Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd sell him for that amount. Jack, it's never too late to join the challenge and you can have as many attempts as you like. As long as you don't have as many attempts as me. That's one record I like. Just make sure you read the OP which I'm sure you have done. If there's something you don't understand, we're all here to try and help :thup:.

Brau, take the money and run! £108k/month should keep you in profit for a while which will make it easier to get upgrades to facilites/coaching/etc.

Jack, take the biggest rep club that gets promoted into the BS regional leagues. If you choose someone like Harrow (as I did) then you'll need to be a miracle worker. The challenge is difficult enough in the first couple of seasons as it is ....

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2016-17

Overview

Season 5 2016/17 Targets

* BSP Survival - Achieved, and then some!

* Operate on a profit - Not even close, youth setup costs are now large

* Minimize wage bill increases (a lot of youth intake renewals coming up) - Minimized, but rising

League

With survival on our minds, the start to the season put everyone on notice. 1st and 3rd games of the season were home games and they were both won 6-0! In-between was an unfortunate 0-1 away loss, but people took note. Again we finished top scorers in the league and we were leakier at the back than ideal, but it worked.

Gillingham ran away with the league and there was only 2 points covering the 4 play-off teams. First leg of play-off semi was against Kidderminister who I had beat and drew with in the league, but who knocked me out of the FA Trophy. A 2-3 defeat was not ideal, but not a critical blow even though we blew a 2-1 lead with 10 minutes to go. The 2nd leg started badly going 0-1 down (2-4 on agg), but then the big players stepped up, equalized just before HT and put together a fantastic 2nd half performance running out 5-1 victors on the night.

Play-Off Final time for the second year in a row, and this was a nerve killer! Ebbsfleet the opponents and they received a red card in the 35th minute while still 0-0. Hopes were high, but they battled themselves into a 0-2 lead with 38th and 59th minute goals. 30 minute to save the season and the kitchen sink came out. Goals on 62 and 70 tied things up, but it was Ebbsfleet who were the more dangreous as ET approached. We survived and nicked a 92 min goal, time for the 10 men to bring out the kitchen sink, but this time it didn't work and we even countered in the 114th min for the clincher!

Back to back promotions, carried all the way by captain Sam Bryant in the middle of the park.

Cups

Nothing of note. Out at first hurdle in the FA Cup and second hurdle in the FA Trophy, which to be honest helped out in the long run with the lack of congestion in the 2nd half of the season.

Notable Events

Sam Bryant receives his (and the clubs) first international call-up (England u19s)

Sam Bryant wins BSP player of the year award

Youth Intake

Decent. Daniel Edworthy (YP 5a) should provide competition for the FC role eventually (although he started out rough) and Matt Mogg can slot into a weak position of DL. Grigg has potential, but will find it hard to fight through the mass of FCs that my youth intake gives me and Matt Bryant (no relation to Sam, judging by their lack of fav person mentions) has the clubs 3rd best player blocking his route currently.

Transfers

None! (incoming wise)

Next Year Goals

* L2 Survival

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2017-18

Overview

* L2 Survival - Achieved, and then some again!

League

While the BSP run last season was unexpected, this season was simply unbelievable. The core of the team has now been together several years and key players have progressed to levels above or equal to L2. Sam Bryant is now touted as a good Championship MC and Geoff Pritchett a good L1 FC.

Our first 9 league games saw 7 wins and 2 draws and suddenly all eyes were on us. Sam Bryant was shining as bright as ever for us and now also for a sucessful England u19s team. His reputation went National just before the season and by the end was at Continental!

With the generous nature of the L2 promotion places (3 auto and 4 playoff! What a difference from the scrooge like BSP / BSS leagues!) we never found ourselves in any real battle.

Except, as unlikely as it sounds, for the title. with 5 games to go we were 8 points behind Rotherham, who had just beat us 0-2 at our place. But they took their foot off the gas and going into the last game of the season we were just two points behind. Alas, both teams won and we were promoted in 2nd place!

Weymouth, always the bridesmaids and never the bride. No trophies yet, but fantastic progress.

Cups

Again, disappointing but no fixture congestion later on helped. Out at 2nd Johnstones Paint hurdle, out at first FA Cup hurdle. Lost in League Cup play-off game with Gillingham, so never made it into the proper competition.

Notable Events

The emergence of Daniel Edworthy (YP 5a). After a lack lustre start to his career at the end of last season, Daniel was due to be a late game sub for the most part. A niggling injury to an FC early on in the season meant he got a start and proceeded to score a hat-trick! He never looked back and banged an amazing 35 league goals in 40 games. No clubs looking at him yet, but I imagine it is only a matter of time.

