Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Intake

Tony Douglas erm yeah, I've had a few talented players come through the ranks over the years, but nothing like this before, the coach report didn't say anything, but the fact that Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are after him suggest he is pretty decent and has a superb future ahead of him.

Ryan Cruse another talented youngster, has the potential to be a good Premier Division defender, and is already better than most of my other centre backs :D

Hmm, my FA Cup run, while good is rather tough. I needed a replay to beat L1 Scunthorpe United (who have a 26 year old striker called Connor Wickham). That setup a 2nd round tie against Crystal Palace at home. That match was then put back 24 hours and televised and finished 0-0. The winner of the replay gets a home tie against Man City ....

surprised to see conor wickham down in league 1. Isnt he supposed to be a bright prospect?
Yep, at sunderland I believe but look at the competition there! Gyan Sessingon Bentner. Unless he gets a loan he wont play! That and he's a target man, not many teams utilise them!

Chester Season 2012-13

Final League Table Boy was it close. Very close. Closer than I would have wanted. But we did it. Mainly thanks to this stunning victory over Corby.

The cups aren't worth talking about, so I won't!

Key Players

Yann Nsaku - This guy was an absolute rock at the back, as well as his partner Radford. Not only did he keep them out at one end, but he was our third top scorer in the league with 11.

Jerome Wright - The player of the season, by a country mile. He was superb down the left, our joint top scorer in the league as well as the most assists. He will be vital next year.

Youth Players

Greg Patel (YP2) - Gave him a few games when I got him, managed to get a goal, making him Chester's youngest ever scorer. Unfortunately he got a injury so took no further part in the season.

Richie Dixon (YP1) - Unfortunately Richie played no games, but I certainly hope to use him in a few games next year to help him improve.

Facilities

Managed to gain a few upgrades this year, including Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. However, the most important was the Youth Facilities upgrade, so I must make sure we have enough money for this to take place.

Transfers - I would never cheat!

Next Season - The main aim is too survive! Hopefully the youth facilities upgrade goes through, and hopefully either Patel or Dixon will get some goals, that was something which are other strikers lack regularly.

EDIT: Oh Dear.... Not good! Hopefully i can get them upgraded next season instead.

Goldyrulz- Congrats on promotion with chester there. As for the facility upgrade being scrapped, dont worry to much. Youth recruitment is much more important as that affects the quality of youths coming through. Youth facilities only effects how they are trained while on a youth contract.

Chester Season 2012-13

Final League Table Boy was it close. Very close. Closer than I would have wanted. But we did it. Mainly thanks to this stunning victory over Corby.

The cups aren't worth talking about, so I won't!

Key Players

Yann Nsaku - This guy was an absolute rock at the back, as well as his partner Radford. Not only did he keep them out at one end, but he was our third top scorer in the league with 11.

Jerome Wright - The player of the season, by a country mile. He was superb down the left, our joint top scorer in the league as well as the most assists. He will be vital next year.

Youth Players

Greg Patel (YP2) - Gave him a few games when I got him, managed to get a goal, making him Chester's youngest ever scorer. Unfortunately he got a injury so took no further part in the season.

Richie Dixon (YP1) - Unfortunately Richie played no games, but I certainly hope to use him in a few games next year to help him improve.

Facilities

Managed to gain a few upgrades this year, including Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. However, the most important was the Youth Facilities upgrade, so I must make sure we have enough money for this to take place.

Transfers - I would never cheat!

Next Season - The main aim is too survive! Hopefully the youth facilities upgrade goes through, and hopefully either Patel or Dixon will get some goals, that was something which are other strikers lack regularly.

EDIT: Oh Dear.... Not good! Hopefully i can get them upgraded next season instead.

Nsaku, keep hold of him, in league 2 and he is one of the best CB in the league! Great potential! Wright wont last long, he wasn't even in my first team in BSN! Went in S2 I believe!

Drew. Lowestoft Town. The Championship. 2025/2026

Table - We survived again, but were worse off than last season, our defence was okay, but we could not hit a barn door from ten feet, very poor from our strikers and attacking players.

Squad missed last seasons, but our strikers had less than 10 goals each.

Christian Frew YP6 poor season, and has been getting worse over the months, will look to release him next season, he's on big wages as well.

Kenny Stockwell YP7 played okay, again will be a squad player for next season.

Ollie Hooper YP10 decent season, one of the first names on the team sheet, hopefully more of the same next season.

Ben Evans YP11 had a poor season, coupled with YP16's emergence and me using one striker in my formation's, he'll be a squad player next season.

Jordan Parker YP12 had a decent season, more of the same for next season please.

Jimmy Parnaby Yp13 solid season, had some mild interest in him earlier in the season, but that subsided once a new contract was agreed.

Geoff Bastow YP14 was decent in the few games he was given, will be sent out on loan next season though.

