Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joe- why are you not encouraged! people are getting 16yr olds ready for the first team!

That's true, very true indeed.

I was just building up my hopes a bit too much I feel but I suppose I'll just have to take what I can get.

I'm struggling for words here, I was one of the best teams, 5 points clear at the top and won plenty of games...

In the last 16 games, i've won just 2 games outright, and won 1 game on penalties against BSP Wrexham, drawn 9 and lost 4... I'm 5th in the league now! Looks like promotion is out of the question unless we start winning.

I had a very similar problem in my previous save with Gainsborough. We hit a slightly tough patch and our heads dropped, meaning we lost about 6 on the trot. I went for a change of formation that time though and it worked in the end.

just a quick update before i dash off to the pub, on my facilites screen now i have a new stadium being built which wont be finished till june 2016, and it says i have no youth facilities so does that mean i wont get an intake till march 2017????

Strange...... I've just gone to the boardroom and it says that a stadium is being built for 2016 aswell. it was also started the day my training facility plans were cancelled.... hmmm. still have youth facilities though..... I would guess you will get a youth intake still.

We are using it so we can track our youth players. YP=youth player and the number is the season we had them come through. every season you pick your best player from your intake and give them this tag.

Okay, so I'm going to do a bit of a mid-season update as I really am loving this save. A lot of my games have been cancelled over Christmas because of snow which hopefully will get rid of the congested fixtures.

Well we've got off to an absolute flyer, our last defeat was back on the 1st September and we've put together a run of 15 games without defeat, drawing just 3 in the process. Also within this run we have only conceded 5 goals.

Fixtures

League table

Our defence has been key in our success, with 11 clean sheets, once we score I seem to get a good feeling.

Here I'm just going to list a few of our better performers:

Dean McDonald - he hit a cracking run of form which kick-started our unbeaten run. He's our top scorer but is starting to taper off.

David Ray - our rock at the back! Cannot fault some of his performances, very impressive.

Paul Vines - Started off the season as our main source of goals only to lose his spot to McDonald. He's come in to a bit of form currently though playing as a Deep Lying Forward. A very player.

Carshalton, the season so far .... (June 24th - Dec 31st)

In the league, after 22 games, we sit 11th in the BSS, with 31 points. However, we're only 5 points away from the playoff places, and importantly, have a better goal difference over most of the teams above us. Some good runs in the league have been followed by bad runs, but overall, not too bad so far.

In the FA Cup, Staines (BSS) were beaten 3-2 in Q2, with Kings Lynn losing 2-0 in Q3. In Q4 however, we were drawn against Chelmsford (BSP). 2-2 was the final score before the replay saw us suffer a 2-1 loss in Essex.

Some say we may have been fortunate to beat Welling in Q3 of the FA Trophy, as we needed an 85th minute equaliser to force a replay, before winning 3-2 at Welling, but the truth was in the first match, we went ahead after only 3 minutes, then hit the woodwork 4 times before half time. When they went 2-1 up I thought that's it. Try again next season. In the first round proper, it's another trip to Essex, as we're drawn away to Chelmsford..... We forced a replay by drawing 1-1, despite playing most of the match with only 10 men, and in my view rather luckily win the replay 3-2 despite having another man sent off and a player carried off after I used my 3rd sub. Tonbridge are next up for me in the cup.

In terms of junior coaching, I managed to persuade the board to increase it after we beat Kings Lynn. Hopefully, I can have a bit of a run in the FAT and persuade the board to increase it again at the beginning of March.

Just had an awful start to my second season but a detailed change to my tactics has resulted in three wins on the trot with Freeman (yp02) scoring freely after being on a goal drought of over 9 hours.

EDIT: Save game crashed. Managed to find another one from July but means I to restart this season...

Just had an awful start to my second season but a detailed change to my tactics has resulted in three wins on the trot with Freeman (yp02) scoring freely after being on a goal drought of over 9 hours.

EDIT: Save game crashed. Managed to find another one from July but means I to restart this season...

Have the game save every week, might be a slight annoyance, but worth it and have it as a 3 rolling save.

Carshalton, the season so far .... (June 24th - Dec 31st)

In the league, after 22 games, we sit 11th in the BSS, with 31 points. However, we're only 5 points away from the playoff places, and importantly, have a better goal difference over most of the teams above us. Some good runs in the league have been followed by bad runs, but overall, not too bad so far.

