Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't think this was running again - just posted on the old link to start it myself until Forest pointed out its running here so got a bit of catching up to do (I'm a red too by the way!).

Had started as Lewes but as someone else has started as them ill load up again and pick another team. Had a crack at this a couple of seasons ago with Ilkeston and was enjoying it but my game crashed - enjoyed it while it lasted though so ready for another crack!

La Furia Roja- Good first season there mate. It seems you suffered dips in form like I am (currently going 10 games without a win).

yer was a good start, next one has not started as well so theoretically it should finish better? HA, yer right..

FC United of Manchester

Season 3 (2014/15)

Blue Square North

Time to kick on, i felt. We started well and were there or there abouts throught the first half of the season, flirting around the playoffs. Avoided the dreaded Dec/Jan slump (our league position fell off as we had 3 matches posponed, meaning others took us over but we kept games in hand). As we started to head towards the business end of the season we found our form and with 4 games to go actually had a chance of taking the league title and automatic promotion. A beating by Northwich put paid to that, but we ended strong to go into the playoffs as top seed.

Playoffs were always going to be nervy. Semi had us against Southport, away from home first. We went out to play our normal game and got completely played off the park. By half time it was 13 shots to 1. Somehow, Matty Wolfenden managed to get us ahead with a rare break away but we were soon pegged back to one all. We held on for the draw but had been very lucky. Second leg at home, and knowing that curiously away goals dont count in the playoffs, we needed to improve and sharpish. We did, but in a topsy turvy game the 90mins ended in 2 v 2. This time around we were well worthy of the draw. Into extra time we went, the nerves being shredded. 29mins came and went without much incident, then in the last minute of extra time a cross from deep from our right back williams, Andy Flanagan attacked it from deep, the Southport defence and goalie froze and it feel for Flanagan to stoop and head in a winner. The final whistle went right after to put us into the play off final!

Final we faced FC Halifax. It was a nervy afair and with 20mins to go it was goaless and looking like we might hit extra time again. However then YP1 Michael Rigby ran onto a through ball from YP1 James O'Brien and cooly slotted home. We then withstood some inevitable pressure from Halifax, and with 2 mins remaining we hit on the counter and Andy Flanagin slotted home to send our fans wild and ensure we would be playing in the BSP next season!

A good season, and one outstanding performer

League positions graph

Transfers - Proving i am clean!

Top performers

Michael Rigby (YP2) - Unbelievable! Breaking all kinds of scoring records and we definately rode him all the way to the BSP! Hoping for more of the same

James O'brien (YP1) - Became an assist machien this season, linking very well with Rigby and popping up with a few goals. Also an expert set piece taker which helps

Other honourable mentions to Matty Wolfenden, a 28yr who flirted around the team for the first 2 seasons but managed to play a lot more this season, and a couple of other youths - Ray Mitten a DLC who played well at centre back, but will be moved to DL for next season, and Jay Bishop, a DMC who had a solid season.

Youth Intake

A number of good players, with good potential, nothing outstanding, but a DMC who looks like he could be good enough to start and develop into a usefull piece.

Chris Spinks (YP3)

Rated as potential to be a good league 2 player (same as O'Brien). He will go right into the team as a starting striker next season.

Youth Progress

***covered in above screenshots already as YP1 and YP2 were players of the year!***

I also won manager of the year!

Aims from last season

1) Push for playoffs - Yes!

2) learn how to defend, especially set pieces! - Kinda, although still an issue

3) Develop YP1 - Success

Aims for NEXT season

1) Survive!!

In other news, my new stadium which had already been put back a year and was still "planning", has just been blocked because the local council refused planning permission :mad:

Still to write my update for my first season in BSP, shall try and do so this evening.

