Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

I don't normally do teasers or mini updates during the season, but I just hit my youth intake this season and I do not know whether to laugh or cry....

First things first to set the scene for the laughing or the crying.

10 games left to go in the season. Sitting in 18th spot in my first L1 season (places 21st-24th go down), but we are only two points above the relegation zone.

I am the highest scoring team in the league (75 goals in 36 games, next highest scorers are league leading Bournemouth with 64), but in contrast I also have the worst defense in the league (conceded 80 in 36 games). So, it doesn't take Einstein to figure out where in my lineup my youth develpment guys should be looking to identify talent for.....

I walk into my office this morning and see the list of kids who are coming in for youth trials and I order them by potential. Top two are bloody FCs (I have 4 first team FCs currently, fighting for 2 spots). There are 4 others who might have a chance of making their way into the first team eventually, another FC, and AML, AMR and finally a DC!

So, while crying over my incoming crop of kindergarteners I take a look at the "one they feel has the potential to be the most gifted player to come through ..... blah, blah, blah" and sweet jebus if he isn't pure gold.

Rau Holland is dubbed the next Michael Owen, is already capable of playing at L1 or L2 or leading BSP (depending on which coach you ask), but all agree he will become a good Premiership FC!!!

Now to find a good 3-2-5 or 2-3-5 formation to fit all these goalhangers....

Here he is.

Going to be training up his composure and first touch intensely to begin with and get him straight into first team action from the bench.

I would have given my left nut for something like this in the back four or even MC to help solidify things.

I see absolutely zero 0-0 draws in the next 5 years here at Weymouth.....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have given my left nut for something like this in the back four or even MC to help solidify things.

Why the left one? is it particularly special? ;). On a serious note, congrats on a great player!

Looks great!!!

This will give me a much needed break from my dafuge's FM12 challenge

Going to go with my beloved FC United who have given me so my joy in the past... despite living down the road from Weymouth

Before I get to into this can someone please tell what the hell junior coaching is as everyone says something different ?????

Why the left one? is it particularly special? ;). On a serious note, congrats on a great player!

The right one is reserved for a franchise GK (good lord the Americanization of me appears almost complete) or a sugar daddy chairman ;)

After reading the thread yesterday, I decided to give this ago last night. After holidaying which took almost the entire evening, I decided to go for St. Albans. Managed to set up a few friendlies, get some decent staff and got the board to increase my junior coaching and the range already. Will start properly tonight and post some screen shots.

starting this up again Season 2 in EPL hopefully have an update tomorrow nite but don't know yet as i have just got another job that will take be working 7days a week :mad::eek: :confused:

welcome to my world

2 days morning shift, 2 days late shift and 3 days night shift and then 2 days weekend

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2018-19

Season 7 - League One

Goals

* L1 survival - Achieved

* Re-sign Sam Bryant - Failed, but decently compensated

So, the year started out with club icon and captain Sam Bryant being sold to Premiership QPR (post detailing it here).

As we began our first attack on League 1 it became evident that while we were still adequately equipped there was a definite hangover from the sale.

Eventually we finished 16th in the league, but this was a season of two halves.

First 23 games of the season so us pick up 21 pts (5 wins, 6 draws, 12 losses) while the second 23 games saw us pick up 38 pts (12 wins, 2 draws, 9 losses). If we are able to perform next season as we did in the 2nd half of last season then top half / play offs are within the realm of possibility.

Around Christmas we hit bottom position in the league, but only for one week. It also kickstarted the season and we reeled off 5 straight wins. The league was extremely tight though and all the way up until 3 games to go we were never more than 3-5 points above the relegation zone.