In the FA Cup, Staines (BSS) were beaten 3-2 in Q2, with Kings Lynn losing 2-0 in Q3. In Q4 however, we were drawn against Chelmsford (BSP). 2-2 was the final score before the replay saw us suffer a 2-1 loss in Essex.

Some say we may have been fortunate to beat Welling in Q3 of the FA Trophy, as we needed an 85th minute equaliser to force a replay, before winning 3-2 at Welling, but the truth was in the first match, we went ahead after only 3 minutes, then hit the woodwork 4 times before half time. When they went 2-1 up I thought that's it. Try again next season. In the first round proper, it's another trip to Essex, as we're drawn away to Chelmsford..... We forced a replay by drawing 1-1, despite playing most of the match with only 10 men, and in my view rather luckily win the replay 3-2 despite having another man sent off and a player carried off after I used my 3rd sub. Tonbridge are next up for me in the cup.

In terms of junior coaching, I managed to persuade the board to increase it after we beat Kings Lynn. Hopefully, I can have a bit of a run in the FAT and persuade the board to increase it again at the beginning of March.

Sounds like you've got a good season going, keep it up :D

Have the game save every week, might be a slight annoyance, but worth it and have it as a 3 rolling save.
Thats what I've done now. I took it off as I was too impatient with how long it was taking a holiday a season And forgot to put it back on... Learnt my lesson!

just realised I cant stop people reloading their youth intake to get better players. I'm sure your all trustworthy, but just remember, if you do this even once you probably wont feel the same way about completing this.

just realised I cant stop people reloading their youth intake to get better players. I'm sure your all trustworthy, but just remember, if you do this even once you probably wont feel the same way about completing this.

We should all solemnly swear to not attempt such deviant behaviour :D

If you want to be pessimistic, you can't stop people using FMRTE to make their youngsters immense either :p

At the end of the day, if someone is attempting a challenge the only reward for doing so is satisfaction, and there's no satisfaction in cheating :)

If you want to be pessimistic, you can't stop people using FMRTE to make their youngsters immense either :p

At the end of the day, if someone is attempting a challenge the only reward for doing so is satisfaction, and there's no satisfaction in cheating :)

Agreed, take the highs with the lows I always say :)

Just got my youth intake last night, couldn't be bothered posting after i'd been training, was too tired lol. As far as I can remember, I have one good prospect and could be my YP01 (i think thats what you said to name it), but the others are a little disappointing!

I'm wondering if, with the extra players coming in, I could push for top spot again, i'm currently 5th after a horror show in recent months.

Chester - March Update - Season 1

It's been a long season, but we've finally got our first crop of youth players in! It has come up with some interesting players, but there isn't anybody outstanding as such...

We've worked very hard this season and started on sensationally, soon rising above the likes of Darlington and Alfreton into top spot. We heald top spot for a while and even went 5 points clear at one point, but all of a sudden we hit a brick wall! We are now doing the opposite and being the team 5 points behind 1st place! We are currently in the play-off positions, but it's Squeeky Bum Time! We are a healthy 5 points clear of Nuneaton, but as we have already experienced, that can quickly change and i'm hoping the new crop of youth can shoot us back up the table.

League Table

League Stats

We haven't particularly had any amazing players, just a team with togetherness, but as already stated, it's all falling apart...

Chester Squad & Stats

Season Verdict So Far... It's been a more than successfull season compared to what I expected, but I wont complain and we are just hoping to get promotion and maybe attract bigger crowds and hopefully improve the facilities.

Youth In-Take

My First YP!

Gary Beckford YP01, the home town hero of the future! Born in Chester on 24.10.1996, level headed, described as a young striker and is already blowing the Chester fans minds!

Gary Beckford YP01

Report Card

He looks to have very good Physical stats except strength and his composure is fantastic, really exciting stats if you ask me. I've set up a training schedule as promised for all my YP's and i've set individual training to Quickness to try get pace and acceleration up.

The only problem with Beckford is he has very low Determination levels, so i've decided to get Matty McNeil to tutor him who has 12 Determination. I'm hoping that Beckford's will go up through being tutored and give him a better chance of reaching his potential. I was a bit scepticle at first as my Assistant Manager isn't the best when it comes to looking at CA and PA, but I had nothing to lose in giving him games as my strikers haven't been able to score to save their life in the last few months and he's come into the side and blown peoples minds away!

1st Game: 1 Assist, best player in my team...

2nd Game: 2 Goals, best player in my team...

I can't wait for the next match now!

