Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm .... I could lose a few of my top players at the end of the season. They all want better contracts, but when I go to offer them 1, they're not interesting in talking about a new contract ....

I've had this before. Just keep trying and they will eventually talk with you even if its the day before their contract is up.

Just a quick mid season update on how things are going in my first season with Chester.

We are already out of the FA Cup and Trophy, the less said the better.

However, things are going slightly differently in the league...

Can't wait for the first youth intake now!

Hmm .... I could lose a few of my top players at the end of the season. They all want better contracts, but when I go to offer them 1, they're not interesting in talking about a new contract ....
yeah I get that all the time i tend to sign my guys up web they have 2 years left on there contract

2016/2017 Season Youth Intake

Youth Intake Squad

This was probably one of my worst intakes in a while, but we have come away with one youth player that catches my eye and he's a Goalkeeper, which has been a long time coming!

Goalkeeper - Reece Jeffries

According to my ability comparison list, Reece is my best Goalkeeper, so he will fit straight into the team! He's also viewed to be twice as good as my current goalkeeper, but thats not difficult :D His potential is 5 stars, but none of my coaches are willing to comment on his potential any further :(

TM- That GK looks promising, I think he is a bit slow and needs to improve his handling a bit :)

Yeah, thats my aim, there are a few areas that need major improvement, with Acceleration and Pace being the main area, then once we have that up to standard, I can focus on the other areas. I think I can mould him :)

Short Update - 23/3/2017

Last time I did an update was my Mid-Season update, so thought i'd keep you up to speed! Unfortunately things are getting tough in the npower League 2, we were unbeaten on 1st January, but after continuing our unbelievable unbeaten run, we eventually saw defeat against then 7th placed Burton (currently 8th) on the 25th February...

To put into perspective what i'm saying, in our last 13 league games, we've only won 4! Although it hasn't been all doom and gloom as we have drawn 7 out of the 9, whilst losing our last match against 3rd placed Luton.

It's funny how these things work out in the late stages, as despite our disgracefull form, we are still 4 points clear in 1st place, with title rivals Port Vale doing just as bad as we are, or worse! In January we were both clashing head to head in the table, with identical points and identical goal difference.

Verdict: Despite our awfull form recently, I believe we have what it takes to step over the line as the League 2 champions! We are currently 14 points clear of 3rd place and a massive 20 points clear of 4th, so we are basically guaranteed promotion, no matter what happens from now.

Hastings 7 - 1 Chatham FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd - My biggest ever win as Hastings manager, we went 1-0 down after 5 minutes, equalized in the 8th, were 3-1 up at halftime and won 7-1, with 1 goal from YP1, YP2a & YP2c with a brace from YP2b!!

Sounds like it was an enjoyable game :D Reminds me of Man Utd vs Roma years back in the Champions League, very enjoyable :D

I just meant welcome back to the challenge :) And the good luck was - Good luck with your chairman :D

ha ha. Maybe this one will be grateful eh?

I'm hoping to get a few seasons in as it is the holidays and maybe I can keep Oxford up :)

Good Luck Ri. Oxford City's an interesting choice, quite low rep aren't they?

Yes, they are 1000 rep, equal to hastings who Tony Hawker is managing. He managed to keep them up which has inspired me to try it with them. I was sat in the car reloading on my way back from where I was staying in Yorkshire :D.

Yes, they are 1000 rep, equal to hastings who Tony Hawker is managing. He managed to keep them up which has inspired me to try it with them. I was sat in the car reloading on my way back from where I was staying in Yorkshire :D.

That'll be a challenge! Good luck.

Youth Intake - This is my intake from last season that I forgot to upload. Anyway couple of good players, the best clearly being Lee James who was potential to be a Leading Championship striker which he is proving so far in my first season in League 1!

Carshalton Atheltic

League

Done Well to Consolidate ourselves in the league but i reckon if we didn't get so far in the FA Cup i wouldn't of had to rest players and we might of squeaked into the Play Offs

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Westley - Starting to make his mark on the first team

Oscar Ward - awesome again

Marvelous Baah - once again a truly awesome player for me

JPT - 2nd Round Brentford Penalty's

League Cup - Luton 1st round pretty abysmal really

FA Cup 5th round knocked out by Peterborough :eek::mad:

Youth Intake

YP01

YP02 1stCap

YP03

YP04 (new) Report

U18s

Next years objective Play offs or better

First season - Lowestoft Town

End of season report

So we managed to avoid relegation, leaving it extremely late though.

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Final Table link

From our squad it is easy to see who our key players were; Mitchell, Frew, Crane & Fisk, which shows why we struggled so much without them when they were lost to injuries.

Squad Stats link

One good thing to draw from the season was our finances, with our pre-season tournaments seeing us through the season with more than enough to spare.

Link to finances

No cheating link

Targets for next season:

Consolidate our position in the league, finishing clear of relegation.