What was remarkable about our year was leading the charts in goal scoring and conceding. Never a dull game down at Weymouth ;)

Cups

League Cup - Out at first attempt

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Out at first attempt

FA Cup - Finally some cup action! Comfortable 4-0 wins in rounds 1 and 2 against lower or equal level opposition, and then high flying Championship Barnsley in round 3 at home. A 2-2 draw, but notably we had a 92nd min winner disallowed. The replay was expected to be a bloodbath, but another 2-2 draw followed (we had now entered into the 2nd half of the season and the start of our good form) and a 5-3 penalty shootout win meant a 4th round appearance for the first time. Where Reading beat us 0-2, but it should have been more. Oh well!

Even with our bank balance hovering around 2m my board continuously denied any improvements for all requests, until finally just before Christmas they agreed to both training and youth facility upgrades (a first for both). They were in planning for the remainder of the season and have just now begun. They will both finish at the end of November this year and have cost us a combined 700k.

One more year of Sam Bryant transfer installments to come, but after this it is going to get ugly from a money point of view. We broke even this year and that is with 2.6m in transfer money coming in (1.3m to come in next year).

My youth set up total costs for the year were 1.87m!!! Until I gain another promotion or a sugar daddy arrives, we might have to be a selling club.

Sign of our struggle - Total wages for L1 clubs. We are 24th of 24 and half of the 23rd.

I also sold the 20% future profit clause on my Sam Bryant transfer back to QPR for a 502k lump sum, so his total sale price was now 4.402m

Speaking of, my next two big contract renewals are 24 months out.

My AMR (Rob Neal) is asking for crazy money, but at least negotiated (and then walked away), but my new captain and main FC Geoff Pritchett is not talking..... Let's hope he either begins talking or another good year prompts some interest and he becomes my 2nd big sale.

Transfer Proof

Youth Intake

A nice youth intake this year (I am paying enough for them!!!!). 6 tagged with YP who I hope will eventually break into the first team squad. The one exception being 'the next Michael Owen', Ray Holland. My coaches rate him currently between a good L1 FC and a leading BSP FC, but all have him down as a good Premiership FC of the future. I have high hopes for Ray and if he stays healthy (he was injured for the last 7 weeks of the season after playing 4 games) I hope to get him lots of games and goals this next season to help progress.

Year 8 goals (2019/20)

* L1 consolidation

* Resign Geoff Pritchett

* Tighten up defensively, while keeping attacking potency

Stats Update Through May 2019

Year   Season   League   Target Description  Target Positions   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS     Avoid Relegation       14th-19th           13th        17      5       20     70       78     -8    56
 2    2013/14    BSS       Consolidate           9th-14th           15th        13     13       16     51       49     +2    52
 3    2014/15    BSS       Challenge             2nd-8th             4th        21     10       11     82       55    +27    73
 4    2015/16    BSS       Promotion             1st-5th             2nd        25      8        9     95       65    +30    83
 5    2016/17    BSP     Avoid Relegation       15th-20th            2nd        25      7       14     99       65    +34    82
 6    2017/18     L2     Avoid Relegation       15th-20th            2nd        30      6       10    108       62    +46    96
 7    2018/19     L1     Avoid Relegation       15th-20th           16th        17      8       21     95       93     +2    59

Current YP Tagged First Team Squad Members - Career League Stats Ranked by Average Rating

