Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be starting up a game on this challenge soon. Is there a list anywhere of original BSP/BSN/BSS teams, or is it actually easier to check the graphs in game?

Looking forward to getting mine going :)

Edit:

Found a post in here explaining how to view promoted teams, I am sure I looked everywhere, obviously not hard enough.

I will start in the next 24 hours!

Margate FC - Season 2 - Final League Table - Fixtures 1 2 - Facilities - Transfers

This was the most boring season I've played in FM until March 13th. I got my wish for a striker in the forms of both Maciej Niedzwiecki (YP01) and Peter Gabriel (YP02). Since then it's been a lot more exciting with Maciej scoring 4 goals to end the season, which is hopefully a sign of things to come.

Year   Season   League   Final Pos.   Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Ag   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS       15th       12      15      15      42   55   -13   51
 2    2013/14    BSS       13th       13      13      16      42   53   -11   52

Slich- Its a shame that you are having a break but what a great season to end with!

Donald- it may have been dull but boring is a dam sight better than being relegated! some good prospects have made this a good season

I'll be joining in later today, just reloading until I get a side come up with less than 1000 reputation.

So far I have a save game with AFC Hornchurch - 1100 Rep, Hitchin Town - 1050 Rep & Hastings United 1000 rep & Adequate Junior Coaching.

Hastings United is really tempting me and they came up on the save game where AFC Hornchurch also came up.

I feel for sure that I am missing out on something here.

In all 4 of my pre-seasons so far, the only 'big' clubs who show up on the list of teams available to chose as friendly opponents start with B (Birmingham 30k receipts, Blackburn, Bolton and Bristol City all at 20k receipts).

If I try and set up a league with 3 of these 4 clubs I will only get around 70k (and then have to pay their appearance fees out of it).

How are you guys able to make so much money from pre-season friendlies and leagues?

Is my game bugged somehow?

Do you guys search for teams not listed in the drop down menus when creating a friendly?

Starting to hurt for cash and if I am missing something here, would be great to learn it in time for next pre-season :D

I didn't personally! I only had Birmingham Bolton Blackburn and Derby and the money I raised was phenomenal as the estimates don't take into account most these matches will be televised too, but only if it's a league not just a friendly!

Ri, i've decided to give my new youngster a special tag (SYP01) - Meaning Special Youth Player 01

I think we should tag players with this who are clearly something special? He's come in at 5 stars CA and 5 stars PA, with a coach saying he'll become a good Premier League player.

Alright, after failing with minows Truro (FM11) in my last attempt (Tony Hawker - I wouldn't recomend sub-1000 rep teams), I've decided to try again with one of the bigger teams. Not Salisbury, as I couldn't bear to pick a side with Professional status, but I will be taking over the next biggest reputation club... Sutton Utd

Have completed the first seaason, and will post the update shortly, however speaking of April fools, I did get this update, which had me thinking I'd hit the jackpot until I realised what day it was:

AprilFools.jpg

Well I've decided to go with Hastings United:

Manager Profile

Hastings United Overview

Hastings General Information

Hastings Facilities

Boardroom Overview

Squad

Key Players:

Emmanuel O'Kane (ST)

Karl Smith (AM/L)

We actually have quite a strong team and I'd be disappointed if we didn't survive.

Also, is there anything against organizing friendlies for every day?

Wow, amazing stats for a 15 year old!

And he's fairly consistent. What a beast, grats TM.

As for my game. I think this is the beginning of the end for my Margate side. I released first team players to make way for the youngsters...a bit too soon in hindsight. We're already in the relegation zone... It'll all come down to Mr. Sledgehammer I think. This is the first challenge I've had a go at, and the first tactic I've built that I've stuck with for so long.

I'll try to get Ashton Utd (900 rep, unlikely) next time I think. I'm sick of BSS.

And he's fairly consistent. What a beast, grats TM.