FC United of Manchester

Season 4 (2015/16)

Blue Square Premier

As mentioned in a mini update previously, life in the BSP started in amazing fashion, smashing 8 past York. It didnt continue in that vain........we were terrible most of the season, plumeeting, couldnt win or buy a clean sheet, as we entered the final stretch we were in the relegation zone but in with a chance of staying up. A desperation change of tactics brought about some success and sneaked a couple of wins and the odd draw, in the end it came down to the last game. Wierdly on the last day fixtures were split, and my game against already relegated forest green was the only game on the Sunday. That meant going into the home game we already knew a win of any kind would keep us up on goal difference. We duly sneaked a one nil to survive, somehow!

Terrible season, but survival was all we had targeted. A major clear out and re-organising of squads betwen 1st/res/u19 requried at seasons end.

League positions graph

Transfers - Proving i am clean!

Top performers

Aye, right............

Youth Intake

mixed bag this time round, but a promising wide player/striker, a couple of decent midfielders. Best player was this left wingback

YP4

Youth Progress

YP1

YP2

YP3

Aims from last season

1) Survival - YES

Aims for next season

1) Top half

2) Better defensive record

3) Try and upgrade youth recruitment network

2033-34 Carshalton Atheltic : Pushing for CL Qualification

League Table

Gained a position in the table but just missed out on that 4th spot will be aiming for that next season my rest my 1st team for the cup games just so i push on in the league

Squad

Transfers

Finances

League Cup - This trophy has permanent home at my Stadium

[video=youtube_share;DSmICQ5Ky6w]

FA Cup - Arsenal 5th Round

Europa League - Stuttgart 2nd Round

Youth Intake

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

Youth Intake

Noone good enough this season and my chairman wont let me upgrade my youth recruitment argghhh

Next years objective : Get into the Champions League!!!!!

2013-2014 – Lewes FC

Season Aim: Consolidation and survival – Achieved

A really tough season. Things just didn't seem to click for the most of the season. We really struggled for goals this is a prime example.

Not sure where they are going to come from next season, I do have one young kid who might be the option, he doesn't look ready to me but I might not have alot of choice.

YP01

YP02

Final Table

Proof I am Clean

Aim For Next Season: Not be in a relegation scrap!!

Toon- Your doing brilliantly mate! do you think it is still possible to improve your team, or is it at it's peak?

erm i have a couple youth players coming through but i keep getting beat by the teams that spend 100 mil :lol::mad: also couple of my main guys are starting to retire so i am trying to get my youth players some games so that they will be ready when they are called upon

2035-36 Carshalton Atheltic : Champions League Calling The Robins

League Table

Yesss Finally manager to get into the champions league and break into the top four

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Malama - my best player he is awesome plenty of teams sniffing around him

League - Semi Final Southampton (Penalty's)

FA Cup - Man City 4th Round

Europa League - Benfica 2nd Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

U18s - Walked it again

Player Stats

Next years objective : Get into the knockout stages of the Champions league and Qualify for it again

Seriously struggling to get anywhere in the BSP :( Cant seem to get a decent tactical set up.

Also have 2 other annoying things -

1) I cant seem to upgrade my youth recruitment network ever. I have my junior coaching at "excellent" but never get the option to even ask to upgrade youth recruiment! Anyone else have this?

2) One of my players (3rd choice ST) comes to me demanding a new contract, i say i will give him a new contract, but when i go to offer he isnt interested in discussing terms. He then requests a transfer, reason being that i have failed to offer a satisfactory contract! WTF????? Poor programming that one i think.

Seriously struggling to get anywhere in the BSP :( Cant seem to get a decent tactical set up.

Also have 2 other annoying things -

1) I cant seem to upgrade my youth recruitment network ever. I have my junior coaching at "excellent" but never get the option to even ask to upgrade youth recruiment! Anyone else have this?

2) One of my players (3rd choice ST) comes to me demanding a new contract, i say i will give him a new contract, but when i go to offer he isnt interested in discussing terms. He then requests a transfer, reason being that i have failed to offer a satisfactory contract! WTF????? Poor programming that one i think.

Your club needs to get a boost in reputation before you can improve this. Try it when you get into the football league and you may be able to upgrade it then :)

If you can get that up you will be really competing. How do you get so many foriegn youths btw?

god knows they just come in with dual nationality

like this year i got spanish guy but he was born in london but he was awful half a star :lol:

Tooting & Mitcham United - 13th March 2013

Sorry i didnt post my starting profile but im at the first youth intake so i hope its okay with you guys if i carry on...

