Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

I desperately need a goal scorer!

While my defenders (after a rocky start) are doing their bit by only conceding 27 in 21 games (all competitions), and only 3 in the last 5 games. My players between them have only scored 10 goals in those 21 games!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Season 2 is in the books and talk about going from one extreme to the other.....

Full season review later tonight when the kid is in bed.

Just wanted to post to ask a question, although the_greyham seems to have inadvertently answered it for him in the post above.

My main player is my FC, but he is on 575 a week (highest at the club by 200) and is entering his last year. He will renew, but not without taking a lot more from me. Have others just given in to existing players and put themselves in financial difficulties or sold them off to let the youth push through?

Currently thinking of letting him go this summer and seeing if I can get anything for him (value is 16k currently). Even if he goes on a free, it saves me 29,640 in wages for the upcoming season.

Wanting to play this as real as possible, and with the club now 20,000 in the red I want to try and keep us afloat.

Well last night got away from me, so my season 2 update will be tonight now.

I was able to play a couple of games at the start of season 3 in between other things and have an odd feeling.

A much slower start to the season compared to the lightening starts the first two years, but it feels like it has more substance to it.

Youth is out in full force. Of the 10 youths I have tagged so far (5 from each of my two intakes) 8 started one match and the other 2 were on the bench.

Wage bill is down from around 2,800 pw to 1,782 pw.

If I managed to develop a couple of DMs or MCs here this year, there is another 600-900 pw I could clear from the books in expiring contracts

Ended up letting my main FC Malson go. Didn't receive a fee for him, but I have a clause for 35% of his next transfer. He went to League 2 football, so hoping he shines and gets a big money move :)

I want to try this challenge but I have 2 questions:

1) Did someone have problems with contracts in future years? For example, year 2014, 5 players don't want to sign new contracts and you have only 16-18 players for the new season (and with such things as injuries - this situation sucks...)

2) Is this Game Status OK? I really like to see the development of football in FM, so that's why I chose so many leagues.

End Of Season Report - Chester - Season 2014/2015

Please Note: I have decided to add a little bit extra to my updates now with "Video's & Commentary". I will still have screenshots available as requested, but all the detail will go into the video as I feel that reading reports can sometimes be boring for people, unless you like reading!

For best results, view in 720p HD and Full Screen

[video=youtube;NxfNfbux1q4]

Important Images

Blue Square Bet Premier Table

Transfers

Finances

Chester Squad

Youth Intake Images

Youth Intake 2014/2015

Gary Beckford YP01

Manuele De Petrillo YP02

Rod Delfouneso YP03

Kyle Pope YP04

Christian Walsh YP05

Ciaran Wood YP06

Season Verdict: A brilliant season that has seen us get promoted to League 2! Very pleased with the squad this season and over the moon with this seasons youth intake, with 4 players who I think will definately make the grade! Next season will be extremely difficult, but hopefully this squad i've been assembling will become better as the season goes along.

Season      Division   Position   Achievement

2012/2013   BSN        2nd        Promotion Via Playoffs
2013/2014   BSP        13th       Mid-Table
2014/2015   BSP        4th        Promotion Via Playoffs

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Prem. 2017/2018

Table - Pretty crap season tbh, especially after last season, we couldn't score to save our life, and we let in goals like it was no tomorrow, I definitely need to come up with a half decent tactic over the summer if we are to improve next season.

Squad

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 average season from the keeper, and with no half decent replacement from the youth intake, he'll continue in goal next season.

Callum Foulkes YP2 not as good as previous seasons, but still managed to get into double figures.

Rob McVarish YP3 another average season, seeing as I'll only go one up front next season, I might get rid.

Glen Franks YP4 solid at the back, and scored a few, same next season please.

Ollie Driver YP5 decent enough, and still has plenty of room and time to improve.

Christian Frew YP6 decent enough for a debut season, will play a bigger role next season though.

Kenny Stockwell played okay in the games he was given, will try and get him more next season.

Finances

Proof that I don't cheat

Season 2016/17 - Carshalton Athletic

Promotion!