As for my game. I think this is the beginning of the end for my Margate side. I released first team players to make way for the youngsters...a bit too soon in hindsight. We're already in the relegation zone... It'll all come down to Mr. Sledgehammer I think. This is the first challenge I've had a go at, and the first tactic I've built that I've stuck with for so long.

I'll try to get Ashton Utd (900 rep, unlikely) next time I think. I'm sick of BSS.

Unlucky :( That's just unfortunate!

Thankfully, this is no April Fools :D Here is my not so special Youth Intake

Compared to last season, this years youth intake was disappointing apart from 2 players.

Brett Smart SYP01 Stats

Brett Smart SYP01 - Dubbed Next Michael Owen

Brett Smart SYP01 Report

Fantastic young player!

Now the hard part, to force yourself to drop him for games when he needs rest!

Finding it hard here with my young star! :D Have a home game coming up against 21st place, so finally feel comfortable giving the kid a weeks holiday rest after a run of 3 weeks with weekend and midweek games and he needing a rest.

Tony Hawker, I think Ri has spoken about this before at some point, it's not against the rules, but would prefer if you tried to keep things as realistic as possible, but like I said, not against the rules if you decide to :)

Thanks TM, I decided against every day friendlies, but I have organised 8 home friendlies against Championship & SPL teams, with 1 morale booster at the end, just beat the reserves 3-1 so it's a start!

Fantastic young player!

Now the hard part, to force yourself to drop him for games when he needs rest!

Finding it hard here with my young star! :D Have a home game coming up against 21st place, so finally feel comfortable giving the kid a weeks holiday rest after a run of 3 weeks with weekend and midweek games and he needing a rest.

Agreed, I haven't stopped playing him since I got him haha :D

Suttonunited.png

FM11 - Sutton United FC 2011/12 Season Update - Blue Square Bet South - Marky Mark!

2011/12 - BSS, 1st, FA Trophy 2nd Round, BSS Champions!

42 Pld, 24 Won, 12 Drn, 6 Lst, 94 For, 50 Ag, +44 GD, 84 Pts

League / Domestic Cups

After having managed a paper thin Truro squad which constantly required top-ups from the U18 side, I was blown away with the depth of the Sutton United squad, with plenty of players in every position (except for GK, which was very weak), and they even had 3 current international players (from the might nations of Eritrea (182nd), Suriname (128th), and Gambia (118th)). With this squad, I entered the season hoping for promotion at the first attempt, and that's exactly what happened, clinching the title with one game to go!

2012 League Table and Graph

Despite the good form in the league, this didn't equate to good cup runs, being knocked out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle and only reaching the 2nd Round of the FA Trophy

Star Players

BSS Player of the Season - Simon Whaley

Of the 3 Sutton Utd players nominated for BSS Player of the season, I thought that 27 year old winger Whaley was the least worthy winner, but that said, his physical and technical attributes are amazing for this level. At 27 he is one of the older players in the starting XI, but should have a few good years left before he needs replacing

Fan's Player of the Season - Oliver Nicholas

This 20 year old Eritrean central defender, a product of the Arsenal youth system, was also nominated for BSS Player of the Season, and in my opinion was the best player in the squad, which at 20 years old is quite an achievement. Not only that, but he has already been called up for Eritrea, and despite only playing 1 game has been made captain. He has great physical attributes for a 20 year old, and his average rating of 7.43 was a new club record.

Top Goalscorer - Martin Reilly

The third player to be nominated for BSS Player of the Season, this 25 year old Irish striker is probably not in the same league as the top two players, but still too good for the BSS, and with 25 goals and 13 assists from 44 appearances at 7.16, he was by far Sutton's top goalscorer.

Best U18 Player - Gary White

Unlike my experience with Truro where I was forced to blood a host of U18 players, due to the depth of the squad I inherited I wasn't made to play any U18 players, and therefore 16 year old right back Gary White was the only U18 player to make an appearance for the senior team, and the 2 appearances he did make were the last two games of the season, when the title race was over. Whilst his current attributes aren't anything flash, my coach thinks he has the potential to be a good BSP right back, so let's see what happens.