My First YP!

Gary Beckford YP01, the home town hero of the future! Born in Chester on 24.10.1996, level headed, described as a young striker and is already blowing the Chester fans minds!

Gary Beckford YP01

Report Card

He looks to have very good Physical stats except strength and his composure is fantastic, really exciting stats if you ask me. I've set up a training schedule as promised for all my YP's and i've set individual training to Quickness to try get pace and acceleration up.

The only problem with Beckford is he has very low Determination levels, so i've decided to get Matty McNeil to tutor him who has 12 Determination. I'm hoping that Beckford's will go up through being tutored and give him a better chance of reaching his potential. I was a bit scepticle at first as my Assistant Manager isn't the best when it comes to looking at CA and PA, but I had nothing to lose in giving him games as my strikers haven't been able to score to save their life in the last few months and he's come into the side and blown peoples minds away!

1st Game: 1 Assist, best player in my team...

2nd Game: 2 Goals, best player in my team...

I can't wait for the next match now!

I know exactly how you feel with this guy. It's great when you get someone in the intake that can immediately go into the main team and play well.

I know exactly how you feel with this guy. It's great when you get someone in the intake that can immediately go into the main team and play well.

Well to be honest, he's rated far down the list in my striking department, but I thought what the hell, my strikers aren't scoring, so it can't hurt to play him :)

I'm a bit disappointed with the rest of the youth in-take, but i've signed up several just so that I have a bit of strength in depth for next season.

Well to be honest, he's rated far down the list in my striking department, but I thought what the hell, my strikers aren't scoring, so it can't hurt to play him :)

I'm a bit disappointed with the rest of the youth in-take, but i've signed up several just so that I have a bit of strength in depth for next season.

Fair enough might as well see what he can do. And I just ended up signing the lot as I needed more players to pad the squad out so even the bad ones got a contract, of which there were many.

End of season report.

Following my mid-season report above, where things were not going too badly, things basically fell to bits.....

We managed to beat Tonbridge 2-1 in the FAT but just 3 wins in 17 games meant we was in freefall down the BSS table. This was compounded by the 5-1 demolition job we suffered at the hands of fierce rivals Sutton Utd in the 3rd round of the FAT. However, 3 wins in the last 5 games of the season meant we was safe from relegation (quite comfortably in the end), but it was doubtful for a while.

Final league table

I wasn't that impressed by my youth intake, as the only player suitable for a first team call up straight away was a goalie (report card), a position that I was lucky to have good cover for anyway, but a few decent prospects there. I just need to get the midfielders trained up ready for first team action though, as that is where I'm weakest currently.

In terms of transfers. I signed no one to stay within the rules, and the only player to leave was 1 of 4 leftbacks I had when I took over.

PS. Incase your wondering about the website, it's my own photography website. Feel free to have a browse if you want. I've set up a gallery where I can upload all my screenshots so you can see my progress through the challenge. As it's an unlisted gallery, the only place you'll find links for it, are in this thread.

Oh, while I remember, the board has spent £85k for me to add 50 seats to bring the ground up to league rules, so I expect no increase in junior coaching next season. :mad:

End of season report.

Following my mid-season report above, where things were not going too badly, things basically fell to bits.....

We managed to beat Tonbridge 2-1 in the FAT but just 3 wins in 17 games meant we was in freefall down the BSS table. This was compounded by the 5-1 demolition job we suffered at the hands of fierce rivals Sutton Utd in the 3rd round of the FAT. However, 3 wins in the last 5 games of the season meant we was safe from relegation (quite comfortably in the end), but it was doubtful for a while.

Final league table

I wasn't that impressed by my youth intake, as the only player suitable for a first team call up straight away was a goalie (report card), a position that I was lucky to have good cover for anyway, but a few decent prospects there. I just need to get the midfielders trained up ready for first team action though, as that is where I'm weakest currently.

In terms of transfers. I signed no one to stay within the rules, and the only player to leave was 1 of 4 leftbacks I had when I took over.

PS. Incase your wondering about the website, it's my own photography website. Feel free to have a browse if you want. I've set up a gallery where I can upload all my screenshots so you can see my progress through the challenge. As it's an unlisted gallery, the only place you'll find links for it, are in this thread.

Oh, while I remember, the board has spent £85k for me to add 50 seats to bring the ground up to league rules, so I expect no increase in junior coaching next season. :mad:

The goalie looks like he could be a good one for the future :) It's amazing the amount of points between 19th and 20th! Well done on staying up :)

TM- that young striker looks great! I wish people would stop being disappointed with their youth intake, anyone who has players through with gold stars already should feel lucky.