Sam Bryant has been fantastic, captain for the last 3 years, fans player of the season for three straight years, as well as highest average rating and assist provider too. The bad news is his expiring contract. Down to 12 months left, and although he options talks with me (Weymouth listed as a fav club, me as a fav person) and I offer max on every option he walks away due to being too far apart. Not looking good and time to decide if I cash in on him or hope and pray things change.

Sam picked up L2 player of the year honors too!

Youth Intake

Not great. 3 players tagged with YP, but none expected to star. Hoping they develop into squad players.

Transfers

None incoming!

Next Year Goals

* L1 survival

* Re-sign Sam Bryant

The Sale - Club Icon Sam Bryant Leaves

With his contract winding down and no positive end to contract talks it was time to make a move in the transfer market. Sam Bryant (YP 3a) had carried the team on his back for 3 seasons (3 player of the year awards for the club, BSP player of the year, L2 player of the year and lead the club in average rating and assists every year).

He was currently valued at 825k and I sent out a fax to all teams stating his availability for 6.5m.

Premiership QPR returned almost instantly with a non-negotiable 3.9m offer (1.3m up front, 2.6m over 24 months) with a 20% future profit clause and an Arrange Friendly clause.

I would have prefered more, but that sum will put the club on a firm financial footing for a long time and I can begin to build up the infrastructure.

Images of the event!

Club Information

Fans Player of the Year

Highest Average Ratings

Most Assists

The Bid

Fans Upset At Sale

Fans Understand Though

New Look Sam Bryant (with attribues I am very proud of helping to develop - here he is on his Youth Intake Day)

And finally, Sam Bryant's Weymouth League Career

So, my first sale and first submission for entry into the Hall of Fame.

Transfer Received - Sam Bryant 3.9m (plus 20% profit clause, which I will update if I receive anything from that).

Proof

recordfeereceived.png

Hmm .... I need another very strong pre-season financially, as I have persuaded the board to ....

A. Increase my junior coaching. It's now rated at Average.

B. Improve the training facilities at a cost of £400,000

C. Improve the youth facilities at a cost of £350,000

My wage bill has been creeping up a bit as well, and now stands at £2450/week although that will go back under £2k/week at the end of the season as I have 4 players out of contract, and they will not be renewed.

Kingstonian - BSS - 2013/14

Another solid and unspectactular season, finishing 17th (1 place and 3 points worse than my first season). In the cups, we fared better however, by reaching Q3 in the FA Cup and the 2nd round of the FA Trophy, so slightly better all round.

I've had to throw a couple of youngsters in this season, and while they haven't disgraced themselves, they haven't set the world alight either. Tyrone Treacher was probably the pick of them, scoring 13 goals in 42 appearences, with an average rating of 6.77

As I mentioned above, I managed to get the board to agree to a number of improvments, however, the expansion of the training facility was cancelled due to not enough funds. The youth facilities will cost £325,000, a little bit cheaper than stated above

Transfers - Nothing to see here, move along please.

Not that good of a youth intake, however, I did get cover for my midfield, which is what I needed most. However, as my assistant said they would only be good or leading BSS players, none of them will be getting the YP tag this year.

Finances - Still a little bit left over, so with another strong preseason (financially), I should be able to get the training facilities improved next year.

Goals for 2014/15

Finish 14th or higher, preferably in the top half (doesn't sound ambitious, but it will be an improvement)

Get junior coaching to good

Get training facilities improved

Reach Q4 of the FA Cup.

Hi guys, room for one more on the "Crazy Gang" bus??

This is a brilliant thread, it's given playing FM a whole new lease of life!!

Anyway, as you can see - I've ended up at Bedford Town - major concerns about age of squad though - of the 22 players in the squad, 9 are over the age of 31!! - the Youth policy is going to be a major culture shock for this club!! I hope I get a decent first intake - if not, could be a major headache keeping all the geriatrics going!!:D

Nick Williams was today named as the new Bedford Town manager, after all the “who??” comments, those who attended the press conference to announce his appointment were extremely interested in his “no transfer” policy, listening in disbelief to his intention to solely rely on the club’s youth policy to take them up the leagues. Alan Hansen, the well known BBC pundit, was heard to repeat, muttering as he left the room – “you don’t win anything with kids” – The football world awaits with interest to see if it’s possible!!!

bedfordtown.jpgbedfordtownfootballclub.jpg

Club: Bedford Town

Nickname: The Eagles

Icons: None

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: None

Estimated Value: £150k

Season Ticket Holders: 112

Bank Balance: £30k

Stadium: The New Eyrie

Stadium Capacity: 3000 (300 seated)

Corporate Facilities: Basic corporate facilities

Training Facilities: Basic Training facilities

Youth Facilities: Minimal youth facilities

Junior Coaching: Basic junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Limited youth recruitment

Braumiller- Well done on the back to back promotions! hopefully you can consolidate them with a nice mid table finish in L1. Its a shame about Sam Bryant, but you made a wise choice in selling him.