2012 Seasonal Best XI

Finances

Despite being $4k under my $9k / week wage budget, I still managed to post a $250k loss, but with any luck I should be able to recoup that in the BSP next season!

2012 Finances

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Basic

Despite inheriting quite a talented squad, I was still very glad to take out the BSS title and avoid the pain of having to go through the playoffs, but next season will be the real test - my next batch of youth players aren't setting the world on fire, so I will be looking for more improvement from my inherited squad that did so well this season.

Also, is there anything against organizing friendlies for every day?

I personally don't play that way (in fact, I let my assistant manager arrange all my friendlies), but each to their own - there's nothing explicitly stated in the rules about it.

Another thing I do, to add an extra challenge (something that was in the rules, but has been dropped this year) is not hire any external staff either, but rather try and move my existing players onto staff contracts at the end of their playing career (currently I have 1 player/assistant manager, 1 coach, and no physio!). Does anyone else do this or any other 'optional' challenges?

I personally don't play that way (in fact, I let my assistant manager arrange all my friendlies), but each to their own - there's nothing explicitly stated in the rules about it.

Another thing I do, to add an extra challenge (something that was in the rules, but has been dropped this year) is not hire any external staff either, but rather try and move my existing players onto staff contracts at the end of their playing career (currently I have 1 player/assistant manager, 1 coach, and no physio!). Does anyone else do this or any other 'optional' challenges?

I do feel a bit dirty for my pre-season friendly leagues. I've never done it before, and I'd rather not do it again.

I'm getting my just desserts now though. With my star YP breaking his leg, and my current league position.

I am thinking of quitting Margate, then having another go with a different team after trying to improve my tactical prowess.

Edit: At least we're not Liverpool. <<<< Match of the Day 2 spoiler

I remember this rule from the first time round and I almost used it but decided against it since I'm still learning about the new team talk feature so signed an Ass man with 18 motivation. On the look out for one with tactical knowledge and JPA next so they can help me out with OIs!

Lowestoft Town - Season 1

Correct database:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/869/footballmanager2012newg.png

Manager:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5043/gameyouthchallengeaddne.png

Proof of 24th

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3492/barrygarynewsinbox.png

I will be posting season summaries and youth intakes in this thread and posting a detailed thread Here

Started off by hiring a fitness coach and organising 2 money grabbing tournaments :)

Season 2015 - 2016 End Of Season Report

Chester - League 2 - First Season

This was my first season in League 2 and the Football Leagues, a massive achievement for the club! Initially, I knew that this would be a very tough season and I set myself a few goals which I will now outline...

Season 2015/2016 Goals

1. Avoid Relegation - Achieved
  2. Wages Below 10k - Achieved (Below 8k)
  3. Have a player score a hatrick - Not Achieved
  4. Maintain Good Finances - Achieved (£748k)

League Table - League 2 | Fixtures - January To June | Squad - Team Stats | Youth Intake - March 2016

A very strong end to the season after a run of only 1 win in 16 games, we won 4 out of our last 6! The victory over Stevenage ensured our survival from relegation as they were 23rd and we won that match in style! We were also the team to end Exeter's hopes of survival after our 1 - 0 victory ensured their relegation from League 2. Finally, to prove how many strides we've made over the last 2 seasons, we managed to beat Luton (4-2) in our last game of the season. Some of you may remember my infamous loss to Luton 3 seasons ago in the BSP, where we lost 8 - 0! This was a sort of pay back for this growing squad of players.

On another note, I am unsure if my actions at the end of last season and the start of this season may have been the reason why we struggled this season, letting several original players leave and bringing through my YP's + other youth players, but we will never know and despite our problems, I feel I have done the right thing, as this should secure our long term plan. The original players were getting old and the only way I could see us securing our future was to go with the youth players development, whether they were YP's or not.