Current Profile

League Table

Current Squad

Transfers Proof

Finances

Youth Intake

Key Youth Player

Not a bad start to my first season, had good spells and bad spells but just not getting relegated is a big achievement in my eyes. Very impressed with Jake Downing who i think will be a star for years to come. Finances have taken a huge dip but i will look to sort that out in pre-season with friendlies etc. A late run for the playoffs looks out of the question vbut you never know! ;)

Ill have an end of the season update on the way soon. :)

Tooting & Mitcham United - End Of Season Report 2012/2013

A very good season in my opinion, thought i was defiantly going to struggle at the start of the season by the team proved me wrong and i guess i underestimated them. A fairly good youth intake has put us in a good position next season which was evident as results picked up towards the end of the season. Finances are a bit of a worry but id rather not dwell on the negatives ;)

League Table

Squad

Finances

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Targets for next season:

- Top half finish, maybe playoffs

- Halt the financial landslide

- Give YP adequate game time

- Get some more gems! :cool:

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 12 (2023-24)

YES!!!!!!

Straight to the point, we didn't win it, but we were promoted to the Premier League! So, so happy, although we tried to throw it away at the end!!!

West Brom ran away with the league and with 5 games to go I was 8 points clear of Wolves for the 2nd automatic spot. A bad run of form left me just 3 points clear with 2 games to go, but with Wolves losing both their last games and me beating Notts Co at their place on the last day of the season knocking them out of play-off contention, it was champagne popping time! :)

Outside of the league we had a mini League Cup run until West Brom knocked us out in the 4th round.

We were drawn at home to Liverpool in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and we held our own nicely until conceding 2 in the last 10 mins to go down 1-3.

The youth intake was an interesting one.

Two quality looking DCs to nurture and an FC.

The wonderfully named Shayne Badman is one of the DCs and he is my first ever intake kid who the coaches immediately pegged as a leading Premier League prospect (Bryant and Holland both grew into that, but initially were both 'good Premier League' potential).

Shayne Badman Profile

Shayne Badman Report

And yes, one of the weaknesses of the Badman is his competitive streak getting him into trouble....

Shayne will get some 1st team bench time in the coming year, the other two are longer term prospects who may see some loan action as well as u18s.

Ray Holland failed to save Wolves from Premier League relegation the previous year, so League Cup winners Huddersfield activated his 8m relegation clause (and therefore nullifying my 50% profit clause) and snapped him up. Nice to see this news come through and have Ray doing well.

My 4m youth facility upgrade got canceled at the end of the season due to my funds running dry, need to get this kick started again soon.

Transfers

Goals for season 13 (2024-25)

* Survival, plain and simple - scrap for every point available

It would also be nice to get some upgrades started again with the Premier League TV money, but due to the staggered payments that might have to wait until next summer.

This looks like a lot of fun, i'm gonna put my skills to the test and sign up. Ill post my screens when i get home from university later.

-Paul

Good luck Paul :thup:

Braumuller Congratulations on making it to the promise land for the biggest test staying in the division good luck

Thanks toon, this is going to be a tough season for sure. I got to play a little of it last night and wow, every point is a battle!

Going in I figured that I would have to have the decisions and luck go my way to get points in each game and the first two games both proved that and how precious points iwill be.

Opened up the season away at Everton (finished 6th-9th last 5 seasons) and I went up 2-0 early on due to an OG and a goal against the run of play. Everton were dominant and scored just before HT. Second half was more of the same and they eventually scored an 82nd min winner!

Second game, first home game, was against a rampant Chelsea. Ten straight top 6 finishes, won Champions League 3 years ago and were on an 8 game Premier League winning streak dating back to last year. 23rd min we win a penalty and they have their offender red carded! 1-0 and a man advantage. They were still relentless though, with 58% of possession and outshooting me 18-10. Eventually in the 76th minute they themselves win a penalty, convert it and win 2-1.