Player Name       YP Tag   Position  Appearances   Goals   Assists  MOMs   Avg Rating
Daniel Edworthy     5a       AML FC       85         70       18     15      7.48
Dominic Michie      2c       AMRL        189         41       44     23      7.25
Mark Keddie         2d       DC          194         46        6     19      7.16
Geoff Pritchett     2b       FC          209        106       50     22      7.10
Jake Jordan         1a       AMLC        159         42       46     17      7.09
Nathan Clark        4a       DM MRC      143          7       35      4      7.01
Rob Neal            1b       AMR         223         48       54     12      7.00
Charles Robinson    2a       AMC FC      181         59       27      9      6.98
Geoff Mason         6c       DC           38          0        1      0      6.95
Darryl Stroud       6a       MC AMC       41          5        7      0      6.92
Matt Mogg           5b       DL ML        62          0       10      1      6.91
Nathan Rae          3b       DRC         150          0       14      2      6.88
Ray Holland         7a       FC            4          1        1      0      6.85
Paul Brown          1c       DR          144          1        9      5      6.84
Martin Richards     1d       AMC         107         16       10      3      6.83
Elliot Hobbs        4b       DMC MC       77          0        6      0      6.74
Adam Doyle          4d       DMC MC       54          3        2      0      6.72
Jon Gibson          3c       AMR FC       40          8        0      1      6.71
Stephen Hendy       5e       DC           39          0        0      0      6.71
James Shadrack      6b       DL WBL       12          0        2      0      6.64
Marcus Grigg        5c       FC            2          0        0      0      6.55
Matt Bryant         5d       MR            3          0        0      0      6.30

Drew. Chester City. Blue Square Premier. 2014/2015

Table - good season in fairness, never got involved in a relegation battle, and not good enough to challenge for the play-offs, just about right tbh.

Squad

Adie Beech YP1 decent season from the youngster, more of the same next season.

Joshua Wharton YP2 had an okay season, got a few goals, and was used on the wing most of the time.

Finances

Proof I'm not cheating

Youth Intake

Neil Marshall-Jones YP3

Pat Haddow YP4

Year   Season   League   Final Pos.   Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Ag   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSN        5th       18      15       9      54   39  +15   69
 2    2013/14    BSN        1st       27      11       4      74   33  +41   92
 3    2014/15    BSP       15th       13      19      14      38   48  -10   58

Drew. Chester City. Blue Square Premier. 2015/2016

Table - Awful, just awful; released a lot of the older players on high wages thinking I could have saved a bit of money, but instead it came to bite me on the back-side, we lost on the last day but so did Forest Green, so we stayed up.

Squad

Adie Beech YP1 had a decent enough season, improved quite a lot and should be in for a good season next year.

Joshua Wharton YP2 played well enough, didn't score as much as I had wanted, but being on the wing he did cause problems and contribute a few assists.

Neil Marshall-Jones YP3 done well, scored a few goals.

Pat Haddow YP4 done well despite being thrown in at the deep end :D

Finances

Proof I haven't cheated

Youth Intake a lot of players that can come into the fold for the first team, but a new right back and DM is what I really wanted.

Adie Molyneux YP5 got the YP tag, looks decent enough.

Year   Season   League   Final Pos.   Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Ag   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSN        5th       18      15       9      54   39  +15   69
 2    2013/14    BSN        1st       27      11       4      74   33  +41   92
 3    2014/15    BSP       15th       13      19      14      38   48  -10   58
 4    2015/16    BSP       20th       10      15      21      43   66  -23   45

Carshalton Atheltic : Survived to Fight Another Season

League Awful season thats why its so small the update because no body played well i need to score more goals only good thing is my youth player who came in and thats it for this season.

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Kerching!!!

FA Cup 5th round Chelsea

League Cup 3rd Round Liverpool

YP11 Report

My Fans are a bit to optimistic i got hammered by Derby who are champions and they are disappointed with the result even though Derby spend 100Mil + in the transfer window :mad:

Next years objective : Survival Again!!!

Year 8 goals (2019/20)

* L1 consolidation

* Resign Geoff Pritchett

* Tighten up defensively, while keeping attacking potency

Goal #2 starting to sound unlikely.....

This is 8 days before the start of the season. Sounding like I might be selling him soon and giving young Ray Holland his chance to shine.

pritchettwantingbiggerc.png

how long does he have left ??

2 years still, so time to re-sign him if things go well (although he still isn't interested in discussing).

To be honest, I would not be overly unhappy if he left as I have too many FCs currently.

Two days after this was when I had to choose my new captain for the season ahead and I dropped him altogether so that if I do sell him it at least would not be my active captain again (as Sam Bryant was).

