replicate season 13. Safety with an eye on mid table. Good cup runs to compliment the season.

And if I was under any illusions season 2 in the Premier League would be any easier, then the fixture list decided to make sure I start off near the bottom.

Tin foil hat time for my supporters, there is a conspiracy against Weymouth!!

First 5 league games are against decent teams..... All finished within the top 7 last year.

startfromhell.png

There will be a league cup game scheduled in there somewhere as well, presuming it will be a Prem team away.....:eek:

KINGSTONIAN SEASON ONE UPDATE - 2012/13

Manager - Martyn James (Runner-up Manager of the Season)

Season objective - Avoid relegation (achieved)

Achievements:

BSB South - 14th :D

FA Cup -1st round

FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

I started the season with some money making friendlies in the hope of getting some season one upgrades but my board refused all requests throughout the season. I got a couple of decents results early on but my squad was tiny and very quickly I found myself going into matches with just one or two substitutes and those players available were often tired. Despite a few dodgy runs of form, morale remained high and that was key to survival. 14th in the league probably flattered us a bit with a late run of results boosting my position. Here are my end of season fixtures. This is a difficult challenge and with no transfers I think promotion will be a five year plan.

As you will see no TRANSFERS were made and the only staff I added was a scout for next opposition assignment.

Finally my youth intake arrived and I had enough players for a football club. The best of these is Kelvin Gough (YP1) who has already made an impact in the first team due to a lack of strikers. He looks promising and his first goal was a 25 yard beauty. He is currently being tutored by Traynor who was last seasons top scorer so fingers crossed. EDIT - Gough has increased determination from 8 to 13 whilst being tutored.:D

Season 2

My expectations - Better last seasons 14th place and get some sort of facility upgrade.

Media prediction - 17th

Board expectation - Consolidate

Here is my first team squad for the new season. I am going to try and better 14th but I think that may be tough.

EDIT - August 1st board increase junior coaching.

Final.png

Line Ups

Match Report

Carshalton Kick Off

1 Min Nicholls gets in behind the defender who has his back to goal dispossess him and shoots GOAL!!!

6 Mins Djuma with the ball plays a one two with Burt hes at the byline trys to cross but a defender gets a last ditch tackle Corner

9 Mins (PSG) Richards with the shot tries to bend it into the top corner and just wide

13Mins PSG Goalkeeper saves a shot and palms it out harms way but Burt is there to pounce and shoots GOALLLLLL!!!!

Carshalton 2 - 0 PSG

21Mins Patel trys and out swinging Corner YP14 gets above his marker and its 6 points to Wigan someone has a nice souvenir in the car park

23Mins Free Kick Burt With the Free Kick and the Keeper Manages to get a hand t the ball Corner

28 Mins PSG with a Corner What a waste over everybody's heads

37 Mins Djuma strikes it from distance Keeper gets down low and tips it onto the post

43 Mins Patel is tripped in a Dangerous Position (Card) Burt lines up the Free Kick smashes it towards goal and it tips the top of the bar unlucky

45+2 Jeanjean (weird name i know) plays a pin point pass to Santos has found some space he shoots low GOALLLL!!!!

Carshalton 2 - 1 PSG

Squeaky Bum time now for Carshalton

Half Time

55 Mins Santos with the free Kick guides it towards Carmona who heads it its going in the top corner and OHHHHH!! what a save by McAllister the old man still has a spring in his step what a save

71Min Carmona Jinxed past Kelleher trys his luck from an angle McAllister is equal to the shot and deflects it clear

82 Min Patel running with the ball passes to passes to Burt who takes it round a Midfielder and lets off a Vicious Shot head towards top corner but wide ohhh that could of settled this game

86 Mins The Carshalton players looking like they are trying to kill the game off with quick passes around the team Patel plays Nicholls through down the right wing who then heads for the corner flag to hold it up but crosses it for Thorn but the Goalie got there first does a quick throw which his player werent ready for and goes out for a throw in Kershaw knocks it into the corner and "whistle goes for full time" Carshalton are Champions league winners

Match Stats

Highlights

[video=youtube_share;rAMza9u02AU]

190pxchesterfcsvg.png

Season 2012-2013

Summary

Media Prediction 8th

Final Position 14th

League Table

We got off to a flier winning 7 out of the first 10 league games! But after a while the lack of depth started to catch up and a few injuries, and a few bad results and the team starts to meltdown without a win in the next 10 games.

March came and I was hoping the youth intake would be a shot in the arm and we could turn things around and get back on track for the final run in of the season, but I was unable to stop the rot and ended up finishing a rather disappointing 14th.

During the season i managed to funnel some more finances towards junior coaching, but was unable to convince the board to upgrade the facilities.