I got the breaks in both games and fell just short against two quality teams. If I am to survive I need to win these kind of games against the bottom half teams, so in a way this was encouraging, but I cannot rely on OGs, penalties and red cards to scrape points.

yeah its tough the first season really you rely on beaten the teams around the bottom and sometimes scraping couple points of the top 14 :lol:.

Unlucky on the first two games though i hate that happens you think your in look then your team gives penalty away :mad:

yeah its tough the first season really you rely on beaten the teams around the bottom and sometimes scraping couple points of the top 14 :lol:

Without a doubt there is a mini league of 6-7 teams at the bottom of the Prem and being in the top half of this mini league is going to be key to survival.

Fortunately Wolves have had a dire start, so I am hoping that that continues and they fill one of the three relegation places by default.

The Premier League money is nuts to a small club!

Just started into November and already up 9.4m in profit for the year. I had just hit 0 in the bank balance during the close season, so my current balance also stands at 9.4m. Took advantage of this and the board have agreed training upgrades (5.5m) and youth upgrades (4m) which will not begin (and the money taken out of my account) until next June. I also got a very rare success on youth recruitment and this is now 'average'.

Looking at the screenshot below it is not hard to see where my profits are coming from......

salaryperannum.png

Chester hire Johnson as Manager

Local coach Paul Johnson will take the helm at newely promoted Chester FC.

Johnson was quoted as saying "I'm looking forward to returning to the city I was born in, and my goal is to take Chester back to the football league as soon as possible.

Everyone in the city was gutted when Chester City FC was wound up due to the severe financial situation, and the supports trust who own the new club have expressed their desire to develop their own players and not be led down the same path as before."

Last seasons fan's player of the year George Darby backed the appointment and said "The club is definitely moving in the right direction and with Johnson in charge, i'm sure there will be many more trophies to come."

The initial squad is pretty threadbare as you would expect, i have adopted a 4-4-2 Diamond purely because its the only system I can fit 11 players into.

The media have predicited an 8th place finish, although I am aiming for a promotion place.

2036-37 Carshalton Atheltic : Do the Double!!!

League Table

:eek: Wahooo Won the League somehow!!!! on the very last day of the season i was Playing Man Utd and if i beat them i win the league i went onto hammer them 3-0. I really cant believe it i was expecting to win but not for another 4-8 years but to win it now is really awesome now i just need to defend it to prove that it wasn't a fluke and also win the Champions League

Player Stats

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Thorn

League Cup - Its back where it belongs

FA Cup - Swindon 5th Round

Champions League Semi Final - Arsenal Away Goals

Youth Intake

YP02

YP08

YP11

YP13

YP14

YP15

YP16

YP17

YP18

YP19

YP19R

2036-37 Youth Intake

U18s - Walked it again

Player Stats

U18 History - to show how many times my youth has won it in a row

Next years objective : Defend Title & Win Champions League

190pxchesterfcsvg.png

Career Thread

Chester hire Johnson as Manager

Local coach Paul Johnson will take the helm at newely promoted Chester FC.

Johnson was quoted as saying "I'm looking forward to returning to the city I was born in, and my goal is to take Chester back to the football league as soon as possible.

Everyone in the city was gutted when Chester City FC was wound up due to the severe financial situation, and the supports trust who own the new club have expressed their desire to develop their own players and not be led down the same path as before."

Last seasons fan's player of the year George Darby backed the appointment and said "The club is definitely moving in the right direction and with Johnson in charge, i'm sure there will be many more trophies to come."

The initial squad is pretty threadbare as you would expect, i have adopted a 4-4-2 Diamond purely because its the only system I can fit 11 players into.

The media have predicited an 8th place finish, although I am aiming for a promotion place.

Dont go for it straight away of you will find it a lot harder in the BSP

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Year

[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]FA

Cup

[/TD]

[TD]Fa Trophy[/TD]

[TD]League cup[/TD]

[TD]Johnstones