Integrate some youth into the squad and get rid of the dead wood.

Get some coaching increases with pre-season friendly money.

Toonbalmy- A solid season their and it leaves you in a good position to fight for promotion next year.

Jpr- Well done on keeping them up and now you can kick on and push into the top half. Could you do all screenshots as links in future to reduce loading time.

Northwich Victoria - 2018/19

Finally success in the Blue Square North! Promoted as champions! A very good season overall where we was always in control of our destiny, although there was quite a few squeeky bum moments in February and early March, when it was a case of win 1, draw 1, lose 1 for about 10 games. However, our usual late season form (win loads in a row), saw us win the title in quite comfortable fashion in the end. We were promoted with 1 game to go after Halifax lost giving us a 6 point gap, so I decided to give a few others a game, but already relegated FC United beat us.

Season          P    W    D     L     GF    GA    GD    Points   Pos.     Notes
2012/13         42   20   12    10    65    34    +31     72     6th      Not a bad first season.
2013/14         42   21   9     12    49    30    +19     72     5th      Lost in playoff semi.
2014/15         42   19   8     15    48    45    +3      65     7th      2 points shy of playoffs
2015/16         42   11   8     23    32    58    -26     41     18th     Disastrous season!
2016/17         42   21   12    9     63    40    +23     75     5th      Best season yet, mullered in playoffs though.
2017/18         42   17   11    14    63    45    +18     62     11th     Lot's of tired players. Had to chop and change too much
2018/19         42   26   6     10    75    40    +35     84     1st      Promoted to BSP

Player                    Pos.  Games   Con.  CS.  Goals  Assist  MoM  Red  Yellow  Av. Rating
Bradley Power YP02-2      GK    48      47    18   -      -       1    0    0       6.79
Stephen Haddow YP04-2     D L   42      -     -    0      6       4    0    8       7.00
Frank Lenders YP02-1      D C   47      -     -    5      1       3    0    3       7.06
Eamonn Carragher          D C   6(3)    -     -    0      0       0    0    0       6.51
Daniel Jones              D R   44      -     -    0      7       2    0    5       7.12
Kenny Heaton              D L   9(1)    -     -    0      0       1    0    1       6.96
Alastair Holsgrove        M C   10(28)  -     -    4      1       1    0    3       6.80
Aiden Jones               M C   39(8)   -     -    2      8       1    0    3       6.82
Richie McKay YP05         M C   26(18)  -     -    2      5       1    0    2       6.89
Ben Ryan YP01             M C   39(4)   -     -    3      12      3    0    6       6.90
William Pratt YP03        M C   27(20)  -     -    3      3       1    0    5       6.73
Christopher Rodgers       M C   5(14)   -     -    0      1       0    0    1       6.77
Sam Hughes                ST    35(15)  -     -    16     7       3    0    4       6.84
Ahmet Ozturk              ST    37(2)   -     -    9      6       1    0    5       6.67
Les Beck YP04-1           ST    32(4)   -     -    19     8       6    0    4       7.30
Joe Sutherland            ST    14(8)   -     -    4      4       2    0    0       6.81
Jimmy Morton              ST    22(15)  -     -    11     4       2    0    0       6.88
Nicholas Chappel          ST    13(10)  -     -    2      2       1    0    2       6.67

My youth players, as you can see are progressing nicely, although I am concerned about my options for strikers. Les Beck is by far and away my best striker, although don't discount Ozturk or Sutherland, as they are target men, with the rest being poachers.

Anyway, March 12th rolled around once more, and despite junior coaching being excellend and youth recruitment being upgraded to basic, the quality of my youth intake dropped again, although at least did get a play-making midfielder for once. Alasdair Hodge stood out (report card) as the best player, so accordingly, he got the YP07 tag.

Cup progress.

Competition   Round   Opponent            Location   Score    Attendance
FA Cup        Q2      Marine              Home       2-0      826
FA CUp        Q3      Droylsden           Away       1-2      755
FA Cup        Q4      Chester             Away       2-2      2463
FA Cup        Q4R     Chester             Home       p2-2     2432
FA Cup        1       AFC Telford         Away       0-1      3727
FA Cup        2       Chesterfield        Home       0-2      4571
FA Trophy     Q3      FC Halifax          Away       1-2      1246
FA Trophy     1       Woodley Sports      Away       0-3      106
FA Trophy     2       Chorley             Home       0-2      846

Despite my best efforts to throw matches in the FA Trophy, my players wouldn't listen! In all 3 matches, I made 9 changes, taking it as an opportunity to rest my key first team players, but the back up players did pretty well!

The FA Cup is a different matter. No matter what level the club is playing at, I always want to do well, as there is decent prize money on offer for a non league club, plus attendences are higher than normal, and if you get through to the 3rd round, a chance of an away match to a big team

Finances - Could be better, although with the team winning promotion, I'm optomistic that the bigger gates (and higher prices ;) ) will be enough to keep me operating at an acceptable level.