Youth Intake

Stelios Giannitopoulos YP1

Already one of the best players at the club, and in such a much needed area made this him a very welcome addition. He ended up playing 7 games scoring once, and i have very high hopes for him next season.

Targets

- Playoff Finish

- Develop new youth players into first team regulars

Congrats toon, fantastic job!

La Furia Roja, I did back in my earlier seasons. I believe some eventually signed, but I sold some off in the January window to cash in and fund facility upgrades. Hurts short term, but long term you have better facilities and more positions for the youth to play in and progress.

St_albans.png

St Albans- Season 2-2013-2014

Targets for this season:

Improve on league position- YES

Improve finances- YES

Improve Facilities- YES- Improved junior coaching

Finances- We’re in the black after some preseason friendlies but we really need to improve it further.

Facilities- We managed to improve junior coaching again and it’s now at adequate.

League Table- A much Improved season for us going up 4 places to 12th from last year’s 16th place finish.

Squad – Paul Heaton gets top goal scorer due to playing less games, but my player of the season goes to Sean Shields for his 14 assists.

Luke Phillips YP02- Not the greatest prospect but I had to give it to someone :D

Transfers- I’m clean!

YP Watch

Ollie Clunan YP01- He has played every game this season and improved well.

Targets for next season

-Push for the playoffs

- Upgrade junior coaching + something else

Season       League           Position            Achievements                 Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        
 2012/13       BSS               16th               Staying up                    Sakho Bakare (12)           Paul Heaton    
 2013/14       BSS               12th               Improving                      Paul Heaton (15)           Sean Shields

Managed to stay up with North Ferriby. Final game of the season was on same points as 20th, so needed to beat there score to stay up. They lost 3-0 and we drew 1-1 so managed to avoid relegation. My Youth Candidates look rubbish. I managed to improve my Junior Coaching.

North Ferriby Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------
Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
2012-13     BSN    18th   44     QUALS

Well done Toonbalmy87, that is impressive. When I frist found this thread I thought it would be impossible to complete and it is because of yourself and others doing so well that I was inspired to start. Will you carry on your save or start a new challenge?

I am halfway through season two with Kingstonian and it is not getting any easier.

Toon- Well done mate! You've completed the challenge! congratulations. What do you think you'll do now?

Um try to win the remaining cups what i haven't won such as Community Shield and World Club Championship and after that i will be going to Brazil to take a team who just came up into the bottom division of the playable league in Brazil and see if i can the League and win the Copa Libatores might be harder because if you do get a Brzillian Superstar often or not a big team will come in for them :D

Well done Toonbalmy87, that is impressive. When I frist found this thread I thought it would be impossible to complete and it is because of yourself and others doing so well that I was inspired to start. Will you carry on your save or start a new challenge?

I am halfway through season two with Kingstonian and it is not getting any easier.

Yeah ill be carrying on until i have won everything and become the biggest club in the world :lol:

Ok so i've picked Wealdstone who look like a massive challenge. They have a tiny squad and are predicted to finish 21st. Lets see what happens!!

Manager

Squad

Edit: you know your bad when you only draw against your reserves who also had a bigger squad then you! Didn't even have any strikers as they were all on leave.

No improvement on last season. Nothing decent in the Youth Candidates again!

Did get to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup and lost to League Two Morecambe.

Managed to get Junior Coaching to Basic

North Ferriby Youth Academy

Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
2012-13     BSN    18th   44     QUALS
2013-14     BSN    19th   42      2nd

First time in a while that I have checked in here and first things first:

ToonBalmy Congratulations! Didn't think it could be done, truly well done!

Braumiller - making some great progress with Weymouth there, won't be long before you'll be up with Toon.

Ri - what's happened to your game? Was it you who kept having crashes?

And on my side I haven't been playing for a while with exams and other things going on but I'm going to blow off the dust from my Carshalton save in a couple weeks when everything has died down and try and match Toon's achievement!

Till then kiu the good stuff everyone involved.

Hey has anybody got any tips on how to break out of a slump? I am in december now and we have won 0 drawn 2 and lost 5 of our last 7. I have tried team meetings but they dont seem to work. Shall I just grit my teeth through to 13th March or do any of you have a better way? Cheers.

TWFL- God to see your still around mate! As for me I got sacked by FC United 5 seasons in before hopping around a few clubs. I took a break and am now back in my third season with St Albans.

MadDog- The only way I have ever broken out of one is to change tactic. Just make a back up and use it to get a result. Switch back once you've got a win under your belt :)

At the end of this season, do you want me to upload my save or do a quick update as I've gone nearly 4 seasons without an update and this could be a big season for the club!

just do a quick update if thats possible :)

Archived