I offered him to other clubs 5 times over the last week and just Champ and L1 clubs were interested, but not at the prices I quoted (started at 5m, went down to 1.2m +50% profit clause - he is valued at 475k atm).

With him being on the transfer list his Info page now stated he doesn't want to leave the club, so I have taken him off and put him on the bench for my first league game. He will start 75% of my games this year, maybe he scores for fun and gets the attention of bigger clubs......

League Awful season thats why its so small the update because no body played well i need to score more goals only good thing is my youth player who came in and thats it for this season.

Toon that link is one from 2014 in the prem

Holy crap!

My planned training and youth facility upgrades just got completed.

Training went from fairly basic to adequeate.

Youth went from average (rented) to minimal!

So I saved myself an unknwn rental fee, but it would appear my youth facilities just took a nosedive in quality (but our now in-house).

So I run into the boardroom and request immediate upgrades again to our now inhouse youth facility and after an initial rejection they agreed to the request. So I go off to read the subsequent news item and I see this;

expensiveyouthfacilitie.png

1.3m!!!!! I sincerely hope that this is not just a 'one description' upgrade and I will jump up a LOT in youth facility quality.

This is if we even get to that point. I have 1.6m in the bank right now (Nov 2019) and losing around 100k a month, so by the time the end of the season rolls around I will be just south of having 1m in the bank I am guessing.....

No spoiler details on Ray Holland, but Geoff Pritchett is becoming surplus to requirements so he might be out the door in the transfer window.....

No spoiler details on Ray Holland, but Geoff Pritchett is becoming surplus to requirements so he might be out the door in the transfer window.....

Okay.....

Large update required here, will perhaps put it together tonight as a mid-season update!

League

Not a bad season i guess still in the EPL but really need to find a goalscorer i thin it may take me a couple of years to win it but i think we will

Team Stats

Transfers

Finances - Kerching!!!

Key Players

Bond

Oscar Ward

Forde

League Cup 3rd round Leeds

FA Cup Brighton 3rd round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04 Awful player Released

YP05

YP06 another one didnt make the grade

YP07

YP08

YP09

YP10

YP11

YP12

YP12R

U18

Next years objective : Survival Again!!!

First couple of seasons can be rough, but if you survive those and blood the new youths so they are first team ready, it is very rewarding.

Then you have to sell the good ones sometimes.....

My 2nd big sale 'memorial' post will be done tonight when home.

Related question, if a new chairman comes in, does it affect your bank balance. Would not be pleased if the new or outgoing chairman lines their pockets...

I dont think your bank balance can go down with a new chairman, as that is just the clubs finances, but the balance can go up if the chairman invests (but this doesnt happen a lot)

Well, I play a similar save now, although violating the rules on two points: I am playing with Histon, who are already in BSN and I have also allowed myself to sign players who can potentially become club-grown (i.e. younger than 18) - but I have not used any players already in the squad who can never become club-grown and will release them asap. Its fairly simple atm, sitting 5 points clear in BSN with 11 games to go.

Padders use defensive tactics and short passing

Thanks mate

This is really really tough

I am shipping in goals left right and centre

Took 15 games to win 2 games!

However, I am starting to turn it around

7 games left and have a real chance of staying up

Current League Table - http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/padders01/BlueSquareBetSouthOverview_Stages-2.png

Had my Youth Candidates come through - http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/padders01/HitchinTownYouthCandidatesSquad_Players.png

Assistant Manager thinks Luke Tyler was the best player and he has started well with 3 goals in 2 games - http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/padders01/LukeTylerYP13-1Overview_Attributes.png

Signed all but 3 players from the Youth Candidates

Absolutely loving the challenge!!

well as previously said my game was deleted by an angry brother so i started again.

In FM 12 i'm with Chester again.

And sinds i can't play FM12 on my old pc i'm hollidaying at the moment on FM 11.

Archived