Avramski- a good consolidation season there and it looks like your in for a hell of a lot of fundraising to get those requests through!

Drew- Good to see you having another crack after what happened, I'm not sure I could face doing it all again!

Hot dog- welcome and have fun with bedford!

Avramski- a good consolidation season there and it looks like your in for a hell of a lot of fundraising to get those requests through!

1 Friendly tournament and 1 friendly league = ~£380k in gate reciepts and ~£175k TV money. Job done :D

Oh 10th after 7 games, I just hope I can keep that up for the rest of the season, but sadly, it will be without Tyrone Treacher who damaged his cruciate ligaments in preseason, and will miss the entire season!

Chester - Seaon 13/14 (season 2) - BSP

league

Well only one thing to say about it, AWFULL. We never got on a roll this season and with awfull finishing, awfull GK and a lot of penalties against their was only one option and that was regelation.

Actually it was very close, i regelated on the last playday by an awfull proformence agaist a fellow regelator.

Graph

Both FA Cup and FAT were also a letdown with both a first match against a top team from my own division.

Youth Intake

And more bad news not a single youthintake player was worth mentioning here, so a very sad year for own youth

so their is only one thing left

Proof of no cheating

And back to BSN/BSS for me

Time to get back into this.

Me

The team that I decided to pick this time is Chester, The Squad

Good luck!

Hopefully I can carry on Lowestoft Towns torch, though we're still struggling in the BSN in our second season :D

Youth Intake to come soon, hopefully it's good news.

I'm willing to give this scenario a try, because it sounds incredibly fun and hard (which adds to my fun). I only have marginal LLM experience, so I'm not sure how well I'll do. I have one question though: are you allowed to give yourself 'international player' experience as a manager? If I decide to give this challenge a whirl, I'll be posting updates here soon enough!

Edit: reread original post, have my answer.

Youth Intake!

link

so two players get the YP tag this year.

The first being Ronnie Lockett YP03, a player who will probably go right into the starting 11 which should hopefully see him develop,we have been in dire need of a half decent left back who can play without getting sent off all the time.

The second player is not necessarily the best, but I think he will be the most useful, Taylor Good YP04 , this is because he is a goalkeeper, and we have really needed a reliable goalkeeper at times this season, so if he can develop he could be a good player for us.

Anyone with over 4* gold star potential and 3* silver star current has been signed for squad cover and to play in the youths and reserve teams.

Also, is anyone else controlling team selection for U18's and Reserves? takes longer as you have to sit through the games but it means you can give maximum playtime to players your assman usually ignores.

First game in charge the U18's won 1-0, with our new keeper saving a penalty :D

My brother got mad at me and deleted my file (i'm on his laptop when i'm playing). So i have to start over again, 2 seasons hard work raising my youth for notting :-(

Doesnt sound like you have a very nice brother :(.

Also, is anyone else controlling team selection for U18's and Reserves? takes longer as you have to sit through the games but it means you can give maximum playtime to players your assman usually ignores.

I didnt control mine because it takes forever to get through the seasons. Plus youths improve very little by playing U18's matches. The most I ever did was set it so they used first team tactics in team policy.

My approach so far is to thrust those who appear to have enough potential into the first team. I spent 4 years in the BSS as they matured, but now they are all firing on all cylinders and the club has took off.

This is starting to lessen now in L2 and L1, with the good intakes going on the 1st team bench. I can see loaning them out and finally running a reserves team here soon (I have yet to run reserves yet, to save money and I never had enough players)

Goals for 2014/15

Finish 14th or higher, preferably in the top half (doesn't sound ambitious, but it will be an improvement) - Failed

Get junior coaching to good - Achieved

Get training facilities improved - Failed. Board rejected my request

Reach Q4 of the FA Cup - Failed. Out in Q3 again

As you can see from that, I didn't have that good a season. Aaaaanyway ....

Kingstonian - BSS - 2014/15

League form in the second half of the season was, quite frankly, disasterous with just 2 wins and 4 draws in my last 18 games which as you all agree, is relegation form. Fortunately, that wasn't the case, as we managed to get enough points on the board early enough so relegation wasn't really a possibility, although I was getting worried with about 8 games to go. In those circumstances, 19th was probably the best I could achieve. I could have been slightly better but already relegated Canvey Island beat us on the last day of the season, although to be fair, we had played the top 4 teams in the previous 4 games which destroyed to teams confidence.