League Table - Another great season resulting in back to back promotions to League 2! I started off with a counter tactic which I quickly changed due to a string of bad results and I never really looked back. I changed it to an attacking tactic which I think caught all the other teams in the league out and, as you can see, we scored.. lots. We ended up playing the I-can-score-one-more-than-you tactic, we had quite a few 4-3 finishes to games. We almost threw the title away with it going down to the last game of the season where we won and Cambridge lost meaning we were Champions!

Finances- Not doing as well this season, mainly because of the Junior Coaching but also the upgrade in youth facilities. But we should go professionall now we are in the Football League.

Squad - Here are the magic men..

Youth Players - Anthony Freeman YP02: What a player this guy is. He got top scorer in the BSP this season and has just signed a new deal which is great because if we survive next season it will be mainly because of him

Ross Hale YP03: Could not stop setting up goals. And I'm hoping he can continue it on a higher stage.

Jamie Humphrey YP04: Did alright. Can't blame all the conceded goals on him as we have pretty poor defence.

Calvin Coddingtown YP05: Didn't play many games and is not happy. I am considering cashing in on him as when he has played he hasn't played well.

Josh Brazier YP06: Played 2nd violin to Freeman but nonetheless he's a good player but he didn't hit the target as much as I'd have thought/liked him to.

Ibrahim Tran YP07: Playing well in the Centre of midfield. Hopefully he can kick on at a higher level.

Youth Intake: Very poor as I said earlier so I am trying to improve the Youth Recruitment to see if that will affect the intake more.

Transfers: Not Guilty, y'Honour.

Next Season: Hopefully with the new Professional Status we can push on and start to see some real changes in the younger players. I'd also quite like to not get relegated but we'll see about that.

[font=Helvetica]Season             League          Position  
[/font]12/13         BSS        18th    
13/14         BSS        15th
14/15         BSS        11th
15/16         BSS        5th - Promoted
16/17         BSP        1st - Promoted

TWFL, fantastic stuff to gain promotion in your first season in the BSP! It makes you wonder how you spent 4 seasons in the BSS :D Freeman is just an absolute beast! Welcome to League 2 :)

News from my end in League 2, i've created a new tactic which is based around defending with 4 across the back, 2 DM's, a RM & LM and 2 strikers. Basically i'm relying a lot on the 2 strikers to produce magic as the rest of the players are fairly defensive, with the RM and LM looking for early crosses rather than running with the ball too much. I've also got the team attempting short passing and at times it is similar to that of the Barcelona tactics on the forum :) Eventually I do want to create an attacking tactic with Barcelona style play, but at the moment we aren't good enough for that.

Here are a few results under the tactic in League 2...

L2: Chester 2 - 2 Port Vale - Came from 2 - 0 down back to 2 - 2 with a fantastic display from Beckford with a brace.

LC: Huddersfield 2 - 0 Chester - We were never going to win this one, they are a top Championship side! Kept the score respectable.

L2: Bradford 1 - 0 Chester - Gave this a real go, but Bradford are a top team in League 2.

L2: Chester 2 - 0 Cheltenham - I expected us to get something from this match and we delivered! Walsh and Beckford with the goals.

L2: Shrewsbury 3 - 4 Chester - This was an insane match and our defending was better than it appears on the scoreline! Shrewsbury are good at attacking, but it seems we are better and Pope came on at half time to score within a minute of being on the pitch and possibly one of the goals of the season! Beckford scored a brace and the other was an own goal which I felt Beckford got a touch to. Fantastic match :)

Hendon 2015/16 mid-season report

Much of the same as last season really. Our record is solid if unspectacular, but at the halfway point we do have an 11 point cushion over the bottom three, and I do think the current bottom three are worse off than us, so safety should be achievable again.

