Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

Hi all,

I actually started this challenge (my first!) a few days ago and had planned to just play it myself, but then after an epic season with Chester where we narrowly missed out on the playoffs by 1 point(!) my computer decided to corrupt my game and so I had to start all over again. Just had the first game of the season and demolished harrogate 7-0! fingers crossed for the season. playing as Chester again by the way.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carshalton Atheltic : Survived to Fight Another Season

League

still nt scoring many goals looks like the lad wanted to win the cup and forgot about the league until the final couple of games i am glad they can end seasons strong because if they didnt id be relegated by now

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players - Didnt have a great year in the League

League Cup Sooo close arghh!!

FA Cup - West Brom 3rd Round

Youth Intake - Ones in green are the Youth Intake Players

1 2

PJ PJ1 PJ2 - Phil Jagielka Wannabe

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04 Awful player Released

YP05

YP06 another one didnt make the grade

YP07

YP08

YP09

YP10

YP11

YP12

YP13

YP13R

YP13I

U18

Next years objective : Survival Again!!!

Season 1 - Hitchin Town - 15th Blue Square South

Well, very happy with my first season,

Still conceded far too may but scored a few

League Table

Transfers

James Keith my best Youth Candidate according to my AM

Hitchin Town Youth Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------
Season    League   POS   PTS    FA Cup   League Cup   Other
2012-13    BSS    15th     47    QUALS 

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2019-20

Season 8 - League One

Year 8 goals (2019/20) were;

* L1 consolidation - Without a doubt, and then some!

* Resign Geoff Pritchett - Nope, good compensation though

* Tighten up defensively, while keeping attacking potency - Reasonably so, still conceding a lot, but not as many

League Table!!!

After another slow start, the league really kicked into high gear, thanks to the unbelivable play of 16 yr old Ray Holland.

We finally hit top spot with one game to go, and needing only a draw to win the league on goal difference we end up winning the game and grabbing our first ever piece of silverware.

It was nearly the 2nd piece, because we finally had our first ever proper cup run and Wembley appearance due to our runners-up finish in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final, won by Chesterfield who were on an unbelievable run of form. They had won 5 straight going into the game, won the Final and then another 5 straight after, for 11 wins out of 11 in total. That is when we played them at home in the penultimate game of the season, snapping their streak, assuring promotion and putting ourselves in the box seat for the title.

During December it became clear that a] we were not going to be able to keep hold of Geoff Pritchett (YP 2a) and b] Ray Holland was more than equal to the task of taking over (along with 2 other pacier young FCs who know where the net is).

So, I offered out GP for 4m (he was valued 725k) and Championship Derby came in offering 2m in cash, 30% future profit clause and a friendly. No-one else was interested, so I accepted and he was off on Jan 1st. I later sold the clause back to Derby for 392k, for a total transfer fee of 2.392m.

Geoff Pritchett

Report - Selfish and inconsistent, but a player nonetheless. Happy to cash in tbh.

Transfer Offer

What made it very easy to pull the trigger on the sale though was this.........

Take A Bow Ray Holland

His performances and goalscoring record were just immense.

44 league goals in 41 appearance, with another 11 cup goals will go down as one of my personal FM highlights. For the leagues level, his acceleration and finishing were just too much for most defenses. My midfield played through balls galore and they profited with many assists too. I am currently trying to teach him "Likes To Beat Offside Trap" (failed once, trying again) to make him even more dangerous.

3 of my coaches have upgraded their views on him from potential good Premiership FC to leading Premiership FC.

During the course of the season all of the big clubs have popped up as interested on his transfer info screen, but so far my outrageous price tag has scared them off. Only a matter of time.

Youth Intake

Season 8 youth intake was a nice change. No FCs for the first time ever! Several decent prospects in both defense and midfield, but certainly no immediate impact players. What might be a good sign is for the first time in 8 Youth Team vs Youth Candidates games the candidates won. Only downside is that John Brunt (YP 8c) tore his ACL in the game and is out for 10-11 months.

My 2nd youth facilities upgrade began soon after the title win and will cost 1.2m and be done by late November.

Add to that a 568k seat conversion project that the board began on their own, which will be done by Dec 31st.

Not overly happy about the seat conversion project. Our ground is only 6,600, of which 2,000 were seats and we are already at max ground expansion size. This new project turns us all seater at 6,600, but we have already outgrown this. I would have much preferred a new stadium, but they ignored me.

This is going to hinder me severely for quite a few seasons.

In the middle of all of this, we went through a board takeover and I got to meet my new boss. Alrighty then!

So, this years transfers

Next seasons goals;

* Survive our first season of Championship football

* Continue scoring, concede less

After one of my most treasured FM seasons ever, I have a feeling this one will feel a little differently!

I will update squad career stats tonight.

A small improvement on last season

Happy with that - League

Best prospect from the this year Youth Candidates was this guy

Lets hope he can score plenty of goals next season!

2012-13     BSS    15th   47     QUALS
2013-14	    BSS    11th   57     QUALS

If they offered £12.5m, I'd snap their hand off. However, I'd try and get loads of clauses in there. Like appearance and goals clauses and a profit clause and international clauses/clauses. So if you added it all up, he'd go for about £15m.

Agreed, although truth be told I would imagine one or both of the following will be the case;

* Their offer will be non-negotiable (although obviously I could reject)

* I probably won't get that chance as if I was the chairman I would accept before it ever got to the lowly manager :D

Chelsea sniffing around now too, but they did this at the end of last season. Hoping to get another 1.5-2 seasons out of him before we reach that point.