Transfers - As per usual, I'm clean (yes, I did have quite a major clear out).

For next season, my aims are playoffs minimum - Achieved

2nd round of the FA cup - Achieved

Get the wage bill down (currently £330,000/year) - Achieved. It was £130,000 in total

And stay in the black - Failed

Next seasons targets ....

Stay in the BSP (preferably finishing 18th or better

3rd round of the FA Cup

Keep the wage bill under £250,000 for the year

Get youth recruitment upto adequate

kingstonianfclkyl.gif

Kingston-Upon-Thames, June 2012: Newly promoted Kingstonian FC looks to unknown manager for their first season in the Blue Square Bet South.

Danish-American Michael Dahl will have his work cut out for him in trying to avoid relegation this season. His work is further complicated by the fact that the Board of Directors have decreed that no players will be allowed to join the team outside of those coming from the youth network.

Kingstonian is tipped to place 20th and earn an immediate return to the Isthmian League Premier Division.

------------------------------------------------------------

Despite some early trouble other users have experienced with Kingstonian, the appeal of a reasonably sized stadium and a dashing kit echoing the colors of my home country (Danish born and raised, but have lived in the US for the last 14 years) was simply too much to resist. We'll give it a go, and probably fail horrendously in the process =)

However, the existing squad contained a very pleasant surprise - can you spot it?

Your eyes do not deceive you - that is indeed lower league legend Jamil Adam leading the Kingstonian strike force! Apparently he had a short stint with Bury Town last season, before Kingstonian picked him up on a free transfer and signed him to a two-year deal. (screenshot)

Our central defense, keeper, and strikers look good enough. Our midfield is depleted, and I'll have to rely on the reserves to fill the gaps. It is anchored by the Finnish Andeele Martins, a former Man Utd player. Our fullbacks are less than stellar as well. It'll take some work to come up with a consistent tactical approach that will let us compete, I think.

Our staff is predictably awful, with the notable exception of our GK coach who manages 2 1/2 stars over both categories, and 3 1/2 on just a single one! Hard to say about the finances, but we have 46k in the coffers to start.

Should be a good time. Up the Ks!

Jpr- Well done on keeping them up and now you can kick on and push into the top half. Could you do all screenshots as links in future to reduce loading time.

Cheers :) I edited them to just links and added my transfer history too.

edit: Jamil Adam!?!?!?!?! I wish i was so lucky!

Avramski- well done on finally getting promotion. I imagine your team is now well beyond BSN quality so you should comfortably survive BSP, if not push for the playoffs.

mkjellander- Welcome to the challenge and good luck with kingstonian. I cant believe you have Jamil Adam and I'm sure he will keep you up :)

Drew. Lowestoft Town. League One. 2023/2024

Table - KAPOW! I thought that we'd have another season of mid-table mediocrity but no, the lads decided that instead of going a goal down and caving in, that they would rather get their act together and claw back and win/draw games.

Squad

Ollie Driver YP5 had a poor season up front, I'm only keeping him on because he has experience, and that's what we need right now.

Christian Frew YP6 done well, chipped in with a few goals, his experience, just like Driver will be vital next season.

Kenny Stockwell YP7 just like last season, Kenny was used mostly as a sub.

Luke Southgate YP9 went on loan for most of the season, didn't impress, will be used sparingly next season.

Ollie Hooper YP10 very impressive once again, I will look forward to seeing how well Ollie handles The Championship next season.

Ben Evans YP11 meh, he's still young and I feel he will only get better next season.

Jordan Parker YP12 was impressive when used, next season will only tell if he can handle first team football.

Jimmy Parnaby YP13 superb, acquited himself really well, and next season he will only get better.

Finances

Proof I'm not cheating

Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS         9th         18      9       15     50       45     +5    63
 2    2013/14    BSS         4th         23     10        9     59       37     +22   79
 3    2014/15    BSS         3rd         20     16        9     50       40     +10   76
 4    2015/16    BSS         1st         21     17        4     64       37     +27   80
 5    2016/17    BSP        10th         15     18       13     55       45     +10   63
 6    2017/18    BSP        17th         14     14       14     45       57     -12   56
 7    2018/19    BSP         1st         24     17        5     67       42     +25   89
 8    2019/20	   L2         5th         22     10       14     59       49     +10   76
 9    2020/21     L2         1st         23     19        4     59       36     +23   88
10    2021/22     L1        19th         11     18       17     51       60     -9    51
11    2022/23     L1        16th         13     18       15     51       57     -6    57
12    2023/24     L1         1st         25     16        5     71       46     +25   91

Drew- I knew you got promoted but I didnt realise you won the league! an exceptional achievement! some great youths coming through as well. A full back with 15 tackling is amazing.