Our cup runs however have been much better, and in the end of season report, you shall see what I mean. I'm building it up now... :p

TWFL, fantastic stuff to gain promotion in your first season in the BSP! It makes you wonder how you spent 4 seasons in the BSS :D Freeman is just an absolute beast! Welcome to League 2

News from my end in League 2, i've created a new tactic which is based around defending with 4 across the back, 2 DM's, a RM & LM and 2 strikers. Basically i'm relying a lot on the 2 strikers to produce magic as the rest of the players are fairly defensive, with the RM and LM looking for early crosses rather than running with the ball too much. I've also got the team attempting short passing and at times it is similar to that of the Barcelona tactics on the forum :) Eventually I do want to create an attacking tactic with Barcelona style play, but at the moment we aren't good enough for that.

Here are a few results under the tactic in League 2...

L2: Chester 2 - 2 Port Vale - Came from 2 - 0 down back to 2 - 2 with a fantastic display from Beckford with a brace.

LC: Huddersfield 2 - 0 Chester - We were never going to win this one, they are a top Championship side! Kept the score respectable.

L2: Bradford 1 - 0 Chester - Gave this a real go, but Bradford are a top team in League 2.

L2: Chester 2 - 0 Cheltenham - I expected us to get something from this match and we delivered! Walsh and Beckford with the goals.

L2: Shrewsbury 3 - 4 Chester - This was an insane match and our defending was better than it appears on the scoreline! Shrewsbury are good at attacking, but it seems we are better and Pope came on at half time to score within a minute of being on the pitch and possibly one of the goals of the season! Beckford scored a brace and the other was an own goal which I felt Beckford got a touch to. Fantastic match :)

Haha I was amazed myself! It was all down to going for it and trying to score as many as possible which seemed to work like a charm :D

I'm not quite sure what to do in League 2. Whether to go for it like I did in BSP or go safe and do what your doing which seems to be working well so far..

Haha I was amazed myself! It was all down to going for it and trying to score as many as possible which seemed to work like a charm :D

I'm not quite sure what to do in League 2. Whether to go for it like I did in BSP or go safe and do what your doing which seems to be working well so far..

Looks like it definately worked for you :D

I did try go for it aswell in BSP and it worked to a certain extent, especially in the play-offs. Like I said though, I think League 2 is going to be so much harder and a more cautious approach is probably needed and with players like Beckford and Pope up front, I think we have a chance to do well.

My prayers have been answered!

Just got my youth intake for Northwich, and the 2 positions I needed players for most have produced!

In fact, I think this is the best ever youth intake I've ever had!

Screen shot coming up at the end of the season.

I just discovered the hard way how cautious and defensive I'm going to need to be. I just lost 5-0 to Gillingham, who are in League 2, in a Friendly Match. Panic.

EDIT: Oh big, massive panicking going on here now. Ipswich have just made a £500,000 offer for my best YP Anthony Freeman and it has been accepted because he has a release clause of 500k in his contract. Uh oh.

2nd EDIT: Panic into overdrive. He's gone. I tried sucking up to him but he accepted the contract within 24hours... So much for loyalty :(

The Legend that was Anthony Freeman/Me trying to get more things in HoF ;)

He made 161 League Appearances and scored 111 league goals in a very successful career for us.

He has made the most appearances for Carshalton out of all the YPs and it'll tough to replace him.

He is the highest sold YP (all the others went for nada).

And this is the guy that'll try and replace him: Chris McLean, it's going to be a long season.

I just discovered the hard way how cautious and defensive I'm going to need to be. I just lost 5-0 to Gillingham, who are in League 2, in a Friendly Match. Panic.

EDIT: Oh big, massive panicking going on here now. Ipswich have just made a £500,000 offer for my best YP Anthony Freeman and it has been accepted because he has a release clause of 500k in his contract. Uh oh.

2nd EDIT: Panic into overdrive. He's gone. I tried sucking up to him but he accepted the contract within 24hours... So much for loyalty :(

Thats what we have to look forward to as we move through the leagues unfortunately :(

Being cautious just allowed me to steal a 1 - 1 draw against Bury! We had 2 shots to their 22 shots! It was a Kyle Pope YP04 winner as a super sub again :D

Thats what we have to look forward to as we move through the leagues unfortunately :(

Being cautious just allowed me to steal a 1 - 1 draw against Bury! We had 2 shots to their 22 shots! It was a Kyle Pope YP04 winner as a super sub again :D

I'm expecting/hoping for a lot of those sort of games. As long as I don't get smashed I'll be happy :p

Ho-hum.... Here we go. My keeper has just been sent off after a bad decision by the ref. After I lay into the ref during the post match press conference, the FA remain silent, because the TV replay shows the ref got it wrong, so I appeal.