Finances

Prooft I dont cheat

Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS         9th         18      9       15     50       45     +5    63
 2    2013/14    BSS         4th         23     10        9     59       37     +22   79
 3    2014/15    BSS         3rd         20     16        9     50       40     +10   76
 4    2015/16    BSS         1st         21     17        4     64       37     +27   80
 5    2016/17    BSP        10th         15     18       13     55       45     +10   63
 6    2017/18    BSP        17th         14     14       14     45       57     -12   56
 7    2018/19    BSP         1st         24     17        5     67       42     +25   89
 8    2019/20	   L2         5th         22     10       14     59       49     +10   76
 9    2020/21     L2         1st         23     19        4     59       36     +23   88
10    2021/22     L1        19th         11     18       17     51       60     -9    51
11    2022/23     L1        16th         13     18       15     51       57     -6    57
12    2023/24     L1         1st         25     16        5     71       46     +25   91
13    2024/25     CH        16th         13     21       12     55       54     +1    60
14    2025/26     CH        17th         13     17       16     43       50     -7    56

First Season at Carshalton

League Table

Positions Graph

Average start characterised by a lot of 0-0 draws and 1-0 defeats. Little formation change sorted everything out and we went on an incredible and unforeseen run of draws and wins which eventually got us to a playoff spot. If we'd've won our last game of the season we would have been promoted as league winners but we contrived to lose it to already relegated St. Albans at home 3-1. So it was down to the lottery of the playoffs where we were to play a team who we hadn't beaten all year.

Leg 1

Totally controlled the home leg of the playoffs as the graphic shows. Nothing much to say about it really.

Leg 2

Horrible bitty game, we lived on edge for most of it as the stats may or may not show. Funny part was at the end when their keeper was sent off for handling outside of the area.

So we moved on to the final. At home against Dorchester.

We won 3-1

Lovely stuff. Came from a goal down too...

Fans' player of the year

Best XI

Youth Intake were all signed up

No cheating here...

Cups were a waste of time. Lost to Blyth in one and Romford in another, both away.

No upgrades to facilities due to lack of funds.

Goals

Staying up will be near impossible so I'm going to give the youth a chance and also drop the wage bill somewhat. I'll post updates on my best youth prospects next season, they are the top two players in the Youth Squad.

Drew- Well done on staying up again. You dont want to rush promotion to the EPL anyway as you will just get spanked if you go up to soon.

Hacker- Congrats on the playoff win. Dont give up on staying in the BSP as I think you can do it :)

Season 2019/20 - Carshalton Atheltic

League Table - Wow! What a season. The team played amazingly well with it coming down to playing Middlesborough at Wembley to get promoted. The match lived up to the season, it was annoying and disappointing to begin with but got better and better throughout. It was a great final, really exciting, and I'm delighted to be up. But a bit worried at the same time. I don't think my squad is good enough for Championship and I just lost one of my main strikers as he refused to sign a new contract (no clubs were interested in him, he just refused to continue at Carshalton..) and I think it will definitely be a tough season.

Squad - Most of them are above 7.00 as an average and the standout has to be Lee James YP10, a recent youth product, who was on fire all season.

Ross Hale YP03 - Played well. I changed my formation to a narrow 4-3-3 which meant he had to play CM but didn't do too badly. I think Championship will be out of his depth.

Josh Humphrey YP04 - Did alright. I have no other decent keeper so he is automatically first choice. Conceded a few too many for my liking.

Josh Brazier YP06 - Did well, but he is leaving us at the end of the season as he refuses to sign a new contract.

Ibrahim Tran YP07 - Amazing. One of my best players. His passing is now 17 and he is starting to set up more goals. He is also a regular for Morocco's U21s and for most of the season the coach reports said he was easily good enough for Championship never mind League 1.

Kelly Moore YP08 - Played a lot more this season. Can play CB as well as RB and is the best in the team at both positions. Pleased with him.

Warren Galbraith YP09 - Meh. When he played he scored but I had 3 better options up front.

Lee James YP10 - Wow. What a player. He had an astonishingly good season with something like 43 goals in 50 odd appearances. Predicted to be a good PL striker, it's going to be tough holding on to him.

Finances - Very worrying. It's mostly down to the Youth Setup but hopefully TV rights and sponsorship in the Championship will help keep us in the black. Oh and of course some money spinning friendlies! ;)

Transfers - Not Guilty

[font=Helvetica]Season     League     Position
[/font]12/14   BSS     18th
13/14   BSS     15th
14/15   BSS     11th
15/16   BSS     5th - Promoted
16/17   BSP     1st - Promoted
[font=Helvetica]17/18        L2              18th
18/19       L2               4th  - Promoted
19/20        L1               5th  -  Promoted[/font]

TWFL- a-maz-ing! I must say though, you have been rather fortunate in the playoffs! some great prospects coming through now and hopefully you will stay up.

I've had some ridiculous play-off matches, Middlesborough being the highlight! It's all going to come crashing down on me soon enough: we're in debt, really struggling in the Championship, can't renew some of my best players' contracts. I think I've done it too soon but we'll see.

Oxford City - Season 1 - 2012/13

Oxford_City_F.C._logo.png

League Table- WOW. I didn’t expect this. My only aim was to avoid relegation and we completely surpassed that aim, doubling the points we needed to avoid the drop. We were in and around the playoffs but we didn’t have enough to stay in them.