In the cups, out in Q3 of the FA Cup again, this time to Maidenhead who were relegated from the BSS last season. In the FA Trophy, BSP team Woking needed a replay in the 2nd round to beat us, so a slight improvement there.

Transfers - As always, I'm clean ....

Finances - Still a few pennies in the bank.

Youth Intake - For a BSS team, that pretty good. At the start of March, I persuaded the board to increase junior coaching to Good, which is the only target I reached that I set myself. Anyway, after looking closely at the players, I've decided the 3 players are worthy of getting the YP tag this season. These are Kurt McCarthy (report card), Terrance Phillips (report card) and Tim Hardy (report card). All 3 have gone straight into the 1st team.

No players from my previous 2 intakes have stood out, especially seeing the 1 I had big hopes for, Treacher missed the whole season through injury. He has gone from 4 1/2 stars PA to just 2 stars, with some of the decline coming after he started training again. So he will be released in the summer.

Goals for 2015/16

Reach Q4 in the FA Cup

Finish 14th or higher in the league.

Get training facilities improved.

Get Youth recruitment improved

Just finished my first full season as manager of Lewes finishing in 19th position in the BSS.

This is a season that I have never had to expierence before in my life of playing FM. I have learnt a lot of things and I think it will helping me in seasons to come.

We narrowly managed to avoid relegation finishing three points off the drop zone (league table). This season had started so promisingly with us sitting top of the league at the end of October. Then a spur of injuries and suspension left the team crippled and we never managed to recover from there. Winning only two games in the new year and managing only I handful of draws I was fearing the worst. It was only down to the good start we had and also the teams below us inability to win, that prevented us from being relegated. To make matters worse the board also cut back on the budget and I was unable to keep my squad together(15 players/staff had to be released at the end of the season) This has left me with a young inexperienced squad with little chance of progression over the next few seasons (my youth team are average at best)

I have decided to take some time to think about my future. I will carry on with the challenge but It may well be with another club. I'll let you all know soon. Really enjoying this challenge though, I will not let in beat me.

LEWES MANAGER STAYING ON ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!

After meeting with Lewes FC Chairman Mike Downes to discuss the clubs future, Manager Matt Donnelly has just annouced he will be staying on as manager of Lewes FC.

"We had a difficult first season in the BSS last year.This year will be just as hard, but we now have a young squad and I believe these kids can go on to do amazing things. I am happy that the club is moving in the right direction and hope I can help develop these youngster and make them reach their full potential."

Youth team

yp01 (I have high hopes for young Stuart)

Current team

Transfer (none, although I wish at times I had a few)

Finances (really struggling here, can't seem to raise much cash)

Player of the season (Not a bad season for Marlon, hoping he can become a key player this year)

Objects for 13/14 season

Finish mid table.

FA CUP Q3

FA Trophy (would like a cup run but any experience gained is a bonus)

Hendon 2020/21 - L2

League Table : thought i would struggle and never did.

Squad

Key Players

Rhys Knight YP03

Lionel Rutherford YP09

Proof of not cheating TRANSFERS

Youth Improvement

Finances

Next season:

Survive the L1 and develop the youths. i would like to establish myself in this league for 4-5 seasons if i can

HENDONS YOUTH CAREER
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEAR	LEAGUE	POS	PTS	PROM/REL  	FA CUP		lEAGUE CUP	OTHER
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/13	BSS	18TH	43	N/A		4TH QUALS
13/14	BSS	17TH	41	N/A		2ND QUALS
14/15	BSS	14TH	49	N/A		1ST RND
15/16	BSS	5TH	69	PLYOFF SEMI	3RD QUALS
16/17	BSS	16TH	53	N/A		3RD RND
17/18	BSS	7TH	68	N/A		4TH QUALS
18/19	BSS	1ST	90	WINNERS		2ND QUALS
19/20	BSP	1ST	85	WINNERS		4TH QUALS			FA TROPHY WINNERS
20/21	L2	1ST	90	WINNERS		2nd RND		1ST RND
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUTH PLAYERS OVER 200 APPS

------------Name-----------------------Appearances-----------Goals---------------Assists-----------Average Rating--------
---------------------------------------------------------GK: Goals Conc-----GK: Clean Sheets-----------------------------

Laurent Friend  (YP02) (ST)      235 (267)         66 (72)             43 (49)              6.92
       (2013-Present)

Domininc Bass          (DRC)     230 (261)         2  (2)              6  (6)               6.80
(2012-Present)

Rhys Knight     (YP03) (DM)	219 (250)	  13 (15)	      93 (103)		   7.16
(2014-Present)

Key: league (all competitions)

Still in my second season with Lowestoft but having some trouble now, last seasons youth have realised we're **** and don't want to sign new contracts...