Avramski- well done on surviving ( as that is what the first season is about ;)) unfortunately your site seems to be to busy for me to view your screenies. Was disappointing as i wanted to see your goalkeeper :(.

Everyone- Stop moaning! your youth intakes are looking great and like they will develop into much better than your first team, so be happy! :)

This afternoon is the final showdown for the league, unfortunately on the last day of the season I could only take second place, which leaves the play-offs. We beat southport in the semi's in both legs, but now face the toughest challenge of our career so far, against darlington who I pipped to 2nd place! Can we do it?

Hendon 2013/14 - Blue Square South

End of Season Update

League Table : Strange a more comforatable survival with less points on the board

Fa Cup : KO on first game

Fa Trophy : Same as Fa Cup shocking

Squad : Lost our best RB,GK and second best DC due to wage budget being halved and they wouldn't renew. but apart from that all looks good. just hope next years intake has a RB and a MC as were very lacking there

Youth Intake : Same as the post above

Key Players

Steven Last : yet again solid at the back.

Finances : This is really not looking good loosing huge amounts every month even tho the wages are at 2500 a week, not much at all. chairman will not throw any money in whatsoever. he is a bit of a dick

And of course TRANSFERS

Next season

Still no junior coaching upgrade :( hopefully the 2 new strikers can score in front off goal and we also have 2 new dc's come through. aim yet again is survival

Hendon 2013/14 - Blue Square South

End of Season Update

League Table : Strange a more comforatable survival with less points on the board

Fa Cup : KO on first game

Fa Trophy : Same as Fa Cup shocking

Squad : Lost our best RB,GK and second best DC due to wage budget being halved and they wouldn't renew. but apart from that all looks good. just hope next years intake has a RB and a MC as were very lacking there

Youth Intake : Same as the post above

Key Players

Steven Last : yet again solid at the back.

Finances : This is really not looking good loosing huge amounts every month even tho the wages are at 2500 a week, not much at all. chairman will not throw any money in whatsoever. he is a bit of a dick

And of course TRANSFERS

Next season

Still no junior coaching upgrade :( hopefully the 2 new strikers can score in front off goal and we also have 2 new dc's come through. aim yet again is survival

Good job on survival and don't worry about it, your in a transitional period, trying to introduce the new future stars and hopefully in the coming seasons you will turn good :)

Welcome to the showdown between Chester & Darlington! The Play-off Final!

Previous Meetings...

The First game between Chester and Darlington was a pre-season friendly, but despite matching them in every area of the pitch, Levi Mackin scored an own goal which sealed out fate, losing 2 - 1.

The Second game was an away game for us and Darlington were expected to crush us. Darlington were crushing us come half-time, but we were still holding out at 0 - 0 and in the second half, Matthew Dolan got sent off to Darlington. This allowed us to keep control of the ball a bit better and we were unlucky not to snatch a victory. It ended 0 - 0...

The Final game we played against them was in the return fixture, with home advantage! Darlington proved however, that home advantage wouldn't give us an easy ride and despite Darlington picking up a red card late on, we were lucky to come out of this with a very respectable 1 - 1 result!

The League...

Darlington were probably the most feared opponent in the league, come the start of the season, or at least in my eyes they were! But some how in our last game of the season, we managed to snatch second place away from them and i'm sure they will be looking for revenge! They have performed extremely well this season with 77 goals and 41 conceded, giving them a goal difference of +36.

Shaun Curtis is seen as the main threat for Darlington and he's been one of the most consistent performers in the league this season. We will need to keep him quiet if we are to come out of this one with the victory!

Verdict: I believe we can pull this off, but I will be looking towards my YP01 to provide some memorable magic! We've managed 2 draws in the league, but that friendly defeat does hang over our heads and it's time to go out and prove we are good enough! We are playing at home which could be a major factor in this match and i'm very pleased by that!

Match Highlights! Watch For Match Result! View in 720p HD :)

[video=youtube;Hry6ghXDDBo]

congrats on promotion!!!!!! woooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! well done ;) looking forward to the end of season post.

Thanks :D It was nail biting against Darlington, but I feel we were the better team and Gary Beckford YP01 was absolutely brilliant! Matty McGinn's giant throws are very dangerous and he proved that in the final :)

Archived