Really stuggling beginning of this season (third), lost first 3 games, then drew the next 2. The two draws, both been leading with a few minutes to go and conceded late goals. Might have to go 6-4-0 in the last few minutes!

Got more kids playing now, lost couple of my best (older already at the club) players who refused to sign new contracts.

Still loving the challenge

I got thinking last night and really, the best way to approach this would be to stay in the BSN/BSS for a number of seasons whilst getting a good cup run every year. Then, as the improvements start and the youth players come through, start progressing up the league system rapidly.

For myself, my aim is to and I've achieved that so far, tie down all players at the club to long enough contracts. As time goes on, they'll be replaced by cheaper and hopefully better youth team players. The back up players will then play all my money spinning pre-season friendlies that keep the club coffers good enough. Currently I have 33 players. One great League 2 rated prospect that was already at the club. I'm spending near on £8,500 a week on wages. When my youth candidates come through, regardless of their ability, they'll be signed up for three seasons on pro deals so the ones who aren't good enough will play in the money spinning pre-season games.

I got thinking last night and really, the best way to approach this would be to stay in the BSN/BSS for a number of seasons whilst getting a good cup run every year. Then, as the improvements start and the youth players come through, start progressing up the league system rapidly.

For myself, my aim is to and I've achieved that so far, tie down all players at the club to long enough contracts. As time goes on, they'll be replaced by cheaper and hopefully better youth team players. The back up players will then play all my money spinning pre-season friendlies that keep the club coffers good enough. Currently I have 33 players. One great League 2 rated prospect that was already at the club. I'm spending near on £8,500 a week on wages. When my youth candidates come through, regardless of their ability, they'll be signed up for three seasons on pro deals so the ones who aren't good enough will play in the money spinning pre-season games.

This is very similar to how my career started out (4 years in the BSS), but I differed in playing staff approach. I threw in my new youths immediately after I got them, they either sunk or swam and they began progressing well due to first team starts.

I let go of my original guys as soon as I could (when a new cheap youth came in) meaning wages were under 2k for a while. On my phone right now, but will try and screenshot later. As long as I survived relegation and my youths began developing, I tried to save money to get the upgrades going ASAP.

Once the first batch or two of youths were up and running, things took off (albeit with a lot of luck on my side with the odd top quality youth).

Carshalton Atheltic : Robins Starting to Soar

League

Decent year in all competitions i think i still need another 5 or 6 years in the prem to start challenging the top 6

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Crabb

Forde

Welsh

Ward

League Cup - Semi Final Derby i really hate this team :mad:

FA Cup - 4th round Tottenham

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04 Awful player Released

YP05

YP06 another one didnt make the grade

YP07

YP08

YP09

YP10

YP11

YP12

YP13

YP14

YP14R

YP14I

Youth Intake

1 1I 1R - God i hope he aint another Heskey

2 2R

Next years objective : Survival Again!!!

Padders, if you've read through the thread, which I'm sure you have. You'll realise the third season is probably one of the hardest as it's when you have to probably make more of a big jump by giving more youngsters a chance. If you've survived that, hopefully you'll start to get the youngsters improving to make more progress.

Padders, if you've read through the thread, which I'm sure you have. You'll realise the third season is probably one of the hardest as it's when you have to probably make more of a big jump by giving more youngsters a chance. If you've survived that, hopefully you'll start to get the youngsters improving to make more progress.

Yeah I have read it but but obviously not in enough detail

I hadn't noticed that

Thanks for the information.

Decided to give this ago after reading about it for the last 3 or 4 years.........given that im usually the type of manager who scours the globe, scouts everywhere i can, looks at teams all over the world for signings, this is very different style of play!

After holidaying i looked at the clubs available and originally was swaying towards Cambridge city, on the basis that my favourite ever FM game was taking Cambridge Utd to champions league glory in FM07. However looking at the squad they barely had 20 players, and although they are due to move to a new stadium i wasnt sure this was a good thing as it means unlikely to move again (to a bigger stadium!) for a long time.

I was surprised to find that on the list on the front page, no one has taken FC United very far, thought they would be the most popular choice! And so it is, i have gone with FC United.

Have just about enough players to make up a squad for the first season, with a reasonable spread of positions and one or two good attacking players. Asked the board on day one to increase spending on junior coaching and they oblidged.

Just running through pre-season now, and after 4 defeats in money spinners, first "real" friendly i managed a 3 all draw against AFC Wimbledon, so we can score goals at least!

As mentioned above, very disappointed with my third season, however as NF says, it may not have been a bad thing with the third season being quite tough historically. I'm very worried that I it doesn't appear that many of this years Youth Candidates were any good. Fingers crossed they turn out okay.

Target for next season is top half finish. We will see!!

2012-13     BSS    15th   47     QUALS
2013-14	    BSS    11th   57     QUALS
2014-15	    BSS    18th   40     QUALS

I'm the boss :cool:. Although I was worried for a minute. Michael Powell, one of my centre backs has been performing great all season, as a defender and a goal threat from corners. He picked up 5 yellows and got a one game ban. I played after his ban and he picked up a yellow. I thought nothing of it until he picked up another yellow and went off, levelling the sides again. In the end we lost. I fined him as he cost us basically. He was unhappy, "We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right" :cool:. He backed down and I win :D.

I've got to try and be the best team I can be, it might be easy but has anyone completed this challenge yet, if it gets too easy Ill start again with a different team.

no one has completed the challenge yet, the best is someone getting into the EPL. Chester may be easy at the start, but they become as hard as anyone else once you get into about league 1.

Archived