However, the appeal hasn't been heard at all (bug?), so it's a moot point if the red card is rescinded or not, as it would only be a 1 match ban anyway.

9889.png

HENDON FC

2015/16 Season

Blue Square South

Media Prediction - 18th

Finished - 19th - Table

Top Scorer - Matthew Reeves (12)

FA Cup

2nd Quali Round		Hendon 4-2 Hemel Hempstead Town
3rd Quali Round		Hendon 0-0 Rushall Olympic
3rd Quali Round Replay	Rushall Olympic 1-2 Hendon
4th Quali Round		Hendon 1-1 St Albans City
4th Quali Round Replay	St Albans City 0-2 Hendon
1st Round		Hendon 1-4 MK Dons

FA Trophy

3rd Quali Round		Bridgwater Town 0-4 Hendon
1st Round		Eastleigh 1-1 Hendon
1st Round Replay	Hendon 3-3 Eastleigh aet (Hendon win 4-3 on penalties)
2nd Round		Hendon 0-4 Sutton United

Transfers - I'm no fackin' wheelah dealah

Final squad v Woking Pt 1 - Pt 2

Well. What a season. A season that has been blighted by a frought ending, near misses, and a final day escape. We went into the final match against Woking (6th) in the relegation zone, with the very real prospect of winning and being relegated, or drawing and staying up. It all depended on results for Truro and St Albans. The match was a nail-biter to say the least! Luckily for us, St Albans lost to Boreham Wood, so they went down on goal difference. Phew!

The season featured our best run in the cup since I took up the challenge, managing to reach the FA Cup proper to meet MK Dons at home. They outplayed us though, with our only shot on goal being our consolation. I do feel we should have at least run them closer, considering the Met Police somehow managed to reach Round 2 and subsequently take Derby to a replay! The cup run did boost the coffers though.

One sad note however. Our top scorer last season, Elliott Godfrey, tore a hamstring in pre-season, which put him out for 3 months. Three games into his comeback, he broke his leg, and that was him out for the season, and taking into account his age, it seems his best days are over. If he takes a pay cut, I may keep him, but it seems that it will be farewell to a loyal servant of 127 games.

The Youth Prospects

Matthew Reeves - Our top scorer this season. Still not the finished article, and did well to reach double figures considering the state of the team. A double hernia in mid-season set him back however, but came back to help the club fight off relegation. Undisputed starter for much of the season, and hopefully next season brings further success.

Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
14/15	7(1)	3	2	0	6.90
15/16	32(1)	12	4	1	6.70

Damien Foster - Disappointing. Given plenty of time to shine due to Reeves' injury, and I definitely expected a better return than a 9% SOT ratio. Will have to step up his game for next season.

Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
15/16	5(4)	0	0	0	6.36

Christos Alexandrou - Again expected more, and mainly played due to inconsistent form of our first choice left back. Hopefully the game time this season will have done him good.

Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
14/15	1	0	0	0	6.70
15/16	19	0	1	0	6.54

One more player from the Class of 2015 was given a chance to shine this season, again due to injury. Danny Pape ably stepped into centre back at the sharp end of the season, and provides welcome back-up to the centre back position.

Welcome to Hendon

Class of 2016

Once again, a solid crop of youngsters, and more players to fill positions with no depth too.

Sergio Mario - DM. Already decent CA, and a high PA. Filled in for a few games due to an injury for Herbert, and after a shaky start, settled into the role well. Expect him to challenge for the first team next season.

Apps	Gls	Asts	MoM	AvRat
15/16	5(1)	0	0	0	6.67

Harry Barrett - GK. Finally a good young goalkeeper! Hopefully he develops well and can fill into a position where we are pretty much confined to one player that's prone to errors.