League Cup

Our first venture into the League Cup, with our first opponent in Round 1 being Huddersfield Town! As you would imagine, we didn't fair too well against this Championship side, beaten 2 - 0... I feel the scoreline was respectable considering the major revamp I had put in place.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

2nd Round North: Bury 0 - 1 Chester

Quarter Final North: Bradford 0 - 0 Chester (W - Penalties)

Semi Final North: Carlisle 1 - 0 Chester

We were knocked out by a very good side in Carlisle and I think that we did well to reach the Semi-Final North! Hopefully next season we can step it up a notch.

FA Cup

1st Round: Dag & Red 1 - 2 Chester

2nd Round: Crawley 1 - 1 Chester

2nd Round Replay: Chester 2 - 1 Crawley (After ET)

3rd Round: Luton 0 - 0 Chester

3rd Round Replay: Chester 1 - 0 Luton (After ET)

4th Round: Bournemouth 2 - 1 Chester

Once again we reached the FA Cup 4th Round and this time round we got lucky with the draw, with League 1 Bournemouth the only thing standing in our way of reaching a record 5th round! Unfortunately, they were just too good for us... Despite the scoreline only being 2 - 1, they dominated every area of the pitch and the scoreline flattered us really. Unfortunately this meant that we didn't get the sort of money we were looking for and I wish we had been drawn against a bigger side.

Club Finances | Club Transfers | Junior Coaching Upgrade

This season, our club finances have dropped, but we are still going very strong in that department thankfully and to top of our season of survival, we got some brilliant news on 1st June, as the board accepted my request of an upgrade to the Junior Coaching, bringing us up to Exceptional! Very pleased with this outcome!

This seasons YP Watch

Gary Beckford YP01

Manuele De Petrillo YP02

Rod Delfouneso YP03

Kyle Pope YP04

Christian Walsh YP05

Ciaran Wood YP06

Eric Davidson YP07

Brett Smart SYP01

This season brings in YP07 (Eric Davidson - CM) and a newly tagged SYP01 (Brett Smart)

Season      Division   Position   Achievement
2012/2013   BSN        2nd        Promotion Via Playoffs
2013/2014   BSP        13th       Mid-Table
2014/2015   BSP        4th        Promotion Via Playoffs
2015/2016   L2         18th       Avoided Relegation

Life is about to become more difficult than I had planned, with John Danby (my goalkeeper) deciding to hang up his boots are 34 years old, despite a last minute attempt to try to convince him to play on... I've now got no keeper with experience or the ability for League 2 :( I have my youth goalkeepers, but i'm unsure how things will turn out.

Life is about to become more difficult than I had planned, with John Danby (my goalkeeper) deciding to hang up his boots are 34 years old, despite a last minute attempt to try to convince him to play on... I've now got no keeper with experience or the ability for League 2 :( I have my youth goalkeepers, but i'm unsure how things will turn out.
Damn Unlucky! That's why I was happy to get a 5* PA keeper through as my keeper is over 30 now too!

Unfortunately, my FC United of Manchester save is no more. Had a problem with the computer, and it is gone... which was so annoying as it was going pretty well. :mad:

So, I have managed to get a new computer, and am starting this challenge again, but with a different team.

Yes, I have gone with Chester like many others, but hopefully a push for promotion early can be good.

Here is my profile

I have also managed to get the board to agree to upgrade Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching already as well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDdLTbSorRhybouLeI6aczFD7SKxmn_  MHEss4SHQgFL6-CzINJPg

Carshalton Atheltic Do The Double!!!!!