Forgot to sign them up on long term ones as well, luckily we should have cover if they end up leaving :(

quite annoyed with myself for missing it. I may end up leaving the challenge this year if we don't avoid relegation anyway haha.

Quick update on my Weymouth game.

Mid November in my first season post Sam Bryant and first season in L1 and the scenario is as you would expect, fighting for every and any point in the battle for survival!

After the past 2 crazy years, time to reinstate the Weymouth 4 year per division plan! :D

Year 1 - Survive

Year 2 - Consolidate

Year 3 - Contend

Year 4 - Promotion

At this level, this is also more of a knife edge, as any intakes I have been receiving recently now require a year or more of nurturing before hitting the first team.

Interesting Sam Bryant update, in my end of October boardroom message, as well as letting me know they are happy and I lost 43k for the month (even with my Sam Bryant transfer payments of 108k) I can already buyout his 20% profit clause if I wish for 502k!

Holding off for now, as my bank balance is still healthy but slowly eroding, but come the summer time I might activate if still able, as I have a training facilities update in the planning stages that will cost 350k

marshall- Its never to late to join! have fun with FC United :)

braumiller- take the money and run. 502k is a lot plus its up front. Bryants value will probably drop as when you sold him he was in epic form. He is now probably playing less games in a higher division so I would take the 502k buyout. QPR would have to sell him for 6million to get that amount.

The biggest match in my Kingstonian career to date sees us beating Leyton Orient in the 2nd round of the FA Cup 1-0.

Our reward? A trip to league 1 side Wycombe Wanderers ....

On the plus side though, we've made just shy of £80,000 in prize money, and with the match being shown live on TV, that was another £70,000. It keeps us with a hefty amount in the bank still (£582,304 at the time of making this post).

FA Cup run in full.

Q2 Chipstead 0-2 Kingstonian

Q3 Aveley 2-3 Kingstonian

Q4 Kingstonian 2-1 Tonbridge

1 Kingstonian 3-1 Hereford

2 Kingstonian 1-0 Leyton Orient

Gah. I'm without internet for 2 weeks and so many people are doing so well. I ended up completing my third season with Margate. I was relegated out of the BSS with 2 games to go unfortunately. I felt I was weak on the tactical side having never really building my own tactics before, and tactical nous is integral to this challenge.

I started a new game with Canvey Island 4 days ago. The first team I've managed with a left winger so I could finally try a simple 4-4-2 and it worked pretty darn well (in comparison to my awful 4-5-1 with both Tooting and Mitcham and Margate). I could've done a lot better in the first season if I hadn't selected the largest pitch setting though. My first batch of Youth Prospects weren't great. Flitney, the DC has 3 at Jumping which is rather off putting. I've tried to train him to be a DM but he mustn't be very versatile because it's been over a year and he's still awkward.

Second season I was expecting a lot more from the team and I got it. We were flirting with the playoffs a lot but I'm glad we failed as I don't think we're ready for BSP.

The second season Youth Prospects[/url] and I was shocked to see someone ready to start immediately.

That's about it. I'm hopeful that I won't go down yet again in my 3rd season...

Year   Season   League   Final Pos.   Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Ag   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS       15th       14      11      17      66   60   +6   53
 2    2013/14    BSS        8th       18       9      15      62   54   +8   63

Drew. Chester City. Blue Square North. 2012/2013

Table - got into the play-offs, where we lost to Bishop's Stortford, even though it was disappointing to not get promoted, I was still pleased with the prgress we had made over the dourse of the season.

Squad

Proof I haven't cheated

Finances

Year   Season   League   Final Pos.   Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Ag   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSN        5th       18      15       9      54   39  +15   69

Drew. Chester City. Blue Square North. 2013/2014

Youth Intake

Joshua Wharton was given the YP2 tag.

Table - promotion, easy as pie that was, now for the hard part in trying to survive in the BSP, youth recruitment and junior coaching were both increased.

Squad

Adie Beech YP1 done well in his first full season, will try and get him some more game time next season, and I feel that within the next few years, he will be a vital part of our team, potential captain as well.

Proof I haven't cheated

Finances

1    2012/13    BSN        5th       18      15       9      54   39  +15   69
 2    2013/14    BSN        1st       27      11       4      74   33  +41   92

Archived