Drew- Dont accept anything. The quality of the player is worth way more to you than any money :). You never know when the next time you will get a quality full back like that as I imagine he will turn into a decent premier league player.

Chester 2014/15 Season

Well how can I say this, we have done it! League 2 here we come. After being predicted major outsiders (Predicted to finish 20th) we made the playoffs again and won! Preseason saw us get out of our 250k debt and 250k into the green with just one friendly league. The season started well, me playing a counter attacking defensive game with resulting in us being just outside of the playoffs, I saw this as a chance to play more attacking, we were in form and playing like a team much better than ourselves. I kept countering attacking but putting more attacking roles on and the wins came streaming in. After Christmas we only lost three times and drew 4 times, I went with an all-out attack mentality for the last few games and we managed to get 3rd place and won through the playoffs! It proves that Form is more important than anything else during a season. Also we recorded our first cup victory! FA Trophy in the bag we were very happy!

Season      League  Pos    G   W   D   L   GF  GA  GD   Pts   |       FA Cup       |       FA Trophy   FA Trophy 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013   BSN     3rd    42  23  10  9   87  54  +33  79         4th Qual. Rnd.       3rd Round
2013/2014   BSP     20th   46  14  8   24  54  76  -22  50         4th Qual. Rnd.       2nd Round
2014/2015   BSP     3RD    46  23  13  10  68  43  +25  82         4th Qual. Rnd.       WINNERS

TABLE SQUAD TRANSFERS

Changes to the first team:

Ceyham Simsek replaced my ever aging centre backs Taylor and Terry (Both retiring) not the best centre back going but bags of potential (Not Nsaku quality) had a good season away from injuries but he will fight on!

Robert Carter YP01 is the first of my potential youth players to take a first team role! Not much needed to be said except for he will be the best midfielder next season, better than…

Anotni Sarcevic who delivered as I promised last season, taking charge of the role in CM and AM sometimes. Not the best performer every game (hence the best 11 bench position) but he certainly held down a first team role.

Gus Navarro, Wow, I didn’t see this coming from anywhere! When he was taken on he wasn’t even YP## quality but had potential, he played in the reserves last season and done a good job but this season I noticed he had the qualities of a Rooney of the lower leagues. So I trained him to be an AM and he was a hit, later when I changed to a 442 formation he took the striker role and scored more than Rainford! Despite his finish being between 2-4 he put them away with his head (Heading 10 Jumping 15) and got into great 1 on 1 positions (Off the ball 12 Composure 11) and scored a lot! And his potential moved up to 5* as well! My little gen of a striker.

Malcolm Jones YP03 was playing well in the Youth team so when Rainford got injured I thought he would do perfectly (Despite him being 5 Silver Star CA) any yes it worked, picking up goals nearly every game he was perfect, now he is my number 1 backup. However the bad news being his potential dropping to just 4 stars from the original 5.

I think you can agree I had a good year of integrationing youth!

Youth intake

Not the best to say the least just one Geoffrey Mutenza YP04 to talk about. Has all the skills and pace to make my bench but gets injured as soon as he joins the youth squad, next season maybe… Lots of players in positions I don't need cover for, I need full backs!

Daniel O’Toole YP02 made some appearances for the first team in Brains absence but was not up to his standard (Brain conceded less than 1 goal a game!) still, 8 league games 10 conceded isn’t bad!

Last Season Targets

· Mid table finish (above 15th) [COMPLETED IN STYLE]

· Improve finances/ Reduce wage bill (from £8k p/w to 6k) [iNCOMPLETE (Went up to 8.9k)]

· Improve youth recruiting once more [iNCOMPLETE (Board is a bitch to please)]

· Improve youth facilities (Currently rented) [COMPLETED (due 4/10/2015)]

· Retain current first team squad in the transfer window. [COMPLETED]

· Get 3 current youth players into the first team squad [COMPLETED (I count 4 including Sarcevic)]

Real struggle with the wage and recruiting, infact with promotion clauses wages are up to 12.4k!

Next Season Targets

· Avoid Relegation

· Improve finances/ Reduce wage bill (from £12.k p/w to 8k again)

· Improve youth recruiting once more

· Retain current first team squad in the transfer window

· Integrate another youth player into the first team and one into the subs

Drew- Dont accept anything. The quality of the player is worth way more to you than any money :). You never know when the next time you will get a quality full back like that as I imagine he will turn into a decent premier league player.
Wow what level of recruiting do you have? And how have you done so many seasons? :p

I'm just starting my 14th season, Youth Recruitment is at Fairly Basic, so the youngsters I get in are from East Anglia.
Wow you have been lucky then cos I can tell you everyone round here is crap at football ;) and HOW have you managed to play so many season?

And thanks ri, I think so too, shame about the injuries!

Archived