League

Well Well Well to my surprise we were sitting pretty close to the top then started to turn the pressure on Hereford who started to falter and it all hung on the last game of season i had the 2 point advantage over them and i knew i had to win if i wanted to win the League we were playing my hometown team Darlington so i thought to myself that it was going to bite me on my A** but it didnt and we ran it out 1-0 after a few squeeky bum moments we deserved the titile and it was a big surprise to me that we managed to win the league

Team Stats

Player Stats

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Oscar Ward - awesome this year would like to see more goals but his stats are pretty good

Marvelous Baah - once again a truly awesome player for me

FA Cup 4th round knocked out by Wigan 3-1

FA Trophy - Winners

Final

[video=youtube_share;x_NQc1huki4]

Youth Intake

YP03

First international Cap

Ambitions for next season : Survive

Hendon 2019/20 - BSP

League Table : Fantastic never dropped out of the top 3 and won the title on the final game on sheer goal differnece.

Fa Cup : out at first try

Fa Trophy : cant believe i won this. what a great run. had to play crewe who i beat to the title on GD and destroyed em 4-0

Squad : Worried about the amount conceded, that is prob due to the goalie being only 17, more experience should help him. but the amount of goals scored was ridiculous. i retrained my 2 strikers to play in the wings which both were already competant at and changed the tactics to try and help the defence, it worked as i conceded less in the final few games.

Youth Intake : very pleased with this one a good goalie and ST with hopefully some Mc's will come through. 2 players get tags this year

Oumar Gourieer YP08 : REPORT very promising GK expected to far exceed my current GK.

Lionel Rutherford YP09 : REPORT can play AMR/L/ST so very ideal for my new tactic, had a few games in the end season scored a few looks very promising

Key Player

Leke Ndah : lethal infront of goal scored from the centre and both wings.

Samuel Wood YP04: same as Leke clinical. between these 2 ST's 10 Hattricks were scored (Dig a Tactical Master :))

And the Board Announce : this might put the club in a bit of debt eek!

And of course TRANSFERS

HENDONS YOUTH CAREER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEAR	LEAGUE	POS	PTS	PROM/REL  	FA CUP		OTHER
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/13	BSS	18TH	43	N/A		4TH QUALS
13/14	BSS	17TH	41	N/A		2ND QUALS
14/15	BSS	14TH	49	N/A		1ST RND
15/16	BSS	5TH	69	PLYOFF SEMI	3RD QUALS
16/17	BSS	16TH	53	N/A		3RD RND
17/18	BSS	7TH	68	N/A		4TH QUALS
18/19	BSS	1ST	90	WINNERS		2ND QUALS
19/20	BSP	1ST	85	WINNERS		4TH QUALS	FA TROPHY WINNERS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUTH PLAYERS OVER 200 APPS

------------Name-----------------------Appearances-----------Goals---------------Assists-----------Average Rating--------
---------------------------------------------------------GK: Goals Conc-----GK: Clean Sheets-----------------------------

Laurent Friend  (YP02) (ST)      213 (242)         56 (61)             41 (47)              6.89
       (2013-Present)

Domininc Bass          (DRC)     211 (241)         1  (1)              6  (6)               6.80

Key: league (all competitions)

Next season:

survive the L2 and try and get a good fa cup run going. i need money money. this season not 1 original player will remain the entire team will be made up from youth.

Just went on a 3 win streak and I lose my 2 full backs to injury, my ONLY backup comes on and gets injured too. Then have a player controversially sent off and my GK is injured in training.... all in one week. This is going to be fun!

I'm coming up to the end of the 2017/18 season with Northwich, and the axe will fall on a lot of players in June.

I've just had a count, and all the teams (U18, reserves and first team), I have 73 players! :eek: 6 Keepers (1 will go), and 67 outfield players (about 30 will go)!

Oh, and my highest earner will be leaving the club, so that will be £600/week saved straight away.

While I'm at it, I'll stake my claim for a Hall of fame place.

Clean sheets by a youth keeper in a season - Bradley Power YP02-2. 17 in 2016/17 I'll upload the proof at the end of the season, but at the current rate, he could beat that record, as he has 15 already this season, and 5 games left to play (could be 7 or 8 yet, but it's looking doubtful we'll make the playoffs now.)

Archived