Progress

Carshalton

Season	League	Pos	W	D	L	GF	GA	GD	Pts
12/13	BSS	14	13	12	17	58	69	-11	51
13/14	BSS	22	5	11	26	41	79	-38	26

Hendon

Season	League	Pos	W	D	L	GF	GA	GD	Pts
14/15	BSS	18	15	7	20	51	63	-12	52
15/16	BSS	19	10	12	20	47	65	-18	42

Next season

Hopefully we can stabilise further, and maybe secure safety a bit sooner than this season! More cup runs would be nice too to boost the coffers before our planned new stadium is built. Then who knows what the future will hold for Hendon!

Weymouth_Badge_2011-2012.jpg

Weymouth FC Summary - Season 2013-14

Goals For The Season Were

* Sticking to the 4 year per division game plan, solidify the club with a mid table finish (9th - 14th). (Very Close)

* Develop the youths. (Achieved)

* Reduce the wage bill further, by letting fringe players contracts run out and promoting up youth. (Achieved)

* Operate on a profit (Close, but no)

* Win a cup game! (Yes!)

I had originally started to write that this season was a rollercoaster, but that would imply multiple ups and downs. No, this was more a climb up a mountain and then a full tumble all the way down the other side!

A final league position of 15th, just falling short of my own 9th-14th target was in reality not a bad season for a squad that the media had predicted a 20th place finish for.

The feeling of opportunity lost though was strong due to the fantastic opening months of the season and our first mini cup run.

As you can see from the chart below, the first 15-18 games had the relegation favorites challenging for the top spot and for a run of 3 weeks the top 3 teams were tied on points.

During this time we also made our way through the first 3 qualifying rounds of the FA Cup to make an appearance in the 1st round proper, where we had a home tie against non league Colwyn Bay. Hopes were high of progressing, but a disappointing 0-0 draw against a determined 10 men meant a replay. A very disappointing 4-1 defeat crushed us and an FA Trophy elimination in our next game started a death spiral that was hard to pull out of.

The squad was still relatively thin and a horrendous injury list mounted, ruling out a change in personnel, so multiple tactical tweaks were attempted to halt the slide.

1 win between late November and the penultimate game of the season saw us slide as far as we possibly could. Thankfully due tot he great start this was not into any real relegation dogfight, but the threat began to loom.

season2leagueprogress.png

Finally the slide began to ease, with 5 draws on the bounce and then a resounding 4-0 win on the last but one game of the season gave everyone, including the manager a lift.

One of the new youth intake officially announced his arrival with a hat-trick in this game (Geoff Pritchett YP 2b) and set in motion the eventual departure of our incumbent FC who was listed as a Favored Personnel on our club information page.

The upside to the season was the continued emergence of the first seasons youth intake and the injection of attacking options that our new intake provided.

Below are the stats for this past season.

Jake Jordon played well, as his YP 1a tag would hope for, although he was harassed by injuries all season. For me, the most pleasing development was from Callum Moore, who I had tagged as the 5th most promising 1st season intake (with tag YP 1e) as he was a very steady and constant presence at left back.

Three of the newly tagged youth intake failed to make first team appearances in the short period of time since they arrived, but they are all looking to get a lot of action in the next season due to letting established, high wage contracts expire.

(My YP tagging shows the year they appeared [the number] and the ranking I gave them in order of how well they would do [the letter]. So YP 1a arrived in season 1 and was that years best prospect. YP 2d arrived in season 2 and was our 4th best prospect)

===============================================================================================

Season 2 - 2013/14   -   Ordered by average rating

Youth Name       YP Tag   Position  Apperances   Goals   Assists  MOMs   Yel   Red  Avg Rating
Geoff Pritchett    2b       FC         8           4        1       1     3     0      7.13
Jake Jordon        1a       AMLC      32 (1)       7       11       3     5     0      6.89
Callum Moore       1e       DL        43           0        1       1     7     0      6.84
Paul Brown         1c       DR        31 (2)       0        3       4     0     0      6.78
Rob Neal           1b       AMR       37           3        5       2     3     0      6.72
Martin Richards    1d       AMC       23 (15)      6        2       1     2     0      6.68
Charles Robinson   2a       FC         5 (2)       0        0       0     2     0      6.47
Dominic Michie     2c       AML        0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00
Mark Keddie        2d       DC         0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00
Steven Brown       2e       DMC        0           0        0       0     0     0      0.00