Squad- As you can see, we were a one man team. Felipe Barcelos was an amazing poacher grabbing 32 goals. Paul lawless also deserves a shout out with 12 goals from midfield.

Key Player- Felipe Barcelos. His goals fired us to a brilliant campaign. I have signed him up for the next 3 years, but boy was he expensive! 600 quid a week!

Alex Daly YP01- Got a few games, but not enough really. I will make him first choice next season and hopefully he will improve.

Finances- 72k in the bank which I hope to boost in the summer with some sumptuous friendlies.

An unbelievable season for Oxford City. 7th place in the league for a team tipped to go down in last place is outstanding. I believe you should always be positive so I’m going for the playoffs next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if we were in the bottom half of the table.

Season       League           Position         Achievements              Top Goalscorer (Goals)    Player of the Season  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                         
2012/13       BSS               7th         Staying up and more!          Felipe Barcelos (32)        Felipe Barcelos     

Carshalton Atheltic Back With A BANG!!!

League

Really didn't think id win the league but yet we did i am so surprised how good this team is but now my core players are starting to age i think its time to give a couple of the young guys there shot in the first team and see what they do. The team is still Defensive and Rigid been that way since day 1

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Finances - Hmm forgot bout these but i was in the green at 200k

Key Players

Westley - Cemented his place in my squad as the top defender

Oscar Ward - Scoring for fun

Marvelous Baah - once again a truly awesome player for me

JPT - Stevenage 1st round

League Cup - 2nd round Bristol City beaten in Extra Time

FA Cup Stoke 3rd round beaten 1-0 by finalists not tooo baaaad!!

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04

YP05 Info

Next years objective : Survive

Northwich Victoria - BSP 2019/20

Basically a disaster. I did have hope that I could have a fairly successful season after we won 2 and drew the other 2 games in our first 4 matches, including 3 clean sheets! Alas, it wasn't to be ....

Season          P    W    D     L     GF    GA    GD    Points   Pos.     Division
2012/13         42   20   12    10    65    34    +31     72     6th      BSN
2013/14         42   21   9     12    49    30    +19     72     5th      BSN
2014/15         42   19   8     15    48    45    +3      65     7th      BSN
2015/16         42   11   8     23    32    58    -26     41     18th     BSN
2016/17         42   21   12    9     63    40    +23     75     5th      BSN
2017/18         42   17   11    14    63    45    +18     62     11th     BSN
2018/19         42   26   6     10    75    40    +35     84     1st      BSN - Promoted to BSP
2019/20         46   10   12    24    42    62    -20     42     24th     BSP - Relegated back to the BSN

Out of all my players, only Les Beck played to a decent standard, scoring 22 in 46 games, 5 assists and 6 MoM awards with a rating of 7.12

Even with exceptional junior coaching and basic youth recruitment, my youth intake wasn't highly impressive, although there are several decent prospects, including a playmaking midfielder, something I've been needing for a while! Paul Whicher (report card) and Martyn Howson (report card) are my 2 best prospects from the intake so, they got the YP tags this season.

I had a good, but very tough run in the FA Cup saw us reach the 3rd round before getting mullered 4-0 by Man City. The only problem was that this was at home, and not in Manchester, so no huge pay day to fill the coffers....

Competition   Round   Opponent            Location   Score    Attendance
FA Cup        Q4      Buxton              Home       2-0      1471
FA Cup        1       Scunthorpe          Away       1-1      3999
FA Cup        1 (R)   Scunthorpe          Home       2-0      4011
FA Cup        2       Crystal Palace      Home TV    0-0      4055
FA Cup        2 (R)   Crystal Palace      Away       3-4e     4944
FA Cup        3       Man City            Home       0-4      5300
FA Trophy     1       Morecambe           Away       0-2      1332
FA Trophy     2       Corby               Away       1-1      466
FA Trophy     2 (R)   Corby               Home       1-2      1117

Oh well, time for another clear out, and my second BSN title in 3 seasons.

Carshalton Atheltic : Here Comes the BOOOOM!!!!

League

Reallly Really how the hell did this happen i was so surprised we managed to get promoted all be it on the last day of the season but wow and how i do not know i guess me deciding to go with youth actually spurred my team on with more energy wahoo but i see next season being tougher

Team Stats

Player Stats

Transfers

Finances - cant wait to get into the championship to sort these out would like a nice tycoon to take over and give me a new stadium

Key Players

Westley - Top defender look at his goals :eek:

Oscar Ward - Still banging them now starting to attract attention to teams at the lower end of the PL £5Million price tag on his head

Marvelous Baah - Playing well still but starting to get booked alot broker the record for most cards in a season for my club but look at his assists

JPT - Beaten by Shrewsbury in South Final on Penaltys

League Cup - Tottenham 3rd Round

FA Cup Derby 4th Round

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02

YP03

YP04

YP05

YP06 Report (New)

Reserves

U18s

Next years objective : Survive or will there be another Miracle from my Magic Robins

Archived