===============================================================================================

Year by Year Progress

Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS         13th        17      5       20     70       78     -8    56
 2    2013/14    BSS         15th        13     13       16     51       49     +2    52

Season 3 (2014/15) Goals

* Challenge for promotion (2nd-8th)

* Reduce wage bill (currently 2800 pw)

* Develop more youth into first team players

* Operate in the black

* Win a game in January! (sadly in both season so far I have yet to win a game in January)

Oh, and season 2's transfer proof!

TWFL- The only other thing Freeman could get in for is most paid for a youth player, but I expect that others will overtake that so I'm not going to put it up yet. Save the screenshot incase though :)

Conman- A great update and a good last day in staying up. Could you put a code in for your seasonal progress please? also, what tactic are you using, just interested :)

Braumiller- Another solid midtable and it puts you in a good position to push for the playoffs.

2013-2014 Bury Town Quick Midseason Update

League Table - Challenging for a promotion spot, its been a pretty good year only having one loss up this point. We have to play a bit better to avoid having as many draws though.

Cups - We had a decent run in the FA cup against some easy teams before getting unceremoniously wrecked by the League 1 side Rotherham. It was the third straight year for Bury Town to get knocked in the Round 1 Proper, second year with me in charge. We'll soon face BSP side Stockport in FA trophy 2nd round, and hopefully we can make it a good game

Squad Status - For our squad, its been more of a collective effort as our leading goal scorer is our right winger, whose finally figured out how to use his speed to grab 13 goals. Unfortunately, Sam Reed, our main man from last year, had a huge drop in attributes from his broken leg and hes gone from a 5 star to a 2 star player in 6 months. Bailey Donaldson YP01 didn't drop as much as he only dropped from 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 silver stars, but hes been passed up as the most promising youth as three different youngsters from the same year have risen from 1 silver star to 3.5-4 silver stars after solid performances filling in for the backline

Drew the Cookie Eater - Decent intake. Tony Ennis looks very good already and I find they are the type of players needed to keep things tight at this level.

slich - Great first half of the season. Thin line sometimes between draws turning to wins or losses and it can be suprising how the draws can be key to how a season ends up.

Donaldoholic - Good luck with Margate. Should be a decent test as one of the harder teams so far. Nice to see different teams.

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square Prem. 2018/2019.

Table - POW! Never thought this would happen, after last years poor season, I would have been pleased to have finished in the top half of the table let alone win the bloomin' thing, only concern I have for next season is that although the potential of the squad is there, the current ability of the players might not be good enough to stay up, but only time will tell.

Squad

Aradavan Dobinson YP1 had an okay season, as you can tell from the 3* I don't think he'll be good enough for League Two, although I do have a good enough backup in Bentley.

Callum Foulkes YP2 had a fantastic season, 20 goals in all competitions, although he isn't the best technically, his physical and mental attributes make him a very hard player to play against, which causes all kinds of problems for the opposition.

Rob McVarish YP3 had an awful season, I will release him in the summer as I have decent backups.

Glen Franks YP4 had a solid season at the back, and I will look to him to do more of the same next season.

Ollie Driver YP5 a fantastic season from the youngster, getting into double figures for the season, he's just torn his calf muscle so I won't have him back until January at the latest, massive blow for us.

Christian Frew YP6 pulled the strings in the middle of the park, playing behind Foulkes or Driver, scored a few goals, and will look to do the same in League Two.

Kenny Stockwell YP7 had a decent season, may not have the best stats, but his physical stats were vital for us this season.

Tony Ennis YP8 played well in the games he was given, and is now a Ireland U19 international :D we seem to have a few internationals now, with a Greek and Turk.

Finances - Junior Coaching is costing us £100k a month, although money spinning friendlies should sort this out for a while.

Proof I'm not cheating

Year   Season   League   Final Position  Wins   Draws   Losses   For   Against   GD   Pts
 1    2012/13    BSS         9th         18      9       15     50       45     +5    63
 2    2013/14    BSS         4th         23     10        9     59       37     +22   79
 3    2014/15    BSS         3rd         20     16        9     50       40     +10   76
 4    2015/16    BSS         1st         21     17        4     64       37     +27   80
 5    2016/17    BSP        10th         15     18       13     55       45     +10   63
 6    2017/18    BSP        17th         14     14       14     45       57     -12   56
 7    2018/19    BSP         1st         24     17        5     67       42     +25   89

I have a feeling we'll get mullered next season :D

Conman- A great update and a good last day in staying up. Could you put a code in for your seasonal progress please? also, what tactic are you using, just interested :)

Done :)

Also, using a basic 4-4-2 playing the ball pretty direct. Tactics in the lower leagues have never been my thing on FM though, hence the struggles in S2 with both Hendon and Carshalton!

Northwich Victoria - 2015/16

Basically, a disaster ....

The season started badly, with only 1 point from our first 8 games, that being a 0-0 draw at home to Workington. Things did improve a bit however, as we managed to get 10 points from the next 4 games, before resuming our losing streak once again. Only 6 points from our next 11 games left us deep in trouble in the relegation zone, with only 17 points from the first 23 games, and only 14 goals to our name (and 1 of those was an own goal)!

With that in mind, I ditched my favoured 4-1-2-1-2 tactic, and went with a 4-3-3 instead, as we were losing out in midfield, my idea being to have an extra man there to solidify the center of the pitch. It worked to a certain extent, as we saved ourselves from relegation with 4 games to go. in the last 19 games, we managed to pick up 24 points, but still only scored another 18 goals. It's not as if the team was afraid to have a go at goal either, as most games, attempts at goal reached double figures. Unfortunately, attempts on target was a lot less ....

In the end, we finished 18th, with a grand total of 41 points, although if the team had kicked on a bit in the last 4 games after we achieved safety, we could have finished another 2 or 3 places higher.

In the FA Cup, we lost to Marine 1-0 in Q2 and also went out of the FAT in Q3 to Altringham, again a 1-0 defeat.

Season          P    W    D     L     GF    GA    GD    Points   Pos.     Notes
2012/13         42   20   12    10    65    34    +31     72     6th      Not a bad first season.
2013/14         42   21   9     12    49    30    +19     72     5th      Lost in playoff semi.
2014/15         42   19   8     15    48    45    +3      65     7th      2 points shy of playoffs
2015/16         42   11   8     23    32    58    -26     41     18th     Disastrous season!

Transfers - I'm clean!

Youth players

Due to a retirement and 3 others leaving on frees, plus my keeper moving to Darlington, I was forced to chuck several players in at the deep end at the start of the season. While the struggled in the first half of the season, they got better, and some of them now are listed (by my coaches) as Good BSN players, so there is hope yet. (Quick summary below of how my youth players got on in the first team.) There was 3 or 4 other youth players involved, but there only got the odd game here and there.

Name                     Position     Games Conceded  Goals  Assists  MoM  Red  Yellow   Av. Rating
Bradley Power YP02-2     GK           42       56       -       -      0    1      0        6.56
Frank Lenders YP02-1     D C          32(6)     -       0       0      2    0      6        6.69
Ben Ryan YP01            M C          42(1)     -       0       3      0    0      5        6.63
William Pratt YP03       M C          7(18)     -       1       2      0    0      2        6.64
Ahmet Ozturk             ST           8(10)     -       2       0      1    0      0        6.59
Les Beck YP04-1          ST           4         -       0       0      0    0      0        6.68

Youth Intake

Holy mackeral batman!!!! Probably the best intake I've ever had! 2 players got the YP tag this year, Les Beck (report card) and Stephen Haddow (report card), as they were both listed as potentially good League 2 players. Les went into the first team for the final 4 games of the season, just to get him used to first team football.

QUick edit :: 12 months on from winning the group 12 title, my under 18s carry that form through to this season, and win the group 11 title :D

FC United of Manchester 2012/2013

160px-FC_United.png

Pre-Season

8b2412685cd1c15436af4423353458fa.png

Count me in! Just had my pre-season campaign with some poor news - 2 first team players ended up with a 7-8 weeks injury. The highlight of pre-season was the game against the Marines with a fluke goal and a 12-minute hat-trick from our substitute striker. Highlights here.

Manager Profile

Manager Info

Season Boardroom priorities

Season Expectations

General Info

Facilities

Finances

First Team Squad

Transfers

Ray Soule - Assistant Manager

Adam Miller - Coach 1

Paul Jackson - Coach 2

Ryan Short - Coach 3

Jeremy Dexter - Coach 4

Ben Brown - Scout

Mike Perry - Physio

Junior Coaching budget increased (25.07.2012)

Training Facilities Upgrade (25.07.2012)

Drew - Great season, congrats! It's tough in League 2 but there's more money about (I earnt a mill with Friendly Leagues and tourneys in the off season!) and being professional means better training for the youth so it's not all bad.

Avramski - Unlucky. But you have a great Youth Intake. Les Beck looks very special, make sure you tie him down to long term contract otherwise he'll walk out on you and leave you stranded like a no good son of a... Sorry I'm still bitter about Freeman. Anyway, yeah, great intake! Maybe you can push on for promotion next season?

Shevchenko - Good start there. It'll be tough but you'll enjoy it. :)

Drew- Congrats on the rather unexpected promotion! The step to L2 isnt as big as from the bs regionals to the BSP so I think you will stay up. :)

Avramski- An unlucky season but as great intake. I think it balances out and I wouldnt be surprised if you were back in the hunt for a playoff place.

Shevchenko- Welcome and good luck with FC United.

Donald- Glad you picked another challenging team and I think you can do it with Margate.

Holy crap, I almost just spat water all over my work PC when my youth intake came in.....

This little gem (little is key word there) is a Weymouth lad born and bred, and check out his potential!!!!!

As with all youths at this level I imagine, he does have a couple of issue. Only 5' 3" tall and a jumping of 1, weighing only 113lbs (8st 1lb), so there is nothing to him. But damn!!! 15, will turn 16 within the month. Shows how poor my MC's are as he is immediately twice as good as my current crop.

Two PPMs, 1 I like (Tries Long Range Passes), 1 I do not (Dwells On Ball).

The rest of the intake was below average, but care I do not :)

Report Card

sambryantattributes.png

Man has this little guy got me buzzing!

Mini-update

After a major disaster in pre-season I've struggled grimly for much of the season and was seriously considering packing it all in when I got an awesome YP intake that's restored my faith in the game :) Noone quite as good as Braumiller's however...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been so furious in my time of playing fm! After everything I have done for them, Promotion to the BSP, improving finances to over 500k, and despite setting the lowest season expectations every season (avoid relegation) I got this through my inbox. I guess I will be finding a new team after one of my greatest saves :(.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been so furious in my time of playing fm! After everything I have done for them, Promotion to the BSP, improving finances to over 500k, and despite setting the lowest season expectations every season (avoid relegation) I got this through my inbox. I guess I will be finding a new team after one of my greatest saves :(.

Oh man, that is unfair :(

The immediate issue with our YA teams getting promoted is instant relegation and only the most ambitious / trigger happy chairmen should fail to see that.

Just think ahead to the joy of beating them home and away next season back in the BSN with your new team. Instant rivalry :thup:

ha ha. I definately think I got unlucky with the chairman. It cost him a lot to get rid of me though as I still had 2-3 years left on my contract.

Aw unlucky Ri. That was harsh. You going to pick a new team? Or start again like some?

I'm going to be away from tomorrow until monday as I'm on holiday and I wont have access to internet (so please dont post to many updates for me to catch up on! :D) but I still want to get into and play my new save for this challenge, what do I have to do when i finish tonight to be able to play fm over the weekend without internet access? Do I put steam in offline mode or something